Guardians: A War of Heroes and Villains (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merlin

"Oh dear…" A wall of undead people charged at them as soon as that beast began to wail once again. She squeaked out a sound of distress as she was rushed by ten of the creatures. She needed to take out many of them at once, not certain if her sword skills were really up to par since her time alive. Merlin flipped the sword in her hand, tossing it straight forward and used her magic to guide it, sending it with force through the skulls of three of the undead. As soon as they were pierced, they fell to the ground and her sword came flying back to her hand as if being pulled by a wire. When it was returned to her hand, she brought her weapon down on the nearest zombie, cracking through the top of its head. A well-placed kick to the abdomen released her sword from its shattered skull and sent the creature flying back. Now, Merlin was starting to get into it a little bit. With only a few muttered words, her palm lit with fire which she tossed at the head of the next fiend. His head would be consumed in flames.

Gritting her teeth, the sorceress charged forward again, swinging her sword to take out each one that approached. This was so frustrating; her magic just wasn't ready to be used fully yet. She glanced around to see that everyone else was doing alright taking care of their own demons and some were even trying to attack the beast that was heading for the center of town. Already, three of her comrades were aiming for the beast. That should hopefully be enough to at least stall the monster. And maybe while it was down, she could reach their target first. Please knock it down… she thought to herself, hoping the men's attacks would be successful. She did not wait to find out, finishing off her last ghoul and sheathing her sword. Without it in her hand she could run for the town. Merlin began to run, booking it for the center of town at a sprint. If anything went well, the beast would be struck and either its attention would be diverted or it would be knocked down. She prayed to the goddess that it worked and she had enough time to get past it. That dragon man said he could carry people. Maybe he could fly their target out of there while the monster was stalled. Only one way to find out; she ran harder, determined to get to the target first. If she did, she could send up a flare and the flying man may be able to drop down and get them. She wouldn't know until the beast was struck or able to evade her fellow heroes.

"I'm coming for you, just hold on."

Last edited:
GM Post

The beast roared yet again, this time however it was in pain. The spear that Achilles had thrown was sticking through it's leg, the spear slicing through the monster's leg as though it were butter. The leg fell to the ground, and began like a disembodied spiders leg. The creature still moved towards the center though, like an injured animal desperate to take with it the creature that was responsible for it's destruction. The creature kept crawling forward, that was of course, until the stone from Lugh's sling came in and smacked it in the carapaced shoulder, completely obliterating the limb that had previously existed there, and spurring the beast onwards. However, in what seemed to be fate, once the beast entered the town square it was quickly imobilized by what looked to be four black knights. They leapt out from behind buildings and rushed in, cutting the legs of the beast off, then in a flash of light, a black steel spear came in and finished the beast off, hitting it right in the throat. The knights all seemed to run off then, and if anyone was quick enough to investigate, they would see what was left of a magical portal disappearing, the beast left to twitch in it's death throes on the ground.

Mordred

Mordred stepped through the portal into Adler's domain once more. As always, the darkness ignited the primal sense of fear in her that many horrors had never even managed to brush up against. She shivered, and looked into the darkness, unable to discern anything. Even though Adler had made it clear she had never been asked to kneel, out of both respect and habit, she did so. This time however, she did not look at the ground.

"Lord Adler? Are you here? I have come to make a report, the orders have been carried out successfully. The hero will be released to the other foolish heroes alive. Though I must profess that I am curious as to the nature of the orb. If you would be so generous as to tell me, I would be grateful."

