Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Adventure, Fantasy, Magic, Medieval/Low-Tech, Mystery, Post-Apocalyptic, Slice of Life, and Supernatural.
I'm curious about what all of you do when you go in for haircuts.

For me, I just say something to the effect of, "this length up top, above my ears and eyebrows, short in the back," and so on. But in some places I've been to, people have 'numbers' for different hairstyles, or, gasp, even NAMES.

So how about you all?

Usually the only cuts I get are to get my ends trimmed, but just recently I cut my hair short in a blunt cut and it keeps. Growing. Back >:C So whenever I do go to the shop, I ask for it to be returned to chin-length. No other special requests.

Reactions: Vii
I still haven't figured out how to explain what I want. Usually I do my best describing it as a: "Something I only need to comb."

The last time I did that they failed in such a way that I walked out with 'careful' instructions on how to look best with said haircut.

Since Covid hit my mom cuts my hair whenever I visit my parents. With her I don't communicate, she just chops and they have been the best cuts I have ever had. She taught me a little as well, so that I can maintain my bangs at least.

I'm that person who sits in the chair with a picture but defers to the stylist and says "do whatever you want!" Even if it's ugly, it'll grow back and I have hats, lol. I recently chopped my hair off but it's grown back some, so it needs a trim. I'll probably never have long hair again.

Four. All of it.

Really I should just shave my head. Thanks to genetics most of the top of my head is gone and it's not coming back. I'm just too lazy to learn a new care routine.

• Sympathy & Compassion
I've been getting the same haircut for the past ten years. I like dyeing my hair different colours (purple, pink, red, blonde, you know, the whole shebang) but the style itself is always the same: shoulder length, thinned out, no bangs, no layers. My hair is crazy curly/wavy so if it's any shorter than shoulder length it grows a mind of it's own.

I have the top of my hair down to the base of my neck, but everything else is shaved. I ask my barber to give me a shape-up (square my hairline), buzz my sides and back down to a 1 (the smallest plastic spacer for the clippers), and to just even out the rest. like feeling funky fresh but still be able to put my hair in a ponytail (the lack of neck sweat is incredible).

Right now I'm letting my natural hair grow out. I dyed it platinum blonde a few years ago (when I thought I was Khaleessi) and have spent the past few years undoing all that damage. My hair is happy and healthy now. It's in layers right now and finally did the last cut this summer to remove the final piece of blonde. Any new cuts will be to further even out my hair and trim the ends. working on length.