Hackers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicolas:
"Who is this?" he asked, but the altered voice had already hung up. 221 Baker Street.. (the address of Sherlock Holmes xD ) he knew the general location well. It was just a few blocks over from his apartment, making him immediately nervous. The place had to be crawling with cops hoping he'd come back. Then again what choice did he have? He walked back, keeping to side streets and alleyways. It was ten at night when he reached the place. It was an apartment block similar to his own. He followed the directory and it turned out there was someone named "Elina" living in room 221. He stepped up the stairs and knocked on the door. Hoping whoever was on the other side had answers to what was going on.

Hanging up, the man put in another number. "Elina, you'll have a visitor soon. Somebody accused of being with the Shadow. Please let him stay." The man put the phone on his desk, still in the call. A moment later, a bunch of noise came out, before someone hung up.

Bronte huddles in a corner, tapping on her phone, dark hair pulled into a beanie. Why couldn't she find a disguise her, and more importantly, why did she get into this business anyway?

She's a female, and a newbie, so of course, no one takes her seriously. (Though she knows in her heart she is capable of that and more of some of her colleagues.) But she did get a first task, and that's what she needs to succeed at.

//guis
Elina is my char's little sister
Vienna is my character. but Elina calls her Vivi instead//
// this is
aph_female_russia_for_iclouddy_by_atrociious-d5w10oj.png
//

Elina soon falls asleep from the constant stroking of comfort of my hand on her head, the cute, blonde, 11 year old's head falling back on her pillow. I stretched, the platinum blonde hair falling out of my vision, with me assuming it fell behind my ear. Shuffling out of the room in bare feet, I closed the door, the glow of my phone lighting up the dark. Reaching a pale hand out, my fingers curling around the edges of the device, picking up.
"Hello? Vienna her-"
"Vienna, you'll have a visitor soon. Somebody accused of being with the Shadow. Please let him stay."
"You have to be kid-" I began, the phone call only leading to an interruption,then a burst of static, closing with the noise you get with a hangup.
And soon enough, there was a quick, hard knock on the repainted door to my apartment.
Damnit... I have no choice then.
"
Yeah. I got a call. Don't explain. Talking extensively at this time of night will attract more attention than the police troop, there. You, sir, may sleep in the guest room. And if you get me, or my little sister in trouble, the door's over there."

Nicolas:
Nicolas stood in the doorway, a bit surprised. "You got a call too?"

"Yes... But I'm just a lowly freelance hacker. We can talk in the guest bedroom."
I turned, heading to the thick walled room, silently as not to wake up not only my little sister whom was dozing away the required 8 hours of sleep. Leading the stranger into the white walled room, I offered him a place on the bed, sat down and faced the mysterious man head on.
"So, seeing as we just received messages from a mysterious anon, and you showed up, at my freaking apartment. I don't want to have to refer to you as, "Mr. Man who walked into my house one day", or be refered to as "Miss who let me inside her home without question", so we could at least start with names. I'm Vienna, and my little sister's name is Elina. What's yours?"

"Nicolas. Everyone just calls me Nick," he muttered, following her into the room. "Are you.. are you with shadow?"

"Of course not. Why would I? Those pieces of scum stole everything in my parents' will. I'm just a lowly freelance hacker."
I looked out the window, azure eyes glittering like an ocean.
(Short, but I don't have time to type something long)

"Well neither am I," he sighed, "which is why this came as a surprise." He opened his laptop, the online wanted poster calling for his head, plastered on the screen. He placed it on the bed and turned it to face her.

The man sat there in silence for a moment before grabbing the phone again. Putting in the number again, he pressed call. "I know I shouldn't have put someone on you without warning, but he needed shelter. A few words of advice. The Shadow are everywhere. Trust no one. Never forget to lock your windows and doors. And last, always have a weapon." He hung up.

