Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
The year is 2613, and the United Nations Space Command has just deployed its latest breed of super-soldier: the SPARTAN-V. Born from necessity after a galactic civil war known as the Great Slipspace War, the candidates for the project were taken as children from selected families and replaced with flash clones after the consent of the family has been given (with the swapping date unknown to the parents). The Great Slipspace War was lead by planets in the Outer Colonies who protested the supposed tyranny of the Unified Earth Government (UEG) and was backed by a faction known as the Faithful, who were the organized remnants of those loyal to the ideals of defeated Covenant Empire. The Faithful found itself effectively neutralized, as were those responsible for the rebellion, but tensions still remain not only within the UEG, but among the humans and their alien allies. Currently the UEG is in a period it calls Reclamation, wherein the de-glassing of planets is resumed so as to allow for the expansion of civilization and the planets who were part of the rebellion in the Great Slipspace War are currently under examination and are subject to interim governments until the UEG's requirements for full membership and acknowledgement are met.

To ensure that another of civil war does not occur, the SPARTAN-V project itself has bred forth new SPARTANs with various telekinetic abilities that are still experimental and uncertain, even after twenty years of training. This RP will take place on the UNSC Maelstrom, one of the Fleet's seven Infinity-class warships, which is commanded by Rear Admiral Derrick Thompson. We will focus especially on the newly-formed Spartan Platoon Sigil, led by and composed of a group of SPARTAN-Vs, most of which have never met nor worked together before forming up before the Maelstrom's launch into space, as they work to fulfill the Maelstrom's mission of patrolling and investigating various rumored remnants of the insurrection and of the Faithful in the Outer Colonies while working with Sangheili allies to determine what the occurrences are and whether or not they are connected. With ancient secrets and trillions of lives at stake, it's going to be up to the Maelstrom and her crew to determine what is really happening in the Outer Colonies and, if necessary, launch an offensive to stop it as an old enemy, hidden by ONI for over half a century, resurfaces.

A few notes:

-This takes in an alternate timeline where Halo 4 and 5 did not occur and are replaced by the Great Slipspace War.
-Cortana was deactivated, recreated with previous memory banks, and crafted to be a new AI model by the same name.
-The Prometheans are undiscovered, which may or may not be a plot point in the roleplay depending on player opinions.
-Master Chief John-117 passed away after the events of the Great Slipspace War and is memorialized with a statue and museum on Earth.
-Telekinesis and other SPARTAN-V abilities will be limited and will rely on player integrity.
-You can build your own loadout, guided by character classes.
-You are not limited to being a SPARTAN: you can even go so far as to be an Elite!
-I will answer as many questions as possible if you have them.
-This RP will go by courtesy posting system. This means that players will be able to post after a few others do.
-The expected post length for non-combat scenes is two paragraphs. It is fully understood that this may not always be the case in every situation.
-Seeking a Co-GM!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomad-22
I'm very interested in this idea. Do have a question though. Is a writer only allowed to RP as Spartans and Elites?

Last edited:
I'm very interested in this idea. Do have a question though. Is a writer only allowed to RP as Spartans and Elites?

Not at all! You can pick most of the species from the Halo universe.

Awesome. So how long it has been since the Human-Covenant War timeline-wise in this story? Lke twenty years or something guessing by how long the latest Spartan program been working on their new abilities?

Awesome. So how long it has been since the Human-Covenant War timeline-wise in this story? Lke twenty years or something guessing by how long the latest Spartan program been working on their new abilities?
It was roughly sixty years ago in the current timeline.

*Beep* Interested *Beep*

New question, is the weaponry and tech is about the same or has there been major changes?

New question, is the weaponry and tech is about the same or has there been major changes?
Both- you'll see when I post the OOC

I'm in. Have been itching for an RP like this. Will probably stick to a Human, but whether that human is a Spartan, Marine or of another classing I'll decide later

Reactions: AceSorcerer
Is there any possibility older Spartan models or UNSC Soldiers that were in Stasis could be around to serve in the new program, even if as trainers or NCO's? I notice the 60 year time frame, but there were a good number of UNSC personnel during the war frozen for more years than they biologically lived. Want to know where you stand in regards to that, or would all lost ships have been recovered by this point?

• Thank You
Is there any possibility older Spartan models or UNSC Soldiers that were in Stasis could be around to serve in the new program, even if as trainers or NCO's? I notice the 60 year time frame, but there were a good number of UNSC personnel during the war frozen for more years than they biologically lived. Want to know where you stand in regards to that, or would all lost ships have been recovered by this point?
Yes, mostly likely SPARTAN-IV's. In this timeline all the remaining SPARTAN-II's (with a few exceptions) were all forced to retire after the Great Slipspace War.

Alright, I need to think a bit more consider me a possible joiner for now. If I do will likely be as a Veteran Spartan IV or an older Elite, they seem to live for awhile given the age of some of the Elite Majors. I'll let you know something tomorrow based on how I feel for sure.

Alright, I need to think a bit more consider me a possible joiner for now. If I do will likely be as a Veteran Spartan IV or an older Elite, they seem to live for awhile given the age of some of the Elite Majors. I'll let you know something tomorrow based on how I feel for sure.
Sounds good! If you really wish to be a II or III, I can find a way around it.

Hey there. Am I able to throw a possible interest in here?

More interested in playing a human, with a love of the ODST. . . Would that be feasible? I see its going to be based around the new spartans being deployed. But, if not thats cool, just let me know. And is this going to run slightly more realistically, or like the video games(does that make sense)?

Room for SSgt Travers and the Fireteam?

Hey there. Am I able to throw a possible interest in here?

More interested in playing a human, with a love of the ODST. . . Would that be feasible? I see its going to be based around the new spartans being deployed. But, if not thats cool, just let me know. And is this going to run slightly more realistically, or like the video games(does that make sense)?
Feel free to be an ODST! And we'll be doing this far more realistic with some of the same craziness from the games.

• Thank You
Reactions: Spectre
I'll join for now, but health issues might force me to back out later on as fair warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.