cinema

on the moon
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
hello hello! I'm cinema! Though I am fairly experienced in play-by-post roleplaying it has been awhile since I've found the inspiration, the time, and the energy to participate in any and as such I'm fairly rusty, though I'm putting myself out there and shaking that off as best as possible! the first step of that process for me was finding a new site to roleplay on and I happened to stumble upon iwaku!

A brief history of my roleplaying experience is as follows (and I generally only include this in case I find some long lost comrade or something of the sort ^^):
  • I got my start into roleplaying on games and sites like IMVU, chatango, secondlife, etc.
  • After getting specifically into fandom-type roleplays I transitioned away from those and found a site called Warrior Cats Roleplaying Game, or WCRPG which eventually turned into FeralFront, which has since been taken down (and for good reasons mind you, it was a very toxic website, though I do have fond memories.) FeralFront is where the majority of my roleplaying history and experience developed, starting around 2011 and playing off and on up until the site was taken down which was only a few years ago (2021 if I remember correctly)
  • From there I moved over to RPNation, which I had dipped into prior to that occurrence, though had never had much luck. I stayed there for the last two years, off and on, never consistently finding the right groups or the right crowd and that pretty much turned me away from the site, though I hope to have better luck here!

And now, just a bit about me!:
  • I am 23 years old, though I'll be 24 pretty soon
  • I identify as transfemme nonbinary and use she/they pronouns
  • I am currently pursuing a degree in IT and also work full-time, so my schedule can be spotty, though I'll usually be able to check up here every day and at least interact OOC.
  • I do not roleplay sexual content, I'm more of a fade-to-black kind of girly, if I roleplay romance at all.
  • I love fandom roleplays as long as I have the opportunity to create original characters within those worlds - I love cannon material, don't get me wrong, but I find no joy in using a character that already exists
  • I also love completely original worlds and I'm a sucker for roleplays that include special abilities or magic.

I am excited to get started here on Iwaku and roleplay!

Welcome to Iwaku, cinema!

We're happy to have you here. We've gotten a lot of people who have come here from RPNation and FeralFront, so maybe you'll find fellow friends who were looking for a new rp home as well. We've got all sorts of writers here so I hope you find what you're looking for in our cozy little rp hub. I see that you've filled out part of your rp resume, I encourage you to fill out some other parts of it if you have time because it can be a great little reference sheet for potential partners to check if you'd be a good fit very quickly!

If you have any questions, please let any of us on staff know. Have a great day <3

(Also, your pfp is very pretty!)

Reactions: cinema
Hello !!! I am a Feral front refugee myself. Tried to dip my toes into RPNation, but I couldn't stay so I returned here and despite my occasional spottiness I have been here to stay >:3

As Pav mentioned, if you have any questions, please let staff know. Also if you haven't yet, check out the Newbie Navigation!

In the mean time, I hope you enjoy iwaku! Hope to see you around too <3

Welcome to Iwaku, cinema! I love your profile aesthetic ✨

Howdy cinema! Nice to meet you!

Hello and welcome!

That's so cool! I also used to roleplay on FeralFront! It's nice knowing that someone here also used to rp over there! I hope you enjoy your stay at this site! I haven't had any bad experiences here. The people are really nice and welcoming! ^^

Hi! I'm also super rusty and shy as far as getting back into roleplay XD

Welcome to Iwaku! I was also on Feral Front but sadly, it was short-lived for me because of the site shut down. I was also on IMVU, and still am, too.

We're glad to have you here with us though and hope you enjoy yourself here. ✨

Greetings! Welcome to Iwaku!