1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Intermediate
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Alt History, Anything really. It honestly depends on how I'm feeling. I am always up for a good, solid Cyberpunk RP. I'm also up for Crossover RPs.
I didn't see another thread for this, so here we go!

Guilty Pleasures are the things we like doing, but feel somewhat ashamed that we like doing them. According to Wikipedia, it is:

A guilty pleasure is something, such as a film, a television program or a piece of music, that one enjoys despite feeling that it is not generally held in high regard.

These can include food, video games, tv, movies, whatever, as long as it's a guilty pleasure that you partake in.

My personal guilty pleasure is big, dumb, popcorn action films filled with over-the-top fight scenes and explosions.

And by this, I'm not talking about Rambo and other films (though, I like those too.)

I'm talking about films like Michael Bay's Transformers films, or the Resident Evil films. Films people hate, I love to watch them they're so absurd and beautiful.

So, anyone else have any guilty pleasures they'd like to share? This is a judgment free zone.

Sappy love songs have to be my biggest guilty pleasure.

Mostly because I really dislike reading and watching sappy romance and I'm rather vocal about it too.

otome games.

nuff said.

Reactions: Xena Jade
My entire music taste is a guilty pleasure. I listen to that cheesy 80s pop and 90s pop, non-ironically LMAO. It is a guilty pleasure. This is why I don't get the aux cord very often :P

Reactions: Xena Jade
Occult stuff: Things like astrology, palmistry, tarot, and other divination stuff. Even if I recognize there's no scientific basis for any of it, I still know way too much to just be a casual observer.

Romance anime/manga(?): Actually, it's more particular than that, but I don't know how to describe what draws me to it... Things like Wolf Girl and Black Prince, My Little Monster, Nana to Kaoru, Hot Gimmick, and all of Ai Yazawa's works. Super embarrassed when I get caught watching/reading that stuff, but I love it.

Does anyone know how Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within is poorly received by many people? Well, when I think of 'my favorite movie' I think of that, and I've watched it like 6 times. And, remember Tidus from Final Fantasy X, where some people go so far as to say that he ruined the entire game? He's actually a great character in my eyes who didn't detract from the game (Though I do agree making him the 'main character' focus was a little weird when Yuna is there)

These are some of my guilty pleasures. Some of my other guilty pleasures are like, stories/character backstories that are needlessly complex. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward has too many plot twists? NO! IT NEEDS MOOOORREEEEE!!! Make that timeline a tangled yarnball of a mess! Mwahahahahaha!

Reactions: Greenie
My biggest guilty pleasure right now is that I'm stoked for Pass Thru coming out to DVD this month. A friend is poised and ready to buy it at a moment's notice. We will watch it and make fun of it and it will be grand.

Judging others for their guilty pleasures.
Cryptozoology.

Drama
I hate confrontation, it makes me so nervous, but if there's drama going down somewhere else? Ooo gurl what did that bitch say? I recently subscribed to a new lesbian subreddit and it's just been drama every day. I love this shit. It's the greatest.

Also, lots of hurt/comfort fic... so much of it... don't know what it is, but it's my favourite trope. Can't get enough of it.

The following:

"Ecchi" manga that gets recommended to me by friends (though in my defense I don't know it's so until I start reading)

Laffy Taffy

Japanese baseball (specifically the Yakult Swallows)

Adrenaline and speed. Guess those walk hand in hand?

This song. ^_^' Since I don't really like Ariana or Nicki.

Status
Not open for further replies.