Grey Times After College

Status
Not open for further replies.
((asdfgh ok well, what are they I almost killed him there))

Riley shrugged. 'Alright. I don't think there's much sugar in this, but I'll have it, or maybe Faline..." Riley washed his hands thoroughly before preparing the ham sandwich. "Do you want cheese on it?"

"I can eat cheese" he smiled, he seemed smart enough to know what he could and could not eat.

In the note previously seen by Riley the list of what the boy could and could not eat or drink, his allergies and more, the most important seemed to be the next:
  • He has a mortal allergy to wasp/bee stings
  • He can't eat too many sweets, it's bad for him and his teeth
  • He doesn't like sour flavors
  • He's allergic to paniciline
  • He can't make excersice, he has a slight heart condition, however it is reversible.
  • He can't be near dogs, they scare him
  • He also CANNOT and I mean this, HE CANNOT stand packed things, if you offer him something it BETTER be open or he will NEVER open it. Which is why I only give him teddies.
  • He loves teddies
  • He adores bunnies
  • He LOVES bunnies
  • I meant that
  • Bunnies are his life

Riley handed Ren the sandwich and gave a gentle smile. "C'mon, lets see if there's anything on tv, yeah?" He lead the boy to the living room and flipped through the channels until he found a cartoon bunny having playful adventures with other bunny friends. "You want to watch this?"

Before the question was even done being pronounced, Ren was already slowly eating his sandwich and watching with a sweet big smile, his right eye showing a little, showing cut long scars on it, the ones Liam had probably been talking about, he didn't open his eye, which meant that actually it had either been sued, or glued or he couldn't open it anymore because of the wounds.

Riley squirmed a little uncomfortably in his chair. he'd never been faced with such a gruesome wound before and he wasn't sure how to deal with it. However, Riley was glad to see Ren seemed to be enjoying himself. He stared at the television aimlessly and waited for Ren to ask for more food or a different show.

Eventually he turned to look at the man with curious eyes and stood up, walking toward him outstretching his arms with a sad glanc on his face "I want my daddy..." he mumbled, and his little hands landed on his lap, and his head between his knees "Why did he leave mister?" he turned to look at him, big yellowish eye with red cheeks, he was like a cute small version of Liam.

But before giving Riley the necesary time to speak back at the boy he moved away and stared directly at him, with his eye widened and turned into amazement "Waaaaaait You my daddy's sweety!" he smiled and jolted to him "You're the one my daddy loves!"

Riley had been at a loss with how to comfort Ren. But before he could even get a word in, the boy started excitedly calling him Liam's "sweety." Riley flushed a dark shade of red. "U-uhh, I don't think...that was me. I mean...Your papa and I are old friends, but...I don't really think he felt that way about me..." Riley was becoming rather uncomfortable now. Surely Liam would have said something? Mentioned it in passing, at least? Perhaps Ren had him confused with someone else.

He went silent and looked a little disapointed at first, but then he ran to the boxes Faline hand, knowingly that they had some of his stuff and took a little bunny shaped bagpack, and took out a photograph from it, running back to Riley to show him "This is you!" he yelled, showing off a picture that showed that it was Riley, just 4 years younger, and sleeping in a cafe table.

Riley turned an even deeper shade of red. "Th-that IS me!" He took the picture gently from Ren's hands. "Wh..when did he...take this?" He looked at Ren as if the boy held some sort of answer. Riley had never known Liam to be so...sentimental. At least not with him.

The boy smiled and turned around the photograph, showing him that something was written there "What does it say mister? My daddy would stare at it for hours but I can't read" he shrugged embarrassed toward him, "Mister, why does my daddy like you so much?"

"I...I don't know...I mean...we were friends. Or..." Riley sighed. 'We met a long time ago in school and he looked very sad so I tried to become his friends. And then we started to go for coffee and watch the trains every night...and then he left." Riley sighed sadly. "I didn't hear from him after that. And I guess I figured he didn't like me after all..."

Riley looked carefully at the back of the picture, squinting a little as he tried to read the messy hand writing.

"No matter how many times I leave you, my heart goes back to the safety of your arms in my dreams"

Riley blushed even deeper. "I...I don't think...it's something little kids should hear. I-It's not inappropriate or anything, it's just...very personal..."

Ren blinked confusedly, and took back the picture from him to look at it again and then turned to him "You look sad now, mister" the child avoided the topic, clearly looking a little fed up of being told he's too little about everything, and yet again the boy was just 4. "You seem happy in this picture" he mumbled and began nibbling on it with his lips "Are you sad because my daddy left..?"

Riley tried his best to smile. "No...no, I...it's just...I didn't know your daddy felt that way about me because...I felt that way about him." Riley sighed. How was he going to explain this? "Your daddy meant a lot to me and made me happy. And when left I felt really sad and...and I..." Riley struggled with words. Four years. For years of withering away. Four years of emptying himself so he would feel nothing: convinced no one would ever fall in love with him. Four years, no; longer, of feeling so utterly lost. How was he supposed to explain it so simply?

"I guess I ended up like this," he finished softly with a shrug.

The boy blinked slightly confused before looking down "My daddy sometimes cried 'Riley riley' in his sleep" he shrugged and sat down by his side "and he spoke to me about someone who made him happy 'back in the day'" he looked at the picture "Are you angry at him, mister?"

Riley shrugged again. "I don't know...I wasn't before, but...seeing him after a long time of being ignored...it hurt a little more."

Riley couldn't even begin to comprehend how Ren could understand what he was talking about. What hardships, asside from his broken home, could he have faced? How would Ren know seeing Liam after so many years hurt because Riley suddenly felt as if he wasn't important? Liam could stroll right through the city and nit even care. He had the audacity to show his face to Riley, who'd done nothing but hurt in those four hears.

"I guess I'm a little mad at both of us," he mumbled as he switched the tv to a different cartoon.

Ren blinked and then looked down with a grim face like someone had just died " ... Mister, I think you shouldn't be angry" he said out of the blue and placing his little hand on top of his "My daddy does what he does because he loves me" he smiled in such a sweet manner, Riley would probably have to go to the dentist later on "I assure you he did the same for you" he grinned with his eyes closed.

Riley blinked a few times before a small chuckle escaped him. "You're probably right, Ren, thank you..." HS gave the child's hand a gentle squeeze. "So, what do you want to do now?"

((OOC: Discfuntional family matters at hand, and a 4 year old child just told him in nicer words to stop being such a mop. Okay I'm in love with this roleplay))

Ren grinned "Can we go to the mall!?" he jumped, scratch that, SPRANG out of his seat and stood by the hallways to the exit room "I never get to go there, and there's lots of stuff and toys and things! ...and and .... and things!" he waved his arms "It's almost christmas, I wanna know what to ask Santa Claus" he grinned innocently before running to him and pulling his arm a little "Come on come on! bunny can come with us!" he pointed at his bagpack ... which had the form of, oh surprise, a bunny.

Status
Not open for further replies.