Gritty Magical Girl RP

I'm willing to hang around for it. Hope you can get things sorted out. (If it's fairly rural, that might explain the service issue, although if you can get cable...)

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Just be sure to throw me a pm or something when you're ready!

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I'm willing to hang around for it. Hope you can get things sorted out. (If it's fairly rural, that might explain the service issue, although if you can get cable...)
Yeah, very rural (24 acres of land!). No cable either.

Good news though! I found a small local broadband service provider who does cover my house! Bad news is that they need two forms of ID, one of which has to be my social security card and that is in one of two large storage units full of boxes/furniture. Plus once I do find that, they said it takes a week to get it installed... Bluh.

But at least there's a light at the end of the internetless tunnel, haha.

I'll try to get everything finished on my laptop when I get a chance, then drive into town to somewhere that has wifi to update the OOC post. Sorry to both of you for the inconvenience. Like I said at the start- hectic time in my life. >.< But I am still 100% dedicated to this! Thanks for hanging in there. :3

That you can get service at all is pretty amazing.

I've got no problem waiting out a rocky start. Another player might wander in between now and then, if we're lucky.

That you can get service at all is pretty amazing
Tell me about it. It's only 10 Mb/s but compared to nothing that's fantastic. Even if a bit pricey.

Anyway, final update from me today, coming to you live from the side of the road like an internet addicted weirdo jonesing for a hit of 4G: I got the ISP situation sorted out: they agreed to accept my W2 I happened to have packed in my backpack as a substitute for my social security card, talk about a lucky break! Installation is scheduled for the 12th, Tuesday, so with any luck things will pick up then!

To keep things alive a bit, are there any particular aesthetic influences to consider for characters in this?

To keep things alive a bit, are there any particular aesthetic influences to consider for characters in this?
Good timing, I just got my internet set up today! Though, I did have other tasks I was working on. But I'm back! And I shall be updating the OOC post and advertising for it and whatnot shortly. I also created a handy spreadsheet for designing/seeing the effects of upgrades and Submodules on the stats of Modules, and I think it's pretty nifty if I do say so m'self! Not tonight though, I'm exhausted.

As far as the aesthetic goes, I'm only going to request a picture of your character outside of the transformation, with a description of transformed outfit and alterations (definitely different hair style, possibly more). For the Cyberframe's appearance I think it'll be more on the discreet end, at least at first. Think, something that might pass off as a normal outfit, albeit weird and slightly sci-fi-ish, if it weren't for the glowing parts and blatant bits of technology. Which, still wouldn't be incredibly out of the normal given the transhumanism element in the setting, but the extraordinary abilities certainly are. Here's a couple pictures, to give an idea: http://www.wallpaperup.com/uploads/wallpapers/2015/01/05/575371/cfd49167c90a9bdd9d11da6b64e15658.jpg and http://img10.deviantart.net/97e0/i/2014/214/f/c/symphogear_by_x89flaminghearts-d7tcj3g.png

• Thank You
Reactions: R-9 Pilot
I was thinking more outright mecha musume, so those are some useful guidelines. I can definitely do Vividred Operation or (far, far more likely) Symphogear stylings, though. Glowing neon bits are, of course, mandatory, whatever the case. Some of the outfits from PSO2 might also be good things to consider.

I was thinking more outright mecha musume, so those are some useful guidelines. I can definitely do Vividred Operation or (far, far more likely) Symphogear stylings, though. Glowing neon bits are, of course, mandatory, whatever the case. Some of the outfits from PSO2 might also be good things to consider.
Well not to start, but the higher up you go in the Module Quality ladder, the more mechanical the appearance! Think, the Vividred combination forms for an example of that.

PSO2 is also a great look, very good suggestion. But again, I'm not going to require people to find a picture of their character's Cyberframe appearance if they don't want to. If you did want to, the easiest way to handle it would be to use one picture of your character's normal appearance, and then find a pic of an outfit you'd like to represent the Cyberframe mode aesthetic, regardless of the appearance of the character actually wearing said outfit!

Also, almost done with the OOC post now, should have it all wrapped up tomorrow! Hopefully tomorrow morning after breakfast.

[rant]This whole moving into a new house thing... you never really think how much work goes into making a house a home, until you have to do all that work yourself. All the shelves in the closets, pantries, bathroom, all the painting, bleh. I'll be glad when this place is done, which hopefully won't be too much longer...[/rant]

I should make it my goal to watch Vivired Operation this weekend so I have a better idea of what kind of sci-fi magical girls you are looking for.

I should make it my goal to watch Vivired Operation this weekend so I have a better idea of what kind of sci-fi magical girls you are looking for.
Well, I'd recommend it because it's a pretty fun anime, but you certainly don't need to in order to play this game! We were more talking about the aesthetic for the magical girl form, as in what their outfits look like.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: IceChateau777
I'd certainly love to join on this adventure!
Do you have any kind of avenues for this game?