Guardian Character's Guidance

Johns imply nodded throughout, and let no signs of any pain show In actuality, he was in agony - his insides felt as if they were on fire, and he was liable to collapse at any given moment. Jet had known this, but had said nothing - if Sen had seen John crumple to the floor like a soggy sheet of paper, there was no telling what she would do. But the fact remained that he was still in need of assistance, having expended far too much energy in his state of blind, primal rage. Blood began to trickle down the side of his mouth as he forced his body in the general direction of the medical room, each step extorting yet more energy from him. Jet seemed like he could break down at any time, but he remained stoic. John was old enough to make his own decisions, and even then, Jet's thoughts on matters like this were considered arbitrary by his owner.

Kura-chan says nothing about what she sees to Sen. There would be no good in that. She bows to the two of them and shoots Jet a look of understanding about John's condition. She would not say a word to Sen. Kura-chan follows the hobbling Sen into her butler's limo. Sen passed out on the way home and so the butler had to carry Sen up to her room. Her parents were not home, but this was normal... Her parents never resided at home.

Sen's eyes fluttered open when she was set down on her bed.
"Jeeves... What's your dream?" Sen asked suddenly.
Jeeves does not say anything for a few moments. Then he takes a deep breath, "I wanted to be with your mother. Why do you ask?"
"I just wondered Jeeves... So what do you do now that you can't..." Sen said softly.
"I protect her daughter, now time for you to rest." Jeeves says tucking her in and closing the door to her room.
Sen does not fall asleep right away. She is actually worried about John, but she shouldn't ponder over such things, but something in the air seemed off. Sen slept, but not without John's well being crossing her mind.

John had collapsed on the medical room's bed - not a common occurrence, but the staff had grown used to seeing him there. Regardless, the condition in which he always showed up in was a worrying sight for anybody who was supposed to care about him, as he looked paler than was healthy, and the blood coming from his mouth did no favours at all. Barely conscious and lacking even the ability to sit up properly, he simply rested, and allowed his spinning head to settle itself, and for him to gather his bearings. There was barely any noise coming from him, bar his steady breathing, but he would be fine.
Even if he still felt atrocious.
"Don't keep doing this, John," Jet muttered, "You're not only hurting yourself, but if Sen ever found out... I know Kura can keep this under wraps, but word spreads quickly in this school..."

Sen was awakened by Kura-chan's shaking.

"Finally you woke up. I was getting worried." Kura-chan said, the color returning to her face.
"Why, what happened?" Sen asked, confused.
"You stopped breathing."
"Oh... I suppose it's time for me to-"
"NO, Sen we are staying home."
"But what about Joh-"
Kura-chan smiled, "What was that?"
"Nothing. Please, I have to see if he's okay. That X Character didn't look like one that would fall so quickly or so easily."
"I wouldn't reccomend..."
"Why not?"
"Just, please stay home."
"Fine... I'll stay home. I'm just worried."
"I know Sen... I know."
Sen covered herself and went to sleep. She broke a fever a few hours later. She would not awake until the next morning.

John had been taken home, but his constant coughing and hacking gave too much away. Twice, he almost vomited - one time, there were flecks of blood. He was in an appalling state, yes, but it was nothing new to him. His energy was something to be used sparingly, and over the past two days, with the foes he had encountered, he had essentially used up his reserves. But he didn't mind, as it was to keep Sen from harm, and though he could not always succeed - as had been proved - he did what he could. For the rest of the day, he would likely stay at home, and rest himself.

Sen awoke Saturday morning feeling much better now that she had rested. She was feeling a little dazed though seeing as she had slept all day yesterday and did not go to school. Still she wondered heavily about John whose condition she knew nothing about. Kura-chan had been acting a little strange whenever she mentioned him, but Sen more or less bypassed it as nothing serious. Things happened like always on a Saturday morning. Her butler greeted her with the usual formalities and served her breakfast.

