Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Mecha, Superhero, Anime, Adventure, Magical

It is the post disaster era two hundred and eighty years after the disastrous event known as the calamity war that ravaged man. Since then the human homeworld known as Earth has come into a sense of prosperity with multiple government groups, and operations running the Earth Sphere. Humanity has advanced towards a new era as Mars has been colonized and terraformed to fit well with human habitation. The majority of military operations has since been on the look out for radical terrorists fighting for their own ideologies while waging a political proxy war on the side various noble families vying for more strength to unite various groups under their own power. Mercenary groups have sprung up all over space causing large scale conflicts by the most powerful groups under the employ of various trade factions looking to assassinate people to gain an edge, or simply to send a message. People born, or sent to space are seen as sub-human. Human debris. Many saviors have risen up and most of them forgotten due to either forced scale downs, or them being ineffective at preaching their message. However as a side effect of many of this many have been able to obtain mobile workers, and weapons as the trade control in outer space is poor at best. Out of the rubble however there seems to be forming a large scale resistance movement against the Earth Sphere lead by a strong willed young woman named Annabeth Macgommery. Though the future of the movement seems to hinge on her many are working towards making sure humans in space are not forgotten about.

Despite this however there are mummers and rumors going around that the colonies around Earth aren't exactly happy with their situation either. Used as toys in the hands of the nobles of Earth and Gjallarhorn, the group responsible for ending the calamity war. Whispers of a group of black clad vigilantes supported by the populace and hidden are becoming all to common. Gjallarhorn themselves are even starting to take notice as crime in the colonies and in populated Earth cities are becoming more frequent than expected and some even believe there are people in Gjallarhorn themselves that work for them. This supposed group is also said to be led by a visionary man who proclaims himself as the savior of the Earth Sphere and agent of justice. His claimed intent is meant to rip apart Gjallarhorn and their supporters and rend Earth's governments asunder to give control back to the people as the current system is by far to cluttered, and muddled in a swampy mess of political games.

Gjallarhorn themselves however seek to preserve the peace so hardly won by their predecessors. Many of them are strong willed people who want to protect their families, their way of life, and their charges, the people of Earth. Just as many claim their fighting for peace, and safety for humans on Earth as there glory hounds, and noble preservative groups. Elite squads are already working out rooting out the dissidents on Mars, and in the colonies however they are finding little to no luck in this fight. Disgruntled with their lack of progress, and annoyed at being bogged down with red tape many of Gjallarhorn's finest are preparing to take operations into their own hands under the name of one of the Noble Houses. The House of Vandervelt a legacy family from the starting days of Gjallarhorn who intend to right the wrongs set on Earth and restore peace as best as they can without getting caught up in any political incidents. Despite this however many claim that war is inevitable if one, if not two of these factions rise to power.
====
Hello everyone I'm hoping you're still interested in this after looking at the above plot synopsis. My intent is for us to play one of the above factions. Either Gjallarhorn, the mysterious black clad vigilantes from the colonies (based on the black knights of code geass), or the space movement on Mars which will consist of personal friends of Annabeth, or military contractors not unlike Kudelia's movement in the actual show.

I would like to keep this limited to one faction. Getting everyone split up into different factions will end up leaving the plot messy, or clunky and hard to follow. So if you're interested please comment down below which faction you want the group to play in. If you're not interested in playing any of the other factions also say so.

I'm keeping things as tied to canon as possible when it comes to machines. So please try to find a suitable machine from the gundam wiki that you want to pilot if you wish to be a pilot. HOWEVER not all of us have to be pilots. You can be a foot soldier, or a supporter as well. Not everyone in Iron Blooded Orphans are fighters. Anymore questions about the roleplay are relegated to questions below. I will answer to the best of my ability.

I am specifically looking for people who can type more than three sentences for a character. minimum is one and a half paragraph. Personality and bio when the game is chosen. This is used both as a way to make sure your character doesn't stray away during the rp, and a show that you're capable of posting actual posts and not two off sentences.

Count me interested. While as a fan I'm more familiar and knowledgeable with Gundam Wing and G Gundam series, though I like what I seen of Iron Blooded Oprans so far. So yes this would be cool to RP in this kind of setting. You got your first volunteer hahaha.

Alright thanks for coming up Nomad. Glad to have you along. As of this moment I haven't finished Orphans, I'm following the Toonami release, I am a relative expert on gundam. I've seen OO, Wing, G, Char's counterattack, Stardust Memory, Build Fighters, and parts of Zeta. I have knowledge on parts of UC, and other series I have not seen. So I'm usually good when it comes to knowledge but I will admit I am not a master of gundam.

Reactions: Nomad-22
@Nomad-22 do you happen to know anyone on here who may be interested in this rp?

I'll check and see if there are.

Reactions: VanceXentan
I've only ever seen G Gundam and Gundam Wing tbh

But I'll see what I can do! ^^

You can watch gundam Iron Blooded Orphans free on youtube subbed I can link you to the channel and it's even legal. They have a lot of gundam content on that channel. Regardless I'll accept you there's not much that need to be known as most of the canon setting is gone. I'd look at the wiki a little bit at the risk of spoilers just to get a general idea.

