Grey Times After College

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faline shrugged. "He wont be in the best condition, but I'll try. Wait here, won't you?" She stood gracefully, and hopped down from the chair, striding over to Riley's room. After some gentle encouragement, and a little fuss, Faline returned, pulling a hastily dressed, rather gaunt looking figure of Riley. In the dark of the night, Liam may not have been unable to make out his features. Riley was taller, paler, a look of pure hopelessness and a frown etched permently onto his face. Dark circles had formed under his eyes, and he was much thinner than when they had first met. The light in the young man's eyes had dulled noticeably, and Riley refused to look at Liam as Faline sat him down on the opposing couch. Curling up next to the ghost of a boy she nodded. "Proceed."

Liam nodded and remained quiet, completely quiet for a moment, but he had already predicted this, he didn't know how to form what he had to say so he took a few moments to gather his thoughts again, and then spoke up.

"Four years ago I made someone pregnant, that much is true, at first I thought she was going to abort, or that she was lying to me to hurt me, but no, she was pregnant. She refused to recognize the baby once it was born, and she dumped him in an orphanage once he was born, one which thanks to Faline I was able to find and rescue him from. Jack, my ex boyfriend whom Riley knew about by then, had found out about this and proceeded to stalk me constantly, beat me and do all kinds of bullshit in exchange of not telling the cops I was indeed a minor, and not fit for caring for such a small child.

The day I hit the end of the cup, was the day I killed him, because he dropped my baby upside down in front of me, of course once again Faline steped in, and saved me from ending up in jail. Which by the way I will never forget. However my son was left blind on his right eye because he landed on pieces of broken glasses.

After that the best advice I got, was leaving town, I left you a note when I did, however when I placed it under the door, I'm afraid I had to pull it away and leave wordlessly, because you would never understand, WHY I decided to sleep with that girl.

However the best explanation I can give you, is that like the rest, she forced-payed me for it. And Jack got the money, the ass...

Anyway two years ago I decided that I would find and kill everyone who hurt me, and you alike, everyone who decided that it had been fun to play with me and abuse me in many ways. And since then I joined the ranks of a Merc."

Riley's head snapped up, eyes widening. He looked to Faline in slight horror, who only gazed back with a quiet calm. Riley wanted to say something, anything, preferably "you knew?" but found himself unable to speak. Faline tucked a lock of Riley's stray hair back into place, remaining expressionless, and somehow that was all the assurance he needed. Riley turned back to Liam to continue listening before holding up a hand. "Stop," he said, his voice a broken whisper. "Liam...no. I-I'm sorry, but...why didn't you tell me before? I...I just..."
He pinched the bribe of his nose and took a deep breath.
"Please, I just...I don't want to see you, anymore..."

Liam gave a bitter smile "I didn't tell you" he stood up "Because I never wanted to be involved with you at all from the start, my prescence itself is a curse... which is why I wanted to talk to you, tell you what really happened, I wished not to keep lying to you..." with this, he gave Faline a note, and left ... without his boy.

Riley folded up into himself. Liam had never been a curse, not even an inconvenience, really. Riley couldn't place it, but he adored the man across from him. Or at least, he had. It was true Riley had let himself go, maybe even waste away after Liam had left, but it had started out of worry and concern, and eventually became a habit.
Riley wanted to say this, that he had enjoyed Liam's company, cherished it.
He stared at the floor. it didn't matter now. Liam hated him, it was obvious. maybe it was just time to move on...
When he looked up, he realized that Ren was still here. Riley ashed into the hall. "Liam!?" He called, panicking. "Liam, you're son!"

Faline quietly unfolded the note and began to read.

(OOC: -YOUR- is of possesion, YOU'RE is for individuals!)

"Faline, you can't tell anyone that my son is here, I trust that you will not place any blame on him and take care of him, you know people, I trust you. I know I can trust you, please don't tell him that I left, just tell him I had to work, he's more understanding than children his age...

He's holding a key, it will lead to my apartment, you can keep it as a property, all the paperwork is at Ren's name, not mine. I placed lists of vitamins, foods, allergies, favorite tv shows and pretty much everything on a box under the main bedroom's bed, please take good care of that box, it also contains his oficial paperwork, and some money for him in case he wants toys for christmas...

Please tell him I love him, and that I'll see him again.

Please also tell Riley that I'm sorry for disappearing like that, and doing it again...

I have to, I must not compromise anyone else that I love... not anymore.

Thank you for everything."

((OOC ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS OMFG I AM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW YOU DONT EVEN KNOW HOW MUCH I HATE MY PHONE))

Faline sighed with a soft smile. Typical of Liam, but there was nothing she could do about it. It was just how he was. Tucking the note into her pocket, she called for Riley. "Liam wants us to look after him for a while," she said, holding up a hand to stop the boy from speaking. "It is crucial we do not let anyone know he's here."

