Grey Times After College

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riley nodded slowly, and handed the boy the treat. "I wanted...to say sorry about before. I shouldn't have done that." he stood in silence for a moment. "I'm sorry I upset you. I'll leave you alone if you want, but I don't want you to get hurt...so, can we go back? And...watch the trains together?"

The boy didn't as much as hesitate before taking the treat and walking back to where they were sitting at previously, the boy however limited himself on nibbling on the small plastic bag of the cookie without taking it out, for some reason, and finally he took off his hood, ruffling his hair a little probably because it was getting on his nerves, his only open eye was bright yellow, and too dark for a little boy like him, his right eye however had awuful scars on it, as if an animal had clawed on his face for god knows what reason.

"... it's late" the boy mumbled, putting back his hood and hiding his face under his silver-ish hair, once more, looking at the clock of the station, which was just about to close " ... he's not coming..." his little infant voice was breaking, but what he must have feeling must have been awuful, for a child this little to be dissapointed like that "...It's my biday..."

Riley watched the boy curiously. It was odd that the boy was nibbling on the paper rather than the actual treat, but Riley held his peace. He didn't want to scare the boy again. He observed the horrible wound on the boy's face, but again said nothing.

Riley felt his heart sink as the boy realized his father wasn't comming. "I'm sorry, kiddo," Riley said softly. "I know you wanted to see him...maybe he's outside?" Riley stood up and held out his hand. "If you like, we can get more cookies and warm drinks, and wait outside of the station...and then maybe I can bring you home, ok?"

The little boy began sobbing and having complications to breathe, however he nodded and walked down from his seatment, taking the man's hand even tough he still was very reclutant toward the idea, still the station man basically kicked them both out, but he didn't want to even move from the station's entry way, so he sat down on the staircase, shivering like a little dog on a corner, still nibbling on his cookie's package.

Riley frowned, and sat next to the child, rubbing his hands together. He felt absolutely awful for the boy. Riley remembered what it was like when his own father had abandoned him and cast him out. He'd been horribly devastated. Riley sighed, and blew into his hands. Who could be so cruel to a small child?Riley cast a curious glance at the boy as he continued to nibble the packaging rather than the actual cookie. He removed his jacket, offering it to the boy. "Here...take it. It should be warm: I've been wearing it all day."

The little one took it and placed it over his shoulders, holding onto it closer and dearly, closing his one open eye strongly. After a few minutes the lights of the station went off and it was quiet, lonely and everything was still, it should have been around two in the morning, and that boy was still there, however he was falling asleep, and sneezing, clearly a having a few signs of a cold due to the devastating freeze that had fallen that day thanks to the autumn.

Eventually he could not hold it together any longer, and outright out of nowhere he began bawling as loud as screaming, at the top of his lungs, his tears made his face wet quicker than any kind of rain could have done it, and he wasn't stopping it, he only began even yelling "Why don't you love me!?" over and over again, even alarming the nightman who peeked from behind the station's fence to watch the man, making sure he wasn't doing anything wrong to the child.

Riley jumped up and practically screamed. He was ashamed to admit that he'd begun to doze off himself, and the boy's shouting had alarmed him. Riley was at a loss, he wasn't one for comfort really. "H-hey! Hey, hey, settle down, kiddo, it's alright. I'm sure your papa loves you. Maybe something just came up and he couldn't make it?" Riley stood there, not really sure what to do before scratching the back of his head. "P=please calm down...you-you're going to make me nervous and then I'll cry too..." Riley sighed. "I'm sure he loves you, he just must've been busy, is all..."

The boy however didn't listen this time, he was reaching the level of a tantrum already, when all of a sudden he went absolutely quiet and still, and he turned to look behind him, at the top of the stairs there was a woman standing, blinking in shock, for the autumn she was wearing the entire attire a prostitute from a bar would wear, she had a cigarrette between her fingers, and in her small bag, a little silver bottle, probably for scotch or something.

