Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm interested in joining this rp if there's still room?
I was wondering if you would allow m character to be a halfling? I read through the info and I didn't really see anywhere that forbid it. But if it's not allowed I understand, I just wanted to ask before I made a CS. ^-^
i dont really speak for anyone but, is this that kind of roleplay?

Reactions: rissa
Sorry, I have another quick question while working on my CS. I was wondering how dark we were allowed to go, or if there is any no-goes to follow. Specifically: [spoili]I was thinking of having my characters mom be raped by a human and that is how he is conceived. It would kind of play into his lore and background and not just some arbitrary fact to make it edgierIf not I totally understand and respect everyone's wishes[/spoili]

Reactions: rissa
@alaska

I did it, my CS is up. Please be gentle if it isn't up to snuff. I can't emphasize enough how tender my sensibilities are.

It's probably not good enough though but I'm really proud that I tried.

I like the fisheye faceclaim!

The history is interesting with the first person. I suppose I didn't specifically say otherwise, so... Yeah, that one's on me. However, it does feel a bit superficial? Like, it's not too short or anything. I guess I'm just not used to people not having several significant events in their history, haha, but that's fine.

One issue I have with her deafness, unfortunately, is that realistically her usage would be very limited. Not every Agent speaks sign-language, realistically. I'll have to think on whether or not that is acceptable.

Her personality is not up to par though. It's not just too short in a quantitive way, it also has too little content.

Hi, I'm interested in joining this rp if there's still room?
I was wondering if you would allow my character to be a halfling? I read through the info and I didn't really see anywhere that forbid it. But if it's not allowed I understand, I just wanted to ask before I made a CS. ^-^

That's fine, yeah. We already have such a case in our roster.

Sorry, I have another quick question while working on my CS. I was wondering how dark we were allowed to go, or if there is any no-goes to follow. Specifically: [spoili]I was thinking of having my characters mom be raped by a human and that is how he is conceived. It would kind of play into his lore and background and not just some arbitrary fact to make it edgierIf not I totally understand and respect everyone's wishes[/spoili]

If you can treat the subject with respect and matureness, I allow those kinda themes as long as they aren't described graphically. Though I don't see a human ever violating a Witch like that, the Witch would be more than capable of defending herself, most likely. If at all, it'd probably happen the other way around.

I like the fisheye faceclaim!

The history is interesting with the first person. I suppose I didn't specifically say otherwise, so... Yeah, that one's on me. However, it does feel a bit superficial? Like, it's not too short or anything. I guess I'm just not used to people not having several significant events in their history, haha, but that's fine.

One issue I have with her deafness, unfortunately, is that realistically her usage would be very limited. Not every Agent speaks sign-language, realistically. I'll have to think on whether or not that is acceptable.

Her personality is not up to par though. It's not just too short in a quantitive way, it also has too little content.

all points understandable.

I'll start working on a rewrite for the history, and plotting some not-deaf plot candies.
additional info under the cut.
In terms of her deafness, that was a little half-baked, if I'm being honest. I was working on some neat Regalia ideas and it just kinda slipped into place, but looking back I'm fairly certain I can still implement the Regalia without her being deaf at all, so it's all gucci. I tend to write characters backwards from who they are, so it cn be a little chaotic.

if I'm being honest, I'm a cinematographer more than I am a writer, visual communication just comes easier to me. It's hard to tell sometimes if the things I write are inclusive of the things I know, if that makes sense.

but I know Eden as a character very well, her personality is doubtlessly formed, I just don't know what to add and what to leave out, but ill run some changes on that, too.

im long winded and I have no shame about it.

all of this on the understanding you'll still have me.

(i love FP thats so cool you've read it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Whew! Just posted my CS. Hope it's to your liking, I put a lot of work into it. If you want me to change anything let me know ^-^

@MiharuAya

I'm so sorry, I could've sworn I replied almost right away already. My bad!

As for your sheet, there's two things that stick out to me I would like to adress. The way the bio was written made it sound like his mother is a Witch? Maybe that's just me reading into it, but that would not be possible. A Witch would almost never peacefully live anywhere for decades, really, but what 100% certain, is that they would not properly immigrate into Helios. If she's human and the father's the Witch, then I would be semi-surprised to see him be a successful businessman, but it's certainly not impossible.