You can watch gundam Iron Blooded Orphans free on youtube subbed I can link you to the channel and it's even legal. They have a lot of gundam content on that channel. Regardless I'll accept you there's not much that need to be known as most of the canon setting is gone. I'd look at the wiki a little bit at the risk of spoilers just to get a general idea.

You mean they actually have a better season. Because Gundam Build Fighters was so weird. It was like Gundam had a baby with Angelic Layer. Does anyone remember Angelic Layer? I do. I do indeed.

I hate this because I have a lot of RPs, but I love Gundam. Though my favorites were Seed, Destiny, Wing, and 00

I know they have Endless Waltz, gundam build fighters and build fighter try, gundam IBO, and the UC stuff. As said I can link it if you want.
@Clyde @Chewy Rabbits I usually start with four people as a minimum but I'll hold off a bit longer and not post the OOC until we get the votes in (if either of you chose to vote) or we get placed in the black guardians by default and go on a terrorism rampage through earth and the colonies (and mars possibly).

Sure, link me brah!

I'll do my best to stay committed to this RP

I know they have Endless Waltz, gundam build fighters and build fighter try, gundam IBO, and the UC stuff. As said I can link it if you want.
@Clyde @Chewy Rabbits I usually start with four people as a minimum but I'll hold off a bit longer and not post the OOC until we get the votes in (if either of you chose to vote) or we get placed in the black guardians by default and go on a terrorism rampage through earth and the colonies (and mars possibly).

TERRORISM!

^wow........that really.....was.....

see this is how not having a mental filter affects you, you just shout out loud in your house terrorism and rampage. Then the whole house looks at you. And I'm like, promise I am not working for Isis. <------and the joke got worse

Well that's what we technically are lol. Somebody's terrorists are another person's freedom fighters.
@Chewy Rabbits

GundamInfo

• Love
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
You're right Vance, the Black Guardians remind me a lot of the Black Knights from the Code Geass series. I like it LOL!

Well that's what we technically are lol. Somebody's terrorists are another person's freedom fighters.
@Chewy Rabbits

GundamInfo

*refrains from other inflammatory joke*

I still like to be on the terrorist side I suppose. lol

Damn it and I have joined another RP. hahaha. Its okay I have no life, but...........why do I do this to myself

Because you're a masochist? Because gundam is too good?

But yeah the guardians (if that's what you guys want to call them) will be very similar to the black knights. I don't want to call them copies but that's somewhat the case just without no mystical vodoo eyes.

Darn

*shoves mystical voodoo eyes away*

Actually I do have a question though.

Could I create a character like Tiera or Ribbons Almark, tbh

I like all the Gundams, but to be fair I thought that was a very interesting concept for the Gundam series and like a similar thing

Because you're a masochist? Because gundam is too good?

But yeah the guardians (if that's what you guys want to call them) will be very similar to the black knights. I don't want to call them copies but that's somewhat the case just without no mystical vodoo eyes.

Makes sense to me. This group not being carbon copies of the Black Knights(Code Geass) yet maintainng a similar theme would be a good balance.

Last edited:
Like them yes but as far as I'm aware newtypes/innovator types are nonexistant. Character wise you're free to do as you're like just remember if we're going black guardians we're mostly going to be from the colonies or government officials tied to the place. In terms of piloting the best you can do is give them the Alaya-Vijnana System surgical treatment and that's going to be hard to tie into a backstory.

Like them yes but as far as I'm aware newtypes/innovator types are nonexistant. Character wise you're free to do as you're like just remember if we're going black guardians we're mostly going to be from the colonies or government officials tied to the place. In terms of piloting the best you can do is give them the Alaya-Vijnana System surgical treatment and that's going to be hard to tie into a backstory.

See and here I was thinking more elaborate. lol.

Technically Setsuna was an Innovator as well or became one.

I assume most Innovators were created. And to be tied with government officials actually works well with an Innovator. To be fair you could go anywhere you want with it. Perhaps, he's a double agent for the official, etc.

Innovators are genetically engineered super soldiers though. You can't be something like that. At most a pilot who's seen some action under Gjallarhorn, or some contractor off Earth working for one of the big company's like Teiwaz. More over you'd need to be military if you want to be a pilot. The whole sixth sense thing is really not a thing in this variation of gundam. The closest is the aforementioned treatment. However if you want to be a government insider that's fine it just makes it harder for you to interact with some other characters.

I'd like to see some media, private military contractors, business men and women, and stuff like that in the black guardians. Or simple everyday people who've taken up arms secretly. Being in the black guardians means we'll have a lot of black market assistance. The advantages are the following: Gjallarhorn has major political and military power, guardians have the ability to be everywhere and have assistance from earth and space companies, Annabeth has the love of the people, and her ideals are really strong as such she has become a strong willed young woman who can see her friends through most hardships.

Status
Not open for further replies.