Adler
Interaction: Mordred
Mentioned: Merlin

-
He had not been in the darkness as he had been before when she had first arrived, his form rose from the ground behind his servant slowly, quietly. He regarded her for a moment while she still focused in on the dark room in which he was regularly found, her hate had been his source of initial interest the hate for the knights of old that the first pendragon had laid command over though Mordred's hate seemed to be targeted towards the mage Merlin who had masqueraded as a man in those days long ago. He sometimes wondered why that mage held such a special place in his servant's mind though Adler was not one to ask for motivations of those that follow him, some wanted revenge, maybe they were pushed by their greed or they were just distributed enough that the permission to do what ever they wanted was enough but he had an idea that Mordred's reasoning was deeper then that.
-
His form that had risen out of the ground was more defined then it was in the shadowed room, rather then just a vague outline to his body you were able to tell that his shape was that of a male though those who first saw him wouldn't quite be able to tell his gender just from that. The distinct form of a large brimmed hat sat atop his head while his blue eyes observed the area before him, the shadow still clung to him though the inky darkness was enough that barely any light was bounced off of him leading to the uncanny look about him that put people on edge.
-
"Yes I saw as much Mordred." Adler said from behind her. "Though the task was rather simple I had the up most faith in your ability to complete it." His words were more distinct and...natural now. "As for what the orb does....well walk with me and I will enlighten you." Adler spoke as he turned on his heel and began to walk in his silent way trusting that Mordred would be next to him. "The orb...is hard to explain, it is made from my essence so to speak. Those around me naturally feel their negative emotions more acutely but the orb is designed to take that to the moon in rather simple terms, any negative emotions this hero feels with be magnified by the power of the orb while also putting thoughts of paranoia and doubt in his head. It is my hope that this will sow some chaos and mistrust among our foes, after all trust is their most valuable asset right now and if they fear to put their trust in their fellow heroes then they will fall before us like a tower of cards."

Mordred

Mordred shivered as she felt the presence even more strongly, the appearance of her master was almost guaranteed when she felt that feeling. Though he did not appear in front of her, and instead appeared behind her. In the back of her mind, she felt the hate for Merlin, Arthur, and all the knights of the round table burn anew, but with Merlin being the only palpable target so far, she wished to venture out and kill the woman above all else. She rose to her feet and followed Adler. Though she had never seen the man's face, she had always trusted him since the day when he had taken her under his wing.

She had been scared and cold back then, numerous wounds had covered her body, but her hate burned on as she watched the survivors of the great battle in Britain stumble off. Her vast army had been defeated, the dead littered the battlefield, and she had sworn to herself that she would not die there, would not give up. In the last few moments where she had felt her life force ebbing away, she had sworn an oath that she would have revenge on all the survivors and their descendants, which is why she supposed, when she had found herself alive once more and stumbling into the realm of Lord Adler, that she had sworn an oath of fealty the minute he promised her revenge against the knights of the round table and the wizard Merlin.

She listened as she walked, and nodded, the very orb had been a piece of the essence that had created him. Adler's choice had been a wise one, and it led her to believe that the best move had been the chosen one. Still the hate burned through the questions about the essence, and she felt compelled to ask something.

"Your choice has been a wise one Lord Adler, but I have a request. Please, grant me the liberty of going out to face the witch Merlin. She has survived far too long already, and the ghouls were simply no match for her magecraft. If you but allow me to kill her it will help further destabilize the order I am sure. That is of course, unless you have a better plan for her in the future."

Adler
Mentioned: Merlin

-
He regarded her request, to go after Merlin. Adler hadn't really given thought to the female mage who was part of the opposing force other then when he spoke to Mordred. Adler had an idea of what he would be able to do with the female mage but what would Mordred think, it also risked Mordred and she was a key player in this conflict if she was harmed or killed by the heroes in her attempt on Merlin then he was left weaker for it. "You seek her death more then anything do you not Mordred?" He asked as he stopped walking and looked upon a painting, it was two ships of the line exchanging a broadside. "While normally I would grant your request and give you free reign to hunt her down this moment in time is not the best for such a quest. While I do not doubt your skills Mordred I do doubt you making it out alive and unharmed against all of the heroes even if you do manage to kill Merlin in the process." He paused again this time in thought. "I suggest that you play the long game for your revenge, turn those she trusts against her, make them abandon her and leave her to this cruel world alone and when she is at her most vulnerable offer a hand in friendship. Make her trust you, work with you then when she finally thinks she had found someone to understand and care for her run her through with your sword as you look her in the eyes." Adler turned to look at Mordred. "After all the worst a friends betrayal is the one of the worst things someone can feel but this is merely a suggestion." He finished before looking at the painting again.

