Guardia

Seele was rather glad he didn't know; this gave her a chance to teach Alex how. "I'll teach you then!" she said with a joyous grin. She pulled out all they needed from the fridge: heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar. "It is really quite simple." She put them on the counter. She began to put the ingredients in a fine glass bowl while she listed, "One cup of heavy whipping cream... A heaping tablespoon of powdered sugar... And an overflowing tablespoon of vanilla extract!" Once all the ingredients were in she pushed the bowl over to Alex, "Now just whip it for a few minuets till it looks nice a fluffy!" And while he did then, Seele began to make the waffles. "After we finish eating we should make our way down to the shop. But I don't think it'll be particularly busy today."

Seele seemed happy that he did not know how to make the whipped cream. She showed him how and he tried to remember everything she was saying, he was about to grab his tablet to write it down when she gave him the bowl and told him to whip it. He tried his best but he still didn't really know what he was doing. He managed to finish it ok.

"I think that we would have a lot of people over the next couple of days that want to dress up for the funeral... they may want knew cloths and jewelery."

The waffles were done with a 'ding' from the waffle maker. She pulled them out; they smelt delicious. She put each one on a plate and began to dress them up with whipped cream and strawberries. "Well done!" she praised as she plopped some cream onto the waffles. She set the plates down at the table and ordered Alex to sit. She poured them both a glass of orange juice and then finally took her seat. Like any well mannered lady should, Seele daintily laid a cloth over her lap and sat with back straight. "You may be right," she said in answer to Alex's view. "Then Sky should be exceptionally busy today. I hope she can handle it. Sadly she doesn't have an excellent assistant to help her out," she said with a playful smile.

Alex smiles at the compliment. He was happy that she thought he was a good assistant because that's all he wanted, he had gained so much from her, including his life, so he just wanted to repay her by doing the best he could.

He trys to copy Seele with the cloth but he puts it to far down and it slips, he caught it before it hit the ground and tried again. Then he looked up at her waiting for her to start eating first.

Today was a solemn day.

Information Screeners were put up everywhere, their screens enlarged for all to see. Many people wore either their bests suits and dresses or were dressed in a simple black robe. The lights were dimmed. Many held a small candle in their hand as they watched the white, flowered coffin of Ambren Salus, the Master Pilot, be pushed across a white stage for all to see. The Senior Pilots stood again in a straight line, faces tone cold and hard. Marisol's face was streaked wet with tears, and Thyra looked straight at the ground as the coffin was pushed towards a small altar for the deceased man.

Then the screeners shut down.

There was silence. Then someone shouted. Another shouted. Soon the guardias were filled with shouting and confusion.

The screeners turned back on but it wasn't the funeral. It was a young woman.

DesktopMania.ru-19584-300x187.jpg

She stood in a place filled with dark trees and tall grass, where in the distance large mountains nearly touched the top of a dark sky. She was dirty and disheveled, but her eyes held light and fire. She spoke only a single sentence, but she spoke it with a loud and clear voice that echoed into the guardias like an angel from heaven.

“You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.”

Everyone was silent. Who was this woman? Where did she come from? Everyone noted the place she was standing in. There was nowhere in any of the guardias that had forests and mountains. There was only one place where such landscapes existed.

The surface.

The screener returned to the scene of the funeral. The coffin was in the altar now, but all the Senior Pilots stared at their cameras and screeners in disbelief. Andelia turned around and said something to Kyser that was not picked up by the screeners. Kyser shook his head vigorously while Andelia nodded her head even more vigorously. Then Kyser waved a hand at something and the screeners shut down.

The robotic female voice chimed, "Technical errors have been experienced. Please be patient while we try to solve the problem."

(Quote from Eckhart Tolle)

Sky always overslept and was still a little bit sleepy when she heard the news. "Who's dead?" she asked herself. "Wh-when did that happen... I guess I was slumbering."
A few seconds later she realized what had actually happened "What?! This is horrible! Gah... what's going to happen now?..." she exclaimed, mostly to herself. "I can't believe it?! Is it really true???"

((Silver; I am sorry but I have to ignore your post...))

With Alex at her side, Seele waited at a public Screener for the funeral to begin. She was dressed in her finest black dress and wore a vial over her face. The day had gone reasonably well despite the news. After breakfast she opened her shop, and as Alex predicted, saw many customers. Sky did as well and did not have much time to chat. 'I wonder how she is taking the new?'

There was a hush that flooded the room when the Screener turned on. Seele peered out though her vial. All the Senior Pilots were there, and she knew the name and face of each. She had meet many of them on rare occasion, she had even become well acquainted with Marisol as she would often stop by GoldStuck. Tears were pouring down her face, along with her colorful makeup.

