Guardians of Time (ONLY ONE SLOT LEFT! JUST STARTED!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just post when you can, Nightstalker. <3 don't need to rush or get irritated if you can't for a while, we'll keep the slot open for you through the rp. <3 Just let us know if something major comes up for a while.

Will do. Here is something. I'm going to Isreal on the 24th of this month so don't expect me to post a whole lot.

....I need to make a slight correction...

I said Lawkheart was creating the new IC...
It's Nightstalker. XD

Sorry about that! XD

but since we have some guys here already, I guess we can go ahead and post in same IC thread for now until you get a new one up, Nightstalker... x_x;;;

Bare with me guys...

We can resume this now.

Anyone can go ahead and post. Same IC thread. Same OOC thread,
Though we will need someone to take on Rinoa's part?
Or do you think we can go without her character?

Maybe someone can just take up leader?
We'll figure this out...I promise...

Sorry about the confusion! ...
I've never gone through this with an RP before, so I'm getting confused and mixed up as all hell. x__x;

EDIT:
Once a new IC thread is up, Nightstalker, would you mind setting up a new OOC thread with the same Character Sheet fill outs? I Have a feeling that we're losing players and will need more... >>

Unless you guys want to hold back on the IC, start a new OOC thread, redo the charactersheets, etc?
Just restart everything?

I need answers, opinions, debates, something! D: ;_;
My mind is about to asplode. >>

If you give me a couple hours I will post a GM post in the IC thread. Since RInoa is gone, I think we shal fal directly onto the Prime, Rinoa's charactr since she is gone, wil inevitably be killed off in this battle.

I'll put up the new IC thread in the next couple of days. I have an oral test for my Japanese language course today, so I should be able to post it by Friday the latest. I'll let you guys know if anything comes up and causes me to delay the creation of the new threads.

The new OOC thread for Guardians of Time is now up.

do you mind throwing us a link in here? Think it'll be easier, too.

Oooooh! Oooooh! Still! Must! JOOOIN! Please?

EDIT: WOOT! CS posted! Please is it not too late for me to join? <adorable puppy="" eyes="">

--

Name: Veloxa Obscurum
Name Translation: Fast Darkness
Nickname: Vel

Appearance: Veloxa has bright, captivating white-grey eyes that turn a thunderous, stormy charcoal when she is angry, and straight, thick dark hair that gleams violet. She is unusually tall and usually wears a grumpy expression.
Clothing: Veloxa's thick clothing is waterproof but especially vulnerable to fire, and though it has a slightly metallic exterior to maintain body heat, this may serve to protect against a few arrows but certainly not bullets or steel.
Picture: here Attire: here (but minus the gaping cleavage)

Personality: Vel is furious with Dr. Sledge for creating the Seekers – and the Guardians. She blames him for all the havoc his work has caused, and feels like the Guardians were Dr. Sledge's last hope at chasing away his own feelings of guilt. Veloxa envies real people, "mortals", for their proper families and place in the world. She feels disposable and though she secretly yearns for paternal affection, she forcefully separates herself from these desires as she knows they can never come true. Fighting her abandonment issues every step of the way, Vel directs her attention forwards, sparing little time for self-indulgence and niceties, getting her mission done as quickly and effectively as possible, and not really enjoying the process much. She is terrified of what will happen to the Guardians once all the Seekers have been disposed of; also, she worries about Dr. Sledge and what else he may be devising in that twisted mind of his.

Mutations: night vision, hypnotic eyes
Powers: night vision, hypnotic eyes, laser needles, escalators

• Night Vision: Night vision has been "built" into her eyes surgically using nanotechnology. When Vel chooses to, she can press the index finger of each hand hard against her temple, and it will activate the night vision nanites, which immediately allow way more light to enter the eye. This considerably dilates the pupil, making her eyes look almost completely black.
• Weaknesses: Veloxa's night vision is very literal – it only works perfectly if she is surrounded by total darkness, and when activated during daytime, it makes her practically blind. Even in to'dark (as Vel abbreviates it), her vision is, though sharp and detailed, monochromatic. If there is moonlight or starlight around, since the light shed from these sources are so far away, it does not totally disable her night vision, though if she chooses to turn it on, her artificial eyesight will be blurrier and suffer from less contrast than usual.

