1. Multiple posts per week
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Supernatural are my favorites.
Hello!

My writing journey began wayyy back in World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King when I asked my brother 'What are RP-servers?'.

The character; a blind Warlock later turned Druid, Mary Sue, with her seeing-eye Imp Steve. Both on a mission to stop her Cultist sister, Sally Sue at Scholomance. Great times...Cringe times.

But the Muse wanted more...

So when I got frustrated that the WoW chatbox was getting too small for my writing I turned to Forum Roleplay. This was with my 'Queen of the Slaves' ancient, Egyptian beauty turned 'Dark Goddess of Darkness' after making a deal with a Lovecraftian cosmic horror turned French accented librarian in disguise who survived thousands of years on earth consuming blood or else her disguise of sexy French librarian will fail for some reason and reveal her 'Ultimate True Dark Form of Darkness'...which changed every time I had a new RP with her. I believe at some point she even became bioluminescent. I watched a deep sea documentary I think...

Excellent...More cringe but on greater scale. But alas, the Muse wants more...

So then I turned to the wonderful world of Fanfiction. I think this was around a time where I was getting frustrated that I couldn't find like-minded writing partners that stuck with a RP till the end, and also frustrated that my writing wasn't improving...and the cringe. So I thought writing fanfiction was a good way to write full stories on my own and find my voice. Most of the heavy lifting was already done in those settings so all I had to do was make an OC and plan out a decent storyline, derail everything and write all my energy into shipping my OC with whoever I was fangirling over... I'm proud to say the cringe has lessened significantly since then.

But the Muse was hungry for more, MORE!! *goblin screech*

I later stumbled upon the world of Tabletop gaming. And then the word 'Homebrew'. I was like...

"Oooh. What's Homebrew?"

And that made me nosedive into Worldbuilding and I've never been so in love with the art of writing as the day I discovered I could make 'MY OWN WORLDS'. I'm still in the honeymoon phase. It's wonderful. Exhausting but wonderful.

So Hi! I'm ImaginationGoneWild but you can call me Wild or IGW. I'll make a request thread after I'm done dusting off my character profiles and worldbuilding projects. It's been a while since I roleplayed. Life is hectic sometimes.

Welcome to Iwaku, Wild!

I love that you gave us your whole origin story here LOL I found it fun to read. I think we all kind of have those humble beginnings. I believe my first role-play character ever was a sexy vampire archer who was definitely way too smart to be being played by a twelve year old. We've all gotta start somewhere.

If you're looking to dip into finding partners right now, might I suggest our Partner Connections section? (If you're looking for role-plays with more adult themes, we have the Redstar Connections section for your age group as well!) Feel free to take a peek around or toss out an ad of your own to see who bites.

If you need help, don't hesitate to give any of us mods a bonk on the head. Just try to make it a gentle bonk LOL

Have a great day and don't be a stranger! :^)

Reactions: ImaginationGoneWild
Thank you for the welcome! Glad I could entertain you. :)
I'm liking the site so far. I haven't seen a site that offers writing tips and such like you guys do. I'm impressed! :D
I like how it's organized as well. :)

• Thank You
Reactions: PavellumPendulum