Merlin

Merlin sped toward the center of town, her blue cape whipping behind her. She saw the beast get hit once, twice, and then…. A third time? She saw something odd, but couldn't quite make out what it was. Figures moved toward the beast and suddenly it was down for the count. Magic, she could feel it like electricity in the air, smell it like rotting fruit, and taste it on her tongue. She shook her head to rid the feeling from her mind, catching a glimpse of a portal vanishing into thin air. She ran around the body of the monster, coming to a sliding halt near the body of what appeared to be a man. He looked to be wounded and she instantly gripped his shoulders and lifted him, sitting down to rest his head on her lap. There was something on his chest that looked like death itself had been bottled and used on him.

"Just hold on…"

Her hands fluttered about, not sure how to help this – she had no idea what had been done to him. Her face was masked in worry.

"We will get you to safety."

Merlin bit the finger of her left glove, yanking it from her hand and shaking it a little. She muttered a word, watching her fingers spark red and purple. With a firm thrust, she pushed her hand into the air above her, a stream of purple and red light shooting into the sky. This was her flare, these sparkling fireworks that erupted to show her location to their eye in the sky. Hopefully, someone saw it and came to help her as she was not sure she could carry this man herself. Perhaps the dragon man could fly him back to the portal on the hill. They really needed a stretcher of some sort, she was not sure he should be moved much. The fingers of her ungloved hand moved closer to the smashed orb on the man's chest. She did not touch it, but her curiosity was begging her to. Someone had better come before her curiosity got the better of her or she might decide to examine it further.

Robin Hood

Robin plunged another arrow into the eye socket of a ghoul. He watched as all of his comrades continued their assault, until the Lady Merlin struck down the final ghoul. "Well done comrades, it seems as the quest before us shall be completed in no time." Robin put his bow away and made his way to where the lady sorcerer was. "Come lady sorceress, we must tread lightly as we are unsure when those warriors will return. They seem to use the same transportation method as the hooded elder."

Robin followed being the sorceress. She ran to the aid of the frozen man. She raised her hand and fire erupted from her palm. "A signal?" Robin ran up. "Lady Sorceress are you in need of any assistance."Robin interupted just as she was about to touch an ominous looking thing in the man's chest. "We need to remove this man from the battlefield. If need be I can carry him, although truth be told I usually left heavy lifting to Little John."

Last edited by a moderator:
Lugh
Lugh saw as the stone slammed into the creature, decimating its shoulder. However, the strike did not seem to stop it as it kept going. To his surprise, multiple black knights emerged, slicing the creature. But with the last strike, the battle was won. The heroes destroyed the last of the ghouls and an uneasy calm surrounded the battlefield. They had won the battle, but what exactly had the group accomplished.

Failinis rose up from one of the ghouls, arms and clothes splattered with blood and other ooze. Yet she had a warm smile on her face, like a dog who just did a trick. She called to Lugh, "Master, how did I do?" Lugh turned from where he was looking and approached the elated woman. "You did well my good friend," he said as he, to her delight, once again patted her head.

The moment between friends ended when a fireball like projectile flew through the sky. Lugh immediately glanced at Failinis, and without a word she darted off in the direction of the signal. She found herself next to the sorceress and the cocky archer, both of whom she did not particularly like, standing above an injured man. Without really checking the guy, she knee he needed medical attention. She ordered with a noticeable sense of urgency in her voice, "We need to get him out of here, now."

Behind her, Lugh slowly jogged over and upon seeing the group surround the body, he assumed there were enough people for the problem and moved to inspect the dead creature. He sensed some general magic, but could not pinpoint what exactly it was. His specialty was weapons, not magic, so his eyes were immediately drawn to the black spear that protruded from the beast's neck. He yanked it out and held it in his hand, testing the weight and metal to determine a possible origin.

Mordred

Mordred once again listened to the wise words of Adler. Indeed, she believed that to be the best course. But infiltrating the ranks of the heroes would be difficult. Mordred decided on a new course of action. In order to alienate and outcast Merlin, Mordred would need to strip her of all of the little trust the band of heroes had in each other. It was not a difficult task, and indeed would be accomplished with her next move. She relished the thought of running Merlin through with her sword, this kind of revenge would most definitely be sweeter.

