Q

Quail

Original poster
Hey, there! These are the sign-ups and the OOC discussion for the Halo: Project Kindred roleplay, so feel free to look around. I've got pretty decent knowledge about the Halo universe, but it's not a requirement for YOU to be very well versed with everything there is to know about the lore, as long as you played at least one game/get the gist of it all then that's fine. Please keep in mind that this takes place about simultaneously as the first game/The Flood book. I'm looking for up to three ODSTs. You may have more than one character, but only one Spartan and are limited to 2-3 people in total. Keep in mind, death is possible - after all, not even Spartans are invincible! Romance is allowed, but if it gets to be sexual move it to PMs please!
I also may use another of my Spartans if we NEED one/two more, though I'd prefer not to if at all possible. Please read the information below! (I've highlighted some important things in teal for ya)

IC link: https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/halo-project-kindred.161005/

The roster so far:
Spartans
Mick-126 @Quail
Vance-102 @Dipper
Morgan-163 @Galvantic
Sara-115 @Stari
Volkov-178 @~\The Talentless/~
Mikhael-123 @Tribulation

ODSTs
Viktor O'Brian @Quail
Jackson Way @Quail
Max Taylor @Stari
Kozma Zoltan @Rowdybull
Anthony Brooks @Dipper
Dale Chipman @dalecOoOoOoOoOper

Please fill out this character sheet if you wish to join~

----------------------------------
Character sheet template:
----------------------------------

Name:

Nickname:

Rank/Position:

General Personality:

Strengths:

Weaknesses/Fears:

Appearance (include realistic pictures if you can, with and without armor):

Weaponry/Arsenal (any weapons before Halo 4 are acceptable):
Any questions are welcome and I'll answer them to the best of my abilities! Though I do have some general rules that I'd like you to follow, those of which you can read right in the handy dandy spoiler here~
1) NO GODMODDING AND TRYING TO MAKE YOUR CHARACTER INVINCIBLE, EVEN SPARTANS DIE.

2) PLEASE RESPECT EVERYONE AND THEIR STYLE OF WRITING!

3) INPUT AND CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM ARE WELCOME, BUT BASHING AND/OR INSULTS ARE NOT.

4) HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE ROLEPLAY!
Both vessels:
The Rising Sun is a UNSC Destroyer-class ship complete with two MAC guns, twenty-six oversized Archer Missile pods, three Shiva-class Nuclear Missiles, and eight 50mm point-defense autocannons. It has been modified with light energy shielding and a slightly bigger bay to hold two Pelicans and a launch area outfitted with about 30 SOEIVs (drop pods for ODSTs). She also holds a 'smart' AI, by the name of Iris, to navigate and command the ship and her defenses.
rising sun 2.jpg

The living quarters for both SPARTANs and ODSTs are quite alike, and look as pictured below:

living quarters.jpg
The Reaper of Advance is a Covenant Carrier-Class ship complete with unknown outfitted plasma artillery and a strong energy shield.
covenant 2.jpg
My Characters:
Name: Mick-126

Nickname: His Spartans refer to him as M or just Mick.

Rank/Position: Leader of Echo Team

General Personality: Seen as cold and mechanical to any other military personnel besides his Spartans, Mick fits inside the common stereotype of Spartans being more machine than man-keeping his mouth shut unless he has an inquiry or is confirming something. Though for a Spartan he has quite the mouth on him, speaking out if anyone below him starts to spout anything he finds preposterous. Known for his sharp tongue and brutal honesty, Mick has stung more than a few egos in his years. He's a fair man, treating everyone with a mutual respect-though if you lose it, it's hard to reattain. He opens up quite a bit around his Spartans, however, turning from an icy dog of the military to a warm and caring man; one that prioritizes his Spartan's lives over almost anything-even orders at times.

Strengths: Quite charismatic, bold, and tough-minded, Mick makes for a good leader and an even greater man. He always exercises great caution during missions to ensure the safety of his teammates, constantly keeping a back-up plan in the back of his mind in the event things went awry.

Weaknesses/Fears: Mick values the lives of his fellow Spartans above anything, so much so that it could become a liability or jeopardize the mission at hand.

