Guardians' Heaven: Symphony of Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so in this, and so I declare that it is time to bust out some ludicrously overpowered nonsense.

I am so in this, and so I declare that it is time to bust out some ludicrously overpowered nonsense.
What? No OP PC pweaaaase... T~T

I'll keep a lid on it if I can.

All right, I am done... As much as I can be. Note that this is not the final version of my character sheet and I will be glad to make any changes to it if it turns out that I made my character too powerful. But I hope that I managed to strike a nice balance with her without violating any rules or stepping on any toes.

EDIT: The application is final, but I am still very much willing to tone the character down if necessary.

latest
Konachan.com%20-%20191718%20blue_eyes%20blush%20chinese_clothes%20chinese_dress%20clouds%20coffee-straw-luzi%20dress%20long_hair%20original%20ribbons%20signed%20thighhighs%20white_hair.jpg

Name: Eunike

Type: Valkyrie

Bydo Coefficient: 4.04

Appearance: As an individual who has albinism, Eunike has white hair, white skin and clear blue eyes. She stands at five feet nine inches tall and usually wears simple, white clothes when not in combat. On more formal occasions or within her room, she can be seen wearing an exquisitely made, white dress complete with lace, embroidery, ruffles and a rather large skirt.

Personality: A very peculiar person, Eunike is always polite and very refined in her manners. She is an absolute joy to talk with, not to mention that she always has a good word for whoever she is speaking to. However, this exterior hides a delusional soul filled with brutality, something which no treatment has been able to remedy. But regardless of whatever she may believe or however she acts, Eunike has repeatedly proven that she is not a danger to hear team-mates, in fact, she is a very valuable asset on the battlefield.

History: The concept of Eunike was born a few years before the time of Valkyries came. For a long time, it has been theorised that electromagnetic forces would make an excellent weapon against the biomechanical forces of the Bydo. Unfortunately, calculations showed that the effects of such fields were not negligible on the human body either, so in desperation, humanity turned to genetic engineering. The plan was to create a soldier who could carry a potent electromagnetic weapon into battle and set it off without being affected by it.

But something went wrong in the process. Whether it was the surrogate mother chosen to carry the child to term or a mistake of the scientists working on the project, the baby that was born had all the qualities that they needed, except that she was an albino. Yet the ISDF was desperate for any measure that it could find against their horrifying, biomechanical opponents, so they continued funding the project in the hopes that something good would come of it. As for the child, she was allowed to live as a proof-of-concept prototype and from her birth, she was exposed to high-energy electromagnetic waves.

She was also given the appropriate education and training with the weapons that the scientists designed and while the project was making steady progress, problems started rearing their ugly heads. The weapon design was deemed to impractical for a human soldier to carry without support, not to mention all the other little faults. But it was then that the breakthrough of Valkyries came and suddenly, each problem had a solution: Eunike had to be augmented with robotic parts.

With that realisation, the project advanced leaps and bounds until Eunike was turned into the first prototype… Just in time for a Bydo ship to hit the laboratory. Panicked, the researchers saved whatever notes they could including their first prototype, then dumped it into an escape pod before deleting all relevant data in their system so that the biomechanical monsters could not get a hold of it. Fortunately, the Bydo did not notice the escape pod and such, the research data was saved along with Eunike, even if it was many days before an ISDF ship finally picked her up.

Despite being a cyborg, Eunike barely survived the trip and she had to be treated for several weeks to recover from the mental scars the assault left on her, during which time the ISDF chose to review the researcher’s data. While the data was damaged and incomplete, it was deemed that the new Valkyrie would be a worthy addition to the forces, so after she had recovered, she was immediately assigned onto a relatively low-key mission. Her only task was to help the human forces in eliminating the handful of Bydo stationed at an abandoned outpost, so High Command thought that it would go well.

But it turned into a disaster on both sides. Now only known as the Cyrema Massacre, Eunike completely obliterated the Bydo as they had never encountered a type like her before, but at the same time, she traumatised the ISDF forces so much that several of them required psychological treatment afterwards. In turn, she had to go through a second round of examinations, which uncovered her issues. Despite her delusion and her notably brutal combat style, however, she was as valuable as any other Valkyrie and had passed nearly every mental check.