"As you say it shall be done Lord Adler. I will await my chance to kill the woman Merlin. In the meantime however, have you any orders fr me to carry out, or shall I disappear to my realm to wait until you summon me once again?"

Mordred twitched and felt a tingle in her left hand when Lugh touched the spear. While the weapon was masterfully balanced and most certainly one of a kind, it was imbued with the very hate that Mordred held for the knights of the round table. Seething memories and emotions were forged into the steel, and touching the weapon connected Lugh to those emotions and memories, flooding his head with the hate Mordred felt for Merlin and the knights of the round table. After just under five seconds of holding the weapon, it disappeared with a sudden discharge of magic and purple electricity that arced and touched Deanta.

Mordred flexed her hand and the spear popped into existence in it. She sighed.

"My apologies Lord Adler, but I seem to have made a slight mistake. My spear was left behind, and someone came in contact with it."

Deanta

Deanta was stuck in a nightmare while he was unconscious. He was standing before the demon once again, his body all but broken, and his spirit nearly crushed. It was the instant that he had made his biggest gambit and attacked the demon again, and it was also the moment the gods picked to freeze him in time. In the moments that he realized what was happening, Deanta had felt extreme despair. He would never see the sky if he was frozen, and that was what he had been fighting for.

When the arc of electricity that touched him jolted him awake, and his eyes fluttered open, the dark orb was absorbed into his chest, no sign of the dark shards that had stuck there a moment ago remained. He sat up as quickly as his stiff muscles allowed him to, the sounds of people around him leading him to look around. Deep in the back of his mind, the seeds of dark doubt and anger began to take root. His ice covered eyes looked about, and his face moved with them.

"Who is there? Name yourself! More ghouls who have suffered the magic of the gods? Or perhaps some fortune of fate has bestowed a magical healer upon me? Whoever you are, I beg of you to help me restore my eyes. To do so would be to leave me forever in your debt."

Jeremiah Helsing

Reaching out to touch the black spear that one of the heroes had picked up, Jeremiah shielded his eyes as the dark weapon exploded. His eyes traced the purple lightning as it coursed through the air and into the man that the female wizard was currently looking over, a brow raised as the hunter observed the dark crystal being absorbed into the man's body. The lightning jolted the man, abruptly bringing him to consciousness and with it, panic. The man then suddenly burst out in questions and finished with some sort of request. The hunter was unfazed by the man's sudden burst of energy and moved past the warriors in front of him. He crouched down in front of the man to inspect the stranger's eyes. It seemed as though the man's eyes had been sealed with ice.

"I'd ask if you were the devil," began Jeremiah, still examining the man's face. "But you're two mouths and three sinners short. I doubt that anyone of us here has the ability to help you with your plight. However, seeing that we were sent here to retrieve you, I have little doubt that those who sent us has some way of assisting you." Jeremiah rose from his crouching position and turned around to make sure that the portal was still open at the top of the hill. "Before we continue, may I have the privilege of knowing who we are dragging out of the ninth circle of hell?"

Lugh
The moment Lugh picked up the spear a wave of energy passed over him. He was suddenly overcome with memories, memories of hate directed to people. In his dreamlike state, he saw images, brief ones at that, of a woman and a group of men. He recognized the men as the Knights of the Round Table, led by the legendary king of kings, Arthur Pendragon. Among them were famous knights such as Lancelot and Percival. But what confused Lugh the most was the woman. She seemed familiar yet unknown at the same time. Followed by the people scenes of war and destruction appeared alongside dead strewn battlefields, with a single emotion attached to it, anger. Before he could clearly identify others in the memories or who caused the war, the spear exploded with energy, catching Lugh a little off guard. He watched as the energy flew in an arc towards the lying man surrounded by an additional person.