After breakfast, Sen thought she would have a stroll outside. Her butler Jeeves told her to be safe and not to talk to strangers. Sen laughed off the warning, but promised she would be careful. However, once she was outside, she realized that she had no reason to be roaming the streets. Sen had no friends to hang out with besides Kura-chan. She found a nearby bench and sat down. She pulled out her parasol to protect her porcelain skin whilst she waited for something exciting. Who would be on the streets this early on a Saturday morning?

John had, against his own judgement and Jet's concerns, attended school. He suspected nasty rumours would spread about Sen, should both of them be off at the same time - seeing as the students had noticed them becoming more friendly towards each other, this was of little surprise to John. Regardless of the fact he had felt tired, sick, light headed and drained of energy, he had soldiered on, and did his part in keeping things under wraps. It was no surprise, then, that he appeared rather haggard as he limped back to his house while Sen was off, and collapsed on the floor - he hadn't the energy to trudge upstairs.

A breath of fresh air was doing John a world of good - he had largely recovered, but it was just the lingering intermittent stomach pains, and his slight dizziness and paleness. Jet, though worried about the log-term effects of John punishing his body as he did, did not question his owner's actions. That, and he also felt a walk would do him no harm.
"Hey John, I can sense someone... Someone familiar... Ooh, it's Kura and Sen! You should-"
"You're forgetting something, Jet."
"Hm?"
"I'm supposed to be helping Holly moving her things. I have an appointment to keep."
"You know as well as I do she's not back from the shops until one."
"Not the point, lead me to Sen."
And this is precisely what happened - with time to spare until the scheduled moving was to happen, he paced casually to Sen, with Jet approaching Kura somewhat anxiously.

"We need to talk," he whispered to her, "About John."
Meanwhile, John simply nodded to greet Sen, and followed it up with "Good morning."

Kura-chan looked at Jet and after hearing what he had to say, she nodded. Sen smiled at Kura-chan.
"I'll be fine, just don't wander to far okay Kura-chan." Sen said offering Kura-chan a small smile, "Good morning John."
It was obvious that Sen didn't know anything about what had happened while she was away.
"I hope things at school went okay. How did our science experiment turn out? I know we finished really early..." Sen said smiling contently at him.
For some reason things seemed a little off. Sen didn't have any plans for the day, but she didn't want to keep John if he was busy. Besides, he probably had more of a life than she did. Probably more friends too. Was it safe to say John and Sen were friends? Sen didn't know. She considered John a friend after he had saved her so maybe it would be logical to say that he felt the same. All of these thought more or less croweded her brain.

"Don't worry, it went fine. Say, I'm not particularly busy until one o'clock. Would it be feasible for you to spend time with me? One can only derive so much entertainment on their lonesome."
John did not beat around the bush - he wanted someone to help pass the time, and Sen seemed the perfect person for it. They were well-acquainted, and she seemed to get along well with him. It was fairly obvious who he would choose to be in the company of, for the time being. For now, he considered making small talk, in order to help ease things up a little - he always thought she seemed little tense, and needed to be a little more outgoing. Not much, but enough to come out of her shell.

Once they were out of earshot, the redhead character began.
"I'm not going to make any formalities, Kura," Jet opened solemnly, his tone and demeanour not befitting of a character supposed to have a lively, give-em-hell attitude, "I'm worried about John. His health, as you can guess, is not the best. Whenever he transforms, his body takes a terrible toll, and as you've seen, doing it too often can leave him in little better states than a dying animal. But he refuses to accept the fact that if this keeps up, he'll kill himself. He knows it could happen at any time, but he refuses to accept that it'll happen soon. All I want to do is make sure he paces himself - and don't think I'm blaming Sen when I say this, but he seems to have taken to her, and is trying to protect her the best he can. Unfortunately, his best means... Well... I don't quite know what to say. He won't even talk to a doctor about it, not even Holly - he says he's fine, but he's not! He wants to protect everyone, but he doesn't even protect himself, and I can't do anything!"

