Gun Gale Online - Iron Front

Josuke Mitarashi
HighBlitz
Interactions: Dr. Akita (@RedArmyShogun)
Mentions: GospelGorou (@EmperorsChosen)
Blitz watched as the woman in purple who was looking at him made her way over to him. Blitz was a bit cautious, was this another scammer trying to get something out of him? If that was the case then the scammer would have no luck. Blitz was not about to be taken advantage of by some scammer. The woman waved at him, Blitz was intrigued to see what she would say. She then asked him something out of the blue that he was not expecting. She wanted him to join her squadron. Did she even know who he was? Had she ever seen him play? As far as she knew this could have been Blitz's very first day playing the game. Why did she want him to join?

She explained to him what their squadron was hoping to accomplish. It all sounded very interesting to him. Blitz thought about it for a moment, and right as he was about to say something the woman started walking away as she saw someone else that she was looking for. She put her hand up for Blitz to follow her. Blitz shrugged his shoulders and followed the woman to where the other player was. She told the player how to clean up their menu and then explained who she was. Doctor Akita, Blitz had heard that name before, he was now even more interested.

"So why me? Do you know anything about me or who I am? I mean your squadron sounds interesting but what made you decide that I needed to be apart of it? Have you seen me play at all? Blitz was generally interested in her answer. He then looked over to the larger player as they worked on their pop up menu. The player had some interesting armor that was for sure. Blitz wondered how they felt about this invite.

Codename Blush // Ghost Shot
Q25ZyjF.png

Interacting:​

What the?!

Suddenly the usually-quiet ruined city was ablaze with heavy firepower and explosions. It was like everything lit up at once, and the place became defeaning. Blush actually winced and placed a hand on her ear. HMG fire obviously. As bullets rained into the building she was in. Luckily it wasn't the floor she was on... Yet. She peered over, watching as HMG gunfire rang out from nearby buildings, tearing up her building like swiss cheese.

Did they know she was here? Was she their target?

The bullets gradually began ascending, ripping through floor after floor. Crap! It seemed so!

That's when she noticed droids running in on the ground level. And sounds of Behemoths in the distance.

"What the fuck?" the scratchy, deeper voice of Ghost Shot hissed.

This was... An ambush?! Droids in particular were pretty good against snipers. As snipers were meant to kill players or high priority targets, not factory-cloned droids that were a dime a dozen. "Fuck!" Blush cursed, grabbing her rifle and dashing back deeper into the building.

If this was an ambush for her specifically, then... Then what? That meant her position was compromised, which was the worst possible thing for a sniper. It meant she really had very little recourse here. Other than sniping what shits she could just to get back at them, Blush wasn't entirely sure how to "win" this one. "Tch, dammit!" If her position was compromised, that meant she should've just sniped a fool or two when she had her sights on them! So much for playing the long game! Which usually worked out, but this time it didn't.

She looked down at her unique sniper "Dragoon". This baby had been with her for awhile now. It was her pride and joy as a sniper. It was literally every sniper's dream to own a unique sniper rifle. Could she hide it and come back for it later?...

No, that was to admit to defeat. And Blush never admitted defeat. Still, the situation was pretty freaking dire.

What should she do?

Still, at the very least, while avoiding the HMG fire, she would hide.. Then using her pistol pick off droids. Using her sniper, hopefully get a good shot off on the ones who orchestrated all this mess. That was all Blush could see as her options. Readying in position while ducking HMG fire, she prepared to start blasting herself. Blush wasn't one to just give up! She'd put up a helluva fight if it meant keeping her respect as a sniper, no, a GGO player in tact.

Shinjiro Aki /Aeronaut Crash
Interactions: Deca @RedArmyShogun

"Oh really," Crash had turned to face the player who out of the blue had just paid for his drink along with a rather unexpected offer. For a moment Crash mulled if this was such a good idea, but hell why not he didn't have anything better to do. That, and it would be good to socialize again as he headed to Deca's table the last words echoed in his mind as it was followed by a few screams. Crash oddly shook his head in front of Deca shaking out the memory that was trying to service. Chuckling for his weird display Crash sat down across from Deca.

"Sorry, just a little wacky today don't mind it. You can call me Crash it seems to be everyone's go-to heh. So what are you recruiting for," Crash asked clearly open to hearing out Deca's offer as he enjoyed his drink. While he had a moment he went through Deca's basic info making sure this wasn't a bounty hunter scenario, but thankfully Deca' came out clean, and thus Crash started to relax. He also had to admit Deca's stats were really good.

"I am assuming its pretty heavy a plan seeing how you yourself play this game pretty heavy too," Crash chuckled now fully drawn into whatever this offer could be.

GospelGarou

"Ah?"

The helmeted man glanced toward the voice that spoke out to him, tilting his head as she listed off directions without a hitch to get rid of the pop-ups and invites. She didn't stutter or pause once, and Garou did his best to follow along, getting lost a couple of times, but eventally getting there--Somewhat.

Either way, he could see now.

"They would make it a pain in the ass..." He complained briefly before turning to the woman and other man.

It was another invite, though this one was a bit more personable. Supposedly they found something in the code, but what were the actual chances of that? Then again, it would be a pretty lame ploy. And he knew the woman was fairly big when it came to info brokers, so it wasn't too far-fetched.