When he looked at the group something clicked in his head. There was someone who could be a potential threat especially according to the memories. From where he was standing he yelled to Failinis, "Failinis! Restrain the sorceress immediately!" As ordered, Failinis jumped from her spot and in a blink of an eye jabbed her hand millimeters away from the sorceress's throat, a cold and emotionless expression on her face. Anyone could tell that she was not afraid to go further with her strike. As she held the sorceress down, Lugh marched over to Failinis while ordering the pinned woman, the kind gentle tone in his voice gone, "Alright now, you are going to explain to me who you are and your connection to King Arthur. NOW." Normally Lugh would not resort to such measures, but the woman could pose a serious threat, especially with her connection to the death and destruction. A person like her could be a potential threat to them all and risk their lives.

@solostride @conman2163

Adler

-
"You may stay or go my dear, I have no other orders for you at the moment but we are entering the main stage of this little war and I may need you at a moments notice." He spoke to her, Adler knew that as the heroes made their moves against him and his forces Mordred and any others he would bring into the fold would need to work double time. He was not arrogant enough to believe that only he and Mordred would be able to interrupt all of the heroes operations as they still outnumbered them, he needed more followers. "Actually Mordred I do have another mission for you." He turned to face her while his arms were crossed behind his back. "I need...more followers, more people to spread my influence. You have been immeasurably helpful to me since the day you found me all those years ago but our enemy is numerically superior at the moment and I would rather not run you ragged trying to respond to everything the heroes to. I am also sure others will make their way to us I would like you to be on the lookout for anyone who would be an...asset to our cause whether they be human or a scorned soul like yourself bring them before me." Adler finished as he awaited her response.

Merlin

Melina was already hauling the man up and handing him off to Robin when the spear burst in Lugh's hand. She smelled that familiar scent of magic and shook her head with a sigh. Her position beneath the injured man's arm was stolen from her suddenly when she was attacked by the woman the knight was calling Failinis. Melina's eyes went wide and she slammed to the ground, pinned beneath the transformable weapon atop her. The confusion and worry was very evident on her features. Lugh's anger came crashing down on her with the same scent of magic attached to it. With both assaulting her senses, she was taken aback to a time long before. Her eyes opened as if anew to the old world she had once walked in. There she saw King Arthur and his brave knights sitting about the round table. Their conversation veered off briefly and the sound of laughter filled the hall. Glasses clinked, ringing throughout the air. Melina… appearing as her female self, the servant, stood to the back of the room with a pitcher in her hands. Watching the cheerful moment made her cheerful as well and she could not help but smile for she knew that she had helped to bring about those joyous guffaws even if the noble men themselves did not know. They looked so happy and for this moment in time, burned into her memory, they were filled with peace.

In the next second, Merlin was blinking her eyes open again to the vision of Failinis over her and looking a bit more terrifying than she had when she had first appeared. The rage and hatred in Lugh's voice, the expression on his face, the familiar buzz of magic in the air... "…That is Mordred's hate…. I would recognize it anywhere." Her words were very quiet, shock taking over her mind for a second. The taste of her enemy's rage and dark magic was like blood and bile on her tongue. That meant that Mordred was alive and back as well. Someone had also brought back such a dangerous, hateful person. The spear Lugh had touched must have been connected to her magic, which meant that Mordred's magic was currently stronger than her own. This was very bad. Mordred would destroy them all and it would be done as a woman fought – with manipulation, deception, and fear. It was so different from the simple face-to-face battles that men partook in. Mordred was here and was turning them against her.

She looked around Failinis to see Lugh once again, choosing her words carefully. "In those days, I went by more than one name. I assume the one you are looking for is Merlin. I was King Arthur's servant and Sorcerer." She watched Lugh closely, hoping against hope that her words got through to him and he believed her. Her eyes were entirely sincere, but if he was under a spell of some sort, it would take more to convince him of her innocence. Slowly, she opened the palm of her left hand which was gloveless unlike her right hand. "If you do not believe me, then take my hand. I can show you." This situation was worrying, but despite her anxiety for the outcome, it was clear that she was telling the truth.

@Ramboing

Last edited:
Robin hood

Robin took the man from the sorceress just in time, for moments later their companion Lugh and his servant attacked Merlina. Robin jumped back confused by the action. He shouted. "What is the meaning of this Lugh? The sorceress is a member of our band of heroes. Have your servant release her."