"Hang on, phone keeps ringing, unknown number like the one that told me about you... Hello?"
"I know I shouldn't have put someone on you without warning, but he needed shelter. A few words of advice. The Shadow are everywhere. Trust no one. Never forget to lock your windows and doors. And last, always have a weapon."
"I don't even know who yo-"
Once again, the familiar BZZZZT of a hung up line.
"Damnit..."
"So Nicholas, was it? We have to think of an alias and disguise, or you'll get caught immediately."

Nicolas:
The girl's phone rang. He was going to pay attention to the call but an alert on his laptop started blinking. He opened the file quickly and bit his lip at what came up.
"So Nicholas, was it? We have to think of an alias and disguise, or you'll get caught immediately."
"Not just for me," he said quickly. "Police just issued four new arrest orders wanted in connection with the BOK hack.
Heidi Greer, Bronte Jalisi, Cayden Smith, and Vienna Ardue. They must've tracked me down first given my record but in less than ten minutes these people's doors are going to be broken down."

Bronte's head shoots up and she stuffs her cell in her pocket, running up and locking her door before applying heavy make-up, attempting to disguise herself before people arrive. "Oh, God, they're coming... I should've known... This is a trap, of course..."

The man shook his head, before shouting outside his door caught his attention. "Shit." He cursed. Grabbing a prepacked bag, he got his phone and out towards the fire near his window. "Gotta go!" He told himself as someone banged on the door. He hurried down the ladder, taking off down the alleyway.

Attempting to control her breathing, the new recruit backed up to the window, closing the blinds and locking them before settling on a corner chair, staring at the time on her watch, eyes flickering towards the door every few seconds.

After Cayden had say learning nothing interesting was going on. He decided to close off his internet and leave his apartment.
He sits and listens to only learn that the cops are still looking with no luck of the guy.
" Hmm clearly this guy had the upper hand" he thought to himself
"He must have known. I wonder how could he know the police were coming. And He ran so he clearly has something to hide. If he is with shadow I have to find out who it was and also take him down. But where do I start?" Cayden leaves the apartment and the complex through the lobby. He knows his search won't be easy. But he will get all the answers he needs as long as he continues it.

Heidi found a nearby bench to sit at, far away enough that any officers wouldn't think about coming over here to investigate. She could still see the flashing red and blue lights of the police cars in the distance behind her.

She turned her head forward. What was she supposed to do while the policemen were still there? She looked at her bag, the strap still secured around her shoulder. She could use her laptop. There was internet connection available from a nearby restaurant she could use. But she didn't want to take it out, not wanting to be bombarded with more Shadow news.

She leaned her head back and closed her eyes. Maybe this was all a dream. She could just fall asleep and then wake up the next morning and everything would be back to normal.

As Cayden continues his walk he goes around looking for some signs. He doubts he will find anything of use. He continues to walk down then he sees this woman on a nearby bench. (Heidi) at first he was just going to pass her by. But then he recognized her as someone from the same building as him.
There was no real reason to get suspicious of her but Cayden couldn't let his guard down. Anyone could belong to shadow and he had to start somewhere so he walks up to her and pleasantly says "Good evening ma'am if I recall don't you stay at the apartment complex just a few blocks over there?" he says as he points to the area flashing red and blue lights. He wants answers but remains calm until he has a reason to be suspicious.

"Seriously? I don't even have enough time to pack my stuff, and my sister's things."
I slipped out of the guest room, dialing a number into my phone.
"Yeah, Keith, I need a favor. Remember that famous bank hack? Yeah, turns out I left a proxy server open. Can my sis, and a friend of mine crash with you?"
"Yeah sure, my folks'll understand."
"Great. Thanks." I took the phone off my ear, shoving into my jacket pocket.
"We have a place to stay. Now I'm going to wake up Elina, shove our valuables into a bag, and run."

The man sat on the bench, breathing hard. "Goddamn snitches. Who the fuck gave me away this time?" Getting up, the man signalled for a taxi.

"Where do ya wanna go?" The driver asked.

"The suburbs please." The man said as he leaned back in the chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.