"I thought you were some famous broker, not a hacker, how'd you manage that?"

The other guy seemed fairly wary as well, seemingly wondering why he was chosen. That was also a good point. If she was just picking random people off the street, that didn't bode well for the nature of this whole thing.

~~~~~

Violen

Suddenly, the gunner's grumbling was interrupted as she fiddled with the tripwire. Explosions and gunfire pelted her surroundings and she hopped with a yelp, frantically zipping for cover.

"Ah-AH! What the fuck!"

Making use of the buildings as cover, Violen dashed inside the nearest home and out the back, weaving through the side alleys and rubble to avoid an open fight. Making use of her traps, she quickly rigged a tripwire to cover her pathing as she moved through the corpse of a city. A few moments later as the droids breached and gave pursuit, an explosion went off bringing a grin and chuckle to the woman's face. She glanced back as she ran, extending a single middle finger in the general direction her hostiles.

"Ha-haaa~ Fuck you~!"

This satisfaction was short-lived, however. As she crossed between the buildings, the gunner found herself with company. A few of the aggressors had cut her off and began pushing while firing. Violen quickly ducked behind the closest corner, gritting her teeth as the ammunition flew past her.

"Aaagh~ Is it an entire friggin' guild? Come oooon!" She groaned, pulling her rotary cannon from her back.

Pulling the trigger, Violen waited for the tri-barrel to spin up, pulling out and aiming down the chokepoint a moment before the weapon began firing. The constant stream of ammunition flew out loud popping, peppering into the droids that approached from the front. As those went down, the pursuers from behind grew closer.

Violen slowed her fire before stowing her primary weapon away so as to move at greater than a snail's pace. For an extra hurdle and an added "fuck you", she pulled out one of her incendiary grenades and tossed it behind her, leaving a barrier of fire behind her.

Unfortunately, their numbers were large and Violen found herself growing more and more annoyed as she was forced into retreat. However, as a larger building came into view her grin returned. The hospital had so many twists and turns and corridors, it was just perfect for her traps and chokepoints! That would be her destination.

Dr. Akita
Interactions: Blitz @timv999 GospelGorou @EmperorsChosen

Listening to the words of the two, Akita stares at the two for a bit then speaks; "Well I'm not asking everyone, that's how you get problems. Gospel, you I've heard of before, and as to you Blitz, you are an unknown factor, you're a nooby, but your gear choice is solid. Plus I got a good feeling about you two. This game is about taking chances and trusting your guts. If you two don't want in, that's fine. And I'm an information broker, not all files are just hidden by hacking you know, sheesh."

She says while pausing as her hands motion towards her unseen hud. "Gimmie a Sec." Her eyes widen briefly. "Huh.." Motioning her hands again, she seemed to be typing something, then spoke up.

"Hey, say how about a trail run? If we all play correctly you can get some good drops. Though we'll be going up against a squadron called the Bounty Hunters Guild. They have some people pinned down that were on my list. After that I can show you the data I've mentioned. So what you say, how about a little pvp?"

With that she gives a wave and a motion of her hand.

"Come on, we're heading for the tram out towards the City Ruins zone. If it goes badly on us all, I'll get you some replacement weapons." Sending an invite she pauses for a bit, seeing if they would come along, there wasn't much more she could offer than a reassurance and the promise of glory. "If we all die or my information doesn't impress you can leave, its not like I can keep you hostage."

Deca_Dent
Interactions: Aeronautic Crash - Mention to other guildmates/summons @kookyboy9 @Reanimator Spuds

Nodding to crash, Deca sits back as he was before, continuing. "Simple facts? I came across some data, and Akita across some more. Me with the AI's and CPU's, and her with bits of data slates. We are going to attempt to enact it today, for that, we are trying to gather a team. She, no, even I, want the first crack at unlocking the new areas and dungeons. And the events of today.."

With that he is cut off as he plays with his hud, grunting a bit he speaks. "Seems that trail will happen now. Three people we wanted to try recruiting and are in a bad way, pissed off the Bounty Hunters Guild, we're going to bust them out, then start the bread crumb trail."

With that he gets up from his chair and types a couple more messages with the motions of his fingers..

~
To the others recruiting in the zone. Get who you can and bring them to the zone, we are going to hit the Bounty Hunters Guild and then attempt activating the first waymark. Promise them loot and replacement of lost items should we fail, they can be told we'll be trying to delve into what we know or will be explaining it.. Meet at the tram that leads to the City Wasteland. We leave as soon as most of us are here.
~

With that he continues heading for the exit, giving a glance backwards at Crash. "30 Vs 3 isn't good or sporting for the game. So how about we go Crash a party?" Sending an invite, he would leave the rest for Crash to decide as he heads right out of the building, throwing a cred chip on the counter as he does so.

City Group

As the three are herded together, the players were being careful to keep down and to allow the trio to provoke the droids from then onwards. While not a dangerous opponent and a generic enemy, they were numerous. Getting cut down by the sporadic fire of the trio, the drones were next to arrive, the cylindrical balls had a rotating outer shell that broke to show lighted sensors and thrusters around the orb's body, offensively drones were very weak and lacked defenses of note. Respectable firepower kept them from being total jokes and there were the bigger ones. They would stay in place and flash a light, wailing with an otherworldly siren, summoning more bots to its location, be they droids or drones.

Three of these had wandered there way into the old hospital as they pop up and start to false broadcast, scanning their surroundings. Elsewhere the Commander smiles and motions to a person next to him from a the top of a burned out bus on and overlooking hill.

"Alright. If we are lucky they'll kill one another. We'll start the first wave with twelve men, if they go down tell them to just return here from the hub. We'll wait for the drones to get more droids there or for them to get popped. The Behemoths are still there and a few other droid squads are moving in. More bullets into them mean less bullets for us. Give them five minutes. Keep them there. Pull up the rear guard to help keep the siege up, nothing to worry about back there anymore."

With that, if they could spot them, human players were massing on the opposite side of the lane as the three large robots continued flying and stomping around near by, what few droids that were till in position were following the sounds of destruction, drawing a metal noose around the ground floor of the hospital building that new entrapped the trio.

Blitz Batter Bradley
Interactions: @Reanimator Spuds

Bradley smiled at the player enthusiasm to recruit him, there was just something that felt genuine in the tone of her voice. "Sure, I play a bit here and there. I was part of baseball themed squadron, but that's in the past." The name of his squadron is only known to a few, so he's not too surprised she wouldn't know about the Blitz Batters. Nonetheless, he doesn't think its important for her to know about that, at least not just yet. He prefers to let his own skills do the talking for him when he gets his chance to shine.

