Gwazi is starting to break Iwaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this thread was about Gwazi breaking the internet > _ >

I thought this thread was about Gwazi breaking the internet > _ >
It was. Then I became Donald Trump.

In which case politics was unavoidable.

It's part of the reason I was so confused at first to hear Bernie wasn't winning. Looking at online opinions and seeing him dominant them...
Forgetting the fact those online polls are global, and not restricted to just the voting population. XD
I thought it was more due to the fact that these "online opinions" are coming from websites like these, which have a strong liberal leaning, and in which, even if you only look at the American members here, we are not a good representation of the country as a whole.

A lot of the people who will be voting are much older, conservative, and just not the type of people who would be part of the same "internet culture" as us. Bernie has a huge online following, yes, but, just what percentage of the American population do these American online supporters represent? Not a ton, I'm betting.

I don't think this is really an issue with differences of opinion between nationalities as much as... other demographics. I'm finding it difficult to really put into words what exactly that divide is, but, I think you get what I mean.

Point is: Try asking Facebook this sort of question instead of Iwaku. You might find things to be significantly different there, even when looking at a global population as opposed to just Americans. (Also I'm being rhetorical when I say "try asking Facebook". I'm not sure your FB friend group is really the most accurate sample for what I'm getting at, either.)

this thread was about ur ridiculously long name tho

Point is: Try asking Facebook this sort of question instead of Iwaku. You might find things to be significantly different there, even when looking at a global population as opposed to just Americans. (Also I'm being rhetorical when I say "try asking Facebook". I'm not sure your FB friend group is really the most accurate sample for what I'm getting at, either.)
They already did, Bernie dominated it. Which is what I'm talking about.

Those damn facebook users need to actually vote. He's still under Hillary.

They already did, Bernie dominated it. Which is what I'm talking about.

Ok, but how many people actually participated in that poll? And who, exactly? How well do they represent the US population?

Online polls are biased from the very start because your sample size is limited to the people who are actually want to participate in the first place. That's why my "ask Facebook" bit was rhetorical -- because I was referring to hypothetically being able to ask every single person on Facebook and getting a response.

The people clicking away on all these online polls aren't the same people who'll be showing up to the real polls on election day. The full US population and the "internet culture" US population just aren't the same people.

• Love
Reactions: Dervish
Ok, but how many people actually participated in that poll? And who, exactly? How well do they represent the US population?

Online polls are biased from the very start because your sample size is limited to the people who are actually want to participate in the first place. That's why my "ask Facebook" bit was rhetorical -- because I was referring to hypothetically being able to ask every single person on Facebook and getting a response.

The people clicking away on all these online polls aren't the same people who'll be showing up to the real polls on election day. The full US population and the "internet culture" US population just aren't the same people.
Yes bu... WAIT! This thread is getting too serious!

We need more Trump!

giphy.gif

(Seriosuly though, I'm hardly an expert. I was just trying to explain how online/global opinion =/= countries opinion).

I was just trying to explain how online/global opinion =/= countries opinion).
And I was just trying to explain why I didn't think it was a problem of global opinion =/= country's opinion as much as online opinion =/= general populace opinion (in any country). :P

I highly doubt the average citizen of most non-US countries really cares as much about Sanders as you're giving them credit for. Just as the average US citizen isn't as big a fan of him as a lot of American netizens.

But uh *cough* I'll stop now.

Ok, we're getting this back on topic more forcefully...

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Grothnor
Trump, come play Ultimate Apocalypse with us.

We need to field more Stormlords.

Death to the terrorists heresy!

hqdefault.jpg

Y'all need sum spaghetti, yo!

*Proceeds to make an Rp thread while nobody's looking.*​

I see wer once again back to your long-ass nick, Gwagwa Boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.