Seele watched with widened eyes as the screen went black. Then on the screen was a woman she had never seen. But that was not what was so particular, no, it was the background. She had never seen such a scenery... Was that the surface? After the strange woman spoke, the funeral went back on. The disstres that come from the Piolits was most unnerving. 'What is going on?' And the clossing of the ceremony didn't answer the questions filling her mind. All of this was happening so fast; she couldn't keep up, or understand. In all truth; she was scared. Seele felt the winds of change. Change scared her... And this would be earth-shattering. "Alex..." she gasped. "What is going to happen?" She was calling out to the world, asking for it to spare her and the life she had built. No. The world that the Mater Pilot had built.

But he was gone.... And so was their world...

The words of the woman for some reason rang in her head. Tears began to drip from Seele's eyes. She was so frightened.

Alex stood next to Seele watching the screener, waiting for it to come to life and show the celebration for the life of a deceased. He was where a suit that Seele had gotten him for this occasion against his protest. He didn't want her to sped too much money on him, after all he is working for her because she saved his life, but she was just to kind.

As the screener turned on the crowd hushed and they could see all the senior pilots standing with cold hard faces, though he didn't know them by name he met them when they were at Seeles shop and he had the honor of getting some 'specials' in the back room for them. As the camera panned he saw Marisol, the only senior pilot he knew, with tears down her face, messing up her makeup. He felt sorry for her, she was very nice.

The screen turned black and he could just make out a girl standing by trees talking about something. He couldn't hear it over the hushed mumbles from the crowd but it she wasn't from the guardia's. Then he heard Seele say his name, he looked up and she asked him the one question he would never be able to answer at that point in time, 'What is going to happen?' Tears began to run down her face and he stood their wondering what had been said that would make her so frightened. He tried to hug her, like she had done to him the day he was caught, to comfort her, to try and tell her everything was ok. No words came to his lips, he just hugged her, fitting himself under her arm.

A was wearing one of his finest suits for the occasion. He was not emotional like the rest of the people in the guardias. His expression remained quite unchanged. Though A was particularly incapable of showing any other emotion besides, irritation and perhaps joy. He was however, intrigued by the woman who appeared to be on the surface world. He wondered what the purpose of her message was and why it had been so cryptic. He shrugged. It didn't bother him yet. He had more serious matters to attend to and that was studying for the exams and becoming a Junior Pilot much like his sister who was also watching the Screener.

X was with her brother because she needed the support. She knew that he wouldn't cry or say anything, but just the fact that he was there for her was all that mattered. X really couldn't stand her brother, but nonetheless they were siblings and that didn't mean that she didn't love him any less. She held him close to her, but A did not say a word. He just let what happened happen. This was much to X's prediction. If anything, she knew that A was thinking more about exams than the death of the creator. There wasn't anyone she could recognize on the scene. She just sighed and kept A close to her until it was over.

(Marisol)

"Oh, this is horrid!"

Marisol flounced into Seele's store, mascara in a smeared black line down her cheeks. Feathers from her exotic outfit began to flutter in the air and fall to the ground. She wrapped her arms around the woman and her assistant, Alex, sobbing loudly. She staggered into the nearest chair and in a flurry of feathers and colorful clothing, took out a tissue and began to wipe her eyes.

"Can you believe it? Ambren Salus is dead! Oh, this is so horrible! Who will be Master Pilot?!"

She blew her nose on the tissue before throwing it in a trashcan.

"It's even worse that Andelia and Kyser have been arguing about something and they won't tell the other Senior Pilots! Why, I bet--"

Then she stopped and put a hand over her lips, as if she had said something horribly sinful.

"I shouldn't say. Kyser is mad enough at me. He'll skin me alive if I speak another word! I should shut up! Now!"

Alex was a little flustered when the woman came in crying and started to hug him. He didn't see who it was until she stopped hugging them, to his amazement it was Marisol. She was crying in all her fancy cloths and make up, saying something about Ambren and the new Master Pilot. It was hard to understand between sobs... then again he had a hard time understanding her accent anyways. Seele would understand though, she always does. That was why she ran the shop and he just grabbed whatever she told him to.

She blew her nose and threw it in the trashcan. He listened really hard when she started talking again. Still it was hard to understand but he managed to understand that Andelia and Kyser were arguing about something that the other senior pilots didn't know about. He figured they could be arguing over allot of things. The main one is who will be Master Pilot, the question all of them were asking but if they were discussing business hire than the senior pilots he figured it would be much more serious. She started to talk again saying I shouldn't say and that Kyser is mad at her.

"Umm... Marisol," He said quietly "Do you think it has something to do with the message?... the one on the screen. Some outside contact maybe..." He said looking down. He had many more suspicions but he didn't want to say them all if it was unwelcome.

Seele had questions filling her head, but she knew better than to butt in, well, at least not intill Marisol had calmed down. Seele had welcomed her hug readily and was almost gladdened by her display. Marisol was an interesting character to say the least, but still a wonderful person to know. Once Marisol calmed down a bit and had drained a majority of the tears, Seele found her a comfortable seat.

