Half-Demon

Kieara smiled a bit listening to him explain. She rather thought the cabinets looked pretty. She liked the handiwork that went into something hand made. She listened to him talk and smiled before she spoke. "I will help if I can...." she didn't want to leave him to all the work. She would feel horrible if she did. She offered another smile as she twitched her ears silver strands falling into her eyes. She was used to it though.

Lucas nodded "Ok then!" Lucas noticed the strands of hair fall down in Kieara's face. He walked up to her and moved the hair out of her face, smiling as he did so. "For starters, would you want to get some butter out of the fridge for me?" Lucas pointed at the fridge. "It should be in the door, on the top left." Lucas went into the pantry and got some potatoes. He planned on making hash browns. "I'll need some eggs too, so if you don't mind grabbing those, I would appreciate it." Lucas grabbed a knife from the drawer and began peeling the potatoes over the garbage can.

Kieara smiled then paused her ears twitching and tilting on top of her head. She was dead still as she listened. Her eyes focused on the door into the kitchen. She continued to listen. And as her ears twitched she seemed to get more nervous. Her tail drooped again as the noise got closer. However, to Lucas, nothing would be heard. At least not yet.

Lucas would turn around and notice Kieara acting strange. "Is...is something wrong?" Lucas walked over to Kieara and tried to look at what she was looking at. He didn't see anything however. "What's going on?" Lucas frowned and scowled. He could tell by Kieara's reactions that something was amiss...

Kieara looked to him briefly. "Shhh." She spoke then listened more. Soon a light fluttering noise could be heard. It was almost like a buzzing. Sort of like when a dragon fly was flying. It wasn't long before a bright sphere appeared in the doorway. It was yellow, and if one looked closely enough, one could see a tiny human with dragonfly wings. A pixie. Kieara frowned. The pixie landed on the kitchen table the light dispersing showing a tiny man with clothes made from an odd, purple material. "Is this Kieara?" He asked. His voice was male, but very high pitched.

Lucas raised an eyebrow..."What is this!? Do...do i kill it!?" Lucas walked over to the table and looked at the pixi. He had no idea what was going on. "What do you want with Kieara?" Lucas said while glaring at the pixi. "And why are you in my home?" Lucas slammed his fist down on the table. He didn't like the looks of this...

Kieara jumped when his fist hit the table. The pixie stumbled and fell onto his butt. He spoke. "There's been a summons sent out for her at the palace." He spoke. "You're to report to the Obsidian City in Avalon." He said to Kieara. She frowned and backed up a bit. The pixie stood dusting his clothing off. Pixies were often used as messengers to retrieve people in Avalon because they were tiny, fast, and hard to catch.

Lucas frowned..."Do you...do you have to leave?" He was just getting used to having her around and now she had to leave...This wasn't what Lucas had imagined when thinking about when the two would have to part..."Do you want to go?" He asked in a sad tone. Lucas was feeling a lot of emotions at this time...He was quite sad, and he didn't really know what to think.

Kieara's ears drooped. She seemed not to hear him. "N-no...I won't go." She spoke. The pixie simply smirked. "Kieara, I order you to go to the capital." Her body trembled and she gasped as she lost control of herself and began out of Lucas's house and twords the portal she'd entered this realm from. She gave Lucas a pleading look as she was forced outside.

Lucas scowled..."Fine...we'll play that game...Kieara! I order you to stay here, with me! I also order you to never take orders from anyone else but me!" As much as Lucas wanted to leave himself out of the equation of giving orders to Kieara, he still needed to have that control in case anything happened...Lucas was following Kieara and threw his arms around her as he gave her orders.

Kieara was fighting against the orders. She was fighting against it so hard, that she fell limp in his arms when he gave her the order to stop. When he gave her the order to never take orders from anyone but him, the bell glowed slightly. She panted softly from the strain. The pixie growled. "Stupid human! Do you know what you've done! They'll have my head!"

Lucas smirked as he caught Kieara. "Good! Let them have your head! Now off with you!" Lucas would carry Kieara back inside and lay her down on the couch. His heart was racing, what had he just done? What was the pixi talking about...did he doom himself and kieara?? "Are you ok?" Lucas spoke in a soft voice. He was concerned more about Kieara at this moment. "They'll never take you...I promise...you deserve better than that place..." He said, holding her close to him in an embrace. ​"is...is everything ok?"

Kieara watched as the pixie buzzed off in a blur. She then looked up at Lucas finding his tone soothing, comforting. She curled into him as best as she could. "I-i'll be ok...." Her body was taking the toll of fighting the curse. Her muscles ached so much. She spoke. "That was a messenger from the capital of all of Avalon...I don't know what they want with me." She spoke.

Lucas looked at her tail. "I'm glad you'll be ok...what was that that happened to your bell, it...it glowed...is that normal?" Lucas held Kieara close while talking to her, he was afraid that he would lose her...and he didn't want her to be forced back into the life she ran from. He wanted better for her, even if it wasn't with him, he wanted her to have a better existence. She deserved it.

Kieara spoke weakly. "That means you're my new master." She spoke to him. She wasn't aware he cared so much for her. No one else seemed to. Why would he be any different? She didn't mind him holding her. She rather enjoyed it. She found comfort in it.

Lucas smiled. He didn't want to be called "master" though. "Master...don't call me master...Lucas will do just fine. Feel free to do as you please! I just want you to be happy." Lucas smiled at her. He could tell she was weakened, she probably needed food. "Lay here and rest, I'm going to fix us some breakfast!" Lucas ran to the kitchen and started cooking. The sizziling of bacon and eggs, along with hash browns could soon be heard from the living room. Lucas was even humming. He seemed very happy. Lucas hadn't been this happy in a long time. It was refreshing. After only a short bit, Lucas set a plate of food, along with orange juice and a fork, on the the table in front of Kieara. "Let's eat up!"​ Lucas smiled at her and began to eat a little bit of his food. He had hopped that the food was to Kieara's liking.

Whether Lucas knew it or not, in his simple words, she had to follow. It may not have been meant as such, but it was phrased as an order. She had to stay there and rest. Course she'd planned on doing that anyway. She looked up as he returned with food for her. IT smelled great but she'd never seen these things before. She tilted her head curiously. "What are these things?" She asked looking at the food on her plate as she lifted her fork to taste it.

Lucas, in between bites, pointed at each item on the plate "Well this is bacon, it is delicious. It comes from pigs. And this is a vegetable called a potato. It's just diced up and fried. And these are eggs! They come from chickens. I really like all this food, I hope it's ok to you. I mean, if you want something else, I can get it for you. You just need some food to keep your strength up." Lucas smiled and waited to see if Kieara liked any of the food.

Kieara listened to him. "Our eggs come from birds we call may-jays." She said with a smile. "I wonder if these taste the same?" She tried the food and smiled. "Mmmm this is so good!" She spoke. "I like the bacon best." She spoke to him as she nibbled on it. Her tail swayed contently and her ears remained erect listening to everything, but not in a scared fashion.

Lucas scratched his head. "Heh...may-jays. Sounds interesting..." Lucas sighed in relief when Kieara said the food was really good. "Ah, I'm glad you like it!" Lucas continued eating his food with Kieara. He didn't really have much to say while he was stuffing his face. He was quite hungry. "So...what do you do for fun?" Lucas asked after he scarfed his food down. The sun was well up by now, the house was well lit and comforting now.