Online Availability
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Writing Levels
  1. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Political intrigue, fantasy, futuristic, sci fi lite, superheroes, historical fiction, alternate universes. Smittings of romance, but only as side plot.

Guardians of Floor Fifteen
a superhero storyline

⟫⟫ HOOK ⟪⟪

Welcome to the Stage Coach Lofts - Charming refurbished apartments, overlooking the Philadelphia Skyline. Whether you're looking for a studio starter, a one or two bedroom, or you'd like to experience our community living floors, you're bound to love the luxury, convenience and quality. Gorgeous views, an in-house gym and café, a stunningly manicured courtyard...

...And let's not even mention the team of masked superheroes living on the top floor…

Seriously. Don't mention it.​

In Guardians of Floor Fifteen, you will play one of the Star Fallen Guardians. There are two initiatives to which you can belong - detailed below (La Maschere and the A.E.G.I.S. are, as of now, not available for PC roles). While this is meant to be largely a tongue-in-cheek, light spirited RP, there will be elements of thematic nature as well as intense or dramatic situations playing out. That being said, @KatSea's and my goal is fun over edge, so with that in mind, take a peek and let us know if you're interested!

⟫⟫ HISTORY ⟪⟪

The life of a superhero has never been so rent controlled. Guardians of Floor Fifteen is a quirky new take on a superpowered storyline, following the life of several heroes, fighting the forces of evil in between communal laundry and that nosy old cat lady down the hall.

But these aren't your run-of-the-mill heroes. The Guardians haven't been bitten by radioactive bugs or developed an odd intangibility after an accident at the old power plant… Their powers stem from items passed down through time…

During the Renaissance period, known to few and far between, a mysterious event occurred when a shooting star fell to earth and a select few were endowed with spectacular supernatural abilities. It was Galileo who first witnessed and then mapped the fallen star's trajectory, discovering the village where the extraordinary event took place. Those that were made aware of this occurrence were tasked by the Medici family to aid these gifted individuals to harness and utilize their newfound abilities for the good (and power) of the Republic of Florence.

Under the patronage of Lorenzo de'Medici, Leonardo da Vinci designed tokens… items imbued with energy from the original sources of this phenomenon, in order to mask the abilities in natural light. Meanwhile, both Marco Polo and Christopher Columbus were given the task of locating a land where these gifted few could thrive and even multiply their numbers.

Unfortunately following the Pazzi conspiracy, when Giuliani de'Medici was slain, it became apparent the Medici families intentions were both known and unwelcome. Warned by Pope Sixtus IV that their work was the heretical manifestations of madness and that they would not be tolerated within the Papal States, their efforts were eventually thwarted following Lorenzo's death when his son Pierro's incompetence resulted in the expulsion of the Medici family from power.

With their legacy, so too did the Guardian initiative fall into obscurity. The items, crafted by da Vinci remained the only evidence of the strange phenomenon…

In time, these items became family heirlooms, passed generation to generation, amongst loved ones and trusted allies, their true purposes known only by those responsible for upholding the Guardian's Vow to protect those in need and honor the gifts bestowed upon them…

Or at least, that's what we thought.

⟫⟫ MECHANICS ⟪⟪

The meteor that fell to earth the night of Galileo's discovery was no ordinary hunk of space rock. While it appeared to be little more, it was, in fact, an escape vessel from a very distant planet, thousands of solar systems away from earth. This vessel contained a spore-like creature, now known only as Star Fallen. In order to survive, these spores required a host, and in the small village of Soteriazza, they found exactly what they needed.

Their intentions, however, went no further than survival, and when it became clear that cohabitational symbiosis, benefitting the host in several miraculous ways, was their goal, the Medici plan was set into motion. In order to protect the hosts, da Vinci developed a way that could allow the creatures to take residence in their tokens, and allow the host an ordinary, mundane lifestyle until such an item was utilized. Over time, code phrases and names were developed, to avoid confusion and 'costumes' were provided for protection. These names and phrases and the designs of the costumes have changed through the ages as new hosts were designated, but the abilities the symbiotic spores instills and the general nature of the host source endure.

The costumes adapt to small aesthetic changes of the current age, but one aspect has also remained a fixed feature - that of a Venetian mask, the token designed by Da Vinci, encouraged to protect the identity of the host. These masks vary in appearance, but appear to have been the original designs of those back in the 15th century.

The abilities the Star Fallen gift vary as well, though they appear (as the costumes do) to fall in line with the vocation of the original host source. Generally each host appears to possess at least three concrete powers - based on the physical, mental and spiritual - suggesting the Star Fallen provided a well rounded understanding of the biological and neurological condition of its source.

