Guardians' Heaven: Symphony of Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mina, Esfir, Alice, and Toro, from the look of it. So four. I should work on an NPC or two tomorrow and put up more fluff information, do some housekeeping around here.

And then we'd have like 12 if everyone does toss a character up. I dislike playing characters with the party when I GM. I could work on one for the hell of it, though.

And then we'd have like 12 if everyone does toss a character up. I dislike playing characters with the party when I GM. I could work on one for the hell of it, though.
I actually was think you should make a mentor character. Someone who SUPER STRONG but does not fight unless somebody SUPER STRONG enters the story.

I actually was think you should make a mentor character. Someone who SUPER STRONG but does not fight unless somebody SUPER STRONG enters the story.
I kinda don't want that. Super strong villains should be played by the GM and defeated by the players. Not played by GM, defeated by GM lol!

However, every military operation needs military intelligence. So if we made one of those people behind enemy lines a very important character that acts as the GM's PC then that shouldn't be a problem

Reactions: Izurich
However, every military operation needs military intelligence. So if we made one of those people behind enemy lines a very important character that acts as the GM's PC then that shouldn't be a problem
Great idea! Not sure how will it work against Bydos tho...

That's my feeling, too. If I run a character with the party, who isn't blatantly support or the like (the ship's captain and your AWACS will both be NPCs), I would want to avoid writing scenarios in which everyone else watches that character be more badass than them. That's generally considered poor form, and as a GM, I should be focusing on the players' characters, not my own. It can only work if it's a case where the mentor-type badass draws an enemy away or distracts it in a big battle that happens mostly unseen, and the focus stays on everyone else.

And really, let's face it, the first thing PCs are likely to do when told "you can't handle this, it's too strong," is to go and fight it anyway, consequences be damned. If i run someone, they're most likely to be a know-nothing idiot type, or an unusual experimental type of some sort who exists in part for me to do some plot threads related to their nature. If I ran a mentor, they'd likely be an instructor, and would generally stay on the ship and advise you guys rather than be right out there with you in the thick of the fighting (and even then, they'd probably not be significantly more badass...the role of the mentor is to provide their wisdom to others, and then step aside.)

• Thank You
Oh yeah, @R-9 Pilot I just wanna say that expeessing interest is as easy as making one post saying "I'm in!", but actually making a complete CS takes effort, so personally, I expect not everyone who expressed interest will actually go through the whole process of making CS. :) So you still have to put a hard deadline for submissions, especially with so many people like this.

Last edited:
I kinda don't want that. Super strong villains should be played by the GM and defeated by the players. Not played by GM, defeated by GM lol!
The strong villain would not be defeat by the GM. In fact the GM character would lose the fight as to give meaning to how strong the villain is. It adds a easy way to show how strong something is besides saying "they are really strong"

Its done all the time like for example. In naruto when the pevy sage fought pain. Everyone knew The sage was like one of the strongest characters in the show, so when he lost to pain. It taught us how dangerous pain was. Im not saying she should make a Mentor to fight strong people. She should make a mentor for story progression, mentor ship, and as a way to show grow of the characters.

The strong villain would not be defeat by the GM. In fact the GM character would lose the fight as to give meaning to how strong the villain is. It adds a easy way to show how strong something is besides saying "they are really strong"

Its done all the time like for example. In naruto when the pevy sage fought pain. Everyone knew The sage was like one of the strongest characters in the show, so when he lost to pain. It taught us how dangerous pain was. Im not saying she should make a Mentor to fight strong people. She should make a mentor for story progression, mentor ship, and as a way to show grow of the characters.
Ehm... I still don't like that. That way we miss a good chance of hurting one of the PCs instead, let them feel ups and downs, not shifting the downs to a GM character.

Oh my gosh, I really have absolutely zero interest in Naruto so I can't comment on that... Sorry.

Damn. That's a lot of time for a CS.

It's a lot of time, but given the ratio of interested folks to completed CS subs, it's probably not too bad either. I will admit, I'm not expecting too many other arrivals. But, this is why I am generally cool with a lot of interest; not everyone will actually follow through, so if I actually want a party of around 5, I shouldn't stop at the first five people.

Ehm... I still don't like that. That way we miss a good chance of hurting one of the PCs instead, let them feel ups and downs, not shifting the downs to a GM character.

Dibs on my PC losing an arm first! There is a reason she has so few cybernetic enhancements

• Nice Execution!

The word you're looking for is worf.

• Thank You
Reactions: Unyielding
Status
Not open for further replies.