Sen looked at John and simply offered him a small smile. She was happy that John had asked to occupy his time with her. She was glad to have someone that was willing to do something of the sort.
"I would like to spend time with you." Sen said politely, "Would you like to get ice cream?"
Sen was not sure about John's interest and she did not want to overstep her boundaries. She was hoping that he liked ice cream or something. She was rather fond of ice cream and in her mind it would be a good way to pass the time. Maybe someone like John would prefer coffee. She was concerned about accomadating to him because she didn't want to mess up their friendship if they had one. At least, if John preferred coffee, he would be able to get some at the shop she suggested.

Kura-chan just looked at Jet and was letting all he said sink in.
"Sen would be devastated if she found out about John's condition..." She started to say, "But his condition worries me also. Is there any medicine he can take for it or anything? Do you think that Sen could convince him to do anything about it?"
Kura-chan was more worried about John than she led on and she was even more worried about what would happen should Sen get in trouble again. She agreed that John may have become quite taken with Sen as Sen was quite taken with him, though she probably wouldn't admit that openly. It was only a matter of time before Sen found out and the results wouldn't be good should she find out in the middle of fight. Kura-chan sighed. Their situation seemed hopeless and she knew close to nothing about John himself, but she really wanted to help him. She was unsure as if there was any she would be able to do it.

"I suppose ice cream would be adequate."
In actuality, he was impartial to it all - he didn't want to waste Sen's time by seeming fickle. He did not feel particularly hungry, and eating something s cold as ice cream had proven to upset his stomach in the past. However, considering he had significantly improved from someone who was housebound as a small child, he decided a small bit of vanilla would not harm him much. He could blame his slight pallor on something he ate, and he was sure he could make an excuse to brush off anything else.

Jet shook his head, sighing.
"the doctors can't find what's wrong with him, and I know the bloke better than anyone - the only person able to change him is himself. Stubborn git. If he saw that people could protect themselves, he wouldn't need to do this. But if he felt he wasn't needed, he'd be a broken shell of a man, unable to face up to not having any purpose - in his eyes, mind. I want him to just see that he doesn't need to be a protector - that he can just be himself now. He's not the top dog any more, regardless of his influence. But he doesn't want to accept he's able to just stand back..."

Sen got an odd feeling from John's statement. She almost felt as if getting ice cream would be a little one sided, but John was perhaps too polite to say no. However, that didn't bother Sen in the slightest. It was nice day out and the two of them needn't get ice cream if they could do without.

"I've decided that I will not get ice cream John. I'm sorry, you are probably not hungry." Sen says softly, smiling at him, "How about a leisure walk in the park?"

Kura-chan listens to Jet intently. John's condition sounded serious. Sen could take care of herself. She had proven that already, but she was still frail and as much as Kura-chan hated to make the suggestion, it seemed to be the only option.
"Would you prefer it if..." Kura-chan took a deep breath, "Sen did not see John anymore? It would be understandable. Sen wants to prove that she is strong and she will get hurt in the process, but if John will suffer for it... perhaps it would be best correct?"
Kura-chan felt true sympathy for Sen at the moment. Perhaps Sen's only friend would be torn away from her within the time span of one week. The inequity of it was saddening. Kura-chan did not have any idea as to how she would say this to Sen should Jet decide that this option is the best way to go. She nearly cried thinking about it. Sen would be devastated, but she'd understand if she knew about John's condition, but Kura-chan knew that Sen would take full blame for what happened. This situation didn't seem to have an easy resolution.

"I don't mind. Whatever pleases you."
John really did not mind - whatever Sen wanted to do, he would adhere to it, to the best of his ability. He wasn't going to stick around for much longer, having made plans, but he at least wanted to make sure he saw to Sen before he left. Jet also seemed a little agitated - but he could ask him about it later. In fact, Jet seemed a lot less lively than usual to him - but he made no bones about it. The two knew each other to never keep secrets - at least, he hoped so. Jet was his own guardian character, and to have secrets kept from himself by himself would be humiliating.