"Ah so you like baseball as well? Then we'll get along just fine." he smiled once more giving her a friendly wink. "So then, what's the recruiting process look like? Do I have to pass some trials, bring you rare items or something like that?" Some squadrons are very picky of how and who they recruit but he wasnt too worried since he was pretty confident he'll breeze through whatever challenge they had.

Eineomy800 "Eine"
Interactions: AsuraAssult (@kookyboy9 )

"Quirky?" Eine tilted his head at the taller girl, he wondered if he could be considered quirky, he was kind of a total nerd in real life and in-game. Though not being an anti-social loner or blitzkrieg-ing maniac seemed like enough of a quirk in the GGO world, "am I really quirky though, I always thought I'm pretty average." He jumped down from the ledge and stepped on his blue-grey patterned cape - dyed especially for camouflaged in the nearly perpetually overcast skies of GGO. "And don't worry about the grenades thing, I've got a special trait that tells me exactly where it all goes, it's kind of weird how no one uses it because it-"

"-Eek." It sounded a little like a chipmunk as the small avatar did a flip around on the ground before jumping right back up without hesitation, deactivating the cape in the process. Eine brushed himself off a bit, trying to act like that was just a bit or done on purpose before noticing the UI pop up near Asura.

"Huh? Is that your Squadron?" He jumped up a few times getting glimpses of the other's holographic UI. It was hard to see another player's UI, probably some safety gameplay measure, but it's perfectly possible in such close distances if the other party doesn't mind. "..Deca...I've seen that name somewhere before..." Eine only caught a glimpse of the message, but he knew to look at the important bits, like the sender. He remembered that player from a former BoB. Though neither of them got very far, Eine's limited impressions didn't paint Deca as the "likes quirky" type, he seemed kind of stoic.

OcelotChika & Healz_on_Wheelz
Interacting: Handy_Man | @kookyboy9

Chiaki shared a look with her brother. If the guy was lying then he needed to get an acting job or something. He seemed sincere, and they've both played the game long enough to know when to get out if things start getting suspicious... The sound of loot and exploring did seem good to them though. It'd been a while since she and Hiro had done some exploring for some good loot, and even longer still since she's gotten a better gun.

Call her stupid, but she was willing to take the risk.

She pressed the 'accept' button.

"Oh? You think he's legit?"

"I mean, we've got nothing better to do. Besides I don't think the guy is lying; If he was then hot damn is he good at it."

Hiro pressed the 'accept' button as well. "Alright, but if we lose our loot because of you you owe me a shiny new pistol! None of the cheap stuff either."

"Sure, sure."

PwMWkqh.png

Interactions: @RedArmyShogun @EmperorsChosen
Mentions: @Thaleko

With luck remaining on his side and a few near misses from the droid's Optical Weapons. Jack took the grunt down to size. With a hole in his chest to keep him busy gasping for air and no legs to speak of from the knee down. Sparks soon after began to splash across the floor as Jack carved a path through the droids to make a quick exit and bum rush the stairs leading to the next floor up. Dropping his Disruptor Belt along the way, the Optical rounds from behind curved around the Shield Generator he was carrying up the stairs. Short for breath, Jack threw the Grunt to the floor, before quickly "borrowing" his Shield Generator along with his Assault Rifle. Some Bullpup model he couldn't make heads of, but which seemed to have an extended mag modification.

"Sweet gun."

Taking the remaining magazines as well in addition to more grenades, he bid the kid farewell with.

"Have fun at spawn kid."

A round less and a muzzle flash later, Jack was on the move again with a pep in his step. One look at the ground floor though was enough to fill him in on the situation. More squads of droids accompanied by the familiar orb shaped drones were flooding the area. Whoever this group was, they didn't like to get their hands dirty. Aside from the occasional idiot. Watching the mass of mobilized metal below him for a moment, Jack noted something was different. The HMG had ceased firing at his previous location and had gone silent. With a grin, Jack leapt from the building adjacent to the Hospital.

Several minutes later and in a surrounding building, the HMG team shared a laugh among themselves.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I bet they're pissing their pants right about now. Haha"

"If they're not killing each other you mean."

"Hah. You think they're that stupid?"

"Maybe. If we're lucky. We'll walk away with a bit more renown. No sweat."

"Hah! Those dumbshits are done for."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It took a moment to register the voice, and the fact that it wasn't from their comms or even from anyone on their team. Right as the pair spun around to catch a glimpse of Jack's helmet pop behind a pillar. The two players noted the grenade which landed between them. Another moment later and a few more rounds shorter, Jack was nabbing more grenades before he planted a boot on the M2 Browning the duo had been using. Forced to get on all fours however, Jack labored before muscling it out and over the edge of the building. With a pant, he watched as it somersaulted and crashed on top of a passing droid. Following it was the shrill of a drone raising the alarm. But, before more droids could muster to investigate, the window Jack was occupying was barren.

A few minutes later and another HMG would cease its operations before the Group caught wind of what was going on. A grenade echo followed the HMG, as it was taken out of commission and like earlier was sent plummeting to the ground. Rallying the droids and drones to yet another false alarm. It was at this point that Jack realized two things. The group hadn't positioned themselves nor anticipated his high urban mobility. And that he definitely wasn't the only target. Having spotted a white haired homeless woman roaming the halls of the Hospital Skyscraper across from him. He grinned, at the prospective distraction.

With a bit of ease, Jack crossed the divide between him and the Hospital with the aid of his wench and years of practice. Rolling into fresh broken glass, he popped up and began walking toward the stairs. He'd seen the homeless woman on the floor below and tread with caution. Hearing a string of slurs that would make a sailor blush, he suppressed a laugh. Peaking around a corner, he got a better look at the woman and realized she wasn't homeless, but "fashionable". As she seemed to be having troubles placing a tripwire or trap of some sort.

He was reminded why he never had a sense of style.

Choosing to remain hidden in place of eating a face full of lead, he instead spoke up using his 0-Type helmet to throw his voice around the room a bit.

"Having fun?"

Listening as she spun around on her heel,, Jack gripped the bullpup tighter in the event she stormed around the corner by surprise.

"Cause you seem to be having a grand time in a mess like this. You got a few screws loose yeah?"

Jack waited for her to make a sudden move, before continuing.

"Hah. Anyway, time for words is short. I figure, we're being corralled in here till those Behemoth's come smashing the whole damn place on top of us. If not spent dry by these annoying droid fucks. I ain't gonna wait and give these ball sacks the satisfaction."

