Hail to the King!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cheesecake

Original poster
The basic surmise of the story is that it takes place in the kingdom of Sabar. It will be fairly realistic and has a feudal system. There is no magic, monsters, giants, elves, etc. Nowadays that is. They might have been on this world many ages ago, but now they only remain in tales spun by grandmothers and jesters. All roleplaying will take place in Sabar and the waters around it, but you can play as foreigners from strange, faraway islands or deserts.

Sabar is a hilly place. There are hills everywhere. Flat land is a valuable commodity in Sabar. The weather is usually windy, having a few bright, hot days during the months of Summer. It snows only in the northern areas of Sabar, and in some of the higher mountains. Storms are known to happen, but they aren't very troublesome. The general produce of Sabar is the famed Sabarian oak. It's a big tree, with plenty of lumber, and it's very sturdy. The commoners also grow lettuce and corn, as well as raising pigs and fowl.

That's basically the area where the roleplay will take place in. You can play as anything you want! A noble lord, maintaining his lands. A knight sworn to a lord (which can even be another player!). A farmer. A beggar. A foreign pirate taking a break. Just no wizards (unless you're a conman tricking the masses). Assassins/rogues/mercenaries are fine as well, but no superhumans. Just because you're an assassin doesn't mean you can hit an eagle with an arrow a hundred feet away.

One player (or multiple players) will play the royal family. I don't mind what their names are or what they look like. That's up to you. The castle you live in is Oakwell Citadel, an ancient castle built upon the Ivory Wall, a cliff face on the Tusk mountain. Any other place in the kingdom is available for any player to change, as long as it doesn't cause conflicts with other players and is realistic.

There is no set goal in the roleplay. If you are a lord, you can conspire to overthrow the king. If you are a thief, you can aspire to rob the richest merchant in Sabar. Your goals can overlap another players (and I encourage it!) so you can become allies or go to war with each other.

If you're interested, tell me! I won't play as a single character, and will mostly control the kingdom, NPCs, or events that happen. This will be the first RP I start, by the way :) If you have any questions ask away!

Status
Not open for further replies.