⟫⟫ ORGANIZATIONS ⟪⟪

THE GUARDIAN FORCE INITIATIVE |
A team of heroes - gifted with Tokens possessing the abilities of the Star Fallen. Most are direct or indirect descendants of those from the 15th Century, though over time, the items were occasionally passed outside of familial lines for protection or other extenuating circumstances. On rare occasions, these items were stolen, though generally at random. Eventually, through an offshoot of the Medici line, the Guardian Force became a sanctioned project, tasked by the U.S. government towards protecting the citizens. Their base of operations exists in Philadelphia, PA.

THE CUSTODIANS |
An unsanctioned branch of Guardians - Vigilantes, who believe the GFI is a government ploy for control and power, similar to that of the Medici family in the 15th century. These Guardians work within the shadows, undermining the government authority and those within the GFI who believe in the system.

LA MASCHERE |
Translated from Italian, meaning The Masks - a group comprised of disillusioned or dissolute men and women in possession of Guardian Tokens, led by a mysterious figure known only as Arlecchino or The Harlequin.

A.E.G.I.S. |
The Authorized Execution of the Guardian Insurrection Sect - or AEGIS is an organization stemmed from the lineage of the Knights Templar -- radicals, who believe it was the original intent of Sixtus IV to wipe out the Guardian force entirely. While the Aegis do not possess supernatural abilities, this particular branch is well equipped and the members within undergo intense training.

⟫⟫ NPCs ⟪⟪

Kicking butt and taking names... But only after we ask real nice first!

-- Babydoll

NAME | Hazel Baker

AGE | Twenty-three

CODENAME | Babydoll

HOST SOURCE | Child

POWERS | Weapon formulation | Mental subversion | Sad-Puppy

DRAWBACK | Because of the childlike nature of her Host Source, Hazel has difficulties balancing both aspects of her personality and can on occasion be quite gullible and naïve, or reckless, not always understanding the ramifications of her actions. She's easily excitable and has difficulty maintaining focus for long.

BIO | Babydoll is sugar, spice and... well, did we mention sugar? We'll just end it right there. A perky and excitable attitude pretty much makes up a great portion of her abilities, though the capacity to pull weaponry out of thin air is nice, too, and let's not even mention that charming smile. She'll have you wrapped around her pinkie finger, one way or another.

Though she could do all that without all the crinoline and bows...

Trust me... I don't believe it, either...

-- Harry Rupnik

NAME | Harrison 'Harry' Rupnik

AGE | Twenty-three

CODENAME | Centurion

HOST SOURCE | Soldier

POWERS | Form alteration | Strength | Iron Will

DRAWBACK | Following the use of his abilities, Harry is exceptionally drained, often experiencing fatigue like symptoms.

BIO | Harry Rupnik, the bespectacled history major, isn't exactly what one pictures when they say the word 'superhero'. But what he might lack in... well, everything, he makes up for in spirit. That, and transforming into a six-foot-five pile of muscle, grit and sharp, pointy objects certainly doesn't hurt (not him, anyway).

Now if only he had a superpower that made it easier to talk to girls...

Rules are meant to be obeyed... except when they don't work for anyone but the bad guys, then screw the rules.

-- Beck

NAME | Rebecca 'Beck' Collins

AGE | Thirty-three

CODENAME | The Supervisor

HOST SOURCE | N/A

POWERS | Sheer determination

BIO | Fed up with government interference, Beck's grandfather was the first to pry a branch from the Guardian Force Initiative to form the rogue operation of vigilantes known as the custodians. With a legacy passed down through her family, Beck Collins has the great and terrifying responsibility of corralling the team, now, a job the former government agent wouldn't trade for anything...

Even if it does complicate the home life a tad.

Holy crap, it worked? I mean, of course it did, I came up with it

-- Arthur

NAME | Arthur Ruth

AGE | Twenty-four

CODENAME | Noble

HOST SOURCE | Astronomer

POWERS | Astral Manipulation (Energy) | Astral Projection | Grounded

DRAWBACK | Following the use of his abilities, Arthur is often subject to fatigue, nausea, bruising and intense headaches.

BIO | Arthur Ruth, an aspiring science fiction author with a caffeine addiction and questionable sleeping patterns, never imagine he'd toss on spandex and get his ass kicked on the daily. And he loves it. Gig gets him admiring ladies? Check. Badass powers? Check. Motivation to get over procrastination and get a self satisfying career? Working towards it. Right now Arthur just has to hide his love for physics and how much he sucks at video games...and his secret identity of course, but he's not too worried about it.

I can't hear you, you're dead to me.

-- Esther

NAME | Esther Jones

AGE | Twenty-two

CODENAME | Morbid

HOST SOURCE | Undertaker

POWERS | Healing | Spirit Summoning | Stealth

DRAWBACK | Because of her connection to the deceased, often times after using her powers, Esther is inundated by hallucinations, or else hears voices in her head. She is also generally quite cold to the touch.

BIO | All you need is sunshine, God and a morbid sense of humor to get through the day! Esther is all about living up to her name and being a good role model for the kiddos she teaches. She always makes sure to look both ways before crossing the street and dragging a masked villain along the concrete. She'll always be sure to listen to you; no matter your living status. You matter to her, she's not agist.