Appearance: His eyes are a brilliantly clear sapphire that allow him to see almost perfectly in the dark, courtesy of the many augmentations he's endured.
A dark chestnut, his hair is close cut but not shaven completely. Like every Spartan, he's ghastly pale from the lack of sunlight due to being encased in his MJOLNIR
armor for such extended periods of time.
He stands at 214 cm without armor and 224 cm with armor, weighing in at 127.5 kg without armor and 447.5 kg with armor respectively.
He has a strong, sculpted jaw that looks as if it can cut stone. He also possesses a long thin silvery scar across the base of his neck, beside his left collarbone.

4948aaf68f196e41baa6e8e992b6a321.jpg
latest

Weaponry/Arsenal: Carries a BR55HB SR (battle rifle) at all times, along with an MA5B assault rifle, three fragmentation grenades, a M6D magnum sidearm, and a combat knife. Can also work most Covenant weaponry.
Name: Viktor O'Brian

Nickname: Often called Vik by his men.

Rank/Position: ODST Sergeant

General Personality: Viktor is quite the austere man, following orders and keeping his men in line with clean precision and authority. Though his men often say he needs to 'loosen up', Viktor refuses to rest until every 'Covie bastard' is 'put down like the dogs they are', as he so lovingly phrases it. He rarely cracks a smile and has been known to have a biased view on the SPARTAN-II's, often regarding them with disgust and treating them like worms whenever he is forced to interact with them. He also ironically treats his men with the utmost respect and care, the polar opposite of how he treats the Spartans.

Strengths: Undeterred by anything, Viktor is never taken off guard by a situation and always has a clear minded approach to almost any occurrence. His sharp mind and honed instincts keep him and his soldiers from walking into disaster, his tactics outshining even the Covenant's most erratic and intelligent maneuvers.

Weaknesses/Fears: Viktor has a problem with his left leg, having had multiple surgeries on it after the back of it had been mauled by a frag grenade. He can get a mild limp because of his leg, but it rarely interferes with his duties.
He hates the idea of burning to a crisp on a planet being glassed by the Covenant.

Appearance: He has muddy hazel eyes, tanned worn skin, a clean buzz cut, and a fit physique, making him look younger than he is; though, his eyebrows give some of his age away with their silver tint. He stands at six feet even and weighs in at two hundred and two pounds.
buzz-cut-hairstyles-min.jpg

latest

Weaponry/Arsenal: Wears the standard ODST ballistic battle armor and carries a M7S caseless submachine gun, combat knife, three fragmentation grenades, and M6D magnum sidearm at all times.
Name: Jackson Way

Nickname: Teasingly called Jacky-boy by his fellow ODSTs.

Rank/Position: ODST Private

General Personality: Jackson is a very cheerful and optimistic man, often socializing with anyone and everyone he can. He's quite outgoing and, though he may not seem it, very bright and tactful. He has no certain view on the SPARTAN-II's, if anything he admires and looks up to them for their many campaigns and unrivaled bravery.

Strengths: No matter how hopeless or unrelenting a situation may be or seem, Jackson never gives up and continues to fight until there's nothing of him left. He also has a very strong will and doesn't snap under any kind of pressure.

Weaknesses/Fears: He despises the thought of dying in space, strangled by the lack of oxygen and floating aimlessly among the inky blackness.

Appearance: Jackson is adorned with vibrant green eyes, a light stuble, plush messy copper hair, a full face, and a slightly lanky physique. He still clearly looks young and, like his eyes, very green in the ODST positioning. He stands at five feet nine inches and weighs in at one hundred and seventy pounds, his muscle not as apparent as most, though still there.
image.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Weaponry/Arsenal: Wears the standard ODST ballistic battle armor and carries a M7S caseless submachine gun, combat knife, three fragmentation grenades, and M6D magnum sidearm at all times.
And now, a brief summary of the roleplay!

It is August 1st of 2552 and the UNSC Destroyer Rising Sun is fleeing the battle above the planet Reach, on orders to preserve the AI Kindred--a construct known as Halsey's 'second' copy of Cortana.