Robin heared Lugh demand for an explication as the two went back and forth speaking of memories past. Robin watched, then grew tired of the squabble. He placed the man gently on the ground then whispered, "pardon me good sir, however by my honor I can not ignore a lady in need." Robin walked up and stood behind the sorceress he drew his sword and pointed it at Failinis. "I do not understand the circumstances of this dispute however you will do well as to remove yourself from atop the sorceress. We are comrades and need to resolve our issues as such." Robin had plenty of experience dealing with squabbles in the ranks thanks to his time with his Merry men.

He waited to hear the response from Lugh and Failinis.

@Ramboing @SoleStride @conman2163

Deanta

Deanta was very confused to say the least. Apparently he was the target of some kind of rescue mission, with heroes like himself coming to save him. It was very interesting indeed. Deanta sighed when one of the men said that they could not fulfill his request but rather someone else would have to. It was a sad thing to learn, but he did not argue with it. The sounds of a scuffle though were what startled him. It seemed that the heroes were not all so friendly with each other, and in the interest of being able to defend himself, Deanta summoned his sword and shield. It would not do to go into any fight unarmed. While he had no plan to attack anyone, he would most definitely defend himself if need be.

Mordred

Mordred nodded and bowed.

"Of course Lord Adler. It shall be as you say. Actually I have already spoken to quiet a few who seemed amicable to your cause. I shall summon them now, as you seem eager to expand our ranks."

Turning, Mordred summoned her sword, and the flipped it up and slammed it into the ground. A portal ripped itself into the air in front of the blade, and it suddenly linked to many other regions around the world. Portals everywhere popped up into the realms of other villains. Out of each a single black knight stepped through bearing a simple message: "Lady Mordred wishes for you to come and meet Lord Adler."

Jeremiah Helsing

Upon hearing Lugh's command and feeling Failinis brush past him as she rushed towards the female wizard, Jeremiah reacted in a not too kindly fashion. Years of hunting supernatural monsters and beasts had granted Jeremiah a near inhuman reaction speed. This speed now came into play as the hunter spun around, leveling his rifle in between Lugh's eyes. The hunter was glad that the bandit had also moved, even if the leader of the merry men was far too energetic for his liking.

Jeremiah's eyes quickly scanned the young man's face to see if he could catch a glimpse as to why the hero would order an attack on their own. Celtic, if Jeremiah had to guess, but he still had no idea who this man was. He had, however, witnessed the man's strength when the hero had used his sling to completely destroy the beast's arm. Still, Jeremiah did not show any fear.

Jeremiah took a deep breath, gun still aimed at Lugh. "I do not know who you are," said Jeremiah in a soft voice. "I do not t know what you can do, and for all I know, this silver bullet that comes out of this gun might not do shit to you. However, if you don't tell your spear over there to to stand down, I still will not know who you are, I still will not know what you can do, but I will know if this silver bullet that comes out of this gun will do shit to you."

Hearing Merlin's offer to show Lugh something, Jeremiah circled around the hero so that Lugh stood between the hunter and the sorceress.

Achilles couldn't help but grin when he saw his spear hit its mark with nigh-perfect precision. The strike didn't seem to have caused any extremely apparent damage to the beast but such a crippling blow would have certainly taken its toll. If he alone were fighting that beast in his current condition, it would have taken more than a a few days of relentless combat to subdue it. But with the concentrated efforts of his new-found friend Lugh, who caused significant damage to the beast and the other heroes' attempts as well, it seemed that the job would be finished before Zeus could fornicate with another mortal woman.

His grin turned into a serious frown, however, when he noticed dark apparitions join the fray and take all of the glory for themselves in dealing the killing blow before vanishing just as quickly as they had appeared. That didn't sit well with him. at all.

"Considering how little I have done in this particular excursion, I wouldn't have minded if any of these other heroes took the glory for themselves. But those apparitions killing it just ruins the celebratory mood. It's like tracking and wounding a boar multiple times only to have another hunter swoop in for the kill and claim the prize as his own..." He said to nobody in particular before deciding on rejoining the group. As he was walking, he felt a tingling sensation on his hand. Out of curiosity, he stretched it and his spear appeared in his hand in an instant.