A moment of silence followed before Violen (@EmperorsChosen ) would receive an invite to a private voice channel.

"I'm gonna raise hell and draw the droids into the Behemoths. Figure their team is somewhere in that region and it ought to be good fun. Heh. I'd invite you, but that thing you carry for a weapon means you'd die of old age before you could catch up.

I'll keep you posted, keep an eye out when things don't go as planned and Plan B, C, D... whatever the fuck they come up with happens. You can take it from there. ... Oh, and I think there's someone else in this shit scraper. They shot up the higher floors. Probably a sniper shitting themselves in a corner up there. Tell em to be useful, we ain't got time for hide and weep. Ahh, and here."

A moment later and a bag would topple to the floor in front of Violen. The flap left open would reveal a half dozen grenades or so as they fell out and rolled across the floor.

"Have fun."

With the invitation extended, Jack would make his exit and begin to prep his strafe runs. The one advantage he held he intended on making the most use of. With two HMG out of order and the bulk of troops being thrown at them droids. He had the advantage of urban mobility and commanding the steel skies. He could choose which floors of buildings to travel through and use most of the surrounding furniture and concrete as cover. The biggest issue would be a rogue sniper that picked him off mid strafe. Though, there wasn't anything to do about that except for tempting fate.

Looking down at the two clusters of droid's he had collected with the crashing HMG's. Jack fired up his wench and jumped from the Hospital building. Swinging over them in an arc he pelted the ground with a full mag of his bullpup. Alerting the nearby drones along with the droids. Optical lasers soon lit up his screen as they deflected around his New Shield Generator. Making a few passes to rile them up, he began to move towards more groups as they trickled in, along the direction of the Behemoth. Taking to cover within nearby buildings every street or so, while maintaining the horde of droids and drones pursuing him.

Last edited:
AsuraAsault

Interactions: @Cresion Breezes - Eine

Eine seemed somehow confused by Asura's comment. If blowing yourself up trying to fly using grenades didn't qualify you as quirky, she would really want to know what would. Not to mention the shotguns. Freaking maniac. "Pretty sure the trick with the grenades and shotguns qualifies you as quirky."

He tried to jump down off his crates and somehow managed to step on – and trip over – his cloak. Asura stifled a snort at his antics as a notification popped up. Apparently something more important than recruiting had shown up! Eine was hopping around trying to get a glimpse as she closed out the notification. "First off. Fucking ask before you read other player's messages. Second. Got a squadron op happening now. If you want to come along, the boss says fair share of loot if we win, and the squadron'll replace lost items and gear if we don't. Come on along if you're interested."

Her part said, Asura flipped open her UI, sending Eine a squadron invite as she started off towards the tram station, a spring in her step.

Handy_man

Interactions: @Jessica OcelotChika & Healz_on_Wheelz

The pair accepted his invite just fine. Apparently he'd made his case well enough! Handy offered them a hand to shake. "Nice to have the two of you aboard! By the way, I do crafting stuff most of the time. Special rate to squadron members, 'specially if you happen to bring along mats for the job."

At that moment, a notification popped up in his UI. Apparently they were going PKing, then secret hunting. Handy tapped out of the notification with his free hand, then turned his attention back to the pair. "As it turns out, looks like the squadron's got an event going. We're going to hit a guild, then go secret hunting. You two want to join in? There'll be loot to be shared, and gear and item replacements'll be on the squadron if we screw up."

Well this guy seemed interested in what was going on right now. He was asking about the recruitment process: Is there a test? Does he need to be a certain level, all sorts of things that many higher rated Squads did. Koda hated those sorts of things. It felt so meanspirited in her eyes. They just wanted to play the game after all. She shook her head, ready to speak on that.

"Well actually, we here at Shadow Chasers aren't usually too stingy on that sort of- Oh sorry! DM form the Squad leader." She opened the pop-up, reading the mission he had for them. "Huh... Welp, actually we may have something to for you to show your stuff. It may be dangerous though, so if you wanna keep your customs, I've got like stacks of decent stuff that I could let you for it. That is if you're looking to save a few people who are currently under siege, of course."

She may have asked him, but she wasn't actually asking. She grabbed his hand and pulled him along moving at quick run. As she ran she pulled up her menu and initiating a trade.

"People here call me ConamiKode. I've been told its clever, but honestly, I'm not too sure why. Go ahead and accept that."

She ran to the designated rendezvous, dragging the catcher with her.
@TreasureSniper

Dr. Akita - Deca_Dent
Interactions: all/general

As the group finally makes its way together and what deals needed to be made put in stone, or at least a vocal agreement based on the worth of one's word. For this part as they boarded the Tram to the underground station leading into the Urban Dead Zone, Akita speaks first, her face betraying no emotion at all, almost like a dolls;

"Okay, listen up, we are about to Piss off the so called Bounty Hunters Guild, they are after three people I want in on this as much as I do all of you. Some of them may have shot you before and you may have shot them, the Guild announced where they are and are trying to draw out more people to help them end this. Deca." With that she gives a nod to the man, who stands up, pulling the slide back on his handgun, chambering a new round.

"As Akita said, we got a general idea of where they are and what is wrapped up around them. I'll be on Point, if you can keep up, follow me. If you can't, form support elements and back me up. If I had to guess they are perched up on this hill, here."

With that he waves a hand to produce a holographical map. "Once we do this, they'll likely remember. But hey, this is our game, if you got a problem with someone you dog them and chase them down. You. Not a team of thirty plus people waving credits around. There is also another reason we are here. Akita."

With that the conversation switches back, "There is some Data we came across, in my case it was some items naming a new ruined location, mostly fragments. Which we believe is related to one of the old Human Outposts that the bots control, we planned to tackle it after we got you all on board."

"You see, the AI's and NPC's have been hinting at a lost station in the area and others aside, but this is the only one we have material fragments for. You can try betraying us but you won't get far. As some of you may not know, new content is locked to the party or persons that unseal it. Once they complete a "dungeon" , checkpoint or two weeks have passed, it unlocks for the rest. I just want to be first somewhere for a change, and that isn't something any of us can do alone. Even the Pink Devil and the Black Swordsman couldn't.

So here's the plan. We break the siege, we recruit those three, or merc them if we must, then we look at the lovely droid bases to see what we can turn up. From there on? Well, Adventure awaits."

With that the two finish up, letting the group come to terms or up with plans to the decision they all were just placed into.

