Guardian Character's Guidance

"Sen? You all right?"
John whispered this to her, attempting to wake her, with a light shake of her shoulder. However, he shrugged immediately after, and continued the experiment. However, Jet was not so nonchalant, and looked to Kura for an answer.
"Is she fine? She looks really pale... She didn't lose too much blood, did she? "
"The Medic's Chair saw to her. She'll be fine."
"But-"
"But nothing."
Turning abruptly back to his experiment, John's expression was different to his usual lack of one at all. A display of minute concern was etched into his features, made evident by his furrowed brow and constant glances over to his new acquaintance. Meanwhile, a classmate noticed this, and shot him looks he failed to notice - some were directed at Sen as well, but most failed to notice, or care much. Holly South, for reasons people would not guess at first glance, was glaring at the pair, much to the annoyance of her guardian character.

Sen woke up with a start and saw that John had removed the silver from the copper wire. She started collecting the silver and setting it on paper towels she had measured prematurely so that they would get an accurate mass of the silver.
"I'm sorry I fell asleep John... I was just... sorry..." Sen said not bothering to come up with an excuse.
She did not notice that Holly was glaring at them, but rather she just wanted to get the experiment done. With only five minutes left, they would be able to complete the assignment. Sen had lost a lot of blood, but she wouldn't admit that. However Kura-chan would out of concern.
"I think she lost a lot of blood, but she won't say anything..." Kura-chan said softly.
Kura-chan's tone had become rather tired. Sen was always pushing herself like this. It was typical because she was always striving to be useful. Kura-chan noticed the glare they were getting from the female that had helped out, but she took no mind to this. Kura-chan didn't think that the girl had any reason to hate the two of them so it was probably directed at someone else.
Sen was too tired to notice John's minute expression of concern. If anything, she more or less bypassed it as nothing more than the irritation of separating all of the copper. It was a tedious task.

Holly was trained to be non-reactive to most things, but from her point of view, she couldn't let it slide - Sen had seemed to change John. Not only was he displaying some sort of emotion, he was even talking to someone besides his guardian character. While she had been trying for years to get to him, something had been blocking her attempts. He had been unresponsive to her, but something in Sen had clicked with him - and it boiled her blood, that all her hard work, to restore the former Field Marshal's chair to his former glory, and have the school's respect in who was once her closest friend restored, was wasted - while Sen had just waltzed in, and in her view, "stolen him away." Regardless, she had work to do, so she continued.

Meanwhile, John himself had stopped bothering to ask Sen about how she felt, reasoning not even she was stubborn enough to refuse help. He knew something was wrong - she didn't seem like the kind of person who would simply fall asleep on whim. Jet nodded, his concern evident, but said nothing - it was not his place, even he knew that much.

Having collected the necessary information for the experiment, the class had ended. Sen walked out of the classroom. She apologized to John and bowed to him as was customary in her culture. Kura-chan knew that Sen was unaware that John was in her next class as well, but she said nothing knowing that she would figure it out.

Sen felt really bad about sleeping class. She was not the type to do something like that she was gravely embarassd. She couldn't believe she had done something so reckless. Sen was going to try and make it up to him somehow. Sen headed into her next class with much difficulty. She had arrived there about four minutes early. Sen pulled out her textbooks for the class. Kura-chan wondered if perhaps the blood loss had been too much for Sen. It was obviously taking its toll on her, but she seemed to be feeling better. Kura-chan would keep an eye out. Sen was not in the clear because it seemed that she was awake on sheer will power for the time being.

