Online Availability
NEVER
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Douche
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Surrealism, Surreal Horror (Think Tim Burton), Steampunk, Sci-Fi Fantasy, Spaghetti Westerns, Mercenaries, Dieselpunk, Cyberpunk, Historical fantasies
Since we opened in Oct. 2005, every year our amount of members have increased. So it's hard to say if it's increased because of the smoking ban or just because it has simply increased.

I don't remember the exact date Iwaku was founded by Peridox as a .hack sign fan site but as you all can tell we've changed a lot over the four years we've been on. We've had some loldrama and a few trolls over the years but so far it has been a fun experience.

I'd like to thank all the staff and few Old Guard members we still have around for putting up with Amso and myself for the past two and a half years as admins. To the newer generation of member, you guys are the real life blood of the forum and with out you it'd just be me and Diana spinning around on office chairs due to our short attention spans.

So to make a long story short, get off my lawn and enjoy the time you spend on this little area of the World Wide Webs we call home.

Yay! Happy Birthday Iwaku! <3 Four years is an extraordinary accomplishment for a forum community! Lets hope to see four more!

Hrm, catchy... nailed what I believe tis the exact date Iwaku 2.0 was created. Considering I joined Oct 11, 2005 and it was two days after 2.0 was made.

Aye, congrats to Iwaku and our community for still being active.

-- EDIT --

Appears I was wrong, funny... forgot I still had some partial copies. For those that are interested...

Pre-Crash Era

IWAKU 1.0

Created-mid August, 2005
End-October 9, 2005

The Iwaku 1.0 Original link- http://iwaku.proboards55.com/index.cgi

The Lead Admin - Lord Peridox
Known Second in Command- Gabriel Zero
Known Moderators- Kage, Homac, Razilin

Known Members (Including above mentioned Moderators)
Astorite
Archetype/Arsenal
CoffeeCake Sadist
Shweetlemon
Atshogob
Razilin
Shadow Form
Reikei
Razilin
Woodrat
Gosai
Paorou-Sama
Curse Raven
Aki
Harlequin
Anne Bonny
Anon/Alexandrou
Bowiegranap
Maddy/Kaleena
DragonMan
Homac
Kage
Falconwing
ZerosEdge
Punchenangel666
Inari
Gateau
Danny Lammy
Zeloreon/Cookie Monster
Slavetothewall
Black Hayabusa
Kris
Sirocco
Katana Cowboy
Keign
Maddash
Female Fox
Vinidi Girl
Imperial Soldier
Celcius
Pip Arch Devil
Shadow Angel
Blank
Ricky
Sabradan
Kuraby
Blood John
Gotyaoi
Tuginobi
Namie
Iwaku Hero Ace

Known Role-play’s
Seth’s Bizarre Adventure
Purgatory
The Canvas
Requiem: Universal Rebirth
Shadows of the Past
Mad RP
WSA: North Pacific Region
Prince of the Rings
Kozmo Metal Wings
Cliff Bay
Fallen Demons

Summary (Incomplete)

The very first Iwaku, now known as Iwaku 1.0. The background color was a bluish-white in color. Also a fun fact was that it was a half role-play, half Dot//Hack worshiping site. This was because of Lord Peridox’s love of Dot//Hack. It contained a forum called Net Slums that was devoted to the Dot//Hack games. Gabriel Zero was responsible with recruiting members for Iwaku 1.0.

In many way’s Iwaku was a cross between Megatokyo and the Dragon-Tear forums as members from both places were present at Iwaku 1.0. The creator, Lord Peridox was from Dragon-Tear along with many other members, it can be said that Iwaku is based off of Dragon-Tear.

Also during Iwaku 1.0 when Lord Peridox was the admin and Gabriel Zero was her second. Razilin started a thread that was called "Nerf Castle". This is where he started a fictional Revolution against the Tyrants, Lord Peridox and Gabriel Zero. The story both started and ended in Nerf Castle, Razilin's stronghold.

Razilin died when Nerf Castle collapsed, with his final words being "Viva la Revolution!"

After a short time period, the thread was revived, as was the storyline. Razilin actually cloned himself so he could restart the “Revolution”. This time, his troops consisted of RazBots. He was again defeated, largely due to the interference of Archetype, who used an EMP blast to nullify the RazBot legions. The original thread was lost in the crash of Iwaku 1.0

Dragonman started a comic on Iwaku 1.0 called Reality Mods. It stared Arsenal and Himself. His rendition of Archetype was what Gabriel Zero based Arsenal off of for his Iwaku Bomb, something which Arsenal regretted.

---

The Crash

Summary (Incomplete)

The brief time period after the end of Iwaku 1.0. Term was coined by Razilin to describe the mass chaos and confusion that occurred after the deletion of Iwaku 1.0 by Lord Peridox for personal reasons. No one knew what was going on, and much scrambling went on trying to bring Iwaku back. Many erroneously contributed the Crash to a Proboards server change, since the deletion of Iwaku 1.0 was concurrent with a mass Proboards downtime.

