Greetings From Somewhere Within This Universe!

C

coo

Original poster
Hello, hello and thank you for checking out this mess of a thread. As you can probably tell, I am coo and am very new to this website. However, I am definitely not new to role-playing. I've been on and off role-playing for about seven to eight years. Because of that, I can rightly say that I have at least a decent grasp as to what I'm doing. Most all of my role-playing years have been spent on forum based boards but none of them are like this; therefore, I'll admit that it is a bit intimidating, haha.

Concerning some other facts about myself, I am an avid writer beyond role-play as I've been planning a book series for around seven years. I also enjoy writing poetry. I'm an American citizen who is about to enter college. I have a love of pretty much all animals (except monkeys) but I currently cannot own any pets. I enjoy learning about the world around me as well as learning about the cultures of other countries/people. Also, if I could remember each and every one of them, I could probably be likened to an encyclopedia of useless facts.

On the matter of role-play, I enjoy pretty much any genre so just ask me about it and - if the plot is interesting - I'll most likely take a jab at it. I often tend to write a mixture of small and large paragraphs; and I will usually only play one character at a time in addition to NPCs. I love, love, love worldbuilding and using the real world as my jar of inspiration because I find it so fascinating! Lastly, for the past few years, I've been working hard on character dynamics and character building. I've mostly been focusing on the balancing of traits, goals, and values to make characters seem more real. Overall, I feel that I have a decent grasp on that subject as well. However, I can definitely say that I am not the best but I am getting better.

Well, that's all I have for now. I can't wait to meet you guys and start role-playing! c:

• Love
Reactions: Draugvan
Hey there! It's definitely not a mess. Don't be intimidated, though, there are lots of friendly faces here to lend a hand.

We have all kinds of nifty nooks and crannies on the site to explore. A couple that might interest you: Developing Characters where people discuss character creation and share tips and Showcasing where people can post their solo writing works for fun or critique!

I hope you're settling in well so far but don't be afraid to ask for help if not :)

Welcome to Iwaku! I think you'll have a great time here :)