John looked towards Jet, with both of them shrugging at each other, not really paying much mind to Sen's sudden exit. After all, Jet was far more concerned about Sen's health, and John about how well she would be able to function for the rest of the day. Irrespective, both were stopped by Holly, Alex trailing behind, seemingly exasperated. Not tired, though - it was as if the character was having to survive a rant delivered by Holly, a frightening prospect indeed. Catching the pair's attention by clearing her throat, she looked to her former team member, smiling her usual soft smile.
"So, I was wondering..."
"Yes?"
"You wouldn't happen to be free on Saturday, would you?"
"Why do you ask?"
"Oh, it's just that, well, I needed some help moving some things, and my parents were out..."
Jet then butted in, popping up between the two.
"He'd love to!"
"Jet, get out of here."
"Saturday, right?"
"I'm warning you.."
"He'll see you then!"
Without a further word, Holly smiled, and walked off, leaving a vaguely fuming David glaring at his guardian character.
"Why?"
"You need all the support you can get. She's trying to help. Seize the opportunity by the horns."

Sen was taking note furiously and the class had not even started yet. She was not really thinking about John or Jet at this point. She was really worried about P.E, but she had phoned her butler about her condition. Soon, Sen would be on her way home. She was not really fit to be at school and P.E. would definitly not be the best thing for her to attend in this condition. There would be other time for that, but for now she really needed to recover. In about a few minutes, her butler responded through text about her mother and father would not be able to arrive home. So Sen would indeed be staying at school to her dismay. Sen had an entire hour to think this one through. Perhaps, the teacher would allow her to practice for the orchestra concert on Saturday.

Sen was sure that the P.E teacher would have to allow it. Everyone knew how the school's orchestra teacher was and Sen was first chair. There was no doubt that the teachre would refuse such a request. She smiled. She did have to practice the cello solo as well. The school's goal was to get division one and she would be playing The Swan. That would be the key to getting division one and she had to perfect it. Even though without her doing a fantastic job on the Cello Solo it was possible for the school to get Division One, but everyone was counting on her to make their lives easier.

Staring blankly at his timetable for a brief few moments, John continued, but in the opposite direction - he had been following the wrong day's schedule, having lost focus on things momentarily. Jet had been concerned about this lack of attention, having noticed his dazed manner, and his constant engagement in his own thoughts. John did not even seem to notice as he walked by other students, teachers and class rooms - he seemed completely oblivious to all but the most obvious. He didn't even seem to notice as he wandered mindlessly into the room Sen was in, casually glancing at what spectacles the room had on offer, drinking in what he felt like. Jet just shrugged at Sen and Kura, having actually bothered to notice them. John's behaviour was odd, yes, but it was still up to his usual standard of strangeness.

Sen walked out of the classroom while class was still going on, but they were doing some type of activity so the teacher hardly seemed to notice. She sensed something odd as she went to her locker and she couldn't quite place her finger on it. Kura-chan sensed the same thing and wondered what it was. It couldn't be another X-Egg, could it? That wasn't it. There was just something she couldn't quite figure out. She wondered if John or Jet was thinking about it, but then she quickly shook the thoughts from her head. Now was not the time to be thinking of John or Jet. Especially John, since he had managed to simply cloud her thoughts with something as simple as a glance in her direction.

Sen noticed a hooded figure or rather what she thought to be a hooded figure. Perhaps, it wasn't a hood at all, but a hat. Who would be roaming the hallways at this hour? Sen didn't want to find out. She wasn't one to ditch class but she just didn't feel like sitting in for a lecture at the moment. She just wanted to recollect all of today's events. Sen had accomplished something she hadn't realized she had been trying to achieve. Sen wanted to evoke a small response out of John, but not intentionally. However, Holly seemed to be glaring at her last hour. What had that been about anyway? Had she done something wrong? Perhaps even insulted her? Sen was unsure as to how she could have done this and wondered if John might have known anything about it or Jet my know something. She shook the thoughts from her head again. There was no use in pondering over such pointless things.