"That's... new." He said as he stared at his spear with an awestruck expression. Back when he was alive, he could have sworn that this same spear had no supernatural properties and yet this one just magically returned to him in an instant. He inspected the spear throroughly and found faint glowing symbols written in ancient greek that read "Whosoever wields this spear would not lose this weapon no matter the circumstance. It shall return to its master wherever he may be."

"I'm not really fond of magic but I guess this is pretty convenient." He mused.

Upon rendezvousing with the others, however, he was astonished how this group, who had taken up arms and fought alongside one another were now pointing daggers, literal and figurative, amongst themselves. From what he heard from the Celt, it seems their magically-inclined companion has a few secrets of her own.

He had to give props to Merlin, however, for managing to explain her side of the story while being held at blade-point by the lovely, shape shifting spear-woman, Failinis. It takes nerves of steal to even utter a single word in that situation and Achilles was glad he wasn't the one Nis was pointing her blade to.

The bowman, on the other hand, rushed to the sorceress aid with far too much gusto. Most of the time, the archer's presence alone would annoy Achilles but he was relieved to see how fast Robin Hood reacted. Otherwise, the situation might have taken a grim turn.

The archer was followed by the eccentrically dressed man holding some sort of projectile weapon. He quickly aimed such weapon at the spearman but after Merlin offered to provide a more in-depth explanation of what exactly scared Lugh shitless enough to act accordingly, he was forced to stand down, albeit, refusing to let his guard down against the armored blond. Considering the feat he had accomplished just a little while ago, it was a wise move not to underestimate what Lugh is capable of doing.

"I've analyzed the situation so far and realized that both sides make a valid point. I personally believe from what I have seen up to this point that Lugh would not have carelessly ordered Nis to attack you if these visions that he claims to have seen hadn't truly shaken him to the core. However, it is also not just to hold Merlin accountable for whatever atrocities you witnessed in that vision without hearing out thoroughly her side of the story. So the way I see it, we have two choices: a.) play into our opponent's hand by ripping each others throat right now and doing their work for them, or b.) we could hear the two sides of the story and come to an unbiased decision as to which course of action would benefit us as a whole. If this is all it took to turn us against one another then I fear what our enemy is truly capable off once they get serious." Achilles said in a solemn voice as he got in between Lugh and the sorceress.

Last edited:
Dracula

A knight, sent by Mordred, stepped out of a portal into a large room. Everything was very victorian, from the armchair in front of the knight to the double oak wooden doors behind him. Everything was also in some level of decay. The walls were peeling, the roof leaked and, if the knight turned to look out the door, the knight could see that whatever building the room was located in had been partially demolished by time.

A fire crackled in the fireplace before the armchair, casting flickering lights across the disarrayed room. A figure, a man, sat in the chair, sipping from a wineglass some curious red liquid. After several seconds of silence, the man spoke.

"I used to live here," began the man to his visitor. "It wasn't in such a mess back then, mind you. Chandeliers, curtains, servants, and parties, parties every night with lights and music. I even had a stable full of horses that I could ride out whenever I wanted to." The man sighed and took a sip of his drink. "I'm sorry, I just came back from a social gathering with mortals and the festivity, it made me, well, nostalgic. Anyway, may I know what has earned me this honor of having you over?"

"Lady Mordred wishes you to come and meet Lord Alder."

The man sat silent for a moment before replying. "Lady Mordred? Now that's a name I haven't heard of for a very long time. You know, I fought under her command, back when she tried overthrowing King Arthur Pendragon. Shame how that went down." The man took another sip. "This 'Adler' fellow, however. I don't believe I've ever met him before, or heard of him, for that matter. Who is he?" When this question earned him the reply of silence, the man started guessing. "Lord Adler. Is he another knight or perhaps a king? I would not be surprised if Mordred went to seek another ruler after her humiliating defeat...no? Perhaps a magician then, one well versed in the dark arts. Also no? You really aren't making this easy for me." The man stood up from his chair and turned to face the knight. He was a handsome man, appearing to be in his late twenties or early thirties. His skin was pale, almost white, which made a stark contrast with his raven black hair. Nothing suggested he was anything more than human except for his red eyes that seemed to cast a dim glow.

