4. Adept
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
@Crystallized_Light @ShatteredSkies

Premise

The players are a small team of Spartans that work deep inside enemy lines, a top secret team unknown to the UNSC, ONI, and perhaps even Dr. Halsey. They have a ship with enough supplies and weapons for many years, as they are a deep-cover team. They themselves are unsure of their origins, if not their mission.

The events of this RP take place during the covenant war, both before and after the fall of Reach, although if the players hear of it is not a given.

Combat Mechanics

During all direct combat scenarios and actions against the enemy will have overall structure from me but the details will be up to the players (i.e. I'll write something like "you can kill three guys, or two and strike at the mini boss" or the such, and allow the player to improvise how he kills them). If players would like to take some sort of direct action not offered, simply run it by me in I'll give you the possible results of that action.

Mooks (Untitled enemies) Are able to be killed to the number given. Titled enemies, {Elites ; Minibosses ; Bosses ;Megabosses} Are all enemies that you must post strikes for, rather than outright killing them. Your characters can also take wounds. Wounds will work with light, medium and heavy.

LIGHT- Doesn't really affect you. From minor paint scratches to shallow cuts and bullet grazes, stuff like that make a Light wound. You can take these in your combat post if you wish. May or may not make later wounds easier to take/more severe. When I give them to you, you must emote (write them out) them in your post, and they must fit the situation that gave you the wound
MEDIUM
- Affects your combat capabilities in some way. There are 3 terms I sometimes use. Given during my posts, and must be emoted in the same way as Lights.

Light-Medium
means that it isn't really bad. Perhaps crushed chest armor (makes chest more vulnerable)
Medium
is the base. From crushed armor to a severed limb, most anything goes. Middle of the road may be a cut leg muscle that makes you slower to move.
Medium-Heavy
Are bad. Severed limbs are the topmost example.

HEAVY-
Wounds that severely damage your character to the point that it hurts too much to move, or is just completely impossible. These are allocated and emoted by me, so you needn't worry about having to be fair with these.
Executions
can happen if you aren't rescued (either by all enemies around you getting killed or wrapped up in combat, someone dragging you to safety, or someone shielding you with their body.

Gambits
are high-risk, high-reward maneuvers that can turn the tide of battle if successful, or seriously hinder you is they don't work.
In addition, at the end of a combat post I ask that you write a results line, to expedite GM posts.
EXAMPLE: [5 Grunts Killed, Strike at Elite (Assault Rifle burst towards chest)

Character Sheet

Name: (Terrace 743)
Looks: (Under Armor)

Handle: (Longarm)
Role: (Sniper)
Personality:

Favored Loadout: (2 weapon limit)
Special Ability: (Speed, Strength, Vision, Etc.)

If you'd like to join, please post a Character in this thread.

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS, DO NOT HESITATE TO SHARE!

Last edited:
Are we using the original class of Spartan IIs, or Ackerson's Spartan III's, the real ones?

Are we using the original class of Spartan IIs, or Ackerson's Spartan III's, the real ones?
I had thought Spartan IIs, but I would be open to using Spartan IIIs, depending on the general consensus.

Last edited:
The S-IIIs aren't as suited for long term combat operations as an S-II, their conditioning is not the same, and the behavioral augmentations need constant doses of counteragents to keep them from going crazy.

My vote is for Spartan IIs, because lets face it, SPI armor sucks.

The S-IIIs aren't as suited for long term combat operations as an S-II, their conditioning is not the same, and the behavioral augmentations need constant doses of counteragents to keep them from going crazy.

My vote is for Spartan IIs, because lets face it, SPI armor sucks.
In that case, we'll go with my original vision of Spartan IIs. Thank you for the help with lore. :)

I've got most of the books, so I'm the lore guy.

I'll have my character up soon, need to decide what armor I want.

Name: Michael-042
Looks: Pale skin, short brown hair and dark blue eyes.
Armor: https://halo.bungie.net/stats/Halo3/PlayerModel.ashx?p1=0&p2=10&p3=5&p4=5&p5=4&p6=18&p7=1&p8=9
Handle: Reaper
Role: Team Leader?
Personality: Warm and friendly towards his fellow Spartans, but places the mission above his and their lives. Calculating and cold in combat, seeking to give no chance to the enemy. Non-Spartan personell find him heartless and machinelike
Favored Loadout: BR55 Battle Rifle, M6S Magnum.
Special Ability: Jump Pack

I also have a female Spartan if we need one.

Last edited:
Name: Light-161
Looks: Originally had long blonde hair with blued tips all around, however now it is cut short for combat and often bears little resemblance to how she looked in the past. Her real name is unclear, history as well, and all can be said hidden behind crystal orbs of a bluer hue. She has pale skin and a feminine form, making her armor more uniquely shaped than most, but this does not determine a distinguishable identity on the battlefield, it's the painted arm however, that does.
Handle: HELIOSKRILL
Role: Agile canon.
Personality: Light-161 can be very brash and moreover filled with an abundance of life. Despite her shortcomings in more generalized wisdom or logical reasoning, she hopes to one day die a glorious death for the UNSC. This being said, she puts her all into things, giving more thought and effort than most others, she's spunky and loud when she's free to be, and serious and stern when the situation calls for it.

Favored Loadout: Battle Rifle, Shotgun
Special Ability: Agility

@ShatteredSkies

Looks good! If no-one else has problems with it, I'd be fine with you as team lead. Also, would you mind sharing your armor generator site for the others if the wish to use it?

@Crystallized_Light

Also looks good!

To the both of you, how many people do you want before I begin?

Last edited:
@ShatteredSkies @Crystallized_Light

I have decided to give it a go without using my combat rules, and see how that goes. I may revert to using them if I feel it necessary, though.

Why can't you use your combat rules?

Wanted to drop this in here. This seems like a low-maintenance RP, and a great way to learn more. I'm not a veretan of the series, so may have questions about technology and some races [i've played the first, third, ODST, and Reach, and didn't like the online play, so don't have an overwhelming amount of knowledge.]

Name: Adam-095
Looks: He has a rectangular shaped head, thin, flat lips, a straight nose, and proportional down-turned brown eyes. He has the average height and athletic build of any other SPARTAN-II. Has buzzed black-brown hair that is slightly longer on top, and is clean shaven.
Handle: Breaker
Role: Stealth/ Mobile AT
Personality: Quick-witted, and a problem solver. Not overly emotional, but more technical and analytical. He is an extrovert by nature. He is a great mechanical engineer and is great at improvising in the field under duress. Has a low temper, and seems to not take anything seriously- always the hopeful optimist that 'everything will work out', and 'whatever happens was meant to be'.

Favored Loadout: M41 SSR MAV/AW and M7/Caseless SMG [detachable silencer]
Special Ability: Stealth

Status
Not open for further replies.