Kanari +The Phoenix of Norindul+
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
12pm - 4pm, 10pm - 12am EST Monday - Friday (Not always able to RP on the weekends, but reachable if needed)
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. Agender
  6. Primarily Nonbinary
Genres
Anything except realistic stuff.
I found this app (that can also be used on PC) called Habitica. It turns your life into a game and I'm happy because I searched for it here and found this by @Minibit

my friend introduced me to this app (HavitRPG on androids, Habitica on iPhone) and it's amazing. It's the first 'get your life together' app I've tried that functions as its own motivation!

You enter in your habits (good and bad), daily goals, and to-do list, and for each thing you check off, you gain gold and experience. For each negative thing you check and daily goal you skip, you lose health and gold.

Why do you need XP, gold, and health? Why, to level up and unlock new armour, weapons, pets and mounts, which you'll need to buy so that you can defeat the monsters in your quests!

The game is styled like an 8-bit RPG and is more widely varied than I expected! You can buddy up with friends or play solo, unlock new quests at level 11 and choose a job class at level 10

I like to imagine my Habitica avatar as a sort of alter ego. IRL minibit does boring things like brushing and flossing her teeth twice a day so Habitica Minibit can kick ass! I set my 'day end' time, when your actions for the day are tallied, for when I'm almost definitely asleep, so it's like Habitica Minibit wakes up when IRL Minibit goes to sleep ❤️

Does anyone else here use this marvellous creation?
Not only can you use this for chores and work, but you can also use it for roleplaying. It helps me post, close chapters in rps I GM, to take care of events and whatnot. Its a motivator, and an exciting one at that!

Who else plays this?

......I need to check this out. Organizing my life is like the hardest thing for me to do (....I have a bad habit of doing my play things instead of my adult things, lol). If I can make a game out of it, then my adult things will be my play things and I might actually get shit done on time!

• Love
Reactions: Sinopa
......I need to check this out. Organizing my life is like the hardest thing for me to do (....I have a bad habit of doing my play things instead of my adult things, lol). If I can make a game out of it, then my adult things will be my play things and I might actually get shit done on time!
It's great! I'm even doing my much needed housework that I've been slacking on lately! XD

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Ah yeah, when this came out a few years back as Habit RPG, I tried to get into it. At the time it didn't have as many features as it does now, but ultimately I found making to do lists for myself was more productive than trying to do an RPG out of that stuff.

I know it helps a lot of people though, so good luck to you and I hope it works out.

• Thank You
Reactions: Sinopa
I've used it for over a year. It's great for reminding me of taking my meds, and to keep me sticking to a basic routine when depression hits hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.