As such, High Command made the decision to assign her to the Thorn Wings Squad, an ISDF fighting unit that had gained notoriety for its ability to stand even the greatest of massacres. Under their command, Eunike was crucial to many victories of the military campaign, proving herself a valuable, trustworthy asset many times over. But High Command was still very cautious of her, so she was not promoted or given honorary titles and when the war was over, she was immediately assigned to a squad of other Valkyries.

However, she had problems with fitting in there, so she was recently reassigned to the cruiser Astrea in an effort to guarantee her mental stability.

Fighting Style: Eunike prefers to use overwhelming force to take out her enemies before they become a threat to her or her team-mates. Should such a tactic not be possible, she will gladly follow a pre-determined plan or make up her own on the fly, in which case she has a penchant for using elements of psychological warfare.

Equipment:
Achilles System: An extremely powerful, spherical barrier that protects everything around Eunike in a two-metre radius, this system can stop most attacks, but it is also her only method of defence. Anything that gets through this field is bound to cause serious damage to her, not to mention that its electromagnetic nature gives her a huge radar signature. A notable feature of the system is that the barrier’s shape can be altered as long as its surface area stays constant and it remains two metres away from Eunike. It should also be noted that the barrier works both ways, meaning that it blocks attacks fired from the inside.

Audio-Optical Correction and Protection Device: A suite of different augmentations consisting of cybernetic eyes, a hearing guard and a layer of protection from sunlight, this device's primary function is to compensate for Eunike's condition. Its secondary effects are also useful on the battlefield, however, as it protects her from going blind and it can be commanded to severely dampen sounds. Not only does this function protect Eunike's ears from excessive damage, it also enables her to mask the sounds she creates for a limited time.

Weapons:
Titan Crusher: A frightening extension of the Achilles System’s functionality, this weapon works by dramatically increasing the strength of the system’s electromagnetic field, then matching its composition to the user’s mental picture. When used correctly, this weapon can tear even the strongest of alloys into shreds or forcefully remove parts of the target’s anatomy, but it is limited by its short range of six metres. To further complicate matters, Eunike’s electromagnetic shield stops working for as long as she uses this weapon, so it requires precise timing on her part.

6x Hydra Drones: These small drones are an ever-present companion of Eunike. Despite their size, they are tougher than they look, not to mention that they sport a rather powerful, long-ranged laser cannon on their front. They are also capable of providing limited support, such as helping others take care of their wounds, fetching small supplies or distracting enemies. Their maximum operational range is about eighty metres and their mobility is nothing short of first-rate.

EX Abilities:
Queen of Absolutes: It is not exactly understood how this ability works, but Eunike is capable of drastically lowering or raising temperature in an area that is about four metres in radius at most. Used well, this is a very powerful tool in her arsenal, especially given her precise range of control over it, but it has a big flaw: The larger the affected area is, the more time it takes for Eunike to set it up and she has to drop her defences while she does that. Furthermore, it can be a big drain on her reserves, especially at large scales.

Theme Song:
Character Theme
Combat Theme

Etc.:
- She believes that she bears the title of 'Zero Kelvin Queen', though she does not demand to be treated as royalty and she obeys orders.
- Her most precious possession is a snow globe that she is very protective of.
- Her electromagnetic fields are strong enough that prolonged exposure to them can cause slowly intensifying headaches and brief sickness. She is completely immune to this effect, however.
- The room she resides in is almost always a few degrees Celsius below room temperature because of her request.

Last edited:
GH review commentary

So, I finally have some free time for this (during a 4-day weekend. Sometimes I really wonder...), so reviewing all the characters so submitted in some depth. But first, some general talk about concerns. I think I may be nerfing everyone and taking some toys away. My motivation is one part to account for there being maybe a dozen of you, and one part making it easier to give you guys a balanced challenge without major escalation and turning things into an arms race. Also one part if there's things you want but don't have, you can actually get upgrades later on.

So, some general play-balance notes. I'll be referencing R-Type or other shmups quite a bit during all this, so some terms might need definition and I'll get to them here. General overall character power should probably be around that of a player ship in a typical shmup. Mitigated a bit by the fact that there's like, 7 of you so you're not soloing everything, of course. So, what the hell am i even getting at?