~~~

City Group

Surrounded and outgunned, the trio sees some success against the droids, but the attempt to bait the Behemoth into his allies achieved little, though now with a more unified command structure, the droids display numbers and symbols across their visor light faces, as if talking, as the big giant lets out a low mechanical tone that echo's around it, its eyes flashing red lights. Forming a formation to screen the giant, it scans the area before firing off its shoulder mounted cluster missiles at the nearby buildings, possibly claiming one of the MG and sniper teams before it shifted back towards the hospital, slowly thundering towards the structure as it started to draw fire from all around.

As Jack too to moving high up the hospital and taking advantage of his newfound cover, the hovering flyer seems to catch eye of him, firing into the thick cover of the building, chipping away at it as plasma and lasers carve, melt and cut away at the manmade rock, causing shrapnel to burst here and there, the game's physics were 2nd to none, with even cover being destructible, evident by the sheer number of bullet holes and craters in the area.

Though they had chipped through the bots quite a bit, however it was now that the cowards began their assault. In unison the 12 man fireteam fights past the Behemoth on two flanks and charge into the building where the three were entrapped, as about two dozen more kept a ring of steel around the hospital, as best as they could at any rate.

Last edited:
Shinjiro Aki /Aeronaut Crash
Interactions: Deca @RedArmyShogun

So a brand new big haul from found data alright you got my attention,"Crash nodded Deca's simple answer being enough to Crash over just like that. It seemed Deca, and his cohorts were trying to round up a team of specialists to hit the new area hard and fast plundering whatever they could before everyone came flooding in. It made sense new stuff sold like crazy, and having info first on new stuff was a treasure trove in its own right. It was also though a threat to the team in question as going in blind meant they would get hit with the new world the hardest yet that was the fun of the challenge right. Crash raised an eyebrow as Deca seemed to get some bad news in his hud.

"Oh, lovely the BH guilds at full force today is it. Well, I always enjoy giving them the middle finger," Crash smiled always willing to beat down those greedy assholes especially if it was future teammates. As the two got up Deca sent out a message calling all his other teammates though once that was done it seemed Deca caught the joke bug from the bartender causing Crash to smirk.

"Oh boy master of jokes lead the way," Crash chuckled shaking his head as he followed Deca to the fun times ahead as he accepted Deca invite..

Reactions: Thaleko and Astros
Q25ZyjF.png

Interacting:​

After catching a glimpse of her opponents Blush recognized who they were. The Bounty Hunters Guild. Of course. 'Ghost Shot' and Blush both had earned themselves quite a huge bounty. The only reason Blush's hadn't been cashed in before was because she had been useful. Ghost Shot always seemed to disappear when any BHs came his/her way. Leaving a few BHs worse for wear.

As the machine gun fire petered off, it allowed her to scout a bit easier. She spotted Jack once more, dashing between buildings. 'Heh, still alive, old Jackie?' She watched as he made trouble for the swaths of droids. Flitting her sights between him, the droids, and the lumbering robot headed their way she began to understand his plan. He was drawing the droids towards the Behemoth to make them fight each other! "Heh, good idea, crazy asshole~ I knew there was a reason I didn't kill you a moment ago!~" she mumbled. However, watching, it seemed like it was not to be. They had no interest in each other. "Well.. good try I suppose..." the girl grumbled.

Looking down, she spotted men running into the building, and men making a perimeter around the building. This operation was something else! It seemed she had evaded the BHG one too many times and they really wanted to settle the score here and now.

While Jack was doing his best to raise havoc she began formulating a plan to survive. If only she had grenades! Regardless, she had to time this well.

Blush listened to the nearby stairs. She began hearing some marching feet. A few of the members in a small squad were ascending. Waiting patiently. Aiming her sniper at the two dozen men in the perimeter around the hospital, she waited until the.. right... moment. Listening closely... She had to time it to their ascension.... Now!

BRRAANG! BRAAANG!

Casings dinged off the floor. Two shots rang out. They were all aimed perfectly. Two confirmed kills, as two men blew back, with headshots glowing in the center of their skulls..

Quickly, she dashed to the openish area where the stairs lead out. Immediately, she popped her Concealment trait to give their map a small wrong ping about her location. This all happened within seconds. Their chatter about the gunshots and the ping announced their arrival as they stepped out of the stairs. They were not facing where she was. Good!

BANG!

Immediately she fired. She was using her pistol for this, wanting them to think she was around their vicinity. She was no pistolier, but some of her marksman skills translated. Hitting that guy in the head, too.

She was only able to release one shot before the men panicked.

That was when she quickly threw out a Flashbang and Stun grenade both. Total disorientation!

Her helmet helped her, and she was far enough from the blast zones she was unaffected. Now that they were completely disoriented Blush aimed at the remaining two of this particular squad. There was no use in panicking herself. She had to make precise shots before they regained their senses. Biting her tongue, she pulled the trigger.

BANG! BANG!

Another two headshots, and the three man squad all collapsed.

Phew..!

Blush relaxed for the time being. She had successfully managed to defend her little "crows nest". But that was just a small squad of them. Any further force would not meet the same fate. And those bigger robots -the Behemoth, and flyer, she had no idea what to do about. But that didn't mean she would simply give up. Rest time over, time to plan her next move.

What next?...

Jack was in the vicinity... And he was putting up a good fight. Maybe she should try to partner with him to survive this?

Last edited:
  • Sweet
Reactions: Astros
GospelGarou

"Oh? Am I famous?"
Garou questioned bringing a hand up to grasp the chin of his helmet. "Should I charge for autographs?"

Pausing, it seemed something came up for the woman. So she wanted to go poke the guild now?

Thinking on it, he wasn't too much of a PvP player. Not that he couldn't, but he didn't enjoy it to the same extent; why would he focus on players when he could make similar cash doing the PvE content. Still, it was a trial run.

"Oooh, well let's hope we don't die then. This gear isn't cheap or starter."

He'd play along for now. Following along, they all made their way together where another brought who were apparently more recruits. Listening to her explanation, he proposal didn't seem half bad. He wasn't so much worried about getting backstabbed, though the mention of these other people was curious. They sounded PvP centered.