The lesson was as indescribably boring as all the other lessons he had attended. Sitting there, while only vaguely listening, he just stared ahead, not bothering to even think of anything as he did. He had been through the Russian Revolution many a time before - he had no need to listen at that point in time. Irrespective of this, he did notice Jet attempting to get his attention, evidently worried by something.
"Yes?"
"There's something... I can't tell what it is, but it's not an X Egg..."
"Ignore it."
"John, it's not like anything I've sensed before. Please, you have to trust me on this on..."
"I suppose it's better than this. Tally-ho."
John rose from his seat, and made the excuse that he had been summoned to a meeting to advise the Guardians. Though he had been forcibly expelled from the group, and though a large amount of the pupils' respect for him had dissipated, his knowledge and tact were still recognised by a large portion of the school body - teachers included. As such, though it was not as regular as always, he was allowed to leave classes to stay and advise the Guardians, as his mind was still a veritable wellspring of tactical and strategic genius. As soon as he had checked the coast was clear, John's calm demeanour vanished, and in its stead, a slightly more urgent persona took over.
"You have a plan, don't you?"
"Find Sen, Kura should be with her. If I know her, which I hardly do, she'll be on the trail of that thing you mentioned."
"But she's in no condition to deal with it, she should be sent home!"
"My point exactly. I don't want her in a situation she can't deal with on her own."
"You almost sound human when you say that. Don't, it doesn't suit you."
"Aren't you supposed to be bringing out the true me?"
"Now now, let's not stray from the topic. On your left."
John had to come to a skidding halt by Sen - a brief look of surprise covered his face as he glanced around, scanning the perimeter.
"Hello. Jet sensed something odd. Just wondering if you had any ideas on its whereabouts, or what it is."

Sen looked up at John. She was looking rather pale, but she was hoping that John and Jet would bypass it as her natural skin tone. Though it was highly unlikely the pair would do so. What shocked Sen was that John was wearing an expression. She only noticed the external expression of which was surprise. She was unsure as to whether or not she had heard John properly and finally it came to her that he was talking about the figure she saw not too long ago. Sen got up, but not without much difficulty and worried look from Kura-chan.
"Yes, I saw something. It went down that hallway and made a left at lockers 1200-1500."
Sen indicated the direction by pointing and then bowed to John, Jet as well before pursuing the dark figure. She found it unsafe to let something that was potentially dangerous roam the hallways. Kura-chan looked at Jet, then bowed to the pair before hurrying to follow after Sen. Kura-chan was worried about Sen's condition as she had not gotten any better and what she really needed to do was rest before she seriously hurt herself. Sen soon made the same turn at the indicated locker numbers and saw the figure making yet another sharp turn. She dashed after it, but so silently that her footsteps could not be heard. The figure had not noticed that it was being pursued by Sen just yet.

"John won't say it, Sen, but somebody has to. Me and him... We don't want you chasing after this presence. You were hurt once today, and we can't let it happen again. And even if he tries to hide it, John doesn't want to see you get injured either. You need your rest."
Jet had an almost pleading expression on his face, almost begging Sen to turn back. Jet knew something that neither Sen, Kura, nor even John himself knew - what would happen to John if Sen got injured again. He was a leader at one point, and whenever somebody seemed to look up to, or respect him, he felt a sense of duty to protect them. And if he couldn't, it didn't matter who was at fault - he always blamed himself, and made it seem as if he was incompetent. No matter the situation, he protected his subordinates, even if they turned out to be ungrateful buggers that usurped his power at the first available opportunity.

Sen turned back to Jet.
"Jet, I have to. If this thing is dangerous... I don't want it to hurt anyone. Defeating this thing is important to me and if you two get hurt because I wasn't there to help... I don't know what I'd do... If it makes you feel any better, I'll stay more towards the back." She offered.
Sen felt something cold on her back. It was scary and when she turned around she saw the dark figure. This caused her to stifle a yelp and she walked quickly forward, narrowly escaping its grasp. She didn't look long enough to get absorb all of the figure's features nor did she want to look back. If it was possible, it was apparent the fear had made her paler. She did not make any sudden movements wondering if John or Jet had any ideas on what to do.

