Hackers

Status
Not open for further replies.
"What about me?" Nicolas asked. "Look we're in this thing together. You're obviously just as good with computers as I am. The way I see it if we pull our resources together we can clear our names and put this all behind us." He held out his hand to the girl, looking her in the eyes. "Deal?"

Bronte smirks, slipping out her phone and texting the man in the taxi. "I know where you are. I know where you're going. Good luck."

The man looked at his phone as it beeped. Getting on, he smirked as he saw the text. "Too late for that, I'm afriad." He texted back, putting the phone back in his pocket.

Bronte sighs as she reads the text, standing up and double checking that the windows are locked before responding with Watch your back.

The man didn't bother to reply, instead just turned off his phone.

Heidi jumped at the sound of a man's voice. She opened her eyes and clutched her bag, at first expecting someone to rob her. She always had to assume the worst. Looking up, she realized the voice belonged to someone in her complex. He looked familiar, yet she had never really said much to him. She hadn't said much to anyone in the building, for that matter. Small talk was not her strong suit.

Still gripping the bag, she replied, "Oh, yeah." She looked behind her towards the cars. A few of them had their lights turned off, but she could still see a couple of flashing red and blue lights. She turned back around. "Yeah, I'm just waiting for those guys over there to clear out." She decided she'd pretend to know nothing about the reason why they were there--The Shadow. For all she knew, this guy could be an undercover agent or something. He could lock her up for even the slightest mishap. "Do you know why they're over there?"

"Deal. But if you, or anyone with a relation to you blows our cover, you're gone. Got it?"
In a few moments, the Ardue sisters were up, dressed, and ready to head out, backpacks slung across the girls' shoulders. Elina shivered, scooting closer to me as Keith pulled up just in time, sirens wailing in the distance. My sister and I climbed into the backseat, leaving Nick to take shotgun as Keith's foot slammed the accelerator and just disappeared from sight as the all too familiar white police cars surrounded the apartment.
"Thanks dude, I owe you. But nothing unreasonable, I have a gun."

Nick didn't know who was driving but he honestly didn't care. This made two times in one day he was almost arrested for a crime he didn't commit. He breathed a sigh of relief and opened up his laptop to the list of people being arrested this evening. Before he got to work he set up a signal net. Bouncing it off multiple servers around the globe and so if someone was tracking them they couldn't get their location. Alright, who are you people?

"Nick. Nickkkk. We're here. Come on..."
Nick was hunched over his laptop, the LED screen glowing softly, as I poked him repeatedly. "I need to introduce you to my cousin and his friends." I waited for the man to quit typing and start walking, my stomach heavily growling. "I don't know about you, but I'm starving. I'm eating pizza with everyone else."

Nick could faintly hear someone yelling at him, but he didn't care. He had pulled up background on two of the names on the list. Heidi Greer was a coding expert, and an excellent programmer. The genius behind a few cyber security measures that Nicolas found very exceptional. She couldn't be a member of shadow could she. She had no criminal record except for some teenage mischief a few years back but anyone tech savvy had broken the rules when they were that age. The second person was named "Caydan Smith". The head of IT at a big business specializing in some kind of aeronautics. Everyone on this list is an expert at computers...
"Pizza" he heard. Immediately his head came up to look at his new friend. "Alright," he muttered, stepping out of the car even though he had no idea what he was agreeing to.

The man slept, oblivious to the rocket headed towards the front of the taxi. An explosion rocked the taxi as something exploded in front of it. The man woke up with a start. "Shit!" He said, unbuckling and running out. He heard cracks behind him as plooms of asphalt and crocket were kicked up behind him. He felt something hit his shoulder before he ducked into a side alley. Clutching his bleeding shoulder, he ran through the back alleys before emerging in the suburbs. Stumbling forward, he collapsed on a random yard.

"No ma'am I never actually found out what was going on over there. But I think They are looking for someone"
Cayden looked very closely at her and thought that she was very nervous and wanted to figure out if he could find some ways to make her talk. He sits next to her on the bench and continues to talk and see if he can get a reaction out of her "I actually think it has something to do with that infamous group shadow. I'm sure you have heard of them right?" Cayden looks at her very close and intently trying to see if she gives off any tells that might get him some answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
"The Shadow?" Heidi tried to appear clueless. She absentmindedly flipped her hair behind her and glanced in the opposite direction. She crossed her arms and legs, which made her look much more defensive than she realized. "They have to do with computers, right?" Heidi hated having to sound so simpleminded, but she hated the thought of being involved with The Shadow even more. "I--I don't know a lot about them, really. I'm not really a 'computer gal'."

Cayden watched her. Her defensive position made it seem like she had some something to hide but it didn't seem like she was with shadow he would have expected something more aggressive or evasive her reaction wasn't something that made him truly concern her. But at the same time he didn't believe a woman like her was so simple he was certain she was trying to hide something but he had to figure out what.
"Yes ma'am actually they are a sort of super hackers they hacked into a very powerful bank recently it was all over the news immature you must have heard of that?
Cayden watched her he knew she wasn't telling him the truth so he had to choose his words carefully he had to find it out and make sure he didn't seem to threating at the same time.
"Oh and please excuse me. I'm Cayden by the way. What is your name?"

Status
Not open for further replies.