• Hypnotic Eyes: Not only do the nanites in Vel's eyes serve to provide her with night vision, they can expel light waves out of the eye, not just into it, giving them a distinctly luminous and shimmering appearance. A weak-minded person caught in this gaze may find themselves paralyzed and unable to break eye contact, seemingly incapable of formulating a single thought. The even feebler are often troubled with disorientation and amnesia for several minutes after Vel has broken eye contact.
• Weaknesses: Vel needs to spend at least five minutes around the victim without hypnotizing him/her for the power to be significantly strong. (Each time Veloxa hypnotizes the victim, if even for a second, the clock restarts.) While she hypnotizes, eye contact must not be broken or the flow of telepathic power between her and her victim will be interrupted and she will need half an hour or more to recover. Also, hypnotism only works to an extremely limited degree on strong-willed humans. Since the Seekers are so easily trapped into their vengeful and angry emotions, they are easy to hypnotize, but the Seekers are intelligent about being manipulated and very wary of the trick. Other Guardians, being pure and determined, are virtually immune to hypnotism.

• Escalators: Veloxa has an escalator on each foot. The escalator is a machine attached to Vel's foot that consists of several dozen short, see-through valves attached to a similarly transparent sheet of material that is remarkably resilient and molds to the foot (or footwear) easily. The valves can expel gathered air and cause Vel to levitate several feet off the ground for around 3-5 minutes at a time.
• Weaknesses: The valves can only hold so much air in storage, and once they expel the average of 4 minutes of levitation time, they need around 6 hours to restore the air needed for 1 minute of levitation. Also, though the valves are pliable and tough, well-suited to travel across most any terrain, they do occasionally crack, and sometimes even melt. They are most vulnerable to moisture and cold weather, as snow and frost will quickly accumulate and freeze the valve openings shut.

• Laser Needles: Built into her spandex gloves are hidden compartments for these laser needles, both along the hem, running along the sides of her wrist and arm all the way up to her elbow, and beneath all ten fingers, amounting to a total of about 34. These needles use Vel's body heat as fuel and gather the warmth for the laser beams as well. The lasers from the needles are pale lavender in color, and their vibration emits a low, dull hum (as opposed to the blaring buzz of a larger laser). Their primary function is pretty much that of a knife, except that they can slice through way more material, and the cuts are more accurate. The activation button for the needles is, curiously, located on her right molar, which she must repeatedly grind back and forth at least three times to effectively press it (diminishing the risk of activating the needles accidentally at an inopportune time – such as during a meal).
• Weaknesses: Only six lasers at once are automatically activated – her right and left index fingers, middle fingers and ring fingers. The others are mainly for storage, as these six may snap off randomly. However, Veloxa can remove one or more of the six lasers and replace them with a laser at a different location, therefore making that laser now active and one of the standard automatic six inactive. However, this rarely comes in handy. Additionally, the lasers are not very useful as a weapon – they are as thin as a very thin hair and take time to cut through many layers; thus, they must be trained on one spot for quite some time (as in, 10-15 minutes) before they can actually do serious damage. Still, they can come in handy for cutting bread, severing rope, or "wounding" an opponent with a few practically harmless (but painful!) shallow cuts.

Weapons: hypnotic eyes, laser needles, poison pins, daggers, gun

Fighting Style:

• Hypnotic Eyes
– See "Powers" description.

• Laser Needles – See "Powers" description.

• Poison Pins – Stashed all over her jumpsuit and tied, taped or glued to her skin at various practical locations are poison pins, tiny darts tipped with liquids most people would not want injected in them – the majority are colored blue, indicating a sedative, but a few are a bright yellow, signaling that this dart contains a toxin, the properties of which could range anywhere from producing unwelcome rumblies in the tumblies to causing temporary blindness, convulsions or intense pain. There are two red-colored poison pins, one on Vel's left wrist and the other in the crook of her back. These are basically several strong toxins combined, their power multiplied to become potentially fatal. Still, it's difficult to shoot a pin at an opponent and actually get the fragile little things to stick into the skin long and deep enough to expel their contents into the victim's bloodstream. Even then, depending on the potency of the dart and how much fluid entered the blood (and how fast the contaminated blood was spreading throughout the rest of the body), it can take 60-90 seconds or more for the fluids inside to take effect.

• Daggers – Veloxa's primary weapon of immediate defense is a dagger. Made of sheer, resilient futuristic steel, her three daggers of choice (one short, one long and one broad) can even deflect bullets (though it would leave a severe dent in the blade and ruin the weapon; also, it's highly unlikely that it could provide the ample coverage necessary to protect Vel from being shot at and hit if the situation arose). Veloxa is most skilled at close-range combat, and loves to fight with a dagger in each hand, cutting down an opponent's defenses while trying to distract or expose them long enough to use a poison pin upon them – or perhaps make use of her hypnotic eyes.

• Gun – This is a standard and slightly old-fashioned gun that Veloxa loathes, but she keeps it in her belt just in case long-range is necessary. She finds guns despicable and prefers fighting face-to-face; she hasn't practiced much with it and though her aim is experienced from five years using poison pins and daggers, her shooting is below average and she will avoid using this weapon as much as possible.</adorable>

Status
Not open for further replies.