Another thing is the Regalia. While there are certainly peaceful Witches, they wouldn't really be perceived as such. There would always be a situation in which they would be hunted down. It sounds a bit like she was just randomly killed. Like, they are twins, which, to me, makes it sound like they were hunted down at once and turned into this Regalia. But then the one also devoted her life to protecting humans? How does that work in the context of them being polar opposites? It just seems a bit odd, and I would appreciate clarification.

Also one minor thing is him being good at using his Regalia. It's not really a big thing but since he's just about to receive it, he can't really be extraordinarily proficent. :P

If she's human and the father's the Witch, then I would be semi-surprised to see him be a successful businessman, but it's certainly not impossible.
Human females cannot successfully birth a Halfling. Accordingly, a Halfling's mother must be a Witch, while the father must be human
-blinks in confusion-

And yes, I know I'm not the person you were originally talking to, but this bugs me o.o

Well, yeah. xD But a Witch would never get raped by a human. They could literally overpower anyone who isn't an expert fighter, so it makes no sense either way, that's why it confused me. Like, a human mother doesn't work, a Witch as a rape victim doesn't make sense either.

@alaska

Thank you for letting me know your thoughts on my CS. If you'd still have me I can rework the points you mentioned and re-submit it.

One thing I'd like to discuss would be his family tree. I dis want the mother to be a witch and the father to be somewhat a successful person.(in any way really, it doesn't have to be in business.) Do you have any suggestions on how this could work with the background lore? My Idea to rework it involved the mother being caught by a member of A.R.M.A. And the only reason she was subdued what because they were using a regalia. Do you think this would fit better?

And I was thinking that the father could be some higher up member who is known to be strong. The reason that I want the dad to be somewhat known and reasonably powerful is that it would tie into Acheron's regalia, "The sons of Zeus". The rape would also tie into his archetype of bad vs evil, which is something he struggles with and is a big thing with his character.

Lastly, about the "good witch", would it work better if she didn't necessarily help human, but instead tried to live peacefully. But A.R.M.A tracked her down because they knew her sister as someone who attacked humans. And the sister just got caught up in it by association.

@alaska

Thank you for letting me know your thoughts on my CS. If you'd still have me I can rework the points you mentioned and re-submit it.

One thing I'd like to discuss would be his family tree. I dis want the mother to be a witch and the father to be somewhat a successful person.(in any way really, it doesn't have to be in business.) Do you have any suggestions on how this could work with the background lore? My Idea to rework it involved the mother being caught by a member of A.R.M.A. And the only reason she was subdued what because they were using a regalia. Do you think this would fit better?

And I was thinking that the father could be some higher up member who is known to be strong. The reason that I want the dad to be somewhat known and reasonably powerful is that it would tie into Acheron's regalia, "The sons of Zeus". The rape would also tie into his archetype of bad vs evil, which is something he struggles with and is a big thing with his character.

Lastly, about the "good witch", would it work better if she didn't necessarily help human, but instead tried to live peacefully. But A.R.M.A tracked her down because they knew her sister as someone who attacked humans. And the sister just got caught up in it by association.

Well, it'd have to be a situation in which the father had some sort of outside leverage over the mother. Even a meek Witch would almost always overpower a regular human (read: a non-trained fighter). Of the top of my head that would be something like blackmail or perhaps that he was an extremely accomplished athlete or something of that sort, something that would reasonably make him able to contest lowly Witch powers. I'm personally not comfortable with the subject matter to go into this further, I'm afraid.

As for the good Witch, yes, that'd work! It could even be someone who just wanted to leave a quiet life and not get on the radar and she just ended up getting sucked into this mess.

Well, it'd have to be a situation in which the father had some sort of outside leverage over the mother. Even a meek Witch would almost always overpower a regular human (read: a non-trained fighter). Of the top of my head that would be something like blackmail or perhaps that he was an extremely accomplished athlete or something of that sort, something that would reasonably make him able to contest lowly Witch powers. I'm personally not comfortable with the subject matter to go into this further, I'm afraid.

As for the good Witch, yes, that'd work! It could even be someone who just wanted to leave a quiet life and not get on the radar and she just ended up getting sucked into this mess.

Okay, Thank you for your advice. I'll start re-doing my CS then. ^-^

Hi! I just posted my revised CS. I hope you like it, I fixed the couple points that you pointed out. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.