Aboard the Rising Sun resides a team of six SPARTAN-IIs known as Echo Team, and about two dozen battle hardened ODSTs.
The ship itself is commanded by Captain Geralt Finnick, a prestigious man renowned for his Keyes-like maneuvers and quick thinking. Echo Team's main objective is to keep a highly crucial AI from getting into Covenant hands no matter the cost--the orders are absolute.
The ship had made the jump at 0100 hours toward a random vector as per the Cole Protocol.

However, the Rising Sun hadn't slipped out of the Epsilon Eridani system unnoticed.

A Covenant Carrier--Reaper of Advance--had caught them on their radar and now the ship, commanded by an overzealous sangheili, chases after them. Unbeknownst to the humans aboard the Rising Sun, they are headed straight to an only newly Covenant-discovered Forerunner installation that harbors only the unknown.

So, I ask you now Spartan/soldier--are you brave enough to face the unknown?

Last edited by a moderator:
Would it be ok for me to put up two profiles; one ODST and one Spartan and just let the GM decide?

Also, would be being a Spartan-III be okay since there were only 75 candidates and only 33 (presumably slightly more since we are playing original characters.) made it through the augmentation process?

@Dipper

Yo @Quail , what do you think?

Only for a good minute? Not a second more?

I'm not drunk, I'm a smartass, there's a very clear difference...I think.

Would it be ok for me to put up two profiles; one ODST and one Spartan and just let the GM decide?

Also, would be being a Spartan-III be okay since there were only 75 candidates and only 33 (presumably slightly more since we are playing original characters.) made it through the augmentation process?

@Dipper
Hmm...well, I'd need you to put up the CS by tonight for the Spartan since I'm looking to post the IC thread tonight and I'm including each Spartan inside of a small portion of it. Also, this takes place around the same time as the first Halo game, so Spartan-IIIs aren't around yet sadly.

@Quail

Not to argue, but Spartan-III's were deployed on Reach in conjunction with SPARTAN-II's--if this takes place in the timeline of the first game, Halo: Combat Evolved, then Spartan-III's
were around. Noble 6, the one that brought Cortana to the Pillar of Autumn was a Spartan-III.

But, in terms of the games by themselves and that SPARTAN-III's didn't appear in Halo: CE--then that would make more sense. But there were more SPARTAN-III's in the chronological timeline of Reach (books, games, and lore) than there were SPARTAN-II's. III's were mostly orphans and the like, and treated as more disposable, though they were still vastly superior to the common Marine. They were largely used as subsidiary Spartans. But I'm getting off topic!

I'll go ahead and write my SPARTAN-II, but I have another, bit more, unique idea if you decide you don't want another SPARTAN-II.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quail
@Quail

Not to argue, but Spartan-III's were deployed on Reach in conjunction with SPARTAN-II's--if this takes place in the timeline of the first game, Halo: Combat Evolved, then Spartan-III's
were around. Noble 6, the one that brought Cortana to the Pillar of Autumn was a Spartan-III.

But, in terms of the games by themselves and that SPARTAN-III's didn't appear in Halo: CE--then that would make more sense. But there were more SPARTAN-III's in the chronological timeline of Reach (books, games, and lore) than there were SPARTAN-II's. III's were mostly orphans and the like, and treated as more disposable, though they were still vastly superior to the common Marine. They were largely used as subsidiary Spartans. But I'm getting off topic!

I'll go ahead and write my SPARTAN-II, but I have another, bit more, unique idea if you decide you don't want another SPARTAN-II.
I don't mean to be rude here or anything, but this is @Quail roleplay, so technically this is his universe he is creating, meaning he can alter what he wants in means of the chronological order of Spartans, or anything that is Halo cannon. Much like Disney did to Star Wars lore (which I hope they all die in a fire...) except this is more acceptable than that haha.

So if he wanted to make covenant ships made of latex, then he can do that lol. We joined the roleplay to be apart of what he created, let's not ruin that image of what he wanted too much. And if we don't like that, then we can just find another, or make one. Hope this doesn't offend haha

On another note, updated Volkov's appearance, just added specifics on his height and strength, pretty sure he's now stronger than a brute, maybe go toe to toe with a hunter in a fight of fisticuffs haha.

Or maybe take on the gravemind with his bear hands....

