GUILDMAKER: A PATHFINDER CHRONICLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have 3 lawful neutrals and a chaotic good...this sounds like a "walk into a bar" joke.

Neutral Good, here. Though it does sound like a walk into a bar joke.

Three Lawful Neutrals walk into the bar and sit down at a table, order their drinks and wait. A few moments later, a Neutral Good individual walks in and offers to buy them each a drink. "We can't," they reply. "It's against our moral code to accept such a thing." Surprised, the Neutral Good character says, "It's against my moral code not to at least offer."
Then two of the Lawful Neutral's headstrong drawbacks flare up at the same time and yell the Neutral Good character out of the bar.

Then the Chaotic Good character orders them all a round of drinks anonymously?

I wouldn't think Malkus's Lawfulness would make him fight over getting a free drink. If someone wants to buy him a drink, fine by him. How if say, this person stole those drinks and offered it to him, Malkus would have an issue with it. He's cool with getting gifts, but he's not cool if they weren't obtained, in a sense, "Honorably".

Plus his code isn't everyone else code: Malkus may be headstrong, but he's not going to beat someone over the head just because they don't live like him. If they do something he detests however, like cheat someone, then expect fists. I intend to play his Lawfulness in the sense that Malkus has a code which he holds towards, but isn't going to expect everyone to follow through with it. He does, however, follow this code rigidly, which occasionally means confronting others whose actions goes against a code he follows, such as hurting innocents or doing something dishonorable. In a way, Malkus is that guy who always make sure the Paladin isn't about to break his own code, despite not really following it himself.

As a rogue, Ivan still holds onto ideals installed into him as a noble. He deals fairly with others, and strives not to cheat - though he's perfectly fine stealing from people who he feels "don't deserve it" or playing silly pranks on people who "wronged" him. He's the sort of guy who'd pick the keys out of a jerk's pocket and place them back in their other pocket just to get the 15-20 seconds of alarm when they reach for their keys. He's also the sort of guy who'd sneak into an enemy camp and swipe their weapons, forcing their surrender without bloodshed.

Dude just foxes at things.

I didn't even notice the two headstrong drawbacks, a beautiful party we have going on here. I'm sure everyone will get along perfectly.

Grumpy updated GUILDMAKER: A PATHFINDER CHRONICLE with a new update entry:

Update The First: We Pathfinder-ing Now

Figured I'd test this swanky-ass new feature out.

Anyway, we're now officially underway for 'Guildmaker'. IC's up and everything, praise the gods and all that.

We're starting things off on a quieter note, with the five characters approaching Oleg's Trading Post. Feel free to have a jabber at each other in-character, do some relationship establishing and all that, then we can move things along to Oleg's.

Where trouble is afoot.

Just in case that wasn't obvious from the title.

Read the rest of this update entry...

GUYS.

YOU GUYS.

I GOT SOME BAD NEWS.

There isn't actually a tavern at Oleg's. Honestly, there isn't much of anything there really. It's a decrepit old fort that's been vaguely patched up and turned into a trading post/boarding house by Oleg and his wife Anna, and whilst I'm sure they'd be willing to sell you guys booze they don't have anything as organised as a tavern. Or customers. You guys are literally it.

I've stuck a map of the place up in the Maps section. Which is something I should have done at the start: muh bad, chums.

GUYS.

YOU GUYS.

I GOT SOME BAD NEWS.

There isn't actually a tavern at Oleg's. Honestly, there isn't much of anything there really. It's a decrepit old fort that's been vaguely patched up and turned into a trading post/boarding house by Oleg and his wife Anna, and whilst I'm sure they'd be willing to sell you guys booze they don't have anything as organised as a tavern. Or customers. You guys are literally it.

I've stuck a map of the place up in the Maps section. Which is something I should have done at the start: muh bad, chums.
Where is the map section at? (sorry if this is a silly question) I don't see it on this thread or the IC one.

Found it.

Whelp. We'll have to make due! Place is a shit hole anyways, so anywhere that we can sit down to drink is going to be a tavern.

Place is completely deserted as far as Malkus can see, @Lucius Cypher. No people, but with that Perception roll he does notice a few hints at signs of life; empty plates stacked on one of the tables, the lingering food on them still fresh.

So just pretend we never mentioned the tavern in our previous posts?

You can edit them out, if you like, or I can upload the Retcon Cannon on them later.

Nothing to worry about. I've not RP'd with many of you before, so it's just a case of us all getting used to one another's styles and then adapting accordingly. Collaborative storytelling, and all that.

Place is completely deserted as far as Malkus can see, @Lucius Cypher. No people, but with that Perception roll he does notice a few hints at signs of life; empty plates stacked on one of the tables, the lingering food on them still fresh.
The perception check was actually to see what sort of things Ivan has on his person, but obvious and hidden.

The perception check was actually to see what sort of things Ivan has on his person, but obvious and hidden.
Ivan looks a lot more mischievous than "shady", as his race allows. He's wearing his bow on his back, his dagger on one hip and a sap tied to his belt. No concealed weaponry. He doesn't need to hide things right now. They're in the wilderness or going there, and it's disarmingly hard to convince a bear that you don't have a dagger on hand or getting it to care that you've hidden it.

He's not a creepy thief, he's a charming trickster.

Everyone is a creep to Malkus until he's beaten them into the appearance and consistency of jam. Don't worry though, he'll mellow out as the adventure continues.

Also, how do we add out bonuses to our dice rolls? I don't know if i rolled a natural 19 or if it's actually a 10 + my Perception (Which is a +9).

Last edited by a moderator:
TEMPLATE
NAME: Finariel Greenleaf
RACE:
Elf
CLASS: Fighter
LEVEL: 1

APPEARANCE:
image.png

OVERVIEW:
His parents having been killed when he was a boy, barely old enough to know them, Finariel was raised in the seedy side of Restov. here, he learned that everything in life has a price; food, services, training: everything.

A bandit traveling through Restov by the name of Kressle took him under her wing and taught him the fine art of banditry. It was when he went on an ambush with Kressle, and all of the men but him were killed, that he found out Kressle a had paid to have the ambush ambushed to kill all of the men. He left her shortly after.

After leaving Kressle's band, he wandered around the country, hiring out his services until he crossed a greedy noble. The noble sent his whole garrison after him. Finariel jumped at the prospect of going into the Greenbelt to get away from those that wanted him dead. He wanted a fresh start; a new life.

He had been trained with a sword since he was able to walk, but he prefers the a hand-and-half sword/long sword hybrid, with the length of a hand-and-half, with the weight of a long sword. He is skilled, but by no means an expert. He keeps his sword in a sheath on his back with the hilt protruding over his right shoulder for an easy draw. He also carries a bow and arrow and a long, curved hunting knife for hunting and skinning animals.

Myth-Weavers Online Character Sheets

Alignment: Neutral Good

(My cs is finished @Grumpy . @Boss Frost helped me with it.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.