"I think she should just see less of him. They can't be allowed to fight together - I don't think John should fight at all. Make it clear he'll always be her friend, but let the guardians and Sen deal with rogue characters and eggs. He'll never be in a good enough condition to fight, I can tell you that much."
Jet didn't want to see John alone again - his humanity had been slipping away, piece by piece. Emotion and feeling had slipped through his fingers, leaving an empty shell of a boy, only remaining because of an underlying sense of duty. He was a monster - unable to care, only think.

"Let us walk, but just for a little while of course. The sun is not kind to delicate skin such as mine." Sen says letting her parasol be her shade once again. Once they are walking, Sen tries her hand at small talk, "I think I'm quite fond of you John. You are much different from others. I don't know what it is, but I thought perhaps you should know. Do you other plans for the day?"

Sen is not the best at small talk and she finds it hard to carry on a conversation with others. It is rather difficult for her, but it can be assumed because it is hard for her to connect with others on an intellectual level. She tutors many, but to most she is simply a tutor and nothing more.

Kura-chan only looked at the ground. She hated that her suspicions were right. Since she was Sen, she was just too smart for her own good. More often times than not, Sen asked the questions she really didn't want answers too and now Kura-chan knew also what it felt like. However, she was sure Sen could stay out of trouble because Jet was right. John was not in any condition to fight at all.

"I suppose you're right. However, I must request something of you. Sen isn't a social butterfly and neither is John, but if there is no danger present, I would like them to see each other. I don't want Sen to revert to how she used to be..." Kura-chan trailed off.

John cocked an eyebrow at Sen saying she was quite fond of him - in horribly cheesy movies and awfully-written novels, it was often the prelude to something of minor interest. However, he was quite relieved to hear what followed - only a question of whether he was free or not.
"Actually, I seem to recall promising to help Holly move some furniture at one o'clock. That's not for a while, though, so we should be able to take a walk, or whatever you wish to do, in order to pass the time."
John was not quite a sociable person - it was not a matter of intellect, nor was it interests. It was simply the fact that nobody wanted to speak to him, or even do so much as interact with him in a manner not derogatory to his will to tolerate stupidity. He was simply an irritable person, no matter how much he hid it beneath a mask of stoic, sentinel-like mannerisms.

"I'll see to it that he's not engaged in conflict. I can't bear to see him do... Well, you know. I's not going to be easy but I have to persuade him his duty to the Guardians was terminated, and he no longer has to serve them. He is his own person now."
Jet sighed, knowing he had little influence over John. He wanted to help him in any way he could a hard task, considering he refused to help himself. The day was quite warm, so it seemed - without a drink, or some form of cooling off, he feared John would show signs of his condition. Not a good thing, under any circumstances.

"I see. Moving furniture will be difficult in this heat. Shall we stop to get something to drink? Besides I am parched anyway." Sen suggested, "I'm sorry I am really bad at small talk. I do hope you'll tolerate that."

Sen didn't know how to carry on conversation. Even if her life depended on it, Sen's conversation probably wouldn't last for more than a few minutes. It was quite disappointing and Sen's face was quite inviting, but it's easy to pick on her. Sen was often labeled as what one would call a geek.

Kura-chan nodded.
"Perhaps Sen will have to hone her skills so that John can see that it is no longer his job. However, I fear that Sen will be curious as to why John will not fight with her. I think she is quite taken with him." Kura-chan laughs, "Actually I know she, but she will never admit it. However, if there is anything I can do to help you, please don't hesistate to ask for it. It would be an honor to help you."

