Guardian: The Anarchist (one on one roleplay with emybear, feel free to observe and message)

Status
Not open for further replies.
She closed her hand around the dagger, then tucked it away into one of the loops on her belt. Looking to Abraxas, she began to follow him to the door, only to be stopped. She barely made out the figures of the Orcs, but she could feel her blood boiling. It took all control to not run out and chase after them, to kill as many as she could before she was taken out. Gritting her teeth, she shook her head and looked back to abraxas as he spoke.
With a smirk, she folded her arms in front of her. "As good as you need me to be."

Finding this humans courage and confidence admirable I said "then follow me as best as you are able." He ran up the stairs and opened the window at the top looking back to her, motioned with his head to follow as the roof tops and walls were in plain site. The rain falling off of the walls like fountains and rooves puddled with water as thunder and lighting struck "the rain will mask our noises and allow us to get to the east gate, orcs are clumsy and will not use arrows if we are spotted and the flooded areas will keep them from following us." After he explained this he bowed his and put his fists together. "Luna, patron of the moon and mistress of the night. May my aim be true, my hand steady and my feet swift. And if the worst come to pass, grant me forgiveness" the moment he finished he spun and leapt from the window grabbing the ledge of the neighboring roof and climbing it.

She nodded, right on his heels as he ran upstairs. She looked outside, feeling a small bit of fear. Sure, she was good at climbing, fighting, whatever needed to be done. But in these conditions? She closed her eyes, listening to his words, calming herself. She heard him jump from the window, and she opened her eyes to watch him. She smiled, and a few seconds later, followed. She wasn't nearly as graceful as he was, her hands slipping now and then, feet fumbling, but she still managed to keep up with him.

He kept making sure she was still there on his tail happy that she could keep up for the most part until he stopped and motioned for her to do the same, crawling to the edge of the building he watched the people in the streets for any abnormalities until he was satisfied. "Despite the unwanted presence in the town all seems well for now." Looking to her he simply nodded knowing that she couldn't see his face. "Are you ready to move once more? Or shall we take a moment?"

Coming to a halt, she crouched down and looked over the edge of the building as well. She could still feel her blood boiling, but she had calmed down enough. She observed, seeing no sign of the group of orcs. Just the regual townspeople milling about.
She glanced over at him, nodding in return. "I'm ready to move whenever you are."

"Good" in the instant he said that Abraxas was on the move again jumping from one building to the next until he looked down upon an alley then turned his head to lily. "Wait here I must attend to a personal matter." Leaping from the building into the alley he landed and began talking to another man handing him a sack of gold for two items, one a scroll of paper and another seemed to be a simple key.

She followed,even though her legs were beginning to ache and burn. Just as she was about to call to Abraxas, he stopped.
With a nod, she sat down on the roof, her heels propped up against the ledge to keep from slipping. She leaned over just enough to keep an eye on him, watching as he exchanged items with another. She was curious, but would say nothing. She glanced down the alley way one way, then the other. Just at one end, she saw a commotion of a small group of men. She glanced back down nervously.
All she wanted to do was resupply and leave, but she had become curious of this man, and what intentions he had.

Climbing back up to the roof he grabbed the scroll and handed it to her. "This will give you passage to any location in the country, you are free to go I will not force you to stay." Turning and walking to the ledge he said "but do you ever wonder what your purpose is on this world? Few do, I believe that you can help humanity from the orcs if you so desire instead of traveling alone."

She stared down at the scroll, then to him, tilting her head to one side. "Of course I want to know my purpose.. ever since," she paused, unable to even say that her family was gone. It seemed too final, and she didn't want it to be. "Ever since I've left home, I've been alone, wandering. I want to help, I want to get back at them. But how? "
She got to her feet again and walked to him. A desperate and painful look written on her face, but her eyes glowed with determination. "What can I do Abraxas? "

Putting a hand on her shoulder he whispered "I need your help, I lost many allies in my first attempt on Zolad the king of kings. It cost the south the armies protection and now humans are being pushed back because they are being taken seriously." He looked away sitting on the ledge looking into the mountains. "You know what? I am starved what do you say to a meal?"

She nodded, taking in his words. She wasn't the best fighter, but she had survived this long, so she felt she could contribute her skills. "I will do what I can. It's the least I could do after everything you have done. And to get my revenge."
With a faint smile, she patted her stomach. "And yes, I suppose I could go for some food."

"Then let us go." He guided her down the rooftops and stops her for a moment "vengeance is always appealing lily, but you mustn't let it misdirect you from what is most important. The survival of our kind." Leaving her with those words Abraxas opened the door for her to walk in.

On her feet again, she followed him off the rooftops, glad they were taking a moment for food. When he turned back to her, she listened, nodding.
Deep down, she knew he was right. But the cloud of hate and anger that filled her heart and mind, made her feel otherwise. She sighed,. "I know. I am sorry. But, I can't promise my revenge won't be my fuel, but I will keep everything in check and help however I can."
With that, she followed him inside, greeted by warmth, the low murmur of conversation, and various smells.

"As long as the hate is pointed in the right direction." Following her he pulled a seat out for her and went to the bar to the matron behind the counter to grab some drinks in a somewhat annoyed tone she asked "what would you like I'm busy so make it quick." Smirking Abraxas dropped the gold pieces on the counter and said "your finest ale miss." Her expression changed and sounded concerned "are you daft boy? That is reserved for the local thieves." His retort was to the point "I am offering more for two of those drinks than they pay for in a week, are you going to refuse? Also if they have a problem send them to me." Sighing and shaking her head she said fine and that she will through in to slabs of elk steak as well along with bringing it to the table. Adjourning back to lily.

About to sit down, she noticed him pull a chair out for her. She smiled, gave her thanks, then slid into the chair. As he left, she watched momentarily, before unclipping the brooch at her throat, letting her cloak hang off the back of her chair. Keeping an eye on the room, she ran her fingers along the grooves in the table. Some were natural,made from the formation of the wood. Other were crude, made from the knives, axes, swords, and whatever else others used to carve into the table. She became lost in thought while waiting, so caught up in things she jumped a little when Abraxas returned.
"Oh. Sorry, I didn't see you come back. Everything okay over there? " she asked, nodding her head towards the lady at the bar. "She seemed a little. Displeased."

"Nervous but not displeased." Sliding her drink to her he lowered his mask taking a long drink then setting it down still letting his hood block the upper half of his face. "So tell me lily, where does one acquire your running talents?"

She took the drink, lifting it to her lips and taking a sip. Scrunching her nose a little, she took another before placing the mug back on the table.
"Well," she started, running a finger along the rim of the mug. "A lot of things, I guess. I used to help my brother with the wild animals, so that required endurance. Running with horse, and now for roughly several months, running for my life. "
She shrugged her shoulders a little, taking a quick glance over her shoulder, then back up to him. "Why do you always keep your face hidden? "

He sat with his head down, hands interlocked on the table listening to her. "It adds an aura of fear to others and permits them to stay away from me or at least not pry into my business. But do tell me about these wild animals you spent time with." A small smile spreading across his lips he took a small drink.

She smirked some, shaking her head slightly. "Well, while it may inspire fear in some, it only causes me to become curious. But, I do not pry when it is not my place." She listened, pausing with his question.
"We lived close to the mountains, so we had all sorts. Between chasing away the bears, mountain lions and the likes, had to learn to be quick. Then I'd help chase down deer to hunt." She shrugged again, sipping her ale thoughtfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.