Guard Duty

"Hah! Speak of the one. Cervus, this's the one I was talkin' about." The alchemist was vaguely facing her direction, but staring off into space. "Ey! 'Eeey! Wake up!" Alkon snapped his fingers in front of the man's eyes a couple of times and then tapped him on the shoulder, which then progressed to a light shove, until the man finally shook his head and blinked, returning his focus to reality. "Nairah, this is Cervus, town alchemist. Bit of a nut, but not bad at his job. Usually."

"Apologies, Davyr knows how to make a thing sound important..." He offered his hand to shake, and whether or not she returned the gesture, kept on talking. "I'm what's known as a 'gatecrasher': Due to what I'm told was an unfortunate accident I can hear the voices of beings from other planes of existence. It's, kind of hard to avoid paying attention to them, especially when they address you directly. Anyway, ah..." He held up the skeletal hand. "Thanks for helping Alkon out, all available signs suggest this was a lot of trouble. He paused for an awkward couple of seconds, and then snapped back to attention and started digging around in his bag. "Oh! Do you need any medical assistance, because I think I still have some salve or healing potions in here..if I can just remember what they look like....."

Nairah merely shook her head to the one Alkon called Cervus. He was indeed something very peculiar, but who wasn't these days? Alkon was a werewolf, after all.

"No thank you, sir. I really didn't get any blunt of its attacks. As a matter of fact, the only pain that was inflicted was by me."she replied, motioning to the purple and black bruise on her cheek. "And this need not require medicine. Just time."

Forgetting the real reason she was here, her glance shifted from Alkon and back to Cervus.

"I am really sorry about what happened here." Not that it was my fault. "But honestly, if we hadn't did what we did, the town would be destroyed so..." She let the sentence trail off, figuring that was all that needed to be said about the matter before smiling quickly with a shrug.

Cervus nodded. "I agree, and I think the captain will as well...whenever she gets back."
"She ain't in, after something like this?" Alkon made a gesture around the park to indicate what he was talking about.
"She went scouting early this morning, before news of this incident came in. In any case...I'd like to take a look at this thing." He indicated the skeletal hand he was still holding on to "I'm sure it's useful for something, given its unusual properties..." With that, the alchemist started walking away.

"Ain't my fault if you set fire to that and it starts attacking again," said Alkon after him, before turning back to Nairah. "Well, guess we got some time to kill. Captain's a...uh...I forget what it's called, person with wings on her back and knows how to use 'em, so we can't exactly chase after her. You want to look around town?"

"Yeah. Sure."she responded. Nairah wasn't sure if he knew that she knew the town like the back of her hand, yet. He must have made her out to be some traveler of some sort. Pff. I wish. Before the two of them walked on, Nairah stopped to survey the scene.

"You don't think you're going to get into any trouble for this, do you? I mean, the town is pretty on edge right about now. They will grab at any reason to panic, and you just went and roughed the park up a bit. If that doesn't get their fears riled up, I really don't know what will."she noted. It was true. All of the prophecies and visions were starting to take affect.

Nairah looked over at the werewolf and tapped her foot lightly, waiting on his response. Her hair fluttered in the wind which ruined the serious expression drawn on her face to something more of an annoyed look.