"Ren?" she asked, her voice gave out how furious she was, she walked down the stairs to where the boy was and took away the jacket basically shoving it into Riley's arms and pulling the little boy away, screaming at him like she were a madwoman, absolutely angry, among the yelling there was insults, offenses, menaces of beating him and even worse, she even brought the cigarrette close to the boy's face yelling "YOU WANT ME TO MAKE THAT SCAR WORSE!?" the boy was as quiet as a tomb, pale like a ghost, he didn't even dare to make a sound.

"HEY!"
Riley couldn't explain himself. It was like he'd been filled with a white hot, burning rage; before he knew it he was charging towards the woman, and pushed her roughly. It suddenly didn't matter that she was a lady. Nothing mattered but helping the boy, Ren. Riley pulled the child from her grasp, and set him gently aside before turning his rage to the woman. "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?" He thundered, surprised that his voice wielded so much power and authority and contempt. "I don't care HOW you're related to this boy, I don't EVER want to see you treat him like this. He's a good kid and he deserves some RESPECT."

There was a sudden squeal of tires, and Riley felt relief pulse through his chest once he recognized Faline's car pull up. She rolled the window down and leaned out. "Hey Riles. I was wondering when you'd be home." She nodded to the strangers. "Who're you're friends? Do they need any help?"

Riley looked over carefully at the boy. "Ren?" he asked gently and quietly, "do you help?"

The boy stared atonished at the scene, and ran to the man, pushing him a little "Please mister just go home! It's very late anyway... my mama's just worried about me!" he yelled, pushing him away as the woman walked up to him and grabbed his hand, pulling him away from Riley by force.

"Who do YOU think you are you fucking pedophile!? GET AWAY FROM MY SON!" she yelled outraged like a lioness protecting her cub "Fuck you!" she yelled as she began walking away, the boy only looked at Riley over his shoulder, unwilling to fight his mother.

Riley was dumb founded. "I am NOT a pedophile! I'm just worried about his safety! LOOK AT HOW YOU'RE TREATING HIM!"
The commotion was quieted with a single gunshot. Riley whipped his head around, heart pounding, to find Faline had gotten out of her car and shot skywards. Her eyes were cold and steely. "You hear that?" her voice was low, and menacing, carrying perfectly in the now dead silent air. "I said do you HEAR that, you no good son of a bitch?" Faline waited no time pointing her pistol at the woman's back. "I know you know who this is, and let me tell you if I catch you or any of your brood working on my side of the city again, I'll put a bullet through your head so fast, you wont even have time to hear the motherfucking sound. And I know your bitch-ass Boss isn't gonna do a fucking thing because he wouldn't be a free man if it weren't for me, I said do you HEAR me, bitch?" She smirked a little. "I dare you to make a move on my turf, dog, and you'll see what happens. I don't want any more fucking trouble. I SAID DO YOU HEAR ME?"

The woman turned slowly, scared mindlessly, she couldn't begin to think of how had that just happened, but at first she looked at her son, she nodded frantically and tried to walk away, but someone stood in front of her and pushed her down to the floor, the boy was now in a state of extreme panic, but before he could scream, he looked forward and went silent again.

"Sorry I'm late..." the young man mumbled, smiling gently at the boy, who only screamed "DAD!" it was Liam, it clearly was Liam.

Faline tucked her gun away, planning a meeting with the leader of the gang she had rather good relations with. It was rare to catch them on her side, at least without a prior warning or request.
Riley, however, was not taking this very well. His angry had turned to icy despair, hurt, and betrayal. Sensing this, Faline moved to his side and pulled him away. "Get in the car, Riley," she said softly.
Riley followed numbly. He couldn't believe what he was seeing, hearing. it had to be...a trick....a dream...maybe he had fallen asleep at the station. But now, the utter feeling or hurt was much to sharp in the young man's gut, and as Faline closed the door behind him, Riley buried his head in his hands and began to quietly sob.
Faline, however, didn't move. Rather, she leaned against her car and began firing off texts to her subordinates, letting them know what had happened and her plan.

