1. The server transfer is complete, but there is a known issue occurring with posts lagging when they are sent! We apologize for the inconvenience. A fix is underway, so please bear with us.

UPDATE: The issue with post lag appears to be fixed, but the search system is temporarily down, as it was the culprit. It will be back up later!

Greetings and Salutations

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Ether, Dec 3, 2014.

1. This is my first post in my first thread in this site, and I have to say that this is quite a site you guys have. With no shortage of active members, I hope the experiences in various roleplays I'll be participating in can help enrich the site's roleplaying activity as a whole, and end up as fun and fulfilling for all involved.

Here's a short bio on what I like and dislike. I hope those can serve as an indicator of what RPs I tend to join.

I prefer:
    -
    Passable grammar and spelling when roleplaying.
    - Prioritization of the right elements in a roleplay post, in order of descending importance: character consistency, tone consistency, narrative progression,
    - Structured systems of magic, if said magic is at all present. This helps the players to know to what extent their characters can grow or progress.
    - Good communication between participating players, may it be via private messages or OOC/RP discussion threads.
    - Consistent lore for RP settings.

I dislike:
    - Distracting signatures. (This means animated images or overly bright and big text, or signatures being five times as big as your average post size)
    - Using fandom-specific images as an image for your original character. (If you're going to give your character an image, make a more serious effort, such as drawing it yourself)
    - Immature behavior. (Nuff said on this one)
    - Coloring text when a character speaks. (Distracting. Besides, it's offensive to colorblind people :P)
    - Having Japanese characters and Japanese terms in a setting where their presence doesn't make sense.

2. Hello, Ether. Welcome to Iwaku and enjoy your stay. I'm sure you'll find RPs to fit your need ^ ^

3. Welcome to Iwaku!

4. Greetings Ether! :D Hopefully you can find some compatible player partners here!