"So we've become a safe house," Riley spat bitterly. He wasn't involved in any of Faline's so-called business, and he wanted nothing to do with it, but he knew he wouldn't have anywhere else to go if she evr got fed up with him. That probably woiuldn't happen, but still, Riley wasn't comfortable with suddenly becoming a target.

"it's fine," Faline said with a wave of her hand. "you've finished school now, yeah? Just a few more weeks and exams are here and then you're off into the world. You'll have lots of time to look after Ren while I act as the bread winner."
Riley rolled his eyes. "I have a job" The next few minuets was filled with light banter. "Trust me," Faline purred, "I'll have it so you work from home." Riley finally sighed and began to ;;pour himself coffee while Faline munched on a chocolate-covered bread stick. "He said he's sorry, by the way. For dissapearing like that."

Riley said nothing and merely turned on the tv to a child friendly program at a low volume.

The hours passed and Ren woke up drowzy, and quite clearly mad, he looked around and suddenly jolted out of bed and ran to the hallway, then pushed Riley strongly as soon as his little yellow-ish eye spotted him "Where's my dad?!" he yelled, angrily, obviously he was very much half asleep yet, but very, very cranky.

Riley blinked in confusion. Faline had gone to run some errands and he had assumed the boy would sleep a little longer. "Ah, your dad asked us to watch you while at work, so...yeah. here you are." Riley wasn't too sure what to do. He'd left the tv on and sort of hoped the kid would sit there and watch: he'd never looked after kids before. Riley could, however, tell hat the boy was more than a little cranky. "Are you hungry? Do you want a snack?"

The boy blinked a bit surprised at the word Work, but he only looked down, hiding under his hair a little and went back to lie down on the couch "Maybe if I sleep until he comes I won't even notice he was gone..." he mumbled squeezing his eyes shut, the levels of innocence of this boy was normal, but a little heart breaking to others.

Riley frowned. "hey now, sometimes people are going to leave and sometimes you'll be sad about it, but the thing is it's going to happen, and all you can really do is hope they come back safe." Riley rubbed his temples and sighed. "The important thing to remember is that it's ok to miss someone, but wasting all the time away worrying will only make you sick." Riley stared at the kid. That was probably something really mean to say. 'Listen...your...your Papa loves you very much, that's why he's working. He's doing it for you. He wants you to be happy...ok?" Riley scratched the back of his neck. "So, uh...ddi you eat breakfast? Do you..want lunch?"

The boy however didn't move nor reply for a while, almost fifteen minutes later he sat back up turned to him with a cranky face "I can't read watches" he mumbled "I think... my tummy hurts" he mumbled holding his small hands over his stomach and shrugging.

Riley sighed and held out his hand. "Don't worry, Papa will be back soon. As for your tummy, do you want to go to the bathroom? Or maybe it's just hungry." Riley smiled softly for the first time in long while. "Sometimes tummies get cranky, too."

The boy stared at him innocently and then looked down, climbing down the sofa and nearing him "I still can't go by myself..." he mumbled buried in terrible shame "... daddy taught me but i forget... i'm dummy"

"Hey now, you aren't dumb. It's ok to forget things sometimes." Riley shifted uncomfortably. Ren wasn't his kid, so this would be a little awkward. He lead the boy to the bathroom. "uuuhh...ok. You just, uh...stand for number one and sit for number two, so...Uh...which do you need to do?"

He looked completely confused for a second but after he understood, he blushed " ... um ... two..." he shrugged strongly.

After ten very awkward minutes, they walked out the place and he ran to the dine table after washing his hands, and then to the kitchen looking around with big eyes " ... No sandwiches?" he asked innocently.

"Well, I don't know what you like to eat, or if you're allergic to anyth-"

"HOLD IT!" Faline burst through the door, carrying a large number of boxes. "Everybody's favorite cat Faline has arrived with the goods! Ren, darling, your daddy asked me to bring some things over for you from home so you're more comfy. Wasn't that nice?"

Faline handed a peice if paper to Ruley. Here, things he can and can't eat, vitamins, and other day-to-day things."

Riley peered at the list, wondering what it was. "Hold on just. Moment, Ren, let me look through this and we'll get you lunch."

The boy only jolted and ran to the corner of the kitchen, like an scared little bunny and stood there silently and a little afraid, but then watched Faline holding the boxes and neared her with his innocent big cute eye and an ashamed face " ... miss, can i ... help ...you?"

"Oh, no thank you, darling, I've got it. Trust me, I've held heavier things." With that she glided over to her room to sort through the boxes. "you just enjoy your time with big-brother Riley; he'll take good care of you!"

Riley returned to Ren with a small sandwich. "The list didn't say you have any allergies, so I made you a peanut-butter and jelly sandwich. Or do you want a different one?"

(actually he does have allergies and all that stuff, also sorry, i got brainfreeze)

The boy shook his head "My daddy says sugar is bad for me, can I have a ham sandwich?" he smiled brightly but a bit ashamed by being rejected by Faline, to whom he just wanted to be nice to.

Status
Not open for further replies.