"I'm assuming we're not going after griefers that will give us a rougher time than the guild," Garou commented aloud.

~~~~~

Violen

Cackling to herself, it seemed the "homeless" girl as it were was enjoying herself fiddling with the traps. This wasn't what she came here to do, but someone was getting blown up today, and it wasn't her. If worse came to worse, she always had the grenades and the gun—but the tripwire kills were so damn funny!

Stopping as a voice rang out, she glanced around, unable to decipher where it came from.

She pulled out her minigun and hugged on of the walls, spinning the barrel in preparation for a sudden attack.

"Come here and find out! I'm a sweetheart~." Her voice shifted unnaturally from aggressive to sing-song followed by a snicker, though the grin shifted into a neutral frown when the invitation came.

Pausing a moment, she accepted. Was it a trick? A troll? Was he fucking with her? Going to tell her to eat shit? A plan, she did not expect. Still, why would she cooperate? Who the hell was he?

Questions Violen cared less for when a bag of ordinance dropped in front of her and she gasped with glee as she shot to the floor and retrieved all the little explosives that fell out. She giggled, throwing the bag's strap over her shoulders, stowing her gun away, and taking off for the upper floors. Giving her a bag of grenades was like giving a normal woman a bouquet of flowers.

"Flirting won't work, but I'll happily accept donations~!"

As the woman made her way up the stairs, she heard shots, and not Jack's. The sniper wasn't doing a good job of hiding it seemed. That made it easy for her to find. Violen would still pass on the message, but wasn't too keen with coop still.

As she ascended up the final step of one of the floors, she caught the attention of three more of the sheep. It seemed like they were following the same sounds as her. They immediately began firing at her position, and she ducked back onto the stairs to avoid the fire. Grinning, she pulled out not one, but two grenades, and pulled their pins.

Waiting... and then she chucked them down the hall. A loud explosion echoed in that part of the building, taking care of one of the trio. The second made a mad sprint to avoid it, and ran right into the spinning barrel of Violen's weapon. She didn't seem to happy with only one of them having the courtesy to die to her explosives.

"Ugh! You were supposed to blow up!"

The bullets peppered the second insurgent, a few more than were necessary as Violen proceeded into the main hall. The third must have slipped into one of the side rooms. One body where she threw the grenades, one behind her, a dropped gun, and a conspicuous door ajar. She could have breached it, or maybe set a trap, but no.

She pulled the pin on another grenade and leisurely tossed it in before yanking the door closed. What followed was some frantic pounding on the door and fruitless attempts to pull it open before a final "you bitch" was halfway uttered, interjected by another audible boom.

Snickering she laid a tripwire by the stairs to cover her tracks and proceeded upwards again, growing closer to where the original firefight was held.

"Hello~ Little sniper~? You alive~? The random guy wants you to play nice and help out~ And if you shoot me while I'm being pleasant I'll blow your sneaky little ass up."

• Spicy
PwMWkqh.png

Interactions: @RedArmyShogun @EmperorsChosen
Mentions:​

"Shit! Shit! SHIT!"

Cursing to himself over the hail storm of destruction all around him. Jack sprinted through the ruined floor of the hospital, just barely managing to save his sorry ass from melting under a shower of plasma. Vaulting over a ruined office table, the next second it was reduced to a pile of dust and splinters. Sweating from the heat and his damaged 0-type helmet. His breath was getting more ragged by the second as the pressure mounted.

Be useful. You're sure one to fucking talk.

Jack berated himself, as he took to the sides of the hospital building once more. Hearing the Flyer give chase it quickly became apparent the thing had the advantage of speed. Rounding the corner of the Hospital it felt like his clothing was melting to his skin as fortune pulled Jack around the building just before a jet of plasma erased him from the spot he was just at. Instead it merely continued into the building across the street, removing several more feet of concrete from the surroundings.

Looking beneath him at the manned teams storming the building, he considered redirecting the Flyer's attacks atop them. Though, concluding he had pushed his luck far enough, he began to aggressively climb the Hospital to gain the high ground. Noting the familiar flash of grenades and gunfire, he quickly tuned into his voice chat with the fashion model from before. (@EmperorsChosen )

"Hey! I gotta another present for yah! I hope you have that thing ready."

Swinging wide and miraculously avoiding sudden and excruciating death once more. Jack swerved into the side of the Hospital floor, letting off a burst from his bullpup into the windows to soften his landing. Tucking into a roll, his body slammed against a broken table and twisted free ending with him rolling onto his side. A moment later Jack's last smoke bomb began to fill the space between him and the Flyer outside as it prepared to launch another volley.

Reactions: Thaleko
@Reanimator Spuds