First, problems of scale. No Guardian alone can one-shot a starship or other enemy an order of magnitude or two bigger than she is. The same goes for things on a similar scale which I'll call "high rank" Bydo, since those are the specific monsters Valkyries are created to fight. Some of your attacks can get pretty strong though, because I'll allow for concepts like wave cannons and delta attacks to exist (more on those later).

Second, there is no such thing as an impenetrable or perfect defense. No-selling enemy attacks might be cool, but if there's no threat, it's not interesting. This pretty much will work in a couple ways. Any omni-directional barrier can only soak so much damage at once before it fails for a while. More esoteric shields can't cover every angle at once and eventually be overwhelmed. And in the final case, there are some attacks that simply put, nothing will stop. These are usually enemy wave cannon or similar really big shots from much larger things. I'm basing this concept on the fact that in R-Type, the Force unit is completely indestructible, but there are some things it just plain cannot stop. So sometimes, the Force is left perfectly intact, but the ship behind it is still blown to bits. Similarly, you can't perfectly dodge everything either. If you focus on dodging, I'll be throwing bullet hell and Itano circus stuff your way (not so much to specifically overwhelm you so much as to let you actually show off against something impressive, however).

Third, I may well take a couple weapons away from people with a lot of them. It's the easiest way to make way for upgrades or new toys later on, and the less versatile each individual character is, the easier it is to cook up challenges without making all the enemies really bullshit ridiculous.

Some of all this is, in some ways, redundant, as I've got a mental/hidden internal consistency rule which will pretty much be fixing everyone's stuff, regardless of how goddamn powerful it claims to be in fluff, onto a roughly even playing field. Most of your normal weapons can do the same sort of damage, and so-on. Pretty much all of this applies to your enemies as well, so do keep that in mind. Speaking of damage, I encourage taking it in large amounts. "Cosmetic" damage for a killer cyborg is the sort of thing that most people would consider a quick trip to the ER, and the loss of a limb is at worst a temporary inconvenience, because they have plenty of modular replacements handy.
And now, on to the actual characters. Last in, first out.

@Lstorm
I think we're using "spaceman" or "serviceman" or similar in place of "seaman," as it doesn't make much sense as a rank, when nobody's actually at sea on a spaceship.

Eunike be huge. Just had to comment on it, particularly since there's a bit of dissonance between generic cute mid-teens animu looking girl art and "oh yeah, she's taller than a lot of men."

I really wonder what she could do that's more mentally traumatic than whatever the fuck the Bydo are capable of. Though if she's trying to use psychological warfare, that might be part of it. One would need to actually understand Bydo psychology to pull that off, and it's probably safe to say nobody does.

Chances are, rather than something installed into her nervous system, problems with vision and hearing would be corrected by cybernetic replacements of the eyes or (inner) ears. Her eyes, in particular, are probably replacements with flash compensation and so-on, giving her vision just as good as anyone else. It's more straightforward than trying to claim you can fix it all by intercepting the signals coming from faulty eyeballs.

Characters are only allowed one EX ability. I also can't really reconcile messing with EM fields or radiation to control temperature, particularly lowering it (doesn't mean there's not a way to do it somewhere out there in scientific literature, though). I'd recommend that sort of thing be psychic powers and she be an Ether Liner if you want to go that way.

Most of her other abilities from electromagnetic stuff could probably be done just as well by manipulation of gravity, for that matter. It's just trading one vague justification for another, as it still boils down to "scifi bullshit," so up to you.
@Asuras
Bydo coefficient missing. Theme song missing.

I like that you made your own system and did some things to expand the setting in order to add to things. It's good when people do that sort of thing.

Equipment and Weapons are rolled into one section, I presume? Any description you think is needed for her general cybernetic enhancements, outfit and so-on would be appreciated, though.

I really dislike the idea of using FTL comms to just move energy to and from anywhere, so that's right out. You've got what you have as personal reserves, and can radiate it into the surrounding area as neat wings or ribbons of light or whatever, but that's about it.