Liam walked up to Falice, his expression was deadly serious and he seemed to have no intentions to even looking at the other woman "I need to talk to him tomorrow when he's calmer. We need to tell him what happened." he said, then lifted the boy to his arms and close to him "Go home for now, I'll make sure these idiots don't come into your territory again." with this as an affirmation, he left.

Faline nodded and said softly "Come to the house, if you can." with that, Faline got into her car and started the engine. Riley had stopped crying now, but kept his face burried in his hands. Faline said nothing as she drove home. The silence stretched on while they entered their home. Riley quietly flopped into his bed and tried his best to fall asleep. Faline, however, prepared herself some coffee and perched herself on thecounter, like a cat. Her eyes were fixed on the door. If anyone was going to speak to Liam, it would be her, not Riley.

Morning came after just a few hours, around 8 am, Liam rose from the bedroom on his apartment's room and looked straight at the boy who was sleeping soundly at his side, he rose up and moved him a little to wake him up.

In a common situation he'd just drop off the child on a nursery or with his foster mother, but right now it was probably going to be the worst idea he could think of, and the day was just starting, so he decided on taking the boy with him, maybe then Riley wouldn't explode on his face, and listen at least for the first five minutes.

He got up and went into the bathroom, followed by his son who was just as sleepy and cranky as he himself was, brushed their teeth, had a light breakfast, got dressed and were on their way, he'd stop by here and there but eventually the boy fell back asleep on his arms since it was far too early for him now, and he wasn't accostumed to be up so late, as he had been the night before.

Eeventually they reached the apartment and he knocked on the door softly, holding the boy up gently to let him sleep.

Faline opened the door slowly. She hadn't slept, but it was impossible to tell, for shed groomed herself quite well. Riley, however, had been absolutely devastated. He had refused to rise from his bed and was still curled up, thinking about what he had learned. He couldn't dare face Liam again, not now. It was shocking, really: how easily Riley had clung to the belief that this boy would return to him, but...he'd never envisioned it like this. Riley figured that, even without the boy, he wouldn't be able to face Liam. They were too different now. Perhaps it was time to put the past behind him.

Faline ushered the boys inside and hopped onto the armchair, sitting on the top rather than the actual seat. "Hello, darling, it's been ages since I saw you last." Her eyes were focused and a small grin tugged at her lips. One could almost imagine a tail swishing behind her. "I do hope you don't mind leaving Riley be, for now, he's rather...hmmm...shell-shocked, I assume..." Her eyes dropped to the floor and her smile disappeared. "He's been waiting, you know....for four years, he's been waiting...."

Liam coouldn't force himself to smile at her and looked away a little, caressing the child's head "We need to tell him what happened" he said in a low tone, he already knew Riley had had the worst part of all this, but this business was not over yet and he wouldn't allow it to die like this.

"For now we need to discuss how we're going to see him about this..." he looked down, with a very bitter expression, like he were about to cry, but manning up.

Faline tuted, her smile returning. "Now, Liam, this is a safe environment: you're free to express your emotions however you see fit." She readjusted herself quickly and added "Can I get you anything? Coffee? Tea?" she waved her hand as if to dismiss the thought: there were more pressing matters at hand. "As for Riley, well, he's very hurt, and you're lucky I'm fond of you, darling, or I'd have killed you some time ago." Faline pulled out a nail file, and began to tend to what she liked to call her "claws."

"You put him through a lot, you know. All he ever wanted from you was a smile. Pity you couldn't let him have that. It would have saved you both some heartbreak, no? Regardless, why not let me play middleman for a while?" Her eyes flicked from the boy to Liam. "Tell me everything"

He looked down, deep down like he was trying to look underground, he went inside and sat down on the table, not before placing the little boy gently on the couch so he could continue sleeping soundly as he was, and as innocently as he was.

Liam took some time to gather his thoughts, then finally let down his head, placing it on top of the table's surface, hiding it among his arms and giving one long sigh. "I'll tell you everything, but please just ... I want Riley to listen... this is for him, not to gain your favor"

Status
Not open for further replies.