• 1x1s

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Both are good

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • What is roleplaying?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I VOTED BOTH ARE GOOD BUT

I prefer 1x1s. I can develop characters and a story in more depth as well as actually making progress and actually get somewhere when it's just me and a partner!

With group roleplays, I really love the mix if different personalities and dynamics, it often takes soooo loooong for people to post that the story doesn't get very far. And I want my story progression. O:< For this reason I really love doing groups as Chat RPs cause it's much faster than forum based posting.

• Love
Reactions: wren.
I avoid groups rps like the plague. No offense to them they look great and I envy those who enjoy them. Just for me personally they're extremely stressful. I never know how to follow what's going on with multiple posts and things happening at once. And I feel stressed with the need to keep up with it or else my character will get left behind. I prefer the relaxed nature of 1x1s and not having to worry about getting left behind if my muse is Kapoot for a few days. And I find it easier to connect with my rp partner with 1x1s

• Sympathy & Compassion
I avoid groups rps like the plague. No offense to them they look great and I envy those who enjoy them. Just for me personally they're extremely stressful. I never know how to follow what's going on with multiple posts and things happening at once. And I feel stressed with the need to keep up with it or else my character will get left behind. I prefer the relaxed nature of 1x1s and not having to worry about getting left behind if my muse is Kapoot for a few days. And I find it easier to connect with my rp partner with 1x1s
Pushing back on that slightly, I mean, your experience is definitely I've felt that before, but I think there can conversely be something very relaxing about groups, because you know the story will carry on as it wants regardless of if you're there or not. Like, I think somewhat similarly to ChaRPs, if you're in a fast-paced group, especially, I think groups can give you the freedom to be more faithful to your character because things you do CAN impact the plot, but you can also get away with doing all sorts of crazy crap, which can be really fun.

• Love
Pushing back on that slightly, I mean, your experience is definitely I've felt that before, but I think there can conversely be something very relaxing about groups, because you know the story will carry on as it wants regardless of if you're there or not. Like, I think somewhat similarly to ChaRPs, if you're in a fast-paced group, especially, I think groups can give you the freedom to be more faithful to your character because things you do CAN impact the plot, but you can also get away with doing all sorts of crazy crap, which can be really fun.
I think it definitely depends on the person because for me I don't find it relaxing that the plot carries on when I'm not there. It stressed me out when I was in group rps and I couldn't reply knowing it was all moving forward without me gave me such anxiety. I felt glued to my phone and stressed out constantly trying to make sure I was keeping up with everyone. I can see how it's relaxing for some people but for me group rps made my anxiety so much worse and ended up making me take a break from rping for awhile

• Sympathy & Compassion