"Not a king, not a magician. A god perhaps? Ah! I see that you will not answer me. Very well then, I shall entertain our lady and meet with this 'Lord Alder'. Abel!" the man let out a whistle and a large wolf crept from behind the couch. "Alright Abel, we're going out. Remember to behave yourself."

The man nodded at the dark knight, signifying that he was ready to leave.

GM Post

The knight nodded and stood. The man whom he had been sent to fetch didn't seem very vampire ish at all, contrary to what he had been told. No fangs that the knight could see, in fact, all of him but his eyes casting the dim red glow seemed normal. Albeit he was creepy as hell. But you could figure that out by just looking at where the guy chose to live. It wasn't surprising. The bits of information that Dracula chose to give him were certainly enlightening to say the least though.

"Of course Lord, please step through the portal, Lord Adler and Lady Mordred await you on the other side."

The knight stepped aside, and in a sweeping motion gestured to the whole of the portal.

Meanwhile in the Ice Cave

All at once the sound of thousands of ghouls coming from one singular direction could be heard. From the side of the town opposite to the portal an absolutely overwhelming amount of human ghouls were shuffling towards those in the center. Among the creatures were hundreds of the other larger beasts, and they seemed pissed about the death of their friend. Staying around much longer was a bad idea.

Lugh
Lugh looked straight at the woman. He was unsure how to react to her claim of being the great Merlin. However some things did make sense such as her relation to King Arthur in the memories. What did make him uneasy was the mention of Mordred. He had heard the legends and how her impact destoyed the Knights of the Round Table. Lugh looked at the reactions of the others and realizing the situation he had put everyone, he sighed and ordered, "Failinis stand down." Failinis relased Merlin, backing away back to her master's side.

"Alright Merlin, what do you have to show me?" he said, hand outstreched for her to grab.

Piper
The black knight appeared in a small room. The interior was generally organized with small dolls scattered on the floor. Near him was a bed with other toys and pink pillows. The room was obviously for a young girl. Behind the knight a young girl, no older than 7, walked through the door holding a small flute. She stared at the knight, no real fear in her eyes just eyes of curiousty. Looking at the knight, she called behind her, "Mommy!? There's a knight in my room!" She looked back at the knight and asked, "Hi my name is Eunice what is yours." From downstairs a voice shouted, "Honey, I'll be right up. We can play more King Arthur together!"

After a few minutes passed a young woman appearsd at the door of the room. She had a pair of jeans on with a vintage Led Zepplein shirt on. The smile that was on her face quickly disappeared when she saw the knight. Her eyes darted, looking for the young girl, findng her at a small tea tabel with her toys. The girl didn't seems fazed by the black knight, the woman on the other hand was disturbed by it. She quickly calmed herself and softly suad to the girl, "Eunice why don't you wait downstairs while I talk to my friend?" "Yes mommy the girl responded."

Once Eunice left the room, the woman locked the door behind her and stared straight at the knight. "Who sent you?" The knight simply responded as ordered, "Lady Mordred wishes you to come and meet Lord Alder."

"Well then. If it werent for the fact that I have to read about myself to my daughter, in an albeit crappy story, I wouldn't believe you. Now, knowing Mordred and the stuff I heard about her, she probably used her bullshit magic again to find me." She leaned on the bed, hands on her head. "I'll be honest her, I was shocked by my reincarnation. Seriously. One second I was dead, the next I was here. I took it as a second chance to be good so I adopted Euinice to give her a nice home and tried to raise her in the best way possible. I even left Germany and came to England just for that." She sighed, obviously worried about the girl. Standing up she looked directly at the knight a serious tone in her voice. "Now I don't know who the hell this Alder guy but I can tell he knows who I am and what I can do. I can also tell that this just one simple invite so I'll save the fight and just say yes. Give me a second though." Without a response she walked out the room.

A few minutes later she walked back in this time in a bright costume, a large crow mask over her face. In her right hand she had a small flute. "Now then. I dropped Eunice off at "Aunt" Jenny's place. So. The Pied Piper of Hamlet at your service," she said, sarcastically bowing.

@conman2163 or @Clyde

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.