During this time Homac contacted Gabriel Zero. Not wanting to lose Iwaku, Homac created Iwaku 2.0. Gabriel became second in command once more. Iwaku was only down for about a day and a half. A great majority of members ended up sending Gabriel Zero PM’s from where he found them originally. The only member that found her own way to Iwaku was Curse Raven, with the help of Astorite

---

Post-Crash Era

IWAKU 2.0

Created-October 10, 2005 Sometime around 10 a.m. Eastern Standard Time
End-N/A

Iwaku 2.0 Link- http://homac.proboards33.com/index.cgi

The Lead Admin - Homac
Second in Command- Gabriel Zero
Former Moderators- Arsenal(‘n crew), Dark Mystery, Razilin, Dragonman, Shadow Form, Sakura, Elfy-chan, Witchking, Darkcyril(The Other), Denku, Piro, Alexandrou, Chopsticks, Stream

Iwaku 2.0, The beginning

The beginning was a crash, several members sent PM’s to Gabriel from the sites that he had found them. Many members were upset about how everything vanished leaving them to have to start over. Several blamed Lord Peridox for it all. Homac stated in the “Welcome to the New Iwaku” thread to all the old members of Iwaku not to blame Peridox for the deletion of the original Forum. Other members were lost to the internets. Frustration was high so was anger.

The beginning colors was a dark black background and white text, Homac the new Admin could not find the color scheme of Iwaku 1.0 and settled on the black with white text. But in many ways Iwaku 2.0 was almost the exact same as Iwaku 1.0. The Forums went in the following order with these said names.

News/Updates
Suggestions
Help (Later Changed to Welcoming Board that day)
-General Realm-
General
Entertainment
Anime
Comics
Video Games
-???-
Net Slums
-Creations-
Art
Writing
-Role-Playing-
RP Basics
Fantasy
Sci-Fi
Parody + FanFiction
Misc.
-Other-
Rant
Insanity
Adult Gallery
Links​

At the very beginning there were 3 members of the Iwaku Staff. Homac, the Leader admin. Gabriel Zero, who was Lord Peridox second, became Homac’s second. And Arsenal, who was a moderator in charge of the “Other” forums. On October 11th, 2005 the moderator team was filled out. Along with Homac, Arsenal, and Gabriel, Razilin was instated as the first Global Moderator. Lord Peridox joined back on, this time under a different name, that of Xefi. She was placed in Charge of the Net Slums and Creations. Dragonman was placed in charge of Parody and Misc. as a RP Moderator. Lastly Reikei was placed in charge of RP Basics, Fantasy, and Sci-Fi, as a RP Moderator. Later, on November 8th, 2005 Anne Bonny became Moderator of the General Area of the Forum. All this information was Located in the “Staff Members” Thread.

Mine you some of this info is completly out of date. T'was back in Feb 2007 when I was tinkering with a Iwaku History thing. There is a bit more (not much) if anyone is interested in reading the dull stuff.

Remember kiddies, iffin you see any Old Guard alurkin about, say hi to 'em!

What the hell is Dot//Hack?

Actually I think it's .//hack some game thing... I have no idea why I had originally wrote it dot//hack.

Oct. 2005, hmmmmmmmm............ so Iwaku has been around the same amount of time I've been in thailand.

Happy BD Iwaku you crazy SOB!

Woodrat, I was one of the mods in Iwaku 2.0 dude. Dunno why I'm not even listed as a member in the 2.0 section either.. Very peculiar. And I joined in like 2006 FYI. I'll take no offense though. I was actually very active as a staff member back then. I remember Gabe sending me on a mission to get some affiliates and witnessing quite a bit of the early drama involving Johnny. I even was around when Vicious kinda messed up the RP awards.

Anyhow, happy birthday Iwaku!

Oy Weavel, that's cuz that chunk was completly ripped from the old history thread from 2007... Thus that staff list is current as of Feb 2007. I'm not even listed under former staff. Techincally This'd be considered Iwaku 4.0 ... or something like that.

Ah I see, that explains it then. That's why not even you are on there.

Yeah, and he missed out the part where "Lord Peridox" was my first account. I later took the name Asmodeus to avoid the backlash after deleting Iwaku 1.0.

Iwaku on for 4 years? That's how long I was in High School- why haven't I heard of this site before? I was on RPGW for that long! :O Well then, I'm glad a good friend (Nunnally-Chan) told me about this site!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IWAKU!!!!

XD

xoxo
-A.

FOUR MORE YEARS!

Gonna bug Lady Peridox on MSN so she can yell at us or something.

four years ago huh? i think that was around the time i started going online....

happy bday iwaku and may you outlast your current members ^_^

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IWAKU <33

I was here three and a half years, I think :3

I remember that I first I came during March before my thirteenth birthdayy after searching for an rpg site on the hundreth page of Google Search xD

Hehe <33

PARTY PARTY

I remember that!

I came in during 2.0, When Arse was still a mod, before he got too swamped with the Navy....

I joined on Jan 18. I remember that fact for some reason

I was fourteen, two to three months away from fifteen....

And now I'm eighteen and will be nineteen on March 27.... you do the math, I'm too lazy to.

What a wonderful time.... HAPPY B-DAY IWAKU!

I'm late for a Birthday thread as usual! Wow, just like the old days. Happy Birthday, Iwaku.

I need to revive the "Mad RP" tradition.

GAH!

MEMORIES!

*convulses on the floor clutching his head*

fuck i cant remember when i joined, though i know that its been a coupla years at least.

started off shitty but i got better....ish

I joined in August of...erm...06 I think...recruited off of Megatokyo.

From there on out it was craaaazy fun and whatnot...I was murdered by Arsenal/Archetype/Ryker numerous times in welcome threads...probably got welcoming mod position because the higher ups took pity on my broken,bleeding, and yet still welcoming body.

Curse of the Wounded King was one of my first rps...had to work with Asmo through pms to get Shiv just right.

Also that was when we had mature boards and Jumi started this one crazy rp with worlds as different levels in the sky...

Asmo was a...steampunk captain or something and I was a...Dracolich thing.

...yeah...I've had better characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.