Grey Times After College

Status
Not open for further replies.
((This is the best role-play. It is us.))

Despite himself, Riley laughed. The mall was a great big wonderland for anyone and everyone, piled onto three floors and acres of space. It was pretty impressive, Riley could see the appeal. "Of course!et's just get prepared, ok?"

"Yes" the boy nodded and ran to Faline to ask her if she had any clothing among his boxes, after obtaining it he ran to a random room to change, then when he went out he had a pretty long coat for his body size and a black shirt, blue jeans and a little red hoody under his coat, his boots remain the brown ones with the hand drawn bunnies in them.

Riley chuckled as he pulled on his own jacket. Boy, did this kid like bunnies. Faline handed Riley his cell phone and whispered "Be careful; I can't be around forever, you know." Riley gave her a confused look, but the cat-girl merely shot him a toothy grin and blew Ren a kiss as she went to continue setting up Ren's guest room. Riley shrugged and offered en his hand. 'Shall we go?"

He didn't take it anyway, he just walked toward the hall and picked up hs bunny pack, placing it in his arms and nodding at him while standing in front of the door, smiling widely.

After a while, and almost half an hour to get there, they were at the mall, the boy could hardly contain his happiness, running around the place and jumping here and there, staring at the shops, all the colors, and people already decorated for christmas, it was making him all exited and unnerved at the same time, they were indeed still in november.

"Ren, be careful!" Riley gasped, hurrying after the boy. "Please don't run off: I need to keep an eye on you." Riley lead the way into a small store filled with numerous toys: as many as any kid could imagine. Books and figurines and candy and model planes and kites and snowboards and bikes and video games; stuffed toys and puzzles and board games and cards and costumes: absolutely anything one could think of was here.

"This is my favorite toy store...I used to come here all the time with my parents. The owner's really nice: he lets everyone play with the toys he's set out. For some reason there always seems to be enough toys around to share with everyone...." Riley chuckled. "Do you want to play with anything?"

The boy gasped, and didn't even give the man time to finish his question when he spran and literally jumped on the stuffed animal's stand, hugging and thugging onto all the bunnies he could find, rubbing his face onto them and yelling happily running here and there like a very young rabbit.

Riley chuckled and followed along quietly, keeping a close eye on Ren as he bounced about the store. He glanced at a few of the toys before thinking quietly for a moment. Perhaps Ren would like a gift? Quite obviously something from here in the store; perhaps one of the smaller plush bunnies? Riley picked up a small light blue-and-white bunny and examined it for a moment before calling to Ren.

"Ren, is there anything in here you'd like?"

The little boy was toying around with a big as hell black bunny plushy, which had limp and long arms and legs, also its ears were as long as it's body, he was thugging strongly into it, as if it was something he really wanted, but something that would fade away with a poof the moment that he let go off it, not allowed to keep it or to have it even.

pure-love-plush-bunny-boy.jpg

(It looks A LITTLE like this one, sorry I couldn't find anything better, AND IT'S BLACK)

"Y-yes..." he braved up himself to answer.

((omg it's adorable))

Riley smiled and set the toy he was holding down. "Alright, we'll get that one then. Do you want to buy him right now or do you want to play here a little longer?"

((Haven't seen you in tumblr for a while, what's up))

"g-get..?"
The boy was in a shock, the man was offering him to buy the toy, something that not even his father did, buy him a toy, something that he really wanted, was absolutely out of the common standards of his world, he didn't know what to say and he just put back the rabbit to its stand, feeling absolutely embarrassed and like he was being mean.

"N-No, daddy says I should not accept gifts from people..." he shrugged strongly, his small hands would't let go off the toy, even tough his mind was set on it.

((I'm on a bit of a hiatus so I can study for my exams-which are starting this Wednesday! It also explains why I'm taking so long to reply. But fear not; I'll be done soon :3))

"Don't be silly; you can have it! It's not very expensive..." Riley frowned. It was good Ren didn't want to accept gifts from strangers, but Riley wasn't really a stranger. "You like it, don't you? And it's just a toy...go on, take it. I'll buy it for christams, how's that?"

((I see, I wish for you good luck))

The boy stared, ashamed far much more than he should haveand shrugged, nodded while wishing he could just hide his face under the bunny or his hood or something at all. He nodded "y-yes..." he mumbled as loud as he could, shrugging deeply and strongly.

"Come now, no need to be embarrassed," Riley soothed, "you definitely deserve toys. The bunny makes you happy so we should buy it." Riley lead the boy towards the checkout, and added "trust me, you should get used to presents: Faline set up a whole birthday party for me not long ago even though I didn't want one." Riley shook his head "she'll probably get you lots of presents."

He shrugged and hi absolutely only comment to that, over everything that he was craving to say, was "I don't want your presents, I want my dad".

Riley frowned, and was quiet for a moment. "I'm sorry you feel that way, Ren," he said after a while. "Believe me, if I could make your dad appear right now, I would, but I can't." Riley sighed. "Maybe this was a bad idea. I know you want your Papa, but the truth is he won't be comming back for a little while, and I don't know how to make anyone feel better about sad things unless it's showering them in toys." Riley shrugged. "If you still want the toy, we can get it-" he gesturedto the register not even a few feet away- "or we can leave it here and do something else."

The child shrugged "I do want it" he mumbled looking down, how was he expected to understand something like that? he wanted his father, he felt lonely, and abandoned, and he didn't understand everything that was happening anymore.

After paying for the toy he just hugged it and remained with it for long, just hugging it quietly.

Status
Not open for further replies.