Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Futanari
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Medieval, Fantasy, Mechs, Magical Girls, Romance, Action, Fandoms, basically anything fantastic.
This story takes place in an entirely different world from our own, but similar in some ways. The world is Entas, the continent is Urm, the year is 6334. For some time now, the three countries of Venicia, Illae, and Dunn have been in a sort of peace. They've reduced their military force and relied on the Guilds, companies run by the people, to take care of most of their needs. Need a pesky dragon slain? Send in the Guild. Supply lines defended from bandits and goblins? The Guild will do that, for a price. Set your neighbor in line..? Well, everything has a price in this day and age. It's no secret that the Guilds flex their military muscle in favor of one political leaning or another, so long as the gold flows. Third parties like these easily get past things like peace treaties, since officially no action has been taken on the part of a member of the treaty. Unfortunately though, that is about to come to a head. The Guilds have become too big, and the tensions too high. Everybody knows the Guild wars are right around the corner.

You might be asking yourself. Where do you fit into all this? Well, dear reader, for one reason or another, you participate in or regularly collaborate with The Red Lion's Guild, situated in Bahmu, Capitol of Jodunn. Be it for magical or combat training, investigating the secrets of the ruins left behind by the destruction of The Sacred Land, or simply looking to make ends meet, whether you know it or not, you're situated smack dab in the middle of a change of history in the making. What secrets will you find? What changes will you make to shape this world? Join the Red Lions and find out!

So as to not totally clutter the OOC thread here, I've left a lot of lore that you should read here on the page in this link: Lore Page

Before we get to your application, below is a list of expectations/rules/guidelines that should be followed. I will endeavor to keep them brief, so we can get on to the fun bits.​

1. When it comes to posting expectations, I expect all players to post at least a paragraph per post, and at least once a week! Failure to do so may result in you being removed from the RP. We will post in cycles, where active players have a week from whatever my last plot progressing post was to make a post themselves. If they do not, I'll post at the end of the week regardless and your character will be moved to the inactive list.
2. I'm generally giving a lot of leeway here for character creation here, but no one player will be the star of the show, and my calls are final when it comes to what I'll allow for characters. I want you to write your characters (initially) with the hope that they'll slowly build their abilities over time.
3. Any other behavior-related stuff is mostly covered by sight rules, but generally I expect players to be kind and helpful to one another.

There we go, relatively simple! On to the fun stuff.

I want you to write your character sheet as if you're applying for the Red Lion's Guild. You don't need to write in first person or anything, but I want you to put some effort in, as if some Guild Clerk is going to have to read and approve your application.

Before you write your character out, I strongly recommend you take a look at the lore page linked above. There's a map of the country there, lots of info about the world, etc. It'll help you build your character. When it comes to Races, we're pretty vanilla here. You've got Hassokan, Human, and Beastman (seriously, look at the lore glossary for that) and when it comes to magic, I'm giving lots of leeway within reason to come up with your own style of magic use/spells (if you want to use magic at all). There aren't anything like patron gods or demons or whatnot that grant blessings or extra special powers, so the sky's the limit as long as you're using magic from the natural world or within yourself.

Below is the application sheet to fill out at your leisure. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in this thread (not in the lore thread) or DM me!

Name:
Race: (If you're a beastman, fill out the beastman traits section further below, if not, leave it blank/disinclude it from your sheet)
Homeland:
Appearance: (Written or image, if you've got a beastman that can transform, you're welcome to post the image for that as well)
Magic: (If you aren't experienced, feel free to leave it blank)
Beastman Traits: (just a description of what kind of critter your beastman is most like. Monsters are acceptable, but dragons are banned. Wyrms ( similar to dragons, though lacking wings) and Wyverns (not 4 legged, but do have wings, and are a nuisance but not as powerful as dragons) are acceptable.)
History:
Reason for joining: (The Red Lions)

Reactions: Xenotrix Metamorph
Name: Aoife (pronounced Ee-fa)

Race: Human

Homeland: Beastlands

Appearance:

B^DISCOVER_beautiful female viking shaman with blue and black facepaint and an undercut.jpg

Magic: Seidr Shamanism

Aoife's magics are drawn from nature and from fate, dealing with spiritual and physical healing, hexes, and animalism. She can change shape, manipulate the shapes of others, heal, curse others, see the future, and even invoke some forms of blood magic. However, her magic is fueld by her connection to nature, as well as blood, be it her own or otherwise. For everything there is always a price to be paid.

