Status
Not open for further replies.
That's alrighty, just wanted to make sure nobody who was possibly interested overlooked it.

Reactions: Starrnico
@No Universe

Hey, thank you for the interest! However, I am afraid we kind of have too many introverted, shy characters right now. There comes a point where it's just problematic and, logically, nobody would ever interact with one another. I'd really appreciate it if you could rework Reina to be more dynamic and accessible, then I'd be fine with making an exception with the age for her.

@No Universe

Hey, thank you for the interest! However, I am afraid we kind of have too many introverted, shy characters right now. There comes a point where it's just problematic and, logically, nobody would ever interact with one another. I'd really appreciate it if you could rework Reina to be more dynamic and accessible, then I'd be fine with making an exception with the age for her.

alright, i fixed her! thanks for letting me know. hopefully, this works better with the current dynamics!

@No Universe

I appreciate that you tried to change her, but I don't feel the rework was done in a bit of a rushed manner. Right now, to me, personally, it seems more patched over. I also am afraid writing styles may not fit in with the majority of the roleplays participants, which can be an issue, and I'd rather not take the risk. That's not a judgement on your writing skills at all, just a personal evaluation of general styles. As stated in the rules, if you'd like to rework her again, you have another spot, but as of now, I don't feel I can accept her quite as she is.

@Queen of Null

I don't think Anna's character sheet shows proper understanding of the roleplay's lore, for that reason I don't feel comfortable accepting the character.

Reactions: Ultra Paradox
@alaska

Alright, what should I change then?

Well... informing and reading up on the lore would be a good start, I reckon? One concrete example would be that you made a character that is listed as a native of Helios/New Japan, and is also the off-spring of a long line of ARMA graduates (and thus, also Japanese, at least partially), yet she doesn't speak Japanese very well? Unless you forgot to give her some sort of learning disability that peculiarly affects her native tongue over other languages, I don't see how that makes sense at all. There's other stuff, too.

@alaska

can i ask what you mean by my writing style not fitting in?

It's just my (very much so) subjective perception. After reading the rest of the cast's into posts and going over their sheets, I feel there's a bit of a gap between Reina's sheet and everyone else. You're free to revise and attempt to put out something that resembles the quality and style of everyone else's work if you'd like, it's just as of now, I don't think this roleplay is a good fit.

@alaska

it sounds like you're saying my writing style isn't advanced enough yet (which i'm not faulting you for, as there's always room to improve), so i guess i'll just drop out now. thank you!

@alaska

I've finished changing my sheet. I hope she's slightly better now or is there still something wrong?

@Queen of Null

So that's definitely better, but some things still confuse me? For example the sadism thing is kinda weird. There's nothing in her personality or history that otherwise suits it, and it kinda feels like it was just thrown in? Like, how come? How did she discover that, even? Sadism is far from a mundane trait, really.

I also don't really understand why she is apparently so strong? She looks pretty lithe and nimble, really. Like, how is she so strong?

There's also a direct contradiction, because it says she never shows her being understanding (which is kinda weird. Like, why would you want to hide that? But fair enough, that's your choice, and it's fine.) but then it says she can acts in a maternal way. Usually, a parent would be caring and understanding to those they care about/their children. So that feels like a direct contradiction.

I think if the current version was more polished I would definitely accept her, and it's a huge improvement, but it also seems scattered right now. I would suggest you take a bit of time and really think what you want her to be like, and accordingly clear up the sheet. If you'd like to rework her one more time, that is, if not, I understand that also.

@alaska

Sorry, my constant roleplaying in the fantasy genre affects the logicalness of my character sometimes. I tend to roleplay that a lot and when roleplaying fantasy, some logics are put aside. At least, in my experience. I'll gladly change that. As you said, it all seemed to be thrown in now that I've seen it clearly. I'll try my hardest to make her right.

As for the understanding part, I didn't mean to sound as if she purposely hid it. I wanted to say that people don't see that part of her because they only see her as childish but I guess I worded it wrong. Or maybe that still needs to be changed?

Should I only change her personality or do you recommend me changing everything. I really hope the third time's the charm. I also hope there isn't like a strike mark. Like, if I get three tries wrong, I'm out or something. I mean, I'd understand if there is but I hope there isn't. Anyway, I'm really sorry for troubling you so much.

@alaska

Sorry, my constant roleplaying in the fantasy genre affects the logicalness of my character sometimes. I tend to roleplay that a lot and when roleplaying fantasy, some logics are put aside. At least, in my experience. I'll gladly change that. As you said, it all seemed to be thrown in now that I've seen it clearly. I'll try my hardest to make her right.

As for the understanding part, I didn't mean to sound as if she purposely hid it. I wanted to say that people don't see that part of her because they only see her as childish but I guess I worded it wrong. Or maybe that still needs to be changed?

Should I only change her personality or do you recommend me changing everything. I really hope the third time's the charm. I also hope there isn't like a strike mark. Like, if I get three tries wrong, I'm out or something. I mean, I'd understand if there is but I hope there isn't. Anyway, I'm really sorry for troubling you so much.

Tzk tzk, someone didn't read the rules. :P *shakes fist* There IS a three strike system. However, I do believe you can definitely do it if you go over it properly. Whether you want to scrap everything or rework is up to you, I don't think she is terrible or anything, just needs kinks straightened out at the moment.

Haha, it seems I somehow missed that. I'm done with the editing. I know you said to take my time but due to reasons I can't be online till Saturday so this is my last post. I hope she's good not. If not well, I tried.

@alaska

As someone with a pretty firm ability* to write posts of required complexity for this roleplay, I am interested**.

I am, however, someone who hasn't actively roleplayed in a while, and I'm extremely daunted.

Can anyone pose some advice/encouragement while i write up my characters backstory to be less horrible?

I'm running into a pretty entry-level roadblock with my CS.

I've got my character herself extremely well navigated as far as who she is as an individual, but she doesn't actually have a backstory yet.

Anyone got tips for reverse-engineering an archetype to unearth a creative backstory?

[REDACTED]

Sorry, I had a small but intense depressive episode. still writing. :>

Last edited by a moderator:
@Queen of Null

I personally still have a few issues with the sheet, and I am afraid I don't feel comfortable approving her into the roleplay in her current form. You definitely could've taken your time (it's not like the roleplay's running away or is unavailable to others by then) but I respect your choice to try and reapply quickly. I'm sorry, but I'll have to reject the sheet. Thank you for your interest though!

@Romdeaux Uhhh... alrighty, well, uh... if you need anything, lemme know!

@alaska

I did it, my CS is up. Please be gentle if it isn't up to snuff. I can't emphasize enough how tender my sensibilities are.

It's probably not good enough though but I'm really proud that I tried.

Hi, I'm interested in joining this rp if there's still room?
I was wondering if you would allow my character to be a halfling? I read through the info and I didn't really see anywhere that forbid it. But if it's not allowed I understand, I just wanted to ask before I made a CS. ^-^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.