"Oh?" Bradley was curious as to what the mission was as it didn't sound the like the usual entrance test these squadrons use to filter out competent players. "That won't be necessary, I don't plan on dying and I have tons spares in a warehouse." he politely declined her offer to give him other gear. Over the years, he has grown very accustomed to his own gear and playstyle, so to swap it out for something else would leave him at a disadvantage. "ShadowChasers huh?" he found the name to be quite amusing, reminded him of his younger years of playing other MMOs, but nonetheless he was excited to finally join another squadron.

"So what's the-" his question was immediately cut off when girl decided to drag him by the arm. Reminded him of some the girls during his high school years. Bradley listened to the short "briefing " before agreeing to the mission, but he didn't exactly have much of a choice right now considering he already dragged him all the way out. "Sounds interesting enough, very well ConamiKode, I am in. Now would you kindly let go of my hand, I am pretty sure we can run faster without holding hands." Bradley smiled and accepted the trade offer before turning his attention to the map. "Let's party up, that way you'll get the buff as well." Bradley tapped on the destination on the map, setting it as the "base", immediately giving him and any more of his party members a significant speed boost while moving towards it. "So what can you tell me about situation.?"

Eineomy800 "Eine"
Interactions: AsuraAssult (@kookyboy9 )

Flinching back as the sniper girl growled at him for looking at her messages, Eine let out a half-hearted complaint. "Touchy..." The rest of the sentence caught his attention though, as she gave him a too long didn't read version of that message, presumably. Their offer to replace any lost gear made Eine perk up his eyebrows, if they were offering that, this squadron must be loaded or just really confident in their abilities.

"My goggles are a gift you know, you can't replace gifts from the heart-Hey! Wait for me! Asura!" Eine didn't have time to add that those goggles were made from materials mined from a fallen satellite with aeronautics grade materials, and was going for around 3 million credits on the market as he stumbled a bit, running after the sniper. Shadow Chasers? Looking at the invite, Eine wondered if it was a place full of anti-social loners, it would make sense for them to have their own little club. But he shrugged and accepted the invite anyways.

-------------------

Interactions: General

Onboard the tram, Eine was sitting on the back of a waiting seat, kicking his feet against the rugged chair back. It was the highest place around, it'll have to do. The people around somewhat dismissed his notion of a "team full of anti-social loners". With a few presses of his UI, Eine changed his grey-blue camo to one that matched the sky rendering of the urban dead zone more. The leader, the one that he's seen occasionally in BoB before, mentioned something about another squadron. Is this some sort of interview? He thought for a moment, but soon moved on to thinking about the map of the surrounding zone and where he could drop off from.

The new content was what really caught his attention, Zaskar's anti-datamining measures were at the front of the industry, so players had to figure these things out in the good old-fashioned way. "Are we gonna set up an ambush for them? I love ambushes." Eine hopped up and ran along the seats so he won't be blocked by other people, and followed the squad leader, Deca. Making a somewhat impressive long jump from the waiting seats, grabbing onto one of the tram's rusty handrails and swinging himself in.

Dr. Akita - Deca_Dent
Interactions: all/general

As they finally reach the ruins, a rolling green field and a ruined city lay before them, grabbing a pair of binoculars that Akira had brought with her, Deca stares out over the ruins, it seemed the player advertisement was more or less on the mark, addressing some of the questions on the train now, he speaks up to outline than as well as the plan. "To be spot on, we are recruiting, or trying to three PKer's, then again all of us here have shot a player before.. Well minus maybe some of the new people,

Savage Jack, runs around with a shotgun that is hilariously oversized, he runs a sorta revenge for hire, right Akita?" She nods in response as he continues down the list.

"The Sniper called Ghost Shot, carries a .50, she's pissed off a few people with her sniping. And lastly the heavy gunner Violen."

With that, Akita borrows the bino's thinking about just adding them to her inventory for good, reporting what she had to say.

"The Leader with a couple others is on the main hill directly South East of here, largest one, not hard to see, bet he has some overwatch, keeping an eye on them. Three guys there? If I had to guess from the shots, they got people in some of the buildings nearby and a few grenadiers in the open, maybe near the hill?"

"Yeah, that's what I would guess. Maybe 20 men or so, scattered around, with more on the way. Alright we need to split into three teams, one to go into the building, another to take out the leader and grenadiers and another group to clear out the stragglers."

Nodding in response, Akita speaks up; "And from there we can try tracking down these clues, or getting the hell out of here if too many of them come back. I'm going in to talk to them, PVP'ing around is more your thing, plus I can heal any of the groups if they don't go too far."

"Alright, guess that means I take on the stragglers. Rest of you speak up or join one of the teams. We might need to take out those Bots as well." Deca adds in, checking the slide on his handgun to be sure he chambered a round and the power cell for his optical gun. Once everyone was ready he would head off. His own goal would be to silence the MG's, while Akita's goal was simply to enter the building and hopefully calm down the other three.