Mantle itself seems like a mixture of a wave cannon and delta attack, which is neat. Delta Attacks, basically involve a Force in R-Type absorbing damage and so-on, and eventually building a meter to 100%, after which point you can unleash a big screen-clearing burst. Wave cannons can take all manner of forms and are the standard hold fire to charge attacks that usually do major damage.
@Insomnant
Equipment missing, and required. EX ability missing, though optional.

I've commented before that I like her history for showing just how shitty things can get. This is good. The setting is not exactly a nice place, most of the time.

I'm a little iffy on antimatter as a basic projectile ammunition type.
@Reanimator Bob
Cybernetic enhancements are generally assumed, you don't need to specify you have a few, unless you want to emphasize you have very little and are still mostly your original meat body. Which would make you incredibly fragile.

Echolocation probably won't work in space, for obvious reasons. The rest is I think doable in various ways, though it might be difficult to get good vital data on anyone just by looking at them. You are probably very aware of your own physical condition at all times, however.

Those charges of yours are going to take time to set and are likely more useful in specific mission roles or situations rather than general combat, but I can think of a few ways they could be handy.
@Unyielding
All Guardians are built to be fairly modular, and most of their weapons are hand-carried to begin with. That being said, nanomachines and ability to just hot-swap equipment for any other weapon is a bit much.

I think you'd need to reduce your weapons loadout a bit. As-is, you've got way too many guns and probably a bit too much overall ability to exert battlefield control with your variety of weapons. Also, that automated shoulder cannon isn't acceptable; you can't have it acquire and attack targets completely independently. That gauss rifle's energy mode is probably firing plasma, incidentally. Pick one of your rocket launchers and ditch the other one entirely. Probably drop the gattling cannons as well, they seem largely redundant with some of your other armaments.

I still really think that the whole nanomachine augmentation thing is a bit off for my suspension of disbelief. It's very much "nanomachines, son" handwaving, what with them making anything simply work better, explode bigger, laser more, and so-on. I get what you're going for with essentially rerouting power of a sort around at the expense of both your own physical well-being and damaging the equipment in question due to exceeding its operational limits, but the actual description of the results doesn't "work" for me, for whatever reason. Had to get that off my chest, but I won't insist you change it.
@ERode
I've pretty much already said what I'll do with bullet time or similar things, so have fun with that when it comes up. The new tethers will also be interesting, too.

I am assuming that, even in space, you will be galloping around somehow. Esfir will probably like ground battles when they do happen, or any other ready available surfaces to travel along. I think you're missing a word in that "physically intruders" clause. Fancy buffed up barriers fall under the usual discussion about such things, but it's a neat way to hold a defensive emplacement. I'm going to assume it puts stresses on the actual participants or otherwise will just right now discourage going for tactics where everyone just moves in with the best possible defensive bubble and blasts everything around them with no trouble.

Not "green ring" for the lance?
With all the shields and mobility from the horse, having the shotgun be another defensive option is probably a bit much. No comment on the tentacles.
@Izurich
That's...Gold Frame Astray?

Totally organic Bydo probably won't give a crap about taking an EMP to the face. Not much else to comment on for the weapons. There's a pile of them there, but they're focused on a fairly narrow theme. Don't fly around too much with tethers out; it could get messy.

Not really much to say one way or the other.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Izurich
I'll have to think about that one, but it certainly would be one thing that could be done.

