• Yeah...

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No!

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • It isn't I just can't guess cities!

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
lol, alright, I have a HARD ONE....

One that is SOO BUTTSBUTTSHARD, that it comes with a BONUS POINT QUESTION!!! (see below pic):

GUESS THE CITY:
1280x.jpg

[BCOLOR=#ffff00]Bonus Point Question: What was this famous industrial city's prime export and most manufactured good up to this day?[/BCOLOR]​
Pretty sure this is Dortmund, Germany. (Late reply is late)

• Love
Reactions: Nue
Pretty sure this is Dortmund, Germany. (Late reply is late)
no it is not, but good guess though, and seriously, thanks for actually replying to the RIGHT CITY

you know, this was a whole lot popular on the other forums! come on guys, you can do this!

... The picture say that shows an area - to be precise Duisburg - in Ruhr (also known as Ruhrpott) during night (that much German I do know). Rhur(pott) is not a city but an urban AGGLOMERATION - a large urban area made out of several cities. By any definition it ain't a city. So or the picture is incorrect or Robbel guessed correctly with Duisburg.

Reactions: SlamifiedBuddafied
... The picture say that shows an area - to be precise Duisburg - in Ruhr (also known as Ruhrpott) during night (that much German I do know). Rhur(pott) is not a city but an urban AGGLOMERATION - a large urban area made out of several cities. By any definition it ain't a city. So or the picture is incorrect or Robbel guessed correctly with Duisburg.
That is quite accurate.

It is incorrect, I am using my little knowledge of Germany to trick you guys but that's a shame 9 wrong guess only one more guess left!!!!

Oh sorry 4 guesses left

I found the online gallery (a German site) which is the only place where the picture in question exists (I used Google Images search by image function) and it says Ruhrpott bei Nacht, with a short comment to the beautiful colors of the sunset. The only tags for the image are landscape (on German) and Duisberg. LINK: http://galerie.chip.de/k/still-life-technik/industrie/ruhrpott_bei_nacht/207512/

To add a final proof there are a few pictures from the Duisburg collection taken from Wikimedia
800px-Stahlwerk_Duisburg_Bruckhausen_bei_Nacht.jpg

This complex (from the name Stahlwerk - I guess that this is a steelworks) is too similar to the one in the right central area of your image. Hell even the colors, number and placing of the lights on the steel furnaces is the same.

1280x.jpg

See the similarity? Don't forget the different angle and all?

There is also this complex that is quite similar to the one on the left area of your picture - here:
Kraftwerk_Walsum157110.jpg

And to end. Why is this rotation device so familiar to me?

Duisburg.JPG

I think that this proves that the picture is indeed of the City of Duisburg.

I don't know where you did find it and what did it say it was but this three images when compared to the one you given, plus the gallery - the source of this picture - point that it said wrong and the picture is what it is - a sunset panorama of a part of Duisburg.

Oh fuck me , I meant for it to be Salzgitter, Germany, but you give a valid point

Soo close *waves arms in frustration*

Your turn, plus extra point for me being wrong.

Actually it should be Robbel - he who said Duisburg first - who puts up the next city, but if he doesn't show up I will put up a city.

Id rather
Actually it should be Robbel - he who said Duisburg first - who puts up the next city, but if he doesn't show up I will put up a city.
we did someone more active, if he IS online recently, he can do it, but I think we be just doing this for fun now, so anyone can go.

@Robbel
@gamer5
@DGraves

I found the online gallery (a German site) which is the only place where the picture in question exists (I used Google Images search by image function) and it says Ruhrpott bei Nacht, with a short comment to the beautiful colors of the sunset. The only tags for the image are landscape (on German) and Duisberg. LINK: http://galerie.chip.de/k/still-life-technik/industrie/ruhrpott_bei_nacht/207512/

To add a final proof there are a few pictures from the Duisburg collection taken from Wikimedia
800px-Stahlwerk_Duisburg_Bruckhausen_bei_Nacht.jpg

This complex (from the name Stahlwerk - I guess that this is a steelworks) is too similar to the one in the right central area of your image. Hell even the colors, number and placing of the lights on the steel furnaces is the same.

1280x.jpg

See the similarity? Don't forget the different angle and all?

There is also this complex that is quite similar to the one on the left area of your picture - here:
Kraftwerk_Walsum157110.jpg

And to end. Why is this rotation device so familiar to me?

Duisburg.JPG

I think that this proves that the picture is indeed of the City of Duisburg.

I don't know where you did find it and what did it say it was but this three images when compared to the one you given, plus the gallery - the source of this picture - point that it said wrong and the picture is what it is - a sunset panorama of a part of Duisburg.
I got the picture from a journalist site, says she went to Salzgitter, so hence why I was looking for Salzgitter as the answer and not Duisburg, sorry really screwed up that time, remind me to not go around Germany for cities next time ;) SOO MUCH CONFUSION!!!

Slazgitter - trough it does have some steelworks is probably better know for the concentration camp that there was in WWII and that a multitude of Germany's finest companies have facilities there (IKEA, MAN, Bosch, Volkswagen and Reichswerke Hermann Göring - today Slazgitter AG). Not for steelworks and it ain't even in Ruhr. You really should check Wikipedia before putting a city you have no idea about~.

Well to move along.

Guess the city:

wBSFrXX.jpg

Go ahead. After five guesses I will give a hint to help!

Incorrect but close ...

Considering the color of the water, I say this is the Mediterranean sea. Looking at the land scape, it is clearly not the African nor Asian side of the sea. Narrowing it down further, France and Spain fall off as well. Taking in that the landscape is hilly, only a view options for the correct country is left. Since my last guess was close, it probably is a major port in the balkans. So, taking in all that, my next guess is; Rijeka, Croatia.

I have clearly played too much Geoscaper.