You break it, you pay for it.

-- Micah

NAME | Micah Charmichael

AGE | Thirty-Four

CODENAME | Chief

HOST SOURCE | N/A

POWERS | Patience

BIO | Micah was born to lead GFI. Well, third in line. Taking his family's legacy very seriously after a comedy of errors befell his family, known as the Carmichael Curse, Micah holds himself to high standards. Stern but patient, Micah looks forward to see the next generation of heroes rise to the occasion. He just hopes his home life doesn't fall under the curse of his namesake

Last edited:
You can count me as interested, this looks like a fun take on supers! ^^

• Thank You
Reactions: Elle Joyner
I'm incredibly interested in the concept thus far but I'm struggling to read anything on mobile, haha.

I'll check it out further when I'm home from work.

I mean as long as I can play a Luke Cage/Jessica Jones/She-Hulk/Kryptonian-esque type character, I'm game.

I'm incredibly interested in the concept thus far but I'm struggling to read anything on mobile, haha.

I'll check it out further when I'm home from work.

I mean as long as I can play a Luke Cage/Jessica Jones/She-Hulk/Kryptonian-esque type character, I'm game.

If you hace a smart phone and turn it sideways it shoooould orient better haha! The struggle of pretty!

What specifically are you thinking as far as those character types? It's more than likely something we can work through but I'd like to keep it from being too OP!

If you hace a smart phone and turn it sideways it shoooould orient better haha! The struggle of pretty!

What specifically are you thinking as far as those character types? It's more than likely something we can work through but I'd like to keep it from being too OP!

I'm home now so I'll be taking a better look at all the info.

But like honestly I'm just a fan of playing physically strong characters, the potential for them to have like some sort of "rage" mode or "other" form sounds like fun too. I'm willing to work out details with you so that the balance of the character is to your satisfaction.

I'm home now so I'll be taking a better look at all the info.

But like honestly I'm just a fan of playing physically strong characters, the potential for them to have like some sort of "rage" mode or "other" form sounds like fun too. I'm willing to work out details with you so that the balance of the character is to your satisfaction.

Nice! We can totally discuss! Feel free to DM me any ideas/questions too! I'll try to get a sheet starter up this week!

Sounds like a lot of fun!

I haven't seen the show, but this interest check reminds me of the ads I used to see on YouTube for The Umbrella Academy. Looking over Wikipedia now, the concept is super similar, as far as the origin of the alien spores goes and what became of them.

Seriously though, Guardians looks like it would be a blast to RP. I would be honored to participate. It's pretty brilliant how y'all threw the Italian Renaissance into the fray and used it to pave the way to the modern era, adds a wonderful touch. I've been telling people for years now the DC comics should have put Superman in a venetian mask instead of spandex, but nobody listened to me. Now they'll see.

• Haha
Reactions: Elle Joyner
You had me at the Medicis. I'd love to play a descendant of Caterina Sforza, the "Tigress of Forli".

You had me at the Medicis. I'd love to play a descendant of Caterina Sforza, the "Tigress of Forli".

Unfortunately as cool as that would probably be, particularly involving superheroes, the descendants wouldn't really be relations of the Medici family or that ilk, but rather descendants of the villagers who were originally chosen by the alien entities.

That said, illegitimate (fictional) descendants are something possible we could discuss!

Last edited:
Sounds like a lot of fun!

I haven't seen the show, but this interest check reminds me of the ads I used to see on YouTube for The Umbrella Academy. Looking over Wikipedia now, the concept is super similar, as far as the origin of the alien spores goes and what became of them.

Seriously though, Guardians looks like it would be a blast to RP. I would be honored to participate. It's pretty brilliant how y'all threw the Italian Renaissance into the fray and used it to pave the way to the modern era, adds a wonderful touch. I've been telling people for years now the DC comics should have put Superman in a venetian mask instead of spandex, but nobody listened to me. Now they'll see.

I've not seen Umbrella Academy myself but that's a pretty fun comparison haha! Ironically, some of our inspiration comes from the show Miraculous, that I totally pretend my kids watch... Even if it's totally sucked me in, instead.

And thank you! Pretty proud of the tie ins! My hubs is a huge Da Vinci fan, and he's always sharing tidbits of info, so I figured I'd put that knowledge to use!

As it is, sign ups should be available shortly!

Reactions: marcy

Sign ups are live. Be sure to read through the rules and information provided. Sign ups officially start Wednesday but feel free to post WIP (please don't post anything but character sheets in the sign up thread, however). Kate and I won't be judging sheets till the first week of December, so take your time and as always if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask in PMs or here!

Note, I will be giving out a DISCORD link, but only after characters have been approved! If you're unfamiliar with the app let us know!

Reactions: MiharuAya and marcy
Just a reminder that the sign ups are open!! Hoping to see more applications so we can get this puppy rolling!