Guardians' Heaven: Symphony of Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, alright. Can I repurpose the EX ability I have now into equipment, then?

I'll think about it, but I'm going to say no to that, for now.

I am not quite sure about the pronounciation myself, but given that the name is Greek in origin, it probably is similar to "Eh-U-Ni-Ke". Though behindthename.com lists its latin equivalent being pronounced as "YOO-nis." And according to this site, the correct way to say it is "Ev-nike", so I suppose my interpretation is the more correct one.

@R-9 Pilot
Good thing this is no hardcore sci-fi so I don't have to bother with technobabble and whatnot! After tons of delays, I finally finished!
Except Themesong and the last paragraph in history, I haven't added anything new that you didn't already know about.

[bg=#CCCCCC]
RIKA KAMARIA
[/bg]
Type: Cybernetically-enhanced Human
Bydo Coefficient: 4.2

Note: Rika's enhancements are not visible from the outside. Most of them boost her mental capabilities while also being fine-tuned to work in conjunction with her ability. Apparently, sie is able to work completely fine without their help though.

Personality: Rika is a easy going girl who likes to screw around. Always in a cheerful mood, Rika likes to tease others, and while mostly harmless, she rarely stops no matter how annoyed her target may become. Despite the horrors of war she already faced in her short career, the younger sister seems to lack a certain aspect of morals, or at least, seems unfazed by the death, loss and other horrible experiences her comrades may suffer. While her non-serious behaviour even in the direst of situations may help to reassure others, it also comes alongside a certain lack of danger sense.

[bg=#CCCCCC]
HISTORY
[/bg]

Born in Finland, Rika was the younger of two siblings born into a rather wealthy family. Always standing in the shadow of her sister, Rika was allowed to live a more carefree and lazy live without her parents really minding. Neither some hardcore delinquent or top-model student, the girl was simply average, including her goals in life. That was, until a certain day.

A story like many others, Rika's family was on a holiday trip to mars. Of course, as it had to be, they were attacked by a Bydo. The Kamaria family quickly made their way to one of the escade pods, which any good space vessel carried. And while her older sister, Mirana, was buying time for them and ultimately became a guardian, Rika passed out and fell into a coma for half a year.

When Rika woke up, she didn't suffer memory loss or anything else edgy, no, she was completely fine, maybe a bit strange in the head...but fine otherwise! Soon after, Rika decided to join the military. For whatever reason, no one except her knew, but her attempts to become a Guardian were all in vain as she failed most of the tests in the selection process. Nonetheless, Rika still managed ot join the ISDF as an Operator.

Undoubtedly, a story that hasn't even started couldn't end here. It happened in the battle to cleanse the once glorious Glitterworld Katamari-11. The battle was looking good for humanity until their Ace, the Valkyrie Randgris, ceased to function. A battle that seemed easily won had now changed to a fight which victory would cost a lot of blood.

It was then that Rika happened to awaken her own power: Technomancy. Taking over the still intact parts of Randgris, the now dead Valkyrie was capable of continuing her battle, not quite as effective as before, her sole power output was still enough to make a difference and safe many lives on that day. Rika however, received no public recognotion while Randgris died a heroe's death.

Even so, Rika's feat hasn't gone unnoticed, retaking the various tests she was nor elligable to become a Guardian herself. A year after completing her training and some manipulation on her side, she even managed to get re-assigned to her older sister's side.

[bg=#CCCCCC]
FIGHTING STYLE
[/bg]

Rika's fighting style resolves around long-range drone based combat. Floating in a safe-distance, the younger sister lets her Plumes do the dirty work. While constantly collecting data on the battlefield that could be used to adjust her own, or others, tactics, she tends to laze off on easy missions. Though thanks to her natural behaviour that's not something noticeable.

Lazy on one end, Rika can be very deadly if actually serious. While her Plumes are already capable of taking out mooks without real aid, Rika can go so far that analyzing her opponents every move combined with overclocking all her systems allows enough prediction to get reliable hits in even on targets that far outclass her Plumes speed. Such usage however does take a toll on her mind.

[bg=#CCCCCC]
IKAROS V//C:R2.3
[/bg]

The Independent CKombat Autonomous Roamer Obliteration System Version//Custom: Rika 2.3, what Rika believes it stands for as she hasn't paid too much attention to the manual, is, as the name implies, a custom build of the IKAROS.

One of many variants for drones, bits, funnels or whatever one may like to call them. The original IRAKOS, cooperatively developed by the glorious Nippon and the Großreich Germany, served as a self-sufficient support system which hardware could easily be attached to any Guardian that may require their aid.

In Rika's case, most of the supportive hardware was heavily adjusted. Without any direct weapons, her custom version includes a single piece of german and japanese brilliance which is, while not required, directly connected to her nerve-system.

Apart from serving as a docking station for her Plumes, the IKAROS includes a miniature super computer that greatly amplifies Rika's mental capacities to levels that wouldn't be imaginable without the aid of her Technomancy.