As a matter of fact, John and Jet had a firm idea of what to do. They had seen the figure attempt to grab Sen, and in John's eyes, this registered as a hostile advance. His job as a leader had been to protect and lead - he would do the former when he could, even if he was dismissed from the latter. After swiftly assuming a basic stance, he moved forward, delivering a left jab to the opponent, following it up with a vicious right uppercut. His frame did not betray his strength - he did not seem like a martial artist, but there he was, fighting with the utmost efficiency.
"State your name, position and purpose." John growled, his combative side winning over, as if it were an alternative character change. He became less feeling, and more inclined to hit those not following his orders. However, he suspected this person - assuming they were one - would not simply just hand over their details over a cup of tea and a pack of biscuits. In this light, aggressive questioning was used - John's term for "beat the ever-loving life out of them until you get a response" questioning. He did not stop to think, however, that this figure may fight back, or that he was too weak. Nevertheless, he had felt the primal instinct to protect, and had responded accordingly.

The figure did not even bother with John's hostility.
"How rude, did anyone teach you that it's not polite to simply attack guests?" The figure asked.
From the voice one could tell that it was human and male. Or at least that is the way it appeared. The man did not state his name nor did he state his business or position.
"Sen, come here. I have something for you."
Sen did not get close to the man. There was something off about it. The man resembled his butler it wasn't her butler for many obvious reasons. Her butler would have crumpled up at the first punch John had thrown, then would have gotten up to lecture him about being a proper gentlemen. Just what the heck was that thing.
"I don't know who you are, but I'm not going anywhere near you." Sen said defiantly, taking the stance of the snake.
Kura-chan looked at Sen. She wasn't seriously going to fight this thing was she. Kura-chan certainly hoped not. What made this situation odd, was that it was an X character, but since when did X characters shape shift into humans. Then it hit Sen. Her butler had lost his dream. That's why his texts were all weird. She almost cried. She had not once asked her butler what his dreams were. Well now it was time to find out just exactly what it was, but she had to purify the character first and she was sure it wouldn't be easy. If that thing was anything like her butler, it would be stubborn.

"Were you never told manhandling a girl like that is gross misconduct?"
John began bouncing on his feet, his fighting spirit now past the zero-to-sixty mark, his fists no longer hands in another form, but tools of war. Another straight was delivered - this time, a big right, with an exceptional mount of power put into it. However, the lack of actual effect from the repeated blows spoke volumes about what was to be done in the current situation.
"John... I don't believe it..."
"I know, who just waltzes in in broad daylight to snatch young girls?"
"No, not that. He's not human."
"Elaborate."
"He's an X Character!"
The tension hung in the air, but John had no reason to doubt his superior on sensing the enemy. He would have to ask questions later. An X Character capable of human speech and assuming human form was remarkable indeed - John would likely suffer if he did not end the fight quickly, but the specimen was far too interesting to him. The usual transformation sequence took place, with John turning into a blazing knight, minus the vision-hindering helmet that seemed so common, and practical, to those who used them. He stood stoically between Sen and her would-be captor, his eyes burning, as well as other parts of his body. His body language, his eyes, his smirk... It all said one thing.
Come at me bro.

((I almost laughed myself to tears when I saw that last part...))

Sen watched the two of them. John standing before her and her butler's X Character. It was all too much. She wondered if John would say anything if she decided to step. It was her butler after all. She wondered if any of her inside knowledge would help her. Sen didn't know for sure. The X Character started moving and Sen prepared herself for the worst. The X Character more or less shoved John out of the way, pushing his head trying to move him out of the way. The X Character was making its way over to Sen. Obviously he had some type of beef with her because he tried grabbing again and this time he succeeded in doing so. He lifted her onto his shoulder then pushed John's head yet again as if to say, Move it pip squeak! Sen desperately wanted to be let down and she kicked the X character in its ribs causing it to drop her on the ground giving her a slight concussion. She would not be helping John at all this time around.