"It is a terrible thing," Seele tried to comfort Marisol with a quite and soothing voice. "I'm sure Kyser won't be mad, you needn't worry." It was hard to find the right words, if only she could be like Alex right then. When her tears spilled Alex simply understood and embraced her. They had stood there for what seemed a lengthy time, arm in arm, while Seele's tears dripping on to Alex's head.

Since then Seele kept trying to convince herself that all was alright, that nothing would change. 'The Senior Pilots will know what to do...' That was where her hopes were. But if even the Senior Pilots didn't know what was happening... It was hard for Seele not to weep with Marisol.

Seele was trying to find a way to ask her questions without being rude or forward, but Alex solved the puzzle forward. She wanted to know so badly, but didn't want to get Marisol in trouble, or make her feel uncomfortable. "You don't have to say anything if you don't want to," Seele tried to assure.

Sky was terified. "What's happening? Th-this is horrible... Wad I asleep during the f"uneral? I" slightly remember it...

A looked about. He felt odd about his sister hugging him and what not. He nudged her a little.

"I know you are a bit emotional about this whole event, but I don't want the entire world getting the wrong idea about our relationship. In case you weren't aware, you don't look like me anymore, furthermore, we need to find out what is going on. Don't you know of anyone that we can talk to? I mean you are junior pilot." A questioned. He was really curious as to what was going to happen. He was more interested in whether or not this would ruin his chances of becoming a junior pilot. Someone was going to have slip up and let some information spill at some point.

X let go of A. She was slightly irritated that A had ruined yet another moment with his heartless personality. However, there was nothing that she could say in particular because he was right about the situation. They did need to find out what was going to happen. It was only natural. Now was not the time to be mourning, it was the time for acting so someone could get information. X punched her brother on his shoulder.

"That's for being insensitive you ungrateful-" X started.

"You've learned I see," A smirked and rubbed shoulder.

"Shut up!" X shot back.

The first order of business would be to find someone on the Lumos to talk to... which was going to be more difficult than X had probably planned, but for A, it would probably be easier.

"Ah, hello beautiful."

Seung slipped from a shadowed corner, almost appearing like a ghost. He tugged at the collar of his long-sleeved shirt. His thin lips held a cigarette. He gave a smile at X, leaning casually against a wall. Of course, X being a female Seung found attractive and available, he had to talk to her. Holding his cigarette between two of his slim fingers, he blew out some smoke.

"I remember you, X. What a unique name...and don't worry, that's a compliment." He tilted his head forward and looked at her brother. "Is that your brother, A? Ah, yes..." He then turned back to X. "You know, I'm not supposed to say this, but for a beautiful woman I can make an exception."

He jerked his head upwards, where Ambren's office was located. "Have you heard? Kyser and Andelia have locked themselves in the Master Pilot's office. They're arguing about something. Sometimes, you can hear them yelling from outside the door. I don't know what they're fighting about...the two have always been on agreeable terms but now it seems they are at each other's throats. I think..." He lowered his voice and leaned towards X, whispering. "...they're fighting about who's going to be Master Pilot."

A had to hide the smirk that crept up on his face. Seung's approach was more than laughable. A found it to be the most amusing thing he had seen in a while.

X punched her brother in the shoulder a third time to shut him up, "He is my twin brother yes, but don't go spreading that."

A looked at his sister. He had not heard what Seung had whispered, but it was pretty easy to guess after what he had said out loud, "Well if that's what they arguing about I say let them be at each other's throats. One can only imagine the kind of stress being the Master Pilot would have."

With that, A looked at X a smile playing on his face, "Don't tell me you've gotten yourself a lover while I was away."
A could no longer contain his laughter and he had to muffle his sounds with his sleeve to avoid drawing attention to himself, "I guess he doesn't know about what a serious temper you have?"

X was about to punch her brother a fourth time, but realized that it was useless at this point. X held out her hand expecting to get a cigarette.

Suddenly, the screens from the information screeners went up without an announcement. It showed Andelia. She was dressed rather nice despite the mood of the entire fleet of guardias.

r169_457x256_8390_Black_Swan_2d_character_girl_woman_portrait_fantasy_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

"To all people on the guardias...you all saw the message. We all know what that means. Our Master Pilot is dead, we are in a state of turmoil. If we continue to live under the surface, we will infect ourselves from the inside until we all die..."

Then half the screeners went black and another figure appeared on their screens. Kyser.

Hooded_man_by_pixar123.jpg

"Don't listen to her!" He declared loudly. "We don't know what's up there. We don't know if we'll be accepted or what kind of commotion our arrival will cause. She's just projecting a useless fantasy--"

"So you think we should stay down here? To drown?!" Andelia yelled.

"Drown? Are you really that foolish?"

"Obviously you do not know of the food shortages and riots breaking out in some of the residential guardias."

"Just a minor passing--"

"We're going to die!"

"If we go up to the surface."

Eventually the screeners blacked out again. League soon appeared, his cane in his hand. Some wires were clinging to it and a large master screener stood in the background, smashed.

"Oops." He said, grinning. "Can't blame a blind guy."

The screeners went down.