No Guardian alone can one-shot a starship or other enemy an order of magnitude or two bigger than she is.
What I had in mind when creating Eunike is that she can eliminate regular Bydo quite easily with her electromagnetic field and cause some serious damage to tougher / larger specimens at close range. It is best to think of her as a high-risk, high-reward character: Yes, she can do some pretty powerful things, but she might get seriously damaged in return.
Second, there is no such thing as an impenetrable or perfect defense. No-selling enemy attacks might be cool, but if there's no threat, it's not interesting.
I felt like that this was addressed at me, but I never intended Eunike's barrier to be impenetrable. It can and will fail against some weapons or run out of its energy reserves, at which point she is basically defenceless and weaponless save for her drones.
I really wonder what she could do that's more mentally traumatic than whatever the fuck the Bydo are capable of. Though if she's trying to use psychological warfare, that might be part of it. One would need to actually understand Bydo psychology to pull that off, and it's probably safe to say nobody does.
I was counting on psychological warefare not affecting the Bydo, but it does not make it less traumatising when a Valkyrie, a supposed guardian of humanity starts ripping enemies' limbs off and displaying vicious brutality all of a sudden. At least in my opinion.
Chances are, rather than something installed into her nervous system, problems with vision and hearing would be corrected by cybernetic replacements of the eyes or (inner) ears. Her eyes, in particular, are probably replacements with flash compensation and so-on, giving her vision just as good as anyone else. It's more straightforward than trying to claim you can fix it all by intercepting the signals coming from faulty eyeballs.
Fair enough. Would it be possible for her to have some sort of external vision correction device, like glasses but more sophisticated though? I would like for this piece of equipment to be something that can be damaged, if possible. As for the ears comment, the protection from deafness is more or less there to prevent large explosions and the like from causing her problems.
Characters are only allowed one EX ability. I also can't really reconcile messing with EM fields or radiation to control temperature, particularly lowering it (doesn't mean there's not a way to do it somewhere out there in scientific literature, though). I'd recommend that sort of thing be psychic powers and she be an Ether Liner if you want to go that way.
I will remove pseudotelekinesis then, but there is actual research being done on using magnetic fields to cool gases. At the moment, it requires specific materials, however, I think that a similar principle could be used to quickly heat up or freeze an area. I was also thinking of increasing the setup time and limiting the effective area of Queen of Absolutes to make Eunike more vulnerable when setting it up as it is a very powerful tool right now.

Last edited:
All Guardians are built to be fairly modular, and most of their weapons are hand-carried to begin with. That being said, nanomachines and ability to just hot-swap equipment for any other weapon is a bit much.
Made her shoulder weapon Hot swap-able with most Heavy weaponry. Arms made to store and produce high amounts of energy (to power her weapons)
I think you'd need to reduce your weapons loadout a bit. As-is, you've got way too many guns and probably a bit too much overall ability to exert battlefield control with your variety of weapons. Also, that automated shoulder cannon isn't acceptable; you can't have it acquire and attack targets completely independently.
Modified shoulder cannon. She still has to fire it her self.

That gauss rifle's energy mode is probably firing plasma, incidentally.
-Done- Edit the description.

Pick one of your rocket launchers and ditch the other one entirely. Probably drop the gattling cannons as well, they seem largely redundant with some of your other armaments.
Got rid of the silo and edit the Rocket launcher.
I still really think that the whole nanomachine augmentation thing is a bit off for my suspension of disbelief. It's very much "nanomachines, son" handwaving, what with them making anything simply work better, explode bigger, laser more, and so-on. I get what you're going for with essentially rerouting power of a sort around at the expense of both your own physical well-being and damaging the equipment in question due to exceeding its operational limits, but the actual description of the results doesn't "work" for me, for whatever reason. Had to get that off my chest, but I won't insist you change it.

Reword it to explain what happens instead of saying NANOBOT MAGIC. (thank you for the suggestion for how it worked because i could not think of the wording)
Also explained how it affected the different gun types.

Let me know if anything else needs changing. Im ON A ROLE BABY

@Reanimator Bob
Cybernetic enhancements are generally assumed, you don't need to specify you have a few, unless you want to emphasize you have very little and are still mostly your original meat body. Which would make you incredibly fragile.

Echolocation probably won't work in space, for obvious reasons. The rest is I think doable in various ways, though it might be difficult to get good vital data on anyone just by looking at them. You are probably very aware of your own physical condition at all times, however.

Those charges of yours are going to take time to set and are likely more useful in specific mission roles or situations rather than general combat, but I can think of a few ways they could be handy.

I'm debating on how organic I want her

I'm gonna leave the echo location on in case they are not in space at some point.