To add my piece, IIIs were the kamikaze Spartans. I don't think they'd be given a mission of this importance. Nah, you need the good ol' IIs for this mission. And a human touch in the form of ODSTs, of course.

• Love
Reactions: ~\The Talentless/~
To add my piece, IIIs were the kamikaze Spartans. I don't think they'd be given a mission of this importance. Nah, you need the good ol' IIs for this mission. And a human touch in the form of ODSTs, of course.

That's pretty much what I said! >.<

I want Volkov and Vance to wrestle elites together, since they're both hulking masses of pure Spartan. It'd be awesome.

That's pretty much what I said! >.<
In that case, I'm reiterating what the others have said; no IIIs. All IIs.

[bG=#660000]
[bg=#333333]C H A R A C T E R | S H E E T[/bg]​

"Prowl Under"

⌜ABOUT⌟
Name: Mikhael-123 "Apache"
Place of birth: Arcadia
Height: 6'4 with ou armor 7'0" with armor.
Weight: 425lbs
Appearance: Apache stands out among his fellow brothers; while some have the dark, crew cut hair and even some have no hair at all, his hair is as white as freshly fallen snow and his eyes are piercing and cold. His skin is not the bronze it should be, but an ashen color. He's somewhat of an anomaly, among his peers, and at first, it often got him ostracized for not looking like one of 'them'. His eyes are pale, yet lustrous silver color with the same gleam and sharpness as his combat knife. He is lean and very limber, so he doesn't appear as muscular as some of the others but this belies his hidden strength. He is not built for outright power, but channeling bursts of strength similar to SPARTANS who are bigger to key points of the anatomy of an enemy. Wiry, and double-jointed, he is absolutely lethal in close range.

Armor: Mikhael's armor is a Sacramento green shaded MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor/Scout variant of the MJLONIR Powered Assault Armor. His helmet is a MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor/CQC variant, of the same color with a Up-armored variant with a hardened uplink module for MILINT acquisition.The MJOLNIR CQC variant was the first of its kind to aid and improve the Spartans' effectiveness in close quarters combat.The armor is designed for tactical, short-range battles in urban areas, and as such the CQC variant offers an improved field of visibility and heavy ballistic protection. In addition, numerous sections of the helmet supports open-port conversion - this allows the user to add any type of compatible module to the helmet to further improve functionality, allowing a Spartan to adapt to changing mission conditions on the fly.

His chest piece is an up-armored assault modification of the MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor/Scout torso. It adds a solid plate over the soft undersuit. This plate attaches to and moves with the chest plate, and is not attached to the undersuit. It has black pouches asymmetrically placed over the chest plate. These pouches have small, seemingly luminescent blue accents. His right forearm has a bracer that consists of a thick piece of supplemental armor held onto the gauntlet with two pairs of large clamps that strap completely around the arm, while his left has a dock for the MC5 Individual Data/Net Terminal TACPAD. Mikhael's thighs have UA/NxRA; a piece of external non-explosive reactive armor that is attached to the MJOLNIR thigh pieces.

Mikhael has a Lekgolo's helm for his left shoulder pauldron, and a "Commando"
Mjolnir Powered Assault Armor/K variant pauldron for his right shoulder.

-His secondary color is black. This, along with the deep shade of green helps him blend in effortlessly on terrestrial worlds and dark corridors.

-Has a cleaned Sangheili Zealot-class skull fastened tightly from his left hip. A reminder to him, of who killed his former teammates, and a warning to any Elite that tries to do so again.

-Has a Kig-Yar Point Defense Gauntlet on his left wrist. When activated its a deep shade of red.

● Weapon(s):
-Type-1 Energy Weapon/Sword he took from the Sangheili he killed in retribution for his fallen teammates.
-M739 Light Machine Gun
-M6G Personal Defense Weapon System(Magnum Pistol),
-3Fragrenades,
-7.9 in combat knife made of made of high carbon steel, an anti-flash non-reflective titanium carbide.

pj9b3FL.png

⌜PERSONAL⌟
●Personality: Indoctrinated into one of the most ruthless SPARTAN fire teams, Gray team, what was hell on Earth for many was more like a memorable jaunt for the young Mikael. It harnessed a killer instinct that was matched by few others of his peers. Many trained within this unit were exceptionally strong willed and individualistic; Gray team was trained for independent thought and action making them ideal for the execution and survival off operations deep behind enemy lines. But this didn't come without cost, however, as that independent thought made it hard for them to be integrated into other units.

