Gruntson's School of The Fantastic and The Mythica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexa woke up earlier then she would've liked, because she had managed to roll off of her bed and bash her head on her bedside cabinet, "Ow! Shit!"

She only moped for a few moment though before getting ready and heading to the mess hall for breakfast. Where she sat by herself and happily munched on an apple whilst taking the occasional sip if her orange juice.

Th transfer student came down a few minutes after his new acquaintance. The first thing he noticed after saying "Morning, Alexa!" was a rather obvious bump on her forehead. "Ouch. You alright? That looks painful." He held a pear in one of his hands, but didn't seem intent on eating anything else.

"Mornin' Steven." She greeted, wincing when he mentioned her bump, "yeah... That. Let's just say I woke up early and had a nasty encounter with my bedside cabinet. It'll go down sooner or later, preferably sooner." The brunette took another bite of her apple.

Alexa leaned back slightly before gesturing to her empty table, it was a invitation for Steven to sit with her.

The man gladly pulled a chair from under the table and seated himself. "You sure you don't need it looked at? A concussion's easier to get hit by than you might think." ((Bedtime. See you when I see you~))

"Believe it or not, I've rolled iff my bed one too many times in the best, it's not as bad as it looks. Trust me on that." She downed the last of her orange juice before throwing the bottle into the closest trash can along with her apple core.

((Alright then))

"Well, alright, then." Steven replied with a shrug of dismissal. "Say, you don't happen to know where the tanning class is, would you? It doesn't mention a classroom on the timetable, just that I've got it for first period, today."

"Tanning class? Yeah I know where that is, I can show you the way if you want, I need to head that way for my Cross-Species Breeding class anyway, they're actually in the same tower." She sighed and rested her elbows on the table, joining her hands together and resting her head on her hands.

"Hmm, actually that reminds me, I need to talk to the head master about putting the class rooms on the schedules and maybe giving out maps, this building is huge and it's very easy to get lost." Alexa bit her lip.

"Cross-species breeding? That's strange. I thought you meant we shared classes yesterday when you said you'd be seeing me more often, but I have that class second period." He scratched himself on the back of the head.
"You're probably right about that, though I'm not sure if it's worth the effort. This place is huge, I doubt a map would be very practical to take with you. Say, ince you're headed that way anyway, think you could show me the way? I'd be very grateful."

Alexa stood up and stretched her arms above her head, yawning slightly, "Hmm, we won't have all of our classes together, but we will have most of them together and we'll probably have the same common room. Your common room should be written at the bottom of your schedule in gold, it'll say the teacher's name and which classroom is your common room."

She relaxed and stuffed her hands into her jean pockets, kicking at the ground with her scuffed boots, "And I would be happy to show you the way to your class, since I'll be heading that way anyway."

"Lessee..." He reached for his schedule to check who his homeroom teacher would be. "Uhhhh.... Miss Magnolia? Magno-whatever. i can't pronounce this name." Steven pulled a disgusted face. "This font is so cursive I can barely read it. What's this? Class G04? Well, at the very least, thank you. I could use the guidance."

"Yep, you're in the same common room as me, anyway, hurry up eating so we can get going to class, it starts in fifteen minutes." Alexa slipped over the table so she could sit down on the seat next to Steven, leaning back against it as sge let her eyes wander over the other students.

"You'll enjoy Cross-species Breeding, it's one of the most fun classes this school has, you get introduced to a whole new side of the creature kingdom. Plus, you get to see most of the hybrids you're taught about in person."

Steven frowned lightly as he bit into his pear, overthinking the whole concept of inter-species breeding. "I'm not sure if I agree. I feel as though that'd be against nature's way. Unless it's natural behavior, I suppose. Though that's still kinda weird?" With that, he got up from his seat. "I can munch on this as we make our way to class, no big deal."

Alexa shrugged, "It's mostly natural hybrids, such as, did you know that some Wyverns and Dragons have started to breed in the mountains due to lack of population for both species?" The brunette jumped up onto her feet and gestured for Steven to follow her, "and I'm sure you already know about pegasi and unicorns breeding."

A student waved at Alexa from across the hall and she returned the gesture half-heartedly, muttering something about over-attached first yearers under her breath.

"Yeah, unicorns generally hump anything." He said, rolling his eyes. "One broke out of its pen once, at my old school. We had to explain why a nearby horse breeder suddenly ended up with horned foans. I knew about dragons and wyverns, though. The resulting young are usually sterile, though."

Steven lightly waved back at the younger student, just in case he was the one being waved at, accompanied with a smile. "You popular with the young'uns?"

Alexa snorted in an attempt to hold back her laugh, "We have one who tried to hump a gryphon, didn't go well for the poor thing. Now he won't leave his pen and is terrified to be around the gryphons and hippogriffs." The brunette shook her head before sighing and glancing around again.

"You could say that... A few months ago we had an issue, a fully grown female Thorntail Dragon got out of the stables, she was pregnant and very angry and tried to attack a class of first years that were being shown around. I happened to be in the area and managed to calm the Thorntail down enough so that a trainer could lure her back to the stables. Since then the first years and few other students who saw the event have grown more attached to me. It's sweet but also slightly annoying." The brunette pushed open the door leading into one of the towers and made her way up the spiral stairs.

"Really? Wow. Thorntails are vicious! I wish I'd been there to witness it. I'm not a disaster tourist, but that would've been really educative." He looked genuinely amazed.
"I usually kept to myself at my old school. Wasn't very popular, but I preferred it that way."

((Ek! I though I had responded! So sorry))

"Well, they are one of the most viscous breeds but really wasn't that big of a show." Alexa shrugged her shoulders before stopping once they reached a door, the class number was written on it along with what type of class it was, "here's your stop, mines at the top of the tower so I suppose I'll see you later then." The brunette gave a wave before continuing up the stairway.

He smiled, thanked her kindly, and places his hand on the knob. "I'll see you when I see you." He kind of looked at her as she left up the stairs, much like any man would an attractive woman, then opened the door and entered his class.

Status
Not open for further replies.