Groups - How to customize or Organize groups?

S

Sakura

Original poster
:D

We've been using the groups a lot lately!

So I was wondering..

Is there a possible way to "sticky" threads in a group?

To separate several threads into folders or sections or boards? Some kind of organizing feature when the amount of threads goes beyond a page or two?

Or maybe the same box-y-tags we can use in the Writing/Art Museum, but those that might pertain group information?

Or if that's not possible, those post icons for new discussions?

I would like the thread tags/prefixes the best!
If groups are capable of being customized to that extent.
I clicked around the admin/moderation options, but I only see "Approve/Disapprove" threads, which I'm not really sure of.

If I'm the only one who wants this kind of customization, then it's okay! It just occurred to me that if we're going to use Groups a lot, we might need more options.
My roleplay's planning group already has over a page of threads and some of them are more important than others so I wanted to be able to organize them!

Thank you very much ! ,D

Sakuraemot.gif

Is there a possible way to "sticky" threads in a group?
No. I WISH there was. I have been looking, waiting, and requesting for this feature for a long time. ;__; It's not available yet.

To separate several threads into folders or sections or boards? Some kind of organizing feature when the amount of threads goes beyond a page or two?
Nope! Nothing to manage threads whatsoever and no modifications for me to add that can do it. T___T

Or maybe the same box-y-tags we can use in the Writing/Art Museum, but those that might pertain group information?
Or if that's not possible, those post icons for new discussions?

Nope! Nothing like that exists as add ons either. >< It SUCKS.

Basically vbulletin has been severely neglecting the groups area of the forum when it comes to Features, custom-ability and common sense necessity. x___x The minute they add an update or someone writes a mod for sticky threads, that's going in ASAP. But for some reason no one has attempted to do it yet. >:[

Awwww, okay :/

Thank you Dananachan! (:

PRETTY COLORS *___*

//this is on topic, i swear

Sakura's parents were killed by epileptics.

^^ Asmodeus is just jealous my posts are cuter than his.

:crazy:

My posts are always cute.

>:[

Since there was already a thread up for group stuff, I thought I'd just post my question in here

I understand that there is no mods you can add to change stuff in the groups.

But I was on a different Vbulletin site that I managed a group on,.. and there we were able to Hard delete topics

Well I just tried to delete some topics and the only option I can seem to get is Soft delete.

So I thought maybe I just screwed up, So I tried going back in and restoring them
I keep getting the message that I don't have that ability.

Soooo I'm a bit confused here, and wondering if this is a bug or what.

Could some one please look into this for me, or explain why I don't have these abilities over a group I started

Thanks muches ^_^

Hard deleting topics is for mods only!

We have that disabled for regular members, cause anyone could go around and post something offensive and then try to delete/erase the evidence. o_____o

To have your soft deleted stuff removed out of the group, just contact ANY mod you see online and they'll do it for you!

even for groups,.. wow

well fair enough,.. Thanks for answering my question

now to go get that worked out

Yeah, if I could specify to allow it in groups, I would. But there's not settings for that. t___t

Didn't get that ability when I was a mod...

Just kidding, that's good to know. I believe there were a few that I needed deleted in the PCP group...