Guinea Pig Post-Apocalyptic SciFi Chat RP (Tiberium Universe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SamIO

Howdy! :D

Since I started roleplaying on forums a few years ago, I've learned to appreciate the value of verbose posts and the nice visual appeals a lot of people put together; but I've always been fond of real-time roleplay and that is something I'd like to combine with my current interest in the Tiberium universe. For those that are familiar, I plan on doing something atmospherically similar to Tiberian Twilight; for those that don't, not a lot of people really liked EA's take on the game, so this'll be a fanon-heavy AU anyhow!

I say guinea pig because I've been roleplaying another Tiberium universe arc that essentially predates this proposed setting by something like fifty years — things we do here will probably influence how I lead that party one way or another as my plot ideas mature, and as their implications are explored here. :3

Post-apocalypse usually comes with the assumption that humanity didn't fare too well, but the Tiberium universe is way more optimistic in this regard. Basically, you've got two international superpowers that have, between the two of them, managed to scrape together a significant fraction of the surviving population of the Earth. The rest live in a fairly familiar dog-eat-dog kind of world, but there are places where the apocalypse hasn't affected day-to-day life. I mean, sure, we've been reduced to something like a billion or so, but considering that the death rate's come back down to something sustainable, I say that's pretty good.

Science fiction! While the canon is played out from 1995 to 2077, I reckon the technology level is more akin to 2030 to 2100, and so I tend to put things on that timeline. This variation on the canon sits on that turn-of-the-century period where things are starting to look more like a fledgling space opera and less like a nuclear winter. While the apocalypse has had its setbacks, society never quite collapsed. Orbiting aerospace war vessels are iconic of the leading military power, so you know it's doing pretty well for itself.

Chat roleplay; now this is where things get more tedious and I have to stop blue-skying. I am riding the PDT/GMT-7 wave, but my schedule is fairly open, so the Euro-zone/Africa longitudes may work out if others are able to pull that off, too. I prefer to do spontaneous roleplay rather than regularly-scheduled stuff, but we could probably figure out something regular for everybody to get together and then do smaller-group roleplay sessions spontaneously — I'm hoping to make the setting fairly open to asynchronous development that way.

Anyhow, let me know what you-all think! c:

Status
Not open for further replies.