Guide Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shadedflames

Original poster
Hello there! You can call me Shade, Shaded, or Flames. Any of those works for the most part. I am very new to rp. Haven't done any since many years ago on Gaia. I will be looking for guidance and advice as I learn and grow on here with all of you.

I am willing to try just about any RP type and will do my best to be active and detailed. Again please bear with me as I grow. I am not familiar with using any coding so my posts will just be the generic text posts. Hopefully that is acceptable for now.

Anyways long story short I am new and I look forward to interacting with you all.

-Shadedflames

Hi Shade, welcome to Iwaku.

If you're looking for some guidance and advice then I have the perfect thread for you: check out the Newbie Care Package, a program recently started by some of Iwaku's staff members to help get new people acclimated to the site and to help them with the ins and outs of roleplaying if desired.

Oh, and as for coding, we've got some nice guides on that in our Content sections. Sen's Beginner's Guide to the Rich Text Editor is a great starting place to learn what all those buttons do, and Hana's guide on Roleplaying Aesthetics is a perfect followup to help you figure out how best to make use of said buttons to make posts that look awesome.

Hopefully that'll get you all settled in and ready to roleplay. :)

Reactions: ™ T A K E N O B U
Hi there, Shaded, and welcome to Iwaku.
You've gotten some pretty solid links from Jorick (especially that newbie care package thing, since you say you're brand new to this!) but I have a few others.
There's the Help Desk here where people with persistent problems go to get help (in case you run into trouble, you can check and see if someone solved it or create a new thread).
The roleplay in character and out of character have two different areas, so I'll toss you the OOC section link so you can start looking at open roleplays!

If you need any help, just ask!

Reactions: ™ T A K E N O B U
Hello @Shadedflames! Welcome to Iwaku! I hope you enjoy your stay!

Hi Shade! ^o^ I hope Iwaku becomes the perfect new home for you!

Hello hello, @Shadedflames! ^^ Welcome to Iwaku, I hope you have fun with us here. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to message me and my fellow staffies - we're the peeps with the red names. If you're seeking to roleplay with only one partner, this section has lots and lots of people looking to find partners! You can also create your own request thread. ^^

Since Jorick already listed some guides on how to format your posts, allow me to refer you to our BB Codes page and our test chambers. You can test out as much stuff and codes as you want in our test chambers.

I hope to see you around the forums and enjoying your time here~

Heya, Shade! Welcome to Iwaku. I wouldn't worry to much about your text posts being plain, the BBcodes are way easier to understand once you practice a bit (besides everyone here is hecking nice, so I'm sure if you ask anyone they'll be more than happy to lend a helping hand, myself included). Although a couple of other people already listed some useful links I suggest checking out Role-play Mechanics as a whole. There are a couple of useful guides pinned to the top for quick access (some have already been mentioned). As for growing try checking out Interest Checking & Creation.

I look forward to seeing you post! Sorry to dump some more links on you, I have no clue how Gaia functions role-play wise. Henkhenk.

Heya, Shade! Welcome to Iwaku. I wouldn't worry to much about your text posts being plain, the BBcodes are way easier to understand once you practice a bit (besides everyone here is hecking nice, so I'm sure if you ask anyone they'll be more than happy to lend a helping hand, myself included). Although a couple of other people already listed some useful links I suggest checking out Role-play Mechanics as a whole. There are a couple of useful guides pinned to the top for quick access (some have already been mentioned). As for growing try checking out Interest Checking & Creation.

I look forward to seeing you post! Sorry to dump some more links on you, I have no clue how Gaia functions role-play wise. Henkhenk.
So much knowledge to learn! Yay!!

Reactions: Vivian
Hello Flames! Yes I shall call you flames >D cause that awesome! hehe. I am Touch of Insanity or Insanity for short! I hope we are able to help you grow in both coding and writing in your amazing adventures here! I welcome you to our wonderful side and hope you have all the fun! If you ever have any questions feel free to PM me (though mind you I'm not much of a coder myself >>) or if you just wanna chat feel free to hit me up as well! You can also find me hanging around our chatrooms! Hope to see you around!

Hey Shade.
2cs8jns.png

I'm a little late to the party here, but I hope my input is just as welcome as the others!
Seeing as your new, I'd totally suggest heading on over to the "Newbie Care Package" thread - it's brand new and filled with a bunch of 'welcome-committee-type' staff members who are here to help and have some free goodies to give away as well!

Also, here are some helpful links to some threads to get you started :D
Help Desk - HELP DESK
Interest Checking & Creation - INTEREST CHECKING & CREATION
Seeking One on One Partners - SEEKING ONE ON ONE PARTNERS
Terms & Rules - Terms of Service and Rules | IwakuRoleplay.com
BB Codes - BB Codes | IwakuRoleplay.com

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me at any time ^-^
Have fun!
♥♥​

Hi! and Welcome to Iwaku!
And don't worry about being new ^_^ Everyone starts somewhere and Iwaku has lots of resources and people to help you grow ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.