History:

Aoife was raised as a seidr, a type of witch, under the tutelage of her mother. She was adopted into a clan while a young teen and was molded to serve as the clan's shaman. While she never forgave the "hero" that slew her mother, she understood the struggles of the villages who made the request. After all, some of her mother's appetites were frowned upon. A few of which Aoife inherited. In time, she became well known among the tribes of her lands, especially given her humanity. Conflicts among the tribes grew worse over the years, prompting her to seek out new means of establishing herself, and of course, as close to a form of peace as possible

Aoife sought out the Red Lions, offering to aid them in their endeavors with her services and skills. Becoming a member, she would continue her search for power, and the hero that took her mother from her, and more importantly, answers to her questions.

Seeking power, knowledge, acclaim, and revenge.

Last edited:
Name: Thomas Sloan
Race: Human (Betrayer bloodline)
Homeland: Urm's Belt, Dunn
Appearance: (but with regular human ears and red eyes)
de16145337982a17bf1f0796928b3cd8.jpg
Magic:
History:

Sloan had lived a relatively peaceful life in South Gate. There was the usual ensemble of childhood bullies, but it wasn't nearly at the level of persecution someone with red eyes might expect from the most puritanical in Venetia. He also had good friends who also had red eyes to back him up. Sloan learned to laugh at the superstitions of others around him as he grew up to a young man, including that Betrayers experienced misfortune more often than most. Sloan decided to lean into it rather than make it his crutch.

"My misfortune is your good fortune!" became his motto. If there was only so much misfortune around, he would take it happily. He worked hard to defy opinions of him, training to work in the merchant caravans that would pass by the gate, getting an all-round education. The training and his personal life did have its own set of mishaps, but Sloan took it on the chin. His sword slipped out of his grip during some heated sparring against a rival. He said the wrong thing to a lady he was courting and get slapped in the face. But he never laid down and accepted his face. He used his hands and legs to trip and knock down his sparring rival. He returned with flowers to the lady he had scorned.

He could've stayed in South Gate, but he decided set out to join the caravan as a mercenary. The wage started out small, but it was work he wanted to do.

Sloan wants to join The Red Lions so that he can work with them directly rather than depending on his income as a freelancer. He also wants to make connections within the Guild so that he can start his own merchant business and make it rich. With such wealth and fame, he could bring fortune to those downtrodden who believe they have none.

Still very much looking for applicants, if you have any questions that aren't answered in the lore page, don't be afraid to ask me, I won't bite!

Is this alive? If so I'd like to put up a sheet.

Reactions: Flame
Still very much so. I have been waiting for applicants!

I'm heading to bed now, but you're free to ask any questions you please or post a sheet, and I will get to it when I wake up! :>

Still very much so. I have been waiting for applicants!

I'm heading to bed now, but you're free to ask any questions you please or post a sheet, and I will get to it when I wake up! :>
Okay, thanks. I'll probably write up a Hassokan.

On second thought, I'm going with a Beastfolk.

Name: Bluefang the Frostrunner
Race: Beastfolk
Homeland: The Beastlands
Appearance:
23231f52103d476cb2fa305a3c7342d4.jpg

Magic: As her epithet suggests, Bluefang wields the power of the winter storm. She can summon freezing winds that howl as she does, bone-chilling rain, blinding sleet, frost and snow and awful cold. She revels through it all.
Beastman Traits: Wolf - Bluefang has wolf ears, and the smell and hearing of a wolf. She can transform into a large grey wolf with blue fangs and eyes.
History: Bluefang was born to a pack that ranged the frozen Beastlands. Her people have long been riders of the winter storms, but she was a prodigy even among them. Fearless and curious, she chafed at the pack dynamics, especially how her mother Snowpelt kept a strict rein on her. She loved her pack, but she wanted to know about the wider world, to roam the warm lands where the humans lived, to see how they made the marvelous goods that the traders brought. It was a matter of time before things blew up, almost literally - the duel between Bluefang and Snowpelt is still whispered of among the Beastfolk tribes, for the storm ranged fierce and wide for three days and nights. In the end, Snowpelt gave her exhausted daughter her blessing to go and see the world, as long as she vowed never to bring shame to her people.
As a parting gift, Snowpelt bestowed upon Bluefang the paired swords Swiftdoom and Sureguard, the treasures of her pack. Swiftdoom is an ornate straight-bladed longsword that wreathes itself in bright flames; Sureguard a long curved saber that exudes an aura of frost. By and large Bluefang unsheathes only Swiftdoom, finding it sufficient for most purposes, but in times of great peril she can wield both blades at the same time.
Reason for joining the Red Lions: To see the world and shape it, to prove herself the greatest of swordsfolk, and to bring pride to her pack.