And the charges? Yeah she's gonna have to be literally on top of a bydo in order to set them. But I have a few flashy ideas in mind

What I had in mind when creating Eunike is that she can eliminate regular Bydo quite easily with her electromagnetic field and cause some serious damage to tougher / larger specimens at close range. It is best to think of her as a high-risk, high-reward character: Yes, she can do some pretty powerful things, but she might get seriously damaged in return.
This is about what I was expecting. Pretty much all of my preamble stuff was just to get everyone on the same page.

a Valkyrie, a supposed guardian of humanity starts ripping enemies' limbs off and displaying vicious brutality
But that's...sort of how they work? Guardians kill the enemy. Possibly horribly violently, possibly not. Most of the front-line soldiers are well aware of such violence, although pretty much everything is whitewashed for the general public. It's not a big deal either way. nice of you to elaborate, though. The other simple truth is usage of psychological warfare tactics would be more likely to unnerve one's own allies than the enemy.

Would it be possible for her to have some sort of external vision correction device, like glasses but more sophisticated though? I would like for this piece of equipment to be something that can be damaged, if possible. As for the ears comment, the protection from deafness is more or less there to prevent large explosions and the like from causing her problems.
Glasses or a visor are fine, but they probably wouldn't be as effective. I'm not sure on the mechanisms of hearing damage from high-intensity sound, but I'd hazard a guess it's due to damage to the sensory apparatus, and not the nerves carrying the signal, so the argument that post-processing is the wrong approach still stands, there.

At the moment, it requires specific materials, however, I think that a similar principle could be used to quickly heat up or freeze an area. I was also thinking of increasing the setup time and limiting the effective area of Queen of Absolutes to make Eunike more vulnerable when setting it up as it is a very powerful tool right now.
From what I gather using your link, the specific materials are required because of that material's response to magnetic fields. This isn't some response of all space, it's a specific response of a specific material which can be used to make a magnetically-driven heat pump. The action of the magnetic field doesn't directly cool your fridge, it cools a magnetocaloric material which is used to in turn cool a fluid which is used as the primary heat exchange medium. So, I don't really think you can generalize to EM fields cooling any material anywhere. Cooling anything, particularly by action at a distance, is...usually going to need a lot of handwaving. I guess what I'm getting at is we're really soft SF here, so that it works is less important than how. My suspension of disbelief can break when I get a "how it works" in SF that feels wrong or off to me. I can happily accept lord knows what sort of fantastical technology as long as it never bothers to try and justify itself, however.

How vulnerable you want to be and how long it needs to set up are completely up to you.

I'm gonna leave the echo location on in case they are not in space at some point.
You won't always be in space, so it'll still be useful.

Yes... she skipped my modifications... that means im good...

LETS GO ALICE FIRE THOSE TOMAHAWKS

Actually, it means I didn't feel much need to reply to them. Also, I'm a guy.

Tomahawk missiles aren't really going to be the most useful as a piece of personal equipment. Leave those to launch from ships and so-on.

Last edited:
Here are the corrections that I made based on GM commentary and a little bit of common sense!

Changed Eunike's height to five feet nine inches, which is a lot more reasonable, but still tall for a woman. This way, she will not tower over everyone.

Changed Audio-Optical Correction and Protection Device to the following:
Audio-Optical Correction and Protection Device: A suite of different augmentations consisting of cybernetic eyes, a hearing guard and a layer of protection from sunlight, this device's primary function is to compensate for Eunike's condition. Its secondary effects are also useful on the battlefield, however, as it protects her from going blind and it can be commanded to severely dampen sounds. Not only does this function protect Eunike's ears from excessive damage, it also enables her to mask the sounds she creates for a limited time.
Removed Pseudotelekinesis.

Changed Queen of Absolutes to the following:
Queen of Absolutes: It is not exactly understood how this ability works, but Eunike is capable of drastically lowering or raising temperature in an area that is about four metres in radius at most. Used well, this is a very powerful tool in her arsenal, especially given her precise range of control over it, but it has a big flaw: The larger the affected area is, the more time it takes for Eunike to set it up and she has to drop her defences while she does that. Furthermore, it can be a big drain on her reserves, especially at large scales.
If possible, I would like if Eunike remained a cybrog without ESP abilities despite the EX ability I gave her, but I completely understand if you want me to change it.

Mini-edit: Is it okay if I still leave the 'Traumatising other troopers' aspect of hers in her backstory and just have it be vague as to what really happened on the battlefield?