Selected for their superior natural hunter heritage and keen instincts, they were honed like knives to be marvelous killers and this is no less true for Mikael. He is very much like a wild animal at times, stalking prey for days at a time. Without sleeping, without eating. Biding his time until he feels it is time to strike. Even other SPARTANS, even those in Grey Team have been caught flat-footed and off-guard. Without his armor on, he is as silent as the grave, with his armor, he might step a tad heavier, but he is nonetheless like a passing breeze you don't notice until its too late.

-Like many from Gray team, Mikael indulges in the barbarous act of "headhunting".

- Rarely, if ever speaks preferring to nod, gesture, or us the flashlights on his helmet as a form of Morse code.

Strengths: Close quarters combat, or CQC is Mickael's speciality. Anything to do with his bare hands or a knife and silent take downs he's your man. His knife work is second to none; able to flip blades like simple coins ad strike at tendons and other vital regions. The way he can vivisect an enemy and still keep it all alive is just plain scary. He's got sharp eyes and a keen intellect. His very nature screams covert operations and stealth.

Weakness: Being formally of a Gray Team fireteam who are notorious for not integrating well with anyone, even other SPARTANS, this proves true also for Mickael who can be highly uncooperative at times unless he's working with someone he respects. Nevertheless, he will still, at times, go off a pre-planned stratagy and operate as a lone wolf. He also tends to "hunt" enemies and collect trophies from his kills--most of the time, skulls. But has been knoted for wearing the helmet of a Lekgolo as a shoulder pauldron among other contraband.

History: Born on the planet of Arcadia, he would not witness its devastation at the hands of the Covenant and the Arbiter Ripa 'Moramee. He was abducted, as many children were, by Dr. Katherine Halsey and her team of scientists and ONI personnel. Replaced by clones that would die a short time later, he was indoctrinated into the program under harsh circumstances. Originally, Mikael was from Grey Team which had a standard for being extraordinarily harsh in the training methods of its recruits. They were formed into teams of the three most difficult to control during training. This subjected them to resistance training and propagating several attempts at escaping the training compound. Such training methods were costly; one pelican destroyed and numerous military personnel injured to varying degrees and it mad social integration near impossible. However, with the loss of his two squad mates due to enemy fire, and his disinterest in being involved with any other Grey Team Spartans, he was reassigned under 126's command which seems beneficial as he seems to respect 126.

⌜ABILITIES⌟
Skills:
Advanced Demolition Expertise
Marksmanship
Stealth and Espionage
Expert Hand-to-hand / Knife fighting
Survivalist
Tactician

4a2f771ccbeee041e0ab4a5276f0ee8f.jpg
pj9b3FL.png

[/bG]

Last edited:
I want Volkov and Vance to wrestle elites together, since they're both hulking masses of pure Spartan. It'd be awesome.

In that case, I'm reiterating what the others have said; no IIIs. All IIs.
Volkov is bigger tho >.>

Hahah they will take on the covenant with their bare fucking hands.

Volkov is bigger tho >.>

Hahah they will take on the covenant with their bare fucking hands.
The size difference between them is miniscule.

Time to share the love with the Covenant, Spartan style.

• Love
Reactions: ~\The Talentless/~
The size difference between them is miniscule.

Time to share the love with the Covenant, Spartan style.
Every inch counts lmao.

Also, the reason why Volkov doesn't have a visor, is because he has been known to headbutt enemies when close up, losing many visors in the past haha.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dipper
@Quail so I have a bit of a question, so technically even Spartan 2's have built in thrusters in halo cannon. Will that be the case for our Spartans as well?

@Quail

I'm so embarrassed right now....you're totally right! I was so tired last night, so I was a little on autopilot playing League and therefore kinda derped out pretty hard...ahhh I'm so embarrased!! >.< But, as the others have pointed out, I feel like Spartan-IIs are best fitted for all the things that will be occurring. And, I already read your CS and am very impressed by it, good job! I'll be adding your Spartan into the IC so be sure to check it out when you can!