Last edited:
@Ariel Sweet! Looking forward to seeing your finished sheet! :>

Reactions: Ariel
Should be pretty much complete. I might edit a few things here and there, but she's playable.

Reactions: Flame
Hi are you still accepting applicants? I'd love to play a Hassokan character!

Name: Zhao Yu (召雨)

Race: Hassokan

Homeland: Hassoku

Appearance:
nZhL-e0UGTQw_E-lhdRzzOtq5u1vtYDsudR8A_2w58XS3ZFtmgIslfLliGaIUtpQYCK3O2JwDX6vVsCR6yswtL0I2ZB3cPuuRh6xpFah2JIvQESnHDWt5LOSwW4Ivch1ncSEY9G618Hc8tHXajnsu1H8ZVS3r43uJu1gC0fKIujFjgRO7td-xsqcgLW43A

Magic: Water manipulation and creation. Able to freely control open sources of water (rivers, lakes, rain, etc.), Zhao Yu can also create water. But to summon water, she must sacrifice a memory of equal value to the amount of water created.

History:
Born into a family of coastal guards, Zhao Yu had a love for the water from a young age. She was raised by her loving family and grew up to be a lively youth. She spent most of her time outside of studying, playing in the sea and learning how to control the water.

Trained to be proficient in a variety of martial arts, Zhao Yun is skilled in hand-to-hand combat, as well as fighting with a staff. The reason for this is the Pilgrimage of Memory. Every water elementalist in the village is expected to go on a journey to see the world when they turn 18. The journey has to last at least a decade, and travellers should strive to make it a memorable one.

The reason for this is to build as many strong and meaningful memories, so when they return to the village, they have sufficient memories to protect the village. Because while manipulation of small quantities of water takes at most a physical toll on the body, for coastal guards who protect the village from the sea, a sacrifice of memory is necessary to control such a large amount of water.

Reason for joining: To make her journey entertaining, Zhao Yu searched for the thrill of battle. After travelling for five years, she eventually came across the Red Lion's Guild. Not only were guilds the centre of any fighting action, they were also a good place to earn money.

Reactions: Ariel and Flame
Still always looking for new applicants. We haven't yet got enough to start, but I think at around 6-8 applicants, I may start. ^^

Hello, I'd like to submit a character if this is open.

Name: Elias Albrecht
Race: Human
Homeland: Jodunn
Appearance: A bespectacled, flaxen-haired man with a cheerful demeanor, despite the perpetual dark circles under his eyes. Elias lacks the poise of a trained fighter, looking more like a merchant or scholar. He has a habit of polishing his glasses when perplexed.

Magic: Elias specializes in psychometry, a form of spirit magic that can discern the history of a given object or structure via physical contact. While useless in combat, this discipline is highly applicable to exploration and research, as it provides him with knowledge to unlock barriers, bypass traps, and operate esoteric technology. In theory, it could also allow the caster to imitate an artifact's power (with various limitations), but he presently lacks the experience to do so.

He possesses a Force Stone, a Geas that can manipulate gravity in the user's surroundings. Its powers include attracting or repelling targets, as well as intensifying or reducing the force of gravity in a given area. Only one of these effects can be active at a time. The stone's mana reserves are finite, and may become depleted after successive uses; this renders the artifact inert for a time as it recharges.

History: Raised in a riverside town near the border of Dunn and Illae, Elias grew up hearing tales of daring expeditions into the desert's ruins. Many of these stories came from his mother, who would leave home for weeks or months at a time before returning with a strange trinket or relic. Meanwhile, Elias's father usually stayed in his workshop, where he researched the items that his wife brought back from her travels. These included a dagger that sparked with lightning, a book whose text erased and rewrote itself, a chalice that could turn almost any liquid into wine, and a rock that made things float in the air.

It was hardly surprising, then, that Elias became fascinated with the remnants of a bygone era. He learned magic to delve the secrets of the past, and smuggled himself across the border on several occasions, acquainting himself with passing adventurers and treasure hunters. By his mid-twenties, Elias had joined a number of successful excavations, though none yielded anything beyond the class of Divulgatus. He decided he would need more resources and stronger allies in order to make significant discoveries, and with that in mind, set off for Bahmu.

Reason for joining: To investigate the ruins of what was once the Sacred Land.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ariel and Flame