Half Demon War Plot

Kieara frowned. "William! No! You don't know what you're doing!" She frantically squeaked as the bell glowed. She was then forced to move behind him. She frowned and was shaking out of fear and worry. The warlock growled at him. "Insolent human! How dare you speak out against us!" He said. "There is a method to our madness child." A vampire spoke. Her voice was a lot calmer, yet more dangerous sounding. "No matter, she's still been drafted." An elf said.

William knew he couldn't actually win against this council, but he could do at least one thing to keep Kieara safe, "Fine then you pompous oafs, I am drafted too. Now where is the armory?" William began to walk out of the room, "Come on Kieara lets get this war over with so we can go home."

There was a hum of whispers that rose among the council. They were shocked to see a human, much less have one volunteer for the army. Kieara was baffled. She didn't know what to think. The bell glowed again and she was forced to follow him out. "T-the army building is this way." She spoke to him finally finding her voice and she began to lead him.

"So is there any training that need be done before we hit the ranks of the military?" William ask Kieara when the army building. It was a nice building if only a little dirty. "And what weapons are available and necessary?"

"Well, I don't know, this is all new to me." she told him. As she stepped in she was isntantly glared at. The secretary spoke. "They sent us another one Major!" A gruff looking man stepped in. "Oh, more scum. Joy." He seemed to detest her. HEr ears drooped. "Come on, lets get you uniformed and into a barracks." He said going through the door again.

William put his hand on her shoulder, "Like I said before, it's all going to be alright." He then grabbed her hand to comfort her and squeezed to let her know her was with her all the way. He began to follow into the other room.

Kieara sighed as she went. She was fingerprinted and such then taken to be checked up to make sure she was healthy. The same happened to william. "a human huh? been awhile since we had one come through." The nurse spoke.

William smirk, "You know gotta do my duty to the people human or not. Gotta protect those how can't protect themselves from tyranny." William made sure that the inflection of his statement was negatively directed at the nurse and her society and positively directed at Kieara and her species. "Everything healthy for ya?" William asked the nurse.

The nurse frowned. "Watch your tounge." She snapped at him as she finished. "You're free to go, pick up your uniform and report to the Major to figure out what barracks you'll be in." She spoke to him. Kieara had already gotten hers and reported. They gave the half demons old worn out uniforms. William recieved a brand new one.

"Kieara, hand me your uniform and here is mine for you to use." He wished that he could help all the half-demons here but for right now he would have to help the one that he could. He decided that she would get the best of everything, no matter that if it made him take less of anything. He continued to the barracks that he was assigned to.

Kieara was confused. She didn't know why he'd given ehr his uniform. She took it anyway though. She dressed in it and then followed to be split into barracks. The hat sat uncomfortably on her ears and her tail felt constricted with the slip of material they'd gave her to put on her tail. She sighed as they were numbered off. Kieara was put into barracks number 23 and him barracks number 2.

William walked to barracks number two, dreading that he was not able to watch over Kiears but hopefully he had given her enough confidence to stand up for herself should the situation warrant it. When he got to the barracks he found an empty locker and threw his uniform into hit. He had better protection with his bullet proof suite and armored coat than with that thing on. He lay on a bed and waited for the action to begin.

Kieara walked into her barracks as well being placed with a bunch of other half breeds. They were going on the front lines. She was terrified. Especially since she had to take any order. She lay on her bed and tried to rest. She couldn't though. Her eyes stared through the dark up at the ceiling. Or more so the bunk above her. She sighed softly twitching her ears.

William stared at the bunk above him for a few minutes and then he began to feel his eyes grow heavy. They grew heavier and heavier until finally he was asleep. He drifted into dreams of the past again. but htis time her was calm through them. And there he slept until the next day.

The next day the general lined them up seperatnig the barracks into two groups. Kieara ended up on one side, William on the other. Kieara frowned not wanting to be seperated. "You! You're group has been called to the front lines! Move out!" It was Kieara's group. Most were half breeds. She was terrified as her bell glowed and she was forced to take the order. He turned to the other group. "As for you, get to training grounds C."

William didn't like the idea of being separated from kieara but he had already done to much that would be considered insubordination. He did what he was told and followed the group to the training area. He would meet up with her later, neither her or him could die before that happened.

The day rolled on with no report from the other group. The sun was beginning to set on the army base when the other group rolled in bloody and maimed. There were some who appeared not to even have an injury that was worse than the ones who did have visible injury due to wizards. Kieara wasn't yet seen within the group.

The day was hot and dry. Not one bit of moisture in the air. The training was long and difficult. William was sweating more than when he did basic training back in the human realm. I didn't help that he was still in his suite and coat.

They had not only trained him to be physically fit, but for how to scout out people, and how to camoflauge. They also taught him a bit of magic that humans could use through runes. The people stopped training looking to the half breeds that managed to limp back though over half of them were gone. They came in at the rear packing two or three, then they heard it. The distinct jingle of Kieara's bell dragging the ground. She never let it do that. She was unconcious, bloody from head to toe and completely limp in the other's arms. HEr fur was matted with blood.

William ran to her and those that were carrying her. "KIEARA!" He got to her side and picked her up, grabbing her tail and wrapping it around her in the process. "You are going to be ok, I will make sure of that." He took her to the medical tent and laid her down on a bunk. "Can some one tell me what her problem and condition is?"