John shook his head, dismissing what Sen had said, and then proceeded to attempt to reason with her. Debating was one thing - reasoning another. He could debate, but reasoning on the same level as a human being was hard for him.
"Don't worry. It's nice to just have somebody to talk to, you know? Loneliness can be quite boring, so it seems. I don't think it particularly matters that you're not that good at small talk... I'm not exactly Mr Interesting either. Perhaps that means we're perfect conversational partners, eh wot?"
A perfect poker face was kept throughout - maybe it was lack of practice, maybe he just didn't laugh at his own jokes. Either way, the common chuckle that indicated a statement was a joke had been omitted, and instead replaced with little to no display of humorous intent. Yet, in his own little way, it was easy to tell that he had made light of something. A rare occurrence, but it could be spotted if one caught John on a good day.

"Thank you, Kura. It instills great confidence in me to know someone so capable is on my side."
Jet nodded his head in thanks, and in respect, and floated back to John. He needed to formulate a plan, and he was sure that Kura would request his attention if need be. In light of this, he returned to his jovial manner, and perched on John's shoulder. Yet, despite his manner, he was worried sick - such was his life with John.

Sen giggles at his humour, "Yes, perhaps that would make us great conversation partners. However, I do agree that loneliness can be quite a bore. I do enjoy speaking to you, but I also find you interesting."
Sen really did find John to be very interesting. He was different from everyone that usually approached her. He didn't pick on her or ask her for help with something. John simply wanted conversation. It was such a rarity to Sen that she felt only her parents would be able to converse with her for the simple purpose of wanting to talk to her. On top of which, she really wanted to ask what John's interests were, but she didn't want to over step her boundaries either. She pondered over it whilst waiting for John to respond.

Kura-chan floated back to Sen and nodded to John as well. She was worried to death about Sen. She wondered if she would be able to keep the secret from her. It was going to be difficult to find a good reason as to why John could no longer fight by her side. It was likely that the two of them would grow apart because of this and if that happened, Sen would revert back to her old self. All of that effort and hard work of trying to get Sen out of her shell would be wasted though Sen wasn't completely out of her shell just yet. There were still things for her to improve on yet.

"Oh, stop it, you. I don't really do much, apart from my kick-boxing classes and reading. I just finished a book by Jasper Kent, I think it was called 'Twelve,' or something simple like that. Brilliant book. I do wonder what kind of books you like, though, if you do at all. you just don't seem like a very predictable person, but I like that."
John was babbling again - a bad habit of his, and one he felt slight resent towards, but not one he considered doing much about. Nobody tended to listen anyway, so it didn't place first in his list of things to sort out. It had actually gotten to the point where he forgot he was actually in the habit of doing it - regardless, it continued.

Jet pondered how to break it to John that Sen was good enough to fight on her own - he was essentially taking out what kept John going during the day. Sure, there were others to protect, but Sen was the only one he really felt a sense of duty to protect, and the only one he really cared about after the initial saving of the egg. But it would be worse if he was in hospital, for a condition tht nobody could even diagnose. Heart, brain, stomach... The couldn't determine what was causing it, apart from over-exertion.

"Kick boxing!? Wow you must be quite the fit person. I must say I am quite surprised John, but gleefully so. I actually like to read horror stories. I recently finished a work by Edgar Allan Poe. It was called The Pendulum. It was definitely much to my liking. I am glad I do not seem predictable. I would be quite the bore if I was." Sen replied to him, a smile ever present on her face.

Sen didn't mind John's blathering. In fact, she rather enjoyed it and it was probably evident all amongst her face. She liked people who talked because it was easier for her to respond. She hoped that John did not lose such a quality when speaking to her.

Kura-chan was having a hard time to break this latest news to Sen - she was actually going to hurt herself with this one, but this was best done now before she got too attached. She sighed it was already too late for something like that. John had other plans and that meant the two of them would have to part ways soon. Kura-chan would have to tell Sen as soon as John left about them not being able to fight side by side. Kura-chan could picture Sen's saddened face right now and it killed her. She had to keep thinking that it would be worse if John ended up in the hospital because of Sen. She remained silent and captured in thought whilst the pair conversed.