~~~

City Group

As the three worked together, or not so much, they did take down a little over half of the assault force, which was now moving in, while the outside Machineguns provided support, something about the assault seemed, stalled. As the two Behemoths patrol on opposite ends of the building, the droids and drones kept to them largely, exchanging fire periodically as one started to return to the spawn zone, its escorts in tow.

The Flyer however, kept it's mecha "eyes" fixed upon the hospital and hovered in place, aiming for the smoke cloud it started to barrage the location. However for the time being the mighty Robot Gunship stays in position, open and free to all.

Q25ZyjF.png

Interacting: @EmperorsChosen

Blush had still been focused on the stairs. Hearing all the noise downstairs, how could you not be? She heard the explosions, the cursing, and whatever else. She narrowed her eyes behind the helmet she wore. It was Violen causing all that ruckus, that much was obvious. Still, seeing the crazed woman come up and then start addressing her was a very unique experience.

Blush -still dressed as her alter ego, Ghost Shot- made herself known by coming out from where she was hiding. Her pistol was aimed right at Violen. "Random guy? You mean Jack?" Her raspy radio-altered voice came out. "Violen. Stay still. Or I'll shoot you between the eyes!" Blush wasn't crazy enough to just trust someone like Violen right off the bat like that.

She sighed. "Don't blow me up, and I won't shoot you. Hm. It's in our best interest to work together, just as Jack said. So... c'mon, lets team up." She lowered her pistol. "But how do we deal with those giant robots?"