Halloween Traditions

A

Artsydaze

Original poster
I would be interested in hearing about any traditions you may have on Halloween. Do you get together with some friends and do a scary movie night? Get some pumpkins and show of carving them? Do tell!

Well, I've only ever Trick-or-Treated twice in my entire life. After that, my tradition became staying at home, watching scary movies, and stuffing my face with candy until my stomach started to ache. And then I ate some more.

Come to think of it, I haven't watched any horror flick that's come out in the last five(?) or so years. Guess I have something to watch this Halloween.

I should do that as well! It's been a while...

Pretty much every year up until now I've been Trick or Treating. But now I realize I'm getting kinda old for that. XD So this year I'm going to my first Halloween party. The theme is Skeletons Vs. Zombies. RAWR So excited!

Sounds fun, you may even cook up some relevant treats!

Halloween is the anniversary of the first time I met my hubby face to face. We dress up and go out for dinner and to the bookstore. Last year sorta failed due to timing and stores sucking. This year shall not.

That's a sweet tradition if I ever heard of one, Revi :3!

Where have you lived, Vay, if you don't mind me asking?

I usually have a Star Wars marathon (Dunno why, that's just what I do. Horror movies aren't my favorites in the world. More of a horror book fan.) and eat something delicious. I'm not a big fan of parties because I get anxious and exhausted, so I never have fun. >>; And, trick or treating isn't all that fun to me. I'm so timid that those displays that jump out at you puts me into defense mode, and then I cry because I got scared. XD; It's not fun to hang out with me, wow...

When my baby is old enough for Halloween though, traditions will change. It'll be a time of fawning over his costume and taking him to the mall or something to collect candies. :3 Somewhere that's warm and safe, unlike dark freezing neighborhoods.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u9bUbAnsDjA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As long as that's yours that's good too.

'Course it's me. How many other duster-wearing, weapons fetishists out there?