Greetings New Volunteers! Lets figure out what you're doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
@Yuuka @Esthalia @Fijoli @Kijin Seija

STEP ONE: CHOOSE THE ROLEPLAY FORUM YOU WOULD LIKE TO MODERATE.

That is:
- JumpIns
- Fantasy
- Realistic
- SciFi
- Misc
- One/Ones
- Mature T
- Mature A

Make sure it's a section you spend A LOT of time in. Tell me what that is so I can get your controls setup.

Pick a DAY you want to do your graveyarding. This is just so you get used to checking for dead threads once a week.

Remember to glance over threads DAILY. There will always be new members making mistakes and posting topics in the wrong forum, or doing OOC spam, etc.

STEP TWO: MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THE RULES OF THE FORUMS AND HOW THINGS SHOULD BE MODERATED.

We have a forum maintenance guide posted up for you. :D If you have any questions about a specific thread of something you come across, ASK! Sometimes there WILL be weird situations.

STEP THREE: TEST OUT YOUR MOD CONTROLS HERE IN THE VOLUNTEER SECTION.

Get familiar with what all the buttons do! Post up some test threads and then delete, edit, etc. That way you're less likely to make an oopsies elsewhere.

STEP FOUR: WANT TO GO THE EXTRA MILE? HERE ARE AREAS OF THE SITE WE NEED HELP IN:

The Worldbuilding Guild needs workshops and exercises BAD. It is under developed and needs more attention.

The Roleplay Intitute could use workshops and exercises.

General Chatting could always have new topics posted in there.

Posting new games in the Board Games forum will give people fun things to do.

Reactions: Esthalia
I'm interested in moderating Fantasy and/or Sci Fi, General topics, some challenges. (( Really wherever you need it most, I'm rather flexible and eclectic))

I could make some personification exercises in the institute forum.
I can moderate just about any forum (Jump-ins, Fantasy, Modern, Sci-Fi and Miscellaneous threads as well~

I spend most of my time sitting around in the Jump-Ins, so I'll make that my pick.

Aaaand @Terra There we go, I think that is everyone that needs to be here. >:3

Okay, we will put Kijin in Jumps.

Fijoli we'll put in Fantasy!

And Yuuka in the Misc section.

We'll see how this goes for awhile before we give anyone extra forums for modding. >:3 And Terra needs to pick hers.

• Thank You
Reactions: Fijoli
Well, you know me. I'll take mature A and mature T. I'll also try and come up with General Chatting ideas. I will do graveyarding every friday or monday, depending on workload.

I'll give you all some tips: please don't go overboard with your powers.
It's okay to bump threads when they need it, but no more.

Lets not bump threads unless a member requested their roleplay to be removed from the graveyard and they need a bump to make sure the mods don't archive it before a post is made. >> Randomly bumping RP threads is going to give false activity records and Maintenance mods won't be able to archive dead roleplays properly.

And make sure everyone is familiar with the archiving deadlines for each of the Forum sections! Some sections have special things to remember!

• Thank You
Reactions: IceChateau777
I am here! Sorry for the delay!
I pick Mature A, it sure is a Forum I spend a lot of time browing and writing. c;

Okay, got Terra setup and Esthalia who I forgot to fix a few days ago, O_O

*sob* YOU ALWAYS FORGET ABOUT ME! *doublesob*

Also, @Diana , I want to volunteer to mod the Bordello, Bordello Inn and the steambox. Since I'm in those boxes all the time.

Last edited:
*Pokes head in*

If any of you lovely people have the time or inclination, we could always use more people contributing content to the Roleplay Institute. Also, CosmicWeinerDog is looking for people to contribute segments for the Radio Show.

Okay, finally got around to adding @Terra to Realistic and @Fijoli to Writing and Art. O_O

Writing and Art has special archive rules! You ONLY archive a thread if the thread starter has become inactive. Inactive = hasn't logged in to the site in 60 days! (two months) Beyond that just make sure people have their prefix set. <3

Ok, You got it boss. ^_^ Thank you Diana. The more I explore the more I'll be able to contribute. I'll look over the Roleplay institute, seems I have a ton of good advice. I just have to get a feel for what it's all about and see if it is something I can handle.

@Diana : I tried graveyarding today and I don't have the ability. D:< You lied to me!

Trying move threads from the thread list and not the thread itself, there is a permission setting bug I am still trying to fix, D:

That's what I tried to do. :(

still can't graveyard @_@

Try it now. >>

Status
Not open for further replies.