Furthermore, the custom version also contains all sorts of sensory shennanings that are usually found on any Guardian's equipment anyways, if not even more. Lastly, Rika's IKAROS is equiped with a 'stripped-down-to-the-essentials' movement stuff that allow her manuvering in space, those also gave them their final form. Nothing outstanding about those, it's worth to mention that manuverabily and speed increases based on how many Plumes are currently docked since design allows direct inclusion of the Plumes engines.

[bg=#CCCCCC]
12 x Plumes C//V:R2.3
[/bg]

Wanting to be super special snowflakes the IKAROS developers decided to, instead of calling their drones just something drone something, add another entry in the long list of drone naming conventions. How? Simply by calling the drones, that were obviously an essential part of the IKAROS, Plumes.

Originally heavier in design, a lot of hardware could be stripped from Rika's Plumes in favour of reinforcing the strength of their practical use and survivability. In essence, Rika's Plumes are small, multi-functional and very mobile spacecraft that can be used in offense, defense and resonance. They also have their own on-board generator.

Apart from the mandatory laser gun that each Plume possesses they are also capable of firing a consistent energy beam. While a single beam is weaker than a laser shot on average, their advantage lies in pinpoint accuracy coupled with the ability to focus fire on a single spot for faster penetration.

Their second offense option, courtesy to Rika alone, lies inside a compact drill lance-like module. The so called Gurren Lance Module is a highly penetrative retractable drill in form of a lance that has yet to meet a material it wasn't able to quickly drill through. Such power, however, comes with a price, especially if it is also supposed to be compact. The lance drill is prone to quickly break or bits of it becoming dull. While each Plume does carry a spare, replacing the entire module takes too long to do mid combat. making it a powerful tool with limited use.

Finally, Plumes also come with a shield generating option. Using themselves as the vertices to create different shapes, there are at least 3 Plumes needed to create a triangular energy shield. Size of the area as well as the amount of Plumes used to generate said shield directly influence the strength of it. This also allows for further utility by encasing an object inside a pyramid, or other body, and moving it around for example.

[bg=#CCCCCC]
TECHNOMANCY
[/bg]

Rika is a Technomancer. She is capable of connecting to the mechanical world around her. This allows her to highly amplify, or control, the outpot of given machines. For example, despite her Plumes lacking any kind of sensors, the sole fact she is directly connected to them while having said sensory on herself gives them the functionality needed. Of course, Rika also has the mandatory Overdrive Switch that increases energy consumption alongside power output for no apparent reason, because anime.

While Rika should, in theory, be capable of hijacking mechanized Bydo, she has shown a huge lack of success in doing so.

It seems like we are going to get one hell of a surprised older sister.

Yay, this means that Eunike will not be the only one who is new to the team!

That was my intention with Eunike as well. But I guess we have to wait on R-9's word on what is going on, because it is possible that this is a completely new assignment for all of our characters. Either way, I am sure we will have fun!

I think a few others are noobs, but an actual roll call of who's new and who isn't would be nice. And of course Eunike might be new to the team, but like pretty much everyone else, she's a major war vet.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Izurich
As R-9 had asserted, Eunike is new to the team, but she is a war veteran.

Mina is obviously the best war veteran, highest ranking in the team, and this RP is her harem. Biatches!!

Reactions: Villamvihar
Toro is newer. She's been in a few skirmishes, though she never participated in the actual war

Yulia enlisted at the tail end of the war, and by the time basic training was over for her, the war had already ended. So she's only had experience fighting in minor conflicts.

Also, going out for most of today, but I'll finish my CS tonight. Should be back before midnight to start working on that.

Esfir's been around for some time and has seen some shit. She was active around the later half of the war. Probably been on the ship the longest.

CS is finished. Going to sleep.

Well, as mentioned, she was a trainee until a year ago, fill in the rest as you see fit.

Also is my character accepted or not?

Hey @R-9 Pilot, a while back you said

Some of all this is, in some ways, redundant, as I've got a mental/hidden internal consistency rule which will pretty much be fixing everyone's stuff, regardless of how goddamn powerful it claims to be in fluff, onto a roughly even playing field.
I understand if its too complicated to try and explain, but I'm kinda curious as to see how you stack everyone up, to make them different than others while still equally powerful, and keeping their position in battle their own thing. For some it's pretty easy to tell (Mirana and alice) but for others it's a little difficult (Mirana and Komei)

The simple answer is "I don't." Some of you guys are essentially doubled-up on roles. Differentiating yourselves isn't my job, it's yours. The other obvious way to deal with problems of stacked roles is to split everyone into two squads, since we've got so many people.

For the most part, the balancing act is more that I don't actually care what your fluff is. A laser is as damaging as a mundane bullet is as damaging as plasma at [arbitrarily high] degrees. Similarly for defenses. There might be some variability, particularly on the enemy side or your personal choices, but it's mostly there to say that nobody needs to freak out over the specific fluff on someone's weapons because it's OP as written.

Status
Not open for further replies.