Guys, I've got these wierd set of E-mails

P

Paorou-sama

Original poster
These guys are trying to tell me something, but I can't figure it out. Care to help me?

TRANSCRIPT BEGINS: (Edit: I found some white text, my email is a white background thing. After the when in rome statement. I copied it in here.)

On December 1, 1947, Ralkeb AES ([email protected]) wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/ydctb7u

QUOTE :

"Will you succeed the process where countless others have failed?"

When in Rome, speak as Romans did. Make sure to Capitalize on each word.

----------

On October 12, 1875, John ([email protected]) wrote:

Of course! Enlightenment is my signature.

BLACK
WHITE
YELLOW
RED

Will you succeed the process where countless others have failed? Their great work is the key!

The Tempter in the Garden
Corner by Corner
"Don't forget the 8x8." - The Book of Law

----- Original Message -----

To: Ralkeb AES ([email protected])
Sent: Multiply, 8 September / 2013 01:01:02 (tens ones)
Subject: I hope you're ready for the Crimson Bullet Circus.

DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING. TAKE IT AS IS.

bRCXSFzMMoX8U8AVab4G8s2S66K3Gk1uGA7Blqr/5OmEsAEfsyGFHeS2FOY93eiGtyOOvfhD5OfkfkjHT3r/BKTnC3eoo1PHMlZg8nvc3uRxRL9jnxdcg5FSTBKHTovAIonXr9gd74MjVxC7ne5tdA==

(Attached File filename:220px-Crowley_unicursal_hexagram.svg.png)

It sounds like something religious to me. "The tempter in the garden" "the book of law" etc.

(Attached File filename:220px-Crowley_unicursal_hexagram.svg.png)

Probably got yourself a reference to Aleister Crowley there, an English occultist who lived about a century back.

Perhaps the dates of the emails are significant in some way, too? Fuck knows; this shit looks like crazy-person rambling, but attempting to make sense of it could be fun.

The link is a decrypter though. So it's like some kind of complicated secret message.

Okay, so I'm going all Sherlock Holmes/L on you.

The link leads to an online decrypt tool, in the last section, the emailer gives a long string of numbers and letters. One of the algorithms for the decrypt tool is called Serpent, hence the phrase "tempter in the garden" However, the decrypter also needs a key. In the second section of the passage, it says, "Their great work is the key." At the end of the second section, it says, "Don't forget the 8x8," which, on the decrypter, it has a checkbox for Base64 decode the input. Also, after the when in rome statement, capitalize is capitalized, which means its important.

That's all I've got so far, but I feel like some badass right now ^^

So what is the message? That's quite awesome sleuthing. ._.

I don't know. It says, their great work is the key, but I tried their great work, and it didn't work, so I'm reading about Aleister Crowley. He was a Thelemist, a freemason, and correlated science and magic. He wrote a book, called the book of law. He also wrote a periodical called The Equinox (Kind of creepy to me...) but that's besides the point.

In the attachment note, it's named the unicursal hexagram, with Crowley's name in front of it. The unicursal hexagram is a hexagram or six-pointed star that can be traced or drawn unicursally, in one continuous line rather than by two overlaid triangles. The hexagram can also be depicted inside a circle with the points touching it. Crowley had his own version of the hexagram that had a petaled flower in the center.

The search continues for Crowley's "great work..."

'Their Great Work' kinda implies more than one person. Or does it?

What do the colors signify?

The Great Work is another name for Alchemy. The "process" of turning base metals into gold is one in which "countless others have failed" - i.e. the golden line of the alchemists. Crowley was a member of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn before he went renegade. Maybe the hex code for the colour gold is important...

The 'when in Rome' comment could relate to using Roman numerals...

The four colours are equivalent to the elemental colours used in Hermeticism.

So plenty of codes and numbers to be found here... :/

I will ponder this...

I am pretty sure that it is some sort of recruiting thing for Thelematism. Possibly a place and date? If so, that's really creepy...Asmo's deductions are also very thought-provoking, too.

Poemander also refers to a chapter in the Corpus Hermiticum, tying into Asmo's thoughts. John Everard did a translation of this, that reads, "Then said I, "Who art Thou? I am," quoth he, "Poemander, the mind of the Great Lord, the most Mighty and absolute Emperor: I know what thou wouldest have, and I am always present with thee."

As for Crimson Bullet Circus and Corner by Corner, Crimson Bullet is a post-hardcore band, and I've got nothing for Corner by Corner.

October 12, 1875 is also a birth date of Aleister Crowley who was mentioned in the last part of the message. So there might be a connection between second and last part.

Also considering where Crowley has traveled those colors might represent skin color, eg. Red for Mexicans, Yellow for Chinese, Black for Egyptians and White for USA. I don't know what this shows but maybe he did something in each country. I don't know.

Continuing on what The Returner said, December 1, 1947 (the date of one of the messages) is the day of the death of Crowley, so I think we can safely assume this encryption is heavily tied to him.

No idea what the significance of the September 8, 2013 is though.

As for Crimson Bullet Circus and Corner by Corner, Crimson Bullet is a post-hardcore band, and I've got nothing for Corner by Corner.

It could possibly also be a reference to what sort of mode is to be used with the decryption software:
Crimson Bullet Circus/Corner by Coner = CBC (Cipher Block Chaining)

As for September 8, 2013 - it says multiply. It might be some kind of mathematics thing. Because 01:01:02 looks like a ratio. You know, like on a map or something like that.

I think I got something. The link in the first part is the online decrypt tool which we will have to use. The second part with the color - by solvin that puzzle we will get the key for the decrypting tool and the message is probably the last sequence of numbers and letters. Crowley is tied to it because of the colors I guess. This is just a thought that jumped to my mind now.

Can we all safely assume this is some sort of recruitment thing for Thelema? Because with all the references to it and Crowley, that's what it sounds like. This whole mystery thing gots me feeling like Sherlock Holmes, lol. Aside from the point, there should be an Iwaku Mysteries column for things just like this, that would be epic...

"Make sure to Capitalize each word," I GOT IT!!! It means that for the key, each word must be capitalized, which suggests that the key is more than one word.

Regarding the Romans part .. Has anyone of your considered Latin a factor in this?