Happy 25th Anniversary Mortal Kombat!

S

SacredWarrior

Original poster
I made an anniversary thread about Final Fantasy and now it's Mortal Kombat's turn! God knows this franchise has been through hell and back but it continues to stand strong as one of the most innovative fighting games ever to grace our presence and its popularity still remains higher than ever!

The same questions from my Final Fantasy thread still apply here :)

How did you first discover Mortal Kombat?

What was your first Mortal Kombat game?

What's your favorite Mortal Kombat game?

What are some memorable moments you have with the franchise?

What do you love most about Mortal Kombat?

I first discovered Mortal Kombat while I was at the local laundromat with my mother. The place had several arcade games including Mortal Kombat II and III. I laid eyes on it and the rest is history.

My first Mortal Kombat game was this:

150609-Mortal_Kombat_-_Armageddon_(USA)-2.png

I was spending time with my cousins and one of them had this game on his PS2. Naturally I wanted to play it and went a few rounds with the fellas. I was instantly hooked and eventually got my own copy of this game along with Deception and Shaolin Monks! Armageddon is also my favorite in the series but other games like Shaolin Monks do come pretty damn close!

One of my most memorable moments with Mortal Kombat happened while I was playing MKX with my cousins during Memorial Day weekend. Needless to say we spend hours spamming each other with projectiles and talking trash when a huge storm came and the lights went out, basically ruining the fun. Damn it!

My favorite thing about Mortal Kombat is how daring it was for the time it came out and how it stood through so many trials and tribulations. No matter how big the outrage was, the franchise still stood strong and even made fun of the haters at some points! Hell the ESRB exists because of Mortal Kombat! That's pretty badass by itself!