Half Demon War Plot

The medical people were like the general. Arrogant, and not interested in the least in helping a half breed. They kept blowing him off as they brought in full blood soldiers and were helping them first. They kept telling William to give them a moment that they had more important cases even though some of the people they were taking in front of Kieara were even concious.

William looked at the team calmly "Fine you pompous jackasses. I will do it myself." he turned to the medical supplies and brought the generic items and some high dose painkillers. He took some soap and water and cleaned her up. He injected a certain amount of painkillers into her, just a bit because he didn't actually know how her body would react or how much it would handle. He didn't really know anything about medical application but he knew a bit about first aid. He use what little skills he had to patch her up the best he could.

A tiny woman came over. "I am sorry sonny, I was in an operation....Let me help you. These people don't care for the life of another." She said to him and helped him with Kieara making sure he got the first aid right. She then began to check her for problems with magic. She didn't find any and spoke. "Take her to her barracks. She needs to be under surveillence though." She said to the boy.

William nodded at the tiny woman. "I will make sure that she is taken care of." William picked up the half-demon and took her to her barracks. When he got there he put her down on what he assumed was her bunk and then sat down next to her. "You will be ok." He comforted her stroking his hand through her hair. "Oh Kieara, how can they treat you and your kind like so?"

Kieara was slowly beginning to come to. She opened her eyes as far as she could which was half way. She felt soothed by the gentle touch and spoke softly as her eyes tried to focus. "Wil-liam?" she stammered.

William looked at her with concern in his eyes, "How are you feeling? You were hurt in a battle and were made unconscious. You were beaten up pretty badly but some woman and I gave you medical help. She instructed that you be watched should anything else occur. Tell what is this war about anyway?"

Kieara curled up close to him even though it hurt and she was in no shape to do so. She wasn't in the best mental condition either. Tears fell down ehr cheeks as she recalled what had happened on the battlefeild today. She wasn't made for war. Kieara couldn't kill, much less defend herself.

"Hey, hey its ok. I am here now. no one can hurt you. What happened out there? What is this war all about?" William said trying to comfort but at the same gather all the info that he can.

Kieara continued to sob into him. She mumbled softly as she shook. "I-I don't w-wanna go back I-I don't want to I want to go h-home...." She spoke to him as she cried. "Th-the war's against t-the demons."

William didn't understand why they were fighting demons, he had to figure out, "I want you to come with me for just a bit we have to go talk to the head of this campaign." He help her up and they walked out of the barracks. He went to the closet commanding officer that he could find, "Excuse me I need to talk to talk to the council that sent us here, or at least a well informed general, preferably the council."

The officer looked at him and glared at Kieara. "What do you want to know? I can tell you a lot." He spoke. He didn't appear to like Kieara very much. He waited impatiently and when no one spoke again he did. "Well?" Kieara limped along with him barely able to stand up. He looked to her. "Half-demon, make yourself useful and get us something to drink."

"No," William commanded, "Kieara stay here." He looked around and saw a non-half demon getting himself a drink, "Hey buddy get the commander here a drink." He turned to the officer, "Tell me why we are fighting this war and why the demons?"

He glared. "Watch yourself boy, being a human we've given you a break, but you're pushing your luck. When an officer gives you, or your friend here an order, you follow without question, do I make myself clear?" He spoke to them.

William looked back at the officer calmly unaffected by the command, "No sir you do not make yourself clear for the very fact that you still have not given me an answer to why we are risking our lives for your people. Nor have you given any reason to why we are fighting demons. And this girl here is not just my friend but she is my ward and I will do my duty to protect her at all costs. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR, SIR?" William spoke each word of the last statement/question clearly and hard, "And why should you give me any break because I am human. Why am I allowed to act as I do if you all hate it so much?"

The officer was fuming by now. He was red in the face gritting his teeth. "Because you humans know not of our world, you humans have little defense against our superior strength." He spoke to him. "And you're going to pay for that. I want you around the training grounds NOW SOLDIER!" He spoke again. "You're lucky I don't behead the half-demon right now! She's of their blood! WE're fighting them because they're trying to turn our world into a dictatorship!"

William smiled and laughed, "Superior strength? From what I have seen all you have on your side is magic. We have long range weaponry. Has it been a few thousand years since you have been to the human realm?" he began to walk to the training grounds, "And with this dictatorship would they treat half-demons just as bad as you guys do?" he continued walking and then suddenly he turned towards a soldier that was walking with a drink in hand. And then BANG! the cup went flying through the air with one big hole in the cup. "That is the power we have now, sir."

The general growled in detest. He rose a hand towards William and the ground rumbled shooting a wave of fire between him and the training grounds stopping him and making him listen. "You may have long range weaponry but I have raw power. Any fool can shoot masses of lead into another, but only a few can play a game of chess on the battlefield." By now Kieara was shaking in fear of the show. She didn't know what to do.

William laughed, "What do you think I do when I am fighting huh? And by the way you idiots just taught a crude form of magic to a human who is quite intelligent and can take that knowledge back to the humans to research and perfect and possibly make even better. What do you thin of that?" William would never show that he became scared of the fire once it rose out of the ground but it was till all new to him. The fire was hot and almost burned his hair. "Now would you rather I train or would you rather I go and try to win this war?" He regained his composer and turned to the officer with a look of dead seriousness.

The general spoke again. "Should you do that, we have long time masters of it, and you only know a very basic form of magic. It's very rarely considered to be lethal." He told him. "Should you do that, we could destroy your entire realm in the blink of an eye, and if you have any sense about you, you'll listen to your commanding officers." He spoke to him. He could sense William's fear, and he wasn't about to let that control over him go.

William chuckled, "Humans having sense? Me having sense? When have you ever known any innovator to have any common sense? Now unless you have anything new to teach me or give me, I have a transport waiting for me to stow away on." William began to calmly walk to the transport bay.