Despite his best efforts to keep his centre of gravity centred, John was nothing but a rag doll in the X Character's hands. However, he was not injured, not lessening his performance - however, upon seeing Sen being injured, something inside the boy snapped. Something in him stirred - a primal hunger for vengeance, a deep-ridden need to go full-throttle on his enemy.
"YOU! YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS!" he roared, his voice comparable to a lion, as he burst forwards, his burning fist catching the butler's stomach as they were driven forwards. All traces of his usual calm or eagerness were being lost - he was not the calculating individual he was outside of the transformation. He was no himself. He was powerful, yes - more powerful than ever before. But his brutality was stunning. To see such a calm, collected person be turned to a flurry of scarlet punches was a fascinating sight indeed, but one best not explored to deeply. But the matter remained - he wanted to protect Sen,and he had failed. Now his wrath as being unleashed.

The X Character could not withstand the fury and was sent down to the ground. It reverted back to its original form and it was apparent that it would not be getting back up. All that was left to do now was the purify it. However, Sen had missed the entire thing. She remained on the ground and did not move. There was a slow rise and fall of her chest. So for now they could rest easy.

Kura-chan had seen it all. She saw the outrage, the emotion. She looked at him in awe her mouth slightly ajar. What had just occurred here, shocked her. She was at a loss for words. John was usually so calm and introverted from what she remembered. She wondered if Jet knew what had gotten into him. On top of that, his power was dangerous. He could hurt someone and himself if that power was unleashed too freely, but perhaps Jet knew that already. Kura-chan sighed. Sen was going to place the blame on herself if John was harmed at all. Even it was to protect her. If anything, this would make Sen spiral into another one of her theories about how useless she was.

Kura-chan looked at Sen on the ground. The girl was pale and getting paler still. Something was wrong. Kura-chan wondered if that wound had been reopened, but she couldn't tell with Sen lying on her back like that. However, she relaxed when the paling suddenly halted. At least she would be okay, but there was a possibility that she could be injured in some way. For John's sake and Sen's, she hoped that was not the case.

The roaring was incessant - John was furious, and it was more than evident, even from how he stood over the defeated X Character. His fist was raised in order to drive the enemy into the ground, but something stopped him. John's fist hung in mid-air, poised and ready to strike, but unable to progress further.
"Don't do it, John!" Jet's voice called to him, from inside him, "It's already defeated! You are a civillised human being, there's no need for this! I know it hurt Sen - I want to beat it into the floor as much as you do. But Your job is to purify, not to destroy? Have you already forgotten the oath you took - the one that said you would never destroy an egg again? The one that you made after-"
Jet, shut up.
"What?"
"I'm going to purify it. I don't need your voice nagging me."
The signature burst of flames engulfed the X Character, turning it to a normal egg, which proceeded to find its own way back, no longer in need of any assistance. John and Jet separated, their bodies now two once again, yet John looked different - harrowed, even. He paced swiftly to Sen, propping her up, and surveyed the damage. "Sen? Sen, are you all right? Come on, just open your eyes..."

Sen's eyes flutter open, but she looks dazed and to her John is looking distorted.
"John, did you...?" She looked around, but did not see the X Character any more.
"Sen, we're going to need to take you to a hospital..." Kura-chan said lightly.
"I don't want to-"
"I know Sen, but there's no other choice."
"I'm fine really. I've only lost a little blood."
"Then we need to go home, Sen. You shouldn't stay here."
"It's always like this isn't it Kura-chan?" Sen asks softly, "John, thank you. I'm happy you were able to cover up my mistake. I was being irrational in an attempt to be useful. Thank you too Jet, I know you had to work hard as well to cover up my mistake. I'm also sorry you had to do something like that."
Sen uses the lockers for support and she more or less hobbles to the main entrance of the school. She's knows her butler is waiting for her...