Last edited:
1MaTTLk.jpg
BhTn9j4.jpg
Name:
Yulia Nazarova
Type: Ether Liner, Cyborg
Bydo Coefficient: 3.05

Personality:
  • Easygoing
  • Pragmatic
  • Cynical
  • Irreverent
  • Observant

History: Yulia was born on the space station Ventus in the Alpha Centauri system, which was the central trading hub of the solar system and of various galactic shipping lanes beyond. In effect, this meant that the station was a galactic, multicultural hub filled with people of varying cultures and planets. Yulia's parents were no different, having come to the station from Titan years before her birth to find work.

Yulia was found to be an Ether Liner at a young age, and Mechari Heavy Industries, the company her parents worked, for offered substantial monetary incentives in exchange for being allowed to study her powers. For most of her childhood and adolescence, she was forced to go through a battery of tests designed to see the limit of her ESP. Tired of simply performing tests on her powers, she grew to resent not being allowed to actually utilize her telekinesis in any meaningful way to help people.

When the war with the Bydo broke out, she was initially forbidden from joining the ISDF until the techs at MHI finished developing her ARMs and custom cyberware. However, development was slow, and by the time her equipment was finished, the war was almost over. By the time Yulia's basic training in the ISDF had finished, the war had actually ended. Of course, Yulia relished the chance to actually do something with her ESP, and stayed on to serve a tour of duty that mostly consisted of simple skirmishes and border conflicts. When her term of enlistment had expired, Yulia immediately reenlisted, still wanting to use her power meaningfully.

Fighting Style: Fast assault, close-quarters specialist.
Equipment:
  • Cyberware: Yulia has been outfitted with a number of cybernetic enhancements. Every single one of her limbs has been replaced with a cyborg prosthetic for enhanced speed and strength. In addition, a cyberware suite has been installed into her head to both enhance her telekinetic ESP abilities and increase her ability to process information.
  • Slayer ARMs - CQC Variant: Yulia's custom armor is built to enhance her already formidable cybernetic speed and strength. Because most of the armor is dedicated towards an onboard weapons system, very little room was left for actual armor plating, leaving the ARMs weak defensively.
Weapons:
Integrated Weapons System "Arsenal Gear": An onboard weapons system custom made to take advantage of Yulia's telekinetic ESP. The system is datalinked with both her armor and the cyberware in her head, letting her easily manage and process information linked to the Arsenal Gear. When inactive, takes the form of wings on the back of Yulia's ARMs.
  • TX-55 High Vibration Blades: The main weapon of the Arsenal Gear. The wings on the back of the ARMs transform into twelve high-vibration swords that Yulia controls with but a thought thanks to her telekinesis, thanks to the weapons' neural link with her cyberware. The swords can split into smaller blades, up to 64 in total. As the number of blades Yulia has to manage increases, her ability to manipulate them decreases. When she only has to control twelve swords or less, Yulia can manipulate up to three as if she was wielding them by hand while having more limited control over the other nine. However, at her maximum limit of 64 blades, she can only fire them as straight-line projectiles.
  • EXCELSUS Fusion Sword: The twelve high-vibration swords of the Arsenal gear combine to form one massive greatsword that Yulia brandishes either telepathically or by hand, taking advantage of her cyborg limbs to wield a blade that no unaugmented human could hope to lift, let alone use effectively. The combination of the sword's sheer mass and its use of twelve high-vibration engines allows it to cleave through heavy armor that a single high-vibration sword couldn't hope to penetrate.
EX Abilities:
  • ESP - Telekinesis: Yulia's ESP is the ability to move objects with her mind. She can exert a decent amount of control on most objects, but she specializes in manipulating her swords, thanks to their datalink to her cyberware. Living objects that can move on their own are harder for her to move, but she can still either push or pull them around.

Theme Song:

Last edited:
@Psyker Landshark Venom Illya, Zero Illya sees Ironman in Yulia's guardian pic's background!

Yeah, I don't know why that's there either. Fucking Pixiv artists.

Eunike can still traumatize people in her backstory for reasons. Not explaining it makes it more interesting anyway. The other edits seem solid, and should work just fine.

Is her name pronounced like "unique"? I'm not sure if I'm reading it correctly or not.

